Father named child Adolf Hitler, and asks for tolerance

Bloodredsword

EDIT: New link: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20081217/twl ... d0ae9.html

Picture of the cake in it for those interested(No swastika on it :P)

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_11247940? ... rynews.com

wtf? Ok, I can see where he's coming from with the whole "Don't look back to the past, this is the future." But imo it's still WAY to recent for someone to name their child that...and what the hell about the child? He's going to get raped when he get's older with that kind of name.

And they asked for a swastika on the effing cake?! No.

For those of you who are to paranoid about links :P

Dad who named son Adolf Hitler pleads for tolerance

Associated Press

Article Launched: 12/16/2008 06:40:41 PM PST

EASTON, Pa. (AP) The father of 3-year-old Adolf Hitler Campbell, denied a birthday cake with the child's full name on it by one New Jersey supermarket, is asking for a little tolerance.

Heath Campbell and his wife, Deborah, are upset not only with the decision made by the Greenwich ShopRite, but also with an outpouring of angry Internet postings in response to a local newspaper article over the weekend on their flare-up over frosting.

"I think people need to take their heads out of the cloud they've been in and start focusing on the future and not on the past," Heath Campbell said Tuesday in an interview conducted in Easton, on the other side of the Delaware River from where the family lives in Hunterdon County, N.J.

"There's a new president and he says it's time for a change; well, then it's time for a change," the 35-year-old said. "They need to accept a name. A name's a name. The kid isn't going to grow up and do what (Hitler) did."

Deborah Campbell, 25, said she phoned in her order last week to the ShopRite. When she told the bakery department she wanted her son's name spelled out, she was told to talk to a supervisor, who denied the request.

Karen Meleta, a spokeswoman for ShopRite, said the Campbells had similar requests denied at the same store the past two years and said Heath Campbell previously had asked for a swastika to be included in the decoration.

"We reserve the right not to print anything

Advertisement

Quantcast

on the cake that we deem to be inappropriate," Meleta said. "We considered this inappropriate."

The Campbells ultimately got their cake decorated at a Wal-Mart in Pennsylvania, Deborah Campbell said. About 12 people attended the birthday party Sunday, including several children who were of mixed race, according to Heath Campbell.

"If we're so racist, then why would I have them come into my home?" he asked.

The Campbells' other two children also have unusual names: JoyceLynn A ry an Nation Campbell turns 2 in a few months and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell will be 1 in April.

Heath Campbell said he named his son after Adolf Hitler because he liked the name and because "no one else in the world would have that name." He sounded surprised by all the controversy the dispute had generated.

Campbell said his ancestors are German and that he has lived his entire life in Hunterdon County. Tuesday, he wore a pair of black boots he said were worn by a German soldier during World War II.

He said he was raised not to avoid people of other races but not to mix with them socially or romantically. But he said he would try to raise his children differently.

"Say he grows up and hangs out with black people. That's fine, I don't really care," he said. "That's his choice."

Silly people >_<

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet those parent tell the child of all the great things Hitler did as well, and that you shuold be proud to be named after one of the worlds greatest heroes.

Hitler was a good leader. He just took his prejudiced views a little too far and got a bad rep for that along with WWII.

Lets not offend any Jewish people in this topic. (if the OP could put that also in their post it would be wonderful)

I am nor Jewish nor offended though.

What? How is this at any way offensive to Jewish people?

But, on topic, the family does this on purpose. It's not like their last name is Hitler and they wanted to name their kid Adolf, they purposely threw in "Adolf Hitler". There really should be laws against this sort of thing.

Lets not offend any Jewish people in this topic. (if the OP could put that also in their post it would be wonderful)

I am nor Jewish nor offended though.

What? How is this at any way offensive to Jewish people?

But, on topic, the family does this on purpose. It's not like their last name is Hitler and they wanted to name their kid Adolf, they purposely threw in "Adolf Hitler". There really should be laws against this sort of thing.

Well I mean lets not get off-topic and offend any Jews.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

"JoyceLynn [Caution] Nation Campbell"

What kind of name is THAT?

Apparently the world "A ry an" Is censored here...because it's a scam site....apparently :P

But yeah....you could look at the other two kid's names and realize there was something wrong here.

Shamuuu.png

Parents be stupid tbh.

"Say he grows up and hangs out with black people. That's fine, I don't really care," he said. "That's his choice."

He sees it as inappropriate, but accepts it. That is still racism.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

I assume he'll be called Adolf for short. What a horrible name, Adolf.

By the way, parents won, the press lost, and now we're losing. Damn.

I'd call him Hitler... then toss him off a cliff, and be like, "I killed Hitler!".

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

Adolf Hitler's descendants agreed to have their last name changed when they moved to the U.S.

This guy wants to change his son's name TO Hitler? He must know he's going to be made fun of his entire life, and if he's not representing what Hitler did, then why the swastika? This guy is a [wagon], and I feel bad for the kids.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

That child is going to have a life of misery with that name. I feel sorry for him actually.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Adolf Hitler's descendants agreed to have their last name changed when they moved to the U.S.

This guy wants to change his son's name TO Hitler? He must know he's going to be made fun of his entire life, and if he's not representing what Hitler did, then why the swastika? This guy is a [wagon], and I feel bad for the kids.

Maybe he wanted the symbols of Buddhism, but got them backwards?

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

Maybe he wanted the symbols of Buddhism, but got them backwards?

....what?

Do you mean the Peace Swastika?(Yes there is such a thing)

That isn't really a symbol ob Buddhism....it's just a symbol of peace in east asia and india.

Shamuuu.png

His parents are the most ignorant sounding people I've heard of in a while, also from the article they do sound like Neo-Nazi skinheads.

Naming his Son Adolf Hitler Campbell is idiotic, that kid will spend the rest of his life being bullied most likely because of that name once 3rd grade history kicks in and people realise what a monster he is named after.

Isn't not mixing or romanticizing with other Racial groups the exact same as avoiding them? If you deliberately don't mix with certain groups isn't that avoiding them?

Anyone notice how "JoyceLynn A ry an Nation Campbell" Sounds like Joy in Aryan nation or Rejoice in Aryan nation?

I feel sorry for those kids.

The child should still receive tolerance. That boy wasn't a dictator of Germany nor killed thousands of Jewish and disabled people and so it isn't his fault.

P.S. I dislike saying "Jews" because it's feels like saying the word "negro".

j0xPu5R.png