11 November 2008 - Stealing Creation

Bouwzie

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The minigame is fun if you have a good Thieve. I like stealing peoples resource and using them in front of them :twisted:

Best if I get a mager steal his runes and he can't cast anymore (I got 2k of rune one time) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

Yeah, but then once it's back in its basic form can you use it for a different skill, or must you go get a new one?

You can spend a charge to change it into a useful form again. And the morphic tool starts out with 10 charges. 10x100x30.5 bonus smithing xp is pretty decent for something so easy to get.

Found a funny glitch with the new weps.Tell me if you can figure it out.

081112023325pr8.png

You should totally do the grandmaster quest that way! People would accuse you of hacking the system lol.

Dang it! It's already been fixed (I think)

Edit: Nvm figured it out.

lalalasig2.png

Hm, when I transformed my second helmet into a mage hat, it turned into a mage bottom instead of a hat. It can't have been a mistake, since I only had 48,000 points. Strange :|

Edit: I tried to transform my original hat. I now have 3 pairs of legs and no helmets. Again, :|

The needle doesnt work at all :(
Reportedly the neelde only works when you use a different needle and have the new needle in your inventory :|

Not true. It just doesn't work at all. I tried holding a different needle and no sucess.

PS: The tools don't stack in any form. Meaning people cant just save up 1000 hammers and shatter the current exp records. Though, I'm sure it wont deter some people, especially seeing as you dont need any items to play the game, so you can just clear your whole bank for 500 tools. Oh, and you can only buy a ONE tool after playing a game. Not sure if you have to win because I havent lost since I started buying tools. You can play a couple times in a row and then buy a couple tools, but if you log out it won't let you buy any tools. So don't start saving up 20 million points to supply your tool needs for a life time, cause youve gotta buy them after the game. These two factors combined, I think compensate for some of the ridiculous exp rates.

(But...this also means theres no real point in getting over 20k points per game if all you want is tools...)

what's worse is that you if you log out you really "loose" your points you collected: meaning I'm now stuck with 200k points >.>..

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Ok, wtf is up with this? Is it a glitch? Look at the pic:

[hide=Big]screenshot4zr7.png[/hide]

I'm a little pissed that they took two of my spots that I always get, but at the same time wondering how they got four million clay... MUST be a glitch.

Oh, and at pulli23, no, that is not deterring me. I still have 12 proto tools and am going for more.

Ok, wtf is up with this? Is it a glitch? Look at the pic:

[hide=Big]screenshot4zr7.png[/hide]

I'm a little pissed that they took two of my spots that I always get, but at the same time wondering how they got four million clay... MUST be a glitch.

Oh, and at pulli23, no, that is not deterring me. I still have 12 proto tools and am going for more.

That has to be fake, there is just no way its possible to get 4.7m points in one game.

Compared to that, my highest score isnt very big. :P

Nice_Score44849.png

Oh and I entered a game when i was over the fence (climbing over)

I ended up inside this swarm.

If i tried to move, it said "You cant reach that."

Had to log in and out. :lol:

When i logged in, I was inside our teams base. :?

Bug52299.png

Fun game, but it feels... hollow. The reason, I think, is that the rewards, quite frankly, are abysmal. And not like the whip. The armors are the equivalent of the F2P tops and Mystics. The tools appear to be glitchy and the pick axe appears to mine at the rate of the lowest level. Even if the hatchet cuts at the rate of a rune axe, we already have dragon, though it is an expensive alternative.

Aside from this, without getting any experience for gathering and crafting, it truly feels like I'm wasting my time. And because of this, I find it hard to fathom why Jagex would give combat experience. Heck, they called this a game for skillers AND killers, but in many games it's the fighters who truly dominate.

The third problem is that Jagex seems a little out of touch with their player base. They seem to forget that the majority of players with high combat levels also have high skill totals. So, instead of the symbiotic relationship they imagined, we have self sufficient fighters capable of doing everything and skillers who make easy targets while their services prove unnecessary.

I predict that Jagex is going to tweak this game in the next couple of weeks with bug fixes, better rewards, some experience for skilling, and more regularity of resources, i.e. there is always going to be at least one of every resource on the map.

P.S. What happened to shields? They'd bring benefit to mages and melee'ers. Plus, they could add crossbows along with it, allowing a bit more flexibility for rangers.

I agree with the first part of your post they defintaly need to give us some better rewards and to make the proto at least equal to the rune pick ax when its used as a pick ax. I also agree that both skill and fighting should get xp while they play the game. I cant disagree with you more though about the third thing you said if your a low lvl but high skills and you have half a brain you'd know the most important thing beside getting some armour and food would be to always carry barriers with you and they would be fine.

I've decided that this is probably my favorite minigame ever. It's so much fun! And the rewards aren't bad if you treat them as Decorational Armour and not as Armour that will completely redefine the combat styles. The armour looks great, especially the Platebody. <3:

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Fun minigame, one of my top favorites. Going in and theiving runes from mages and arrows from rangers is super fun. Needs better rewards, and less point gains though.

rangers aren't that "vulnarable" for thieves: you can't thief the ammo they equip.. However with mages on the other hand: so much fun+very good if you thief + bank!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I played a few rounds and got enough points for a full set of the armor and a morphic tool. It's fun, but the lack of xp for skillers kills it for me. If it's supposed to be a game for skillers and killers, BOTH groups should get xp, not just the killers. I probably won't go back, except maybe to recharge the tool. :?

frigginacky.png

I played a few rounds and got enough points for a full set of the armor and a morphic tool. It's fun, but the lack of xp for skillers kills it for me. If it's supposed to be a game for skillers and killers, BOTH groups should get xp, not just the killers. I probably won't go back, except maybe to recharge the tool. :?

Yes, I feel that is the main thing that this minigame is lacking, experience. This honestly seems like it could be a GREAT new way to train skills up that can be tedious and boring. They just need to adjust the experience accordingly.

For Example,

Say at level 80 fishing you could get 50k fishing exp per hour (I have no clue, I don't measure my exp per hour, it's just a number). Since games are 20 minutes each, you could fit in just under 3 games an hour with the waiting period. Make the game so that you could only get 30k exp an hour (it doesn't need to be ultra fast exp). That comes out to a possible 10k fishing exp per game if your using a level 5 pool.

I'm not sure how much clay can be gathered and all that stuff, but with some time and numbers, it's all easily calculable. If you could get a max of approximated 1k lvl 5 clay in a game, then each piece of clay should award you 10 fishing exp from a level 5 pool.

Lower pools of course give lower exp (say 2xp per lvl 1, 4 exp per lvl 2, 6 exp per lvl 3, etc)

It wouldn't be overpowering as it would still be slower exp, but it would be an alternative way to train a bit and really keep the game alive. You would almost never get your theoretical max (of say 1k clay) because you have to both find a level 5 pool, AND deal with the occasional PKers.

Either that or make it possible to use points for experience awards toward skills used in the game. But I think the other way would be more interesting.

sig1178ko.jpg

Sykoknight - 1900 skill total - 132+ combat

Fighting High Scores from late 2001 - Ranked 1894

Prayer High Scores from March 2002 - Ranked 749

Ya, I've been around too long.

I don't undestand why the armour in-game can't be as apart of the rewards.

your joking right ?

lol have you seen the insane accuracy on those things

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

I don't undestand why the armour in-game can't be as apart of the rewards.

your joking right ?

lol have you seen the insane accuracy on those things

I say make an upgrade version of the morph armour that costs 1m points for each piece.

THEN I would love for it to be released outside of the game.

Of course, it wouldnt be allowed in pvp worlds because "A magical force sends the sacred clay to your bank." :lol:

Also got my last pieces:

170672.png

286955.png

I love the mini-game. I would like better rewards.. but I love the mini-game. I am curious, and it pains me to scan through all the pages with dial up, so if someone could answer the following questions, it would be great.

1) What skill is used in the creation of tools? I had believed crafting.

2) What skill is used in the creation of magic robes/staffs? I also figured it might be crafting.

3) What is the smithing bonus on the volatile and morphic hammers?

Thanks in advance. ::'

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png