Where would you be in life without Runescape?

Dean Ambrose

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wud say healthlier and lighter but that wud b a lie but i can say 1 thing i wudnt b the same person. fair enuf it hasnt massively changed my life but there are 1 or 2 great friendships that i have that start with a comversation about runescape. so although it wudnt b a massive differance i still wudnt quite be the same person

i wud say healthlier and lighter but that wud b a lie but i can say 1 thing i wudnt b the same person. fair enuf it hasnt massively changed my life but there are 1 or 2 great friendships that i have that start with a comversation about runescape. so although it wudnt b a massive differance i still wudnt quite be the same person

Judging by the way you type, I'd say you'd have a better chance being a gangster than playing online games.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

I have never really gottne into rs and Ive been playing for 4 yrhs

I get on like 1h a week but dats it and mostly to chat with others only reason that my stats so high is because ive been working on the for like 4 yrs a litte xp at a time :boohoo: :twss:

34sny53.png

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

RS is just a time killer for me... IMO I'd either be bored more, or with friends more often.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

and probably not need glasses.

I hear you ... sometimes I glare at my screen and look through. Mine never seem to be clean when I'm not looking at a computer./

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

I'd probably would be buying a new console game once a month to satisfy my gaming needs. Maybe I would be involved in other activities, who knows, but I would definitely still play some Video Game. Needless to say, School comes first. (Maybe I would be in slightly better shape :lol: ) - I should try to exercise as much as I play RS (If I did I'd be BUFF! LOLZ JK, I'M TYPICALLY on like 4-6 hours/ week, sometimes a bit more, depending on how dull my week is :roll: )

- EDR

Will get a new Siggy, if I get around to it[/size]

Ok, I have better things to do so I'll make this fast. I think that runescape, which I played for about 3 years has taught me two things. One, that hard work = cash if you apply yourself to the right things. And two, do's and donts with lots of money. I made and lost at least 9m through out my runescape career, through mercanting, luck, bad luck, and stupid ideas.

Hank23451.png

I'd probably have better grades.

[hide=My current grades]01-M/J RESEARCH 2 - Term 3 C

02-M/J COMP SCI 2 ADV - Term 3 A

03-M/J LEADERSHIP - Term 3 A

04-M/J WORLD GEO ADV&CA - Term 3 A

05-M/J EXP WHEEL 2 - Term 3 F

06-M/J LANG ARTS 2 ADV - Term 3 B

07-M/J PHYSICAL FITNESS - Term 1 C+

08-M/J MATH 2 ADV - Term 3 C[/hide]

I'd still need glasses. RuneScape doesn't cause nearsightedness, right? Right?!?

I like to think that I actually learned a few things while playing Runescape, you'd be surprised how much random [cabbage] comes up in my history class. ::'

But in all seriousness, i've played Runescape for 6 years now, obviously not that much. It's just something that let's you escape from life when your mom is being a *#&^# and is going through menopause.

"To all you youngsters reading this, if you are under 25 STOP PLAYING THIS GAME RIGHT NOW. Life is to short and you are only that young once. Trust me when i say this, take advantage of the girls now. Once they are 25+ and have been around a few times they arnt dumb anymore, the fun is all over."

--BAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Hell, I know exactly where I'd be.

I'd have a life, probably be in alot better shape, maybe have a girl, have more then only 3 REAL friends and probably not need glasses.

RS basically killed me and yet I'm still playing :[

No offense but I played RS probably just as much as you and I still maintain a job, sports teams, friends and a girl. It's not hard to maintain time, just gotta be organized and not be a lazy SOB. All the people here complaining about it "ruining" your life should just shut up and do something.

Thats why there is a "X" button on the top right of your browser. Click it, take a break, enjoy THE OUTSIDE WORLD and see if you really want to waste your time on this game. Hey, if you can play this game and still maintain a great social life then your not wasting your time on here.

tax-miley-cyrus_186x200.jpg

RSN: Zammyftw ^^The girl that ruined music.

Hell, I know exactly where I'd be.

I'd have a life, probably be in alot better shape, maybe have a girl, have more then only 3 REAL friends and probably not need glasses.

RS basically killed me and yet I'm still playing :[

No offense but I played RS probably just as much as you and I still maintain a job, sports teams, friends and a girl. It's not hard to maintain time, just gotta be organized and not be a lazy SOB. All the people here complaining about it "ruining" your life should just shut up and do something.

Thats why there is a "X" button on the top right of your browser. Click it, take a break, enjoy THE OUTSIDE WORLD and see if you really want to waste your time on this game. Hey, if you can play this game and still maintain a great social life then your not wasting your time on here.

NO. NEVER. THATS UNTHINKABLE MAN!!!! you are talking to "das uber geeks", what did you expect+my "X" button is in the top LEFT corner XD

I'll be honest, since I've quit RuneScape, my social life has gone up, but my grades have gone down the toilet, I've gotten a hell of a lot more detentions than I expected. I have a lot of fun. but it comes at a cost. I guess when you're playing RuneScape, you don't go out as much, so you can have time to do homework.

Although my school life is the way it is, man quitting RuneScape feels good for the first couple months or so if you can manage to find something to "fill the void", but like 3-4 months later, it's like taking up your thoughts. I couldn't help myself, and now I bought another month of membership just to fill this 4.5 day weekend when I'm not with my friends, and for other times when I'm just so freaking bored. I quit for Guitar Hero, and now that's getting boring, so that's why I'm back.

Jmclark911.png

Jmclark911.png

I'd probably would be buying a new console game once a month to satisfy my gaming needs. Maybe I would be involved in other activities, who knows, but I would definitely still play some Video Game. Needless to say, School comes first. (Maybe I would be in slightly better shape :lol: ) - I should try to exercise as much as I play RS (If I did I'd be BUFF! LOLZ JK, I'M TYPICALLY on like 4-6 hours/ week, sometimes a bit more, depending on how dull my week is :roll: )

- EDR

i totally agree with the new console game thing

i have a strong desire to beat games as soon as i get them

making console games a bit of a pain

because once i beat them i don't want to play them anymore

but because runescape has new content added often and there's almost always something i can improve on it it pretty much provides a consistent time killer

i've been replaying ffxii lately.....

that gets old

come on 13!!!!

...wait i need a ps3 -.-

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

Runescape has done a lot of good in our family. It has brought together family members that otherwise didn't have much in common.

I have one friend who lost 30lbs because she was finally happy in her life. The friends and fun she had on Runescape replaced the bad eating habits. She changed her diet to healthy food - so sitting at the computer isn't a big deal. Snacking on carrots is much better than chips. And boy does it show!

If it weren't for Runescape, my sister and I would never have reconnected with each other. We're much happier as a family. We even make 'Quest Nights' at each other's houses. Our kids play with us and it's just a lot of fun. Of course dad rolls his eyes at us but that's ok. lol

I have to admit, sometimes I'm a bit lazy with chores cause I wanna play - so I've dicaplined myself to do chores and assignments first - then Rune. It's a game - not my life. But heck with gas prices and such - I can't afford to go out. So staying in for 5$ a month is So worth it.

My kids have learnt how to manage money and work hard for things they want. I don't feel that any game play is bad as long as one takes care of themselves. Eat healthy, take breaks, sit and type properly - moderate game play with the friends in your reality world and life should be fine. \'

Oh and when it's super nice out like today - I'm outside online. It's really nice. Just have to watch position of screen with the sun because of glare.

Akashasmommy.png

akashasmommy.png

Elizabeth: There will come a time when you have a chance to do the right thing.

Jack: I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by.

Do or do not - there is no try. "Yoda"