What keeps you coming back?

dsavi

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cough* "ever caught them" cough*

Ergh, get over it.

I honestly didn't find that thread even remotely funny. It's not because I'm trying to be "mature" by not finding sexual jokes funny, it just.. wasn't funny.

I agree, very few things in that thread really made me laugh. Much of it though was a shame to see..

Ergh, get over it.

I honestly didn't find that thread even remotely funny. It's not because I'm trying to be "mature" by not finding sexual jokes funny, it just.. wasn't funny.

I agree, very few things in that thread really made me laugh. Much of it though was a shame to see..

Ergh, get over it.

It was a joke. A lot of the posts were too disturbing, but a lot of them were pretty funny.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

It was a joke. A lot of the posts were too disturbing, but a lot of them were pretty funny.

Just to make sure you didn't get the wrong idea, I wasn't trying to attack you. I'm fine with people having different opinions to me in terms of what is funny and what isn't. I'm just getting annoyed with all the people constantly whinging about it being taken off the board, as opposed to being annoyed at you specifically.

Cool.

Good question for a topic, and man have I been lingering around here and this forum's predecessor way too long

But as other's have said, there are two reasons we stick around. Firstly, this is a truly great forum. Large enough to get some real diverse ideas and fresh blood, yet small enough that you learn to recognize people and the views they represent. This sounds sarcastic, but in all honesty it's great having cynics, commies, hippies, skaters, and Christians all in one place. Great age range to, as young as 10 and as old as the late 20s. People from Europe, Canada, Australia, and America. In other forums there isn't as much diversity because forums are usually made for people with a common interest in something (like a BMW forum or one for goths). On this forum our only common thread is a game that appealed to a huge spectrum of people, and most of us don't even play that game anymore. Like I said, small enough to have friends, large enough to get hear every viewpoint out there. Perfect.

The other reason we stick around is just because we get so much history here it feels awkward to leave. We feel always welcome here, and we can't find any other place on the internet quite like it ::'

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

I like my postcount at least a little bit.

It's rare to see someone admit that. It's funny how so many people tell us that they don't even care about their post count, yet I'm willing to bet anything that it is one of the main motivators for posting.

By the way, I'm guilty of this too.

*Cough*

What are you listening to?

On the subject of post counts, you guys might find this interesting: memberlist.php?sk=d&sd=d&mode=

Recognise any names? Yep.. The 'core' of tip.it users are mainly off-topic posters, past or present, retired or active. I thought it wouldn't be that way, just found out after reading this topic and checking it out of curiosity.

Funny that 0.003% of the userbase, or 50 people in other words, have made roughly 10% of the total posts on tip.it. :lol:

Knowing how barren and worthless all your lives would be without me around.

That's why we all love you. Because you don't love us.

Now, really, the community is something that has kept me here. You get to learn about different views on life, politics, religion, etc, you get to interact with lots of people from many different places, there's always something interesting to read or discuss because there's so much variety. Here's where I both learnt about great things like Fullmetal Alchemist and Trans-Siberian Orchestra but here's where I formed and built most of my political views.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

I like my postcount at least a little bit.

It's rare to see someone admit that. It's funny how so many people tell us that they don't even care about their post count, yet I'm willing to bet anything that it is one of the main motivators for posting.

By the way, I'm guilty of this too.

*Cough*

What are you listening to?

On the subject of post counts, you guys might find this interesting: memberlist.php?sk=d&sd=d&mode=

Recognise any names? Yep.. The 'core' of tip.it users are mainly off-topic posters, past or present, retired or active. I thought it wouldn't be that way, just found out after reading this topic and checking it out of curiosity.

Funny that 0.003% of the userbase, or 50 people in other words, have made roughly 10% of the total posts on tip.it. :lol:

Wow, I guess I've never looked at that. Pretty cool I suppose, especially the part about 50 people making up 10% of TIF posts.

A few years ago I would've said the community. Back then I would keep a fairly good track of the other forums even if I didn't play RS, just because I thought the idea of people sharing their thoughts and ideas in this multitude to be very exciting and cool. Now it just feels very rehashed and redundant, since not much new is ever being said or posted. And back then I really did like most of the people who posted here, or at least thought them interesting. Now I could probably narrow it down to 10 people whom I find interesting, and maybe 5 whom I genuinely like.

I think this is the main problem with forums that are free. A lot of people just don't have any incentive to try to come up with anything new. They just want their threads to be the most popular ones (why people here for example burst with pride at having x-amount of people CLICK their thread is completely beyond me), they could care less for the overall value of the thread in question. Not saying everybody is like this, but I'd wager most are.

It's not all bad though. This place kindled my interest in learning about things, religion, politics, history, science. The only difference now is that I tend to go to other forums/places to learn and read about this stuff. I certainly do check these threads every once in a while here, because I do like my occasional dosage of heated debate - and in that area this place has a real knack for delivering in - and there are a few very intelligent and knowledgeable people here whose posts I generally like, but it definitely isn't my primary source.

And when I first got here I could seriously hardly form a sentence in English, at least not not one that was correctly spelled and had proper grammar. This place has been brilliant to me in that department.

Nowadays, and probably for the last 3 years, the reason I've continued going here is definitely for the familiarity, since I recognise most people who post here (in OT that is) and it's nice to know that some people perhaps recognise me as well. The second reason is probably because it's developed into a habit coming on here. I would feel a bit weird not visiting the forums for an extended period of time, since I've done it more or less daily for the past 7 years.

Christ, I started browsing here when I was 13 years old... and I turn 20 in less than a month. It's funny though because regardless of all of this, I can't see myself ever stop going here. I'd have to be either banned (which isn't very unlikely), or have my Internet connection somehow taken away from me. Well played, Tip.It, well played.

2009rb9.jpg

Hmm, I was #17 last I checked, wonder when I hit #14...

Tripsis, you're next :twisted: .

Here's where I both learnt about great things like Fullmetal Alchemist .

:thumbup:

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I keep coming back to Tip.It, as I like being part of such a great community and reading the interesting topics. RuneScape first drove me to come to Tip.It, and now that it is out of my life, Off Topic has kept me here.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Is Nov. 2005 old? I've been around with Tip foreverrrrr, but one day I was like "god dang it, this lvl 1 clue doesn't make any sense!" And my older bro goes "you idiot Rune.Tip.It that RS fansite (thats what we used to call it #-o ) has a forum, go check it out, moron." so I did, and got flamed for about 95% of my posts, because I thought it was cool not to use correct grammar. Anyways, even though my opinions differ from about everyone here making people hate me, ( :( ) I just love coming back, and see what new people write. If I agree with something, or even if I used to disagree, but then, I learn something new and am like "Whoa, I did learn something from the internet!" But yea, we have really great debates, and really great people here.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I knew about Tip.it since I started using the site in 2005 when my friend, Deathskully as he is known as here, told me about it. I also knew about the forums, but I didn't join because I was two years under the minimum age limit of 13. One year later though, I couldn't resist and just joined. I posted mostly in RS bugs and suggestions, (I never have liked General discussion) then one day I discovered Off-Topic hiding there at the bottom of the page. I remember the first time I browsed, I had like 150-200 posts and the topics where something about the middle east from what I remember.

Anyway, I started posting there on and off for a few months, and when I went to California on vacation in July 2007, I started to browse more seriously when I had nothing to do at my grandma's house lol. Then I started in a new school in a new language, so I didn't have much time to browse. Around late 2007 I discovered the magic of The Gallery and tried a few n00b sigs with GIMP, utterly failed but I wasn't aware of it at all. Later when I knew graphics better, it inspired me to buy Photoshop. Now I use the school computer lab and my own computer to nolife here, and I would be quite lost without Tip.it. I suppose I've become quite attached to the Gallery especially, and OT has been going what I percieve to be the wrong way for a while so I don't post here as much as I used to.

I suspect I'll be here for a long time still.

C2b6gs7.png

I am being held at gun point. If I sign off my computer or leave TIF... it will be bad.

Nah. I don't know why. Honestly. I think it's because I am attached or fond of Tip.It. It's something to do and I feel there are a few gem topics every now and then. Most I couldn't share my exact thought on the subject, irl, without repercussions. I like the sense of anonymity, but I also like discussing and building a status among a community.

Summarized: I like being able to speak my mind about a subject that I normally couldn't say in the real world while building status (figuratively) in a community.

Foogey.png

I <3 Gears of War 2.

Add me on Xbox Live and mention you are from Tif :D

It's my homepage, and I cbf changing it. Plus, you guys need your daily dose of awesomeness, and I'm the only one around here qualified to admit it.

Oh, Dr. Langzor. That reminds me. I meant to speak with you about the growth on my back. Could we meet when you get the chance?

Foogey.png

I <3 Gears of War 2.

It's my homepage, and I cbf changing it. Plus, you guys need your daily dose of awesomeness, and I'm the only one around here qualified to admit it.

Oh, Dr. Langzor. That reminds me. I meant to speak with you about the growth on my back. Could we meet when you get the chance?

My earlier prescription of awesome didn't work? D: We need the strength of the dose increased by muchfold. Where's Rush and Lenin?

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

My earlier prescription of awesome didn't work? D: We need the strength of the dose increased by muchfold. Where's Rush and Lenin?

It ate them. :(

Foogey.png

I <3 Gears of War 2.

Would moar cowbell suffice,good doctor?

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Honestly? Boredom at work.

I've sort of left these forums a few times before because of a clash of philosophy and ethics, but I've always found my way back again. During quiet periods at my work. Yeah.

But why come back to Tip.It specifically? Well, first of all, I'm one of the few off-topic'ers who still plays RS, so I use this forum to remain up to date with the game. Apart from that, off-topic gives me a good forum to write English, a skill that needs maintenance, and give my opinions at the same time. And there are a few people here I really do like and to whose posts I always look forward. This is going to make me sound like a total grandma, but I also loved seeing some of you grow from angsty teens into fine people.

Usually, however, I am mightily annoyed by what I read. But that's good too, keeps my sense of justice and my fighting spirit alive.

Im a no lifer, and I'd rather have a mature conversation with you lot, who are most likely older than me, rather than talk to a dimwit my age who only thinks of boobies.

+1

Pretty much sums it up for me.

Is Nov. 2005 old? I've been around with Tip foreverrrrr, but one day I was like "god dang it, this lvl 1 clue doesn't make any sense!" And my older bro goes "you idiot Rune.Tip.It that RS fansite (thats what we used to call it #-o ) has a forum, go check it out, moron." so I did, and got flamed for about 95% of my posts, because I thought it was cool not to use correct grammar. Anyways, even though my opinions differ from about everyone here making people hate me, ( :( ) I just love coming back, and see what new people write. If I agree with something, or even if I used to disagree, but then, I learn something new and am like "Whoa, I did learn something from the internet!" But yea, we have really great debates, and really great people here.

I was picking strawberries with Melody(I have absolutely NO idea how I managed to get there), and I was asking her how to do Earnest The Chicken(Oh come on, I was 10 years old). And she pointed me out to Tip.It. A few months later, I joined the forum. I would type [liek dis lol u r kewl but i m kewlr lol thx k]. I then joined the Tip.It IRC chat where I am now online 24/7.

Memories pl0x.

Melody no longer plays RuneScape =( I am the last original 'Scaper in my school.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

It's an interesting place to lurk, there a great deal of differing personalities, runescape is a game played by people froma ll over the world, with different backgrounds cultures and ideals, so i enjoy watching it all come together. Been here three years perhaps, was mainly active back in the days of the media market and early gallery. There are a bunch of awesome people, and a lot shat share my interest in computers and graphics, which i don't really get at school, so it's all cool. :D

Splatter-RM-stroke.png

"A disbelief in magic can force some poor souls into believing in authority and business"