11 November 2008 - Stealing Creation

Bouwzie

actually is it me or does it show only 40 ranged req , and no def ?

Yep, as I said above, Pures can use the Mage and Range gear, just not the Melee, however, I *think* you'll need Dragon Slayer for the Leather body (I *think*).

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After playing a few games, I realized that I really like this game. I believe it has very good potential.

I'll agree that the rewards blow... (I want to find out how much bonus exp you get from the "morph" rewards.

How I think the game can be made better:

-More resources - I think it would be cool to have a farming resource (I was even think of having Slayer involved; killing monsters for clay)

-Get rid of the fog banks... I hate running into them, and it lame how easy people can get away with them

-More resource places, I personally think there could be more... I hate looking for level 5's and not finding any...

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

First of all, I like the game a lot...very fun. Its really a shame though that it doesn't last longer...but I know 20 mins is pretty standard for RS mini games. The armor is disappointing...kinda. There may be a few usefull things you can do with it. It IS pretty lightweight...especially if you wanted to carry robes, rune, and dhide. Could be fun to barrow in or something. Also sometimes the random generation is extremely unfair...I played one game where the opposing team had the level 5 spot right outside their base. Also, sometimes a creation machine gets put stupidly far away from the bases, making it hard for anyone that just wants to play as a craftsman.

Looking forward to when I get to play again so I can test the tools.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

First of all, I like the game a lot...very fun. Its really a shame though that it doesn't last longer...but I know 20 mins is pretty standard for RS mini games. The armor is disappointing...kinda. There may be a few usefull things you can do with it. It IS pretty lightweight...especially if you wanted to carry robes, rune, and dhide. Could be fun to barrow in or something. Also sometimes the random generation is extremely unfair...I played one game where the opposing team had the level 5 spot right outside their base. Also, sometimes a creation machine gets put stupidly far away from the bases, making it hard for anyone that just wants to play as a craftsman.

Looking forward to when I get to play again so I can test the tools.

Agreed

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

According to a friend who has the morphing tool, the axe and pick are roughly the same as bronze tools. EPIC FAIL!

Oh so true.

JagexFails.png

This is EPIC FAIL

pendulumsig.png

138 Combat as of Summer 2010 - Retired Summer 2010

When you click "operate" on any piece of your armor, it "operates" all pieces, meaning you cant just change the platebody to a robe top; if you are wearing the whole set, itll all become a different class.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

berewardspl0xnj0.jpg

They need to make these have no defence requirement.

Just because you choose to go against the grain doesn't mean they have to cater to you.

I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Yep, as I said above, Pures can use the Mage and Range gear, just not the Melee, however, I *think* you'll need Dragon Slayer for the Leather body (I *think*).

No, if you look in the ingame menu's it will say you need 40 defence to wear them.

Zerker_jane.png

It actually looks pretty fun from Den's video. The rewards aren't worth it except maybe the tools unless they add more rewards. A skilling minigame sounds really exciting, but I doubt it could even compare to cwars since more people like to train their combat skils rather than their skills. It'll probably die out in a month or two unless Jagex adds better rewards for playing a 20 min round.

99 Fletch~~99 WC~~79/81 Fishing

87/94 Magic~~84 Range

Etha! Saradomin Forever~CW

CB: 107 Total: 1788+

ON BREAK

Well I was playing this awesome new minigame then disconnected so I thought, oh well, i'll just try again. But oh no, I cannot enter the game for another 5 minutes because I *deserted* my team when I got kicked out and it wasn't my fault.

Good job jagex, punish the people that get disconnected :roll:

Why not make it like castle wars whereby if you get disconnected but connect immediately, you STAY IN THE GAME.

And before people rant and rave at me saying it's my computer, no, it's not actually, we've been trying to figure out the problem for 6 MONTHS and have finally found out after more than 30 possible problems solved, that it's our internet provider - who keep blaming our fone provider... and i'm actually having to quit RS because of it after all this time putting up with it.

The least jagex could do is keep you in the minigame if you disconnect for a second :evil: for me, it's too little, too late.

2vuhgcn.png

The rewards are kind of lame, except maybe for the tools, depending on XP gains. I was eager to find a use for relatively high mining in P2P, and I'm really disappointed.

And the staff has a higher strength bonus than a scimitar - I think it might actually be better than a regular scimitar on rune platebodies when used as a crush weapon...

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

ownedha1.png

w487.png

very easy to get all the rewards in 3 games

Very true

I've gotten 104k points in one game

So really we should all do this Minigame and get the equipment before Jagex nerf the pointing system?

After around 5-6 games my notes are the following...

* Rewards are relatively horrible. The robes could be useful for pures, but apart from that... just no. The tools could be interesting, except the pickaxe looks far too slow to be efficent and butterfly nets are not really the best training method, not even if the xp was multiplied with 5. I don't know why did Jagex even need to add those things to the rewards:

It's hard for me to find a use to an average person.

* Minigame for skillers? Yea, right. What I've seen, it's the combat that attracts people there and what decides the ending result. Today we tested this with few clan mates (130+ cmb) and the results were quite astonishing: during the last 10 minutes we pretty much managed to trap the enemy to their lair: every step out meant a death. It's quite hard to skill when you can't even get to the skilling spots. This same phenomena happend (in a bit smaller scale though) when I got to the same team with few a bit higher leveled players.

* If skilling there gave even a small amount of xp, it could be more of a "minigame for skillers".

In the nutshell: this is just another combat related minigame where having skills is an advantage, not an exact mandatory. The rewards aren't really something at least I would go for. In the current form the minigame was quite a disappointment but with small modifications it could easily become playable. Here's few suggestions I could think of this late:

* Turn the skill rewards from specific items into something (piece of clay, jewelry, gem, etc) that boosts the whole skill: instead of just a butterfly net the hunt item would boost everything you do with that skill, instead of a steroid pumped bronze pickaxe you'd get the bonuses even with a rune one, etc...

* Reduce the combat stats to meet the average combat levels: this way 130+ people wouldn't have as great advantages as they do now and the rounds could actually end to the team that has more non-combat skills than to the team that has more brutal power.

* Give us a bit of xp while playing this minigame. I find it funny how I need relatively high level to do something and I need the real tool but I don't any xp for it. It shouldn't be the main way to skill (aka there should be faster ways) but with an ok xp reward it could actually interest skillers more than killers.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

berewardspl0xnj0.jpg

Just because you choose to go against the grain doesn't mean they have to cater to you.

No, if you look in the ingame menu's it will say you need 40 defence to wear them.

No, I think I do. You want pures to be able to wield them, thus going against the grain. If you want benefits outside of PK'ing, defence it practically an necessity.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

personaly, i don't really like the game. (cause i always get the losing team. :roll: ) but i see it having good potentials.

hope tip.it has an event there! :)

timmyx50sig1.png

Thx AquaMare for the amazing sig!

[hide=Clicky!]Points2Shop

it's ligit, ive used it. hey, its a great way to kill time. :)[/hide]

[hide=drops and stuff.]Bandos drops: 2X Shard 3, 5X Bandos Plate, X1 Bandos Tasset

PROUD owner of the fire cape since October 9th, 2008

6X Black Mask Drops[/hide]

Just because some people ignore some skills doesn't mean everything should be the way those people want it to be.

If you don't like the fact pures (and, presumably, you) without the required defence level can't weild those items, there's a simple answer.

Back on topic ; I enjoyed the game for the first few rounds but eventually if you have a good enough combat level it's too easy to overpower the other team and camp outside their base. However collecting clay and making items ends up in more points, so with a couple of changes, it could be great.

Duckie_Wins.png

Has anybody else noticed that this minigame ties into the epic quest (presumably). If you talk to the Head Mystic, he tells you that they were lead to the clay by the Revanents, the ones they worship (they are obviously Wilderness Nomads). They're using the clay to create new bodies for the revanents to use. He also notes how the Revanents were servants of the Gods. Revanents fought in the God Wars, suggesting to me at least that ...

A Second God Wars is about to erupt!!!!

The minigame is rather fun, at least I think so. I'm not very good at it, but I still enjoy it and want to get the rewards(even if I won't use them much). The fact that you can instantely change combat styles is a cool concept, and I can imaging a new type of p2p pure emerging from the primordial ooze...The sacred clay pure! Obviously I mean a player with 40 def and high range, mage, and melee skills that switches combat styles and weapons on the fly, it could be quite effective(testing is need obviously). Anyway. The game is fun, and you get free stuff that looks cool and isn't dreadful. Not bad jagex. :)

deathfish64.png

The quest points in the stat pic above this message is wrong, disregard it.

Rejoice.jpg

Yeah, everyone loves me!