Thought Of Trade Limit Taken off at Christmas?

Dire_Wolf

It was just a thing my friend said, and i did not believe it. So i thought we could discuss it and see if having Trade limit off at Christmas is bad or good and in what ways.

How am i six light years away from common sense because of that?

There hasn't been discussion value in removing the trade limit since about January 2008, and that's being generous. All that would do is invite massive drop trading, real world trading, begging, and scamming so 1% of the population can give their friend a whip.

I gave a friend 20k worth of cooked shark and a garden pie so he could finish Fairy Tale. He gave me a keg of matured greenman's ale so I can do While Guthix Sleeps faster (Greenman's Ale (m) is extremely difficult to buy).

There are ways to give gifts without incurring huge charges. Find something practical that isn't an expensive weapon or piece of armor

And you're six light years away from common sense because of how absolutely moot the point is, wondering if Jagex will remove the trade limit ever.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Removing the trade limit, regardless of the day is a giant hell no. It's just not going to happen. Not even for a day.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

It was just a thing my friend said, and i did not believe it. So i thought we could discuss it and see if having Trade limit off at Christmas is bad or good and in what ways.

How am i six light years away from common sense because of that?

There hasn't been discussion value in removing the trade limit since about January 2008, and that's being generous. All that would do is invite massive drop trading, real world trading, begging, and scamming so 1% of the population can give their friend a whip.

I gave a friend 20k worth of cooked shark and a garden pie so he could finish Fairy Tale. He gave me a keg of matured greenman's ale so I can do While Guthix Sleeps faster (Greenman's Ale (m) is extremely difficult to buy).

There are ways to give gifts without incurring huge charges. Find something practical that isn't an expensive weapon or piece of armor

And you're six light years away from common sense because of how absolutely moot the point is, wondering if Jagex will remove the trade limit ever.

I am aware that there is other ways to give presents. But i did not think if they would remove it forever, just 1 day. But after the discussion that has been i have understood it is bad to do so. I will ignore the thing about common sense, as your assuming something i did not say.

I said "for Christmas", and you did not put that little detail into your phrase, so it turns it around like me wondering if they ever will remove it forever...

And i said "The thought of it", i did not ask if it was going to happend or not. As it's clearly it ain't.

I am aware that there is other ways to give presents. But i did not think if they would remove it forever, just 1 day. But after the discussion that has been i have understood it is bad to do so. I will ignore the thing about common sense, as your assuming something i did not say.

I said "for Christmas", and you did not put that little detail into your phrase, so it turns it around like me wondering if they ever will remove it forever...

And i said "The thought of it", i did not ask if it was going to happend or not. As it's clearly it ain't.

I purposely didn't mention "for Christmas". They're not going to remove it ever, and that includes Christmas

The bit about common sense was there is no discussion value in this, whatsoever. If we all know it's never going to happen, never, ever, for the rest of forever, then there's no point speculating about whether they'll do it, is there?

You know you've struck the lair of Captain Obvious when you can get practically every response agreeing with one another.

/thread.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Wasn't the trade limit instated before Xmas of last year? I could be wrong, but if so, if they didn't do it last year I see no reason for them to do it this year. It would be a nice throwback to different/better times, but I see no reason for jagex to do it. They don't want to even recognize a flaw or weakness in their system, and by disabling the trade limit for a day, they would be acknowledging a flaw.

Wasn't the trade limit instated before Xmas of last year? I could be wrong, but if so, if they didn't do it last year I see no reason for them to do it this year. It would be a nice throwback to different/better times, but I see no reason for jagex to do it. They don't want to even recognize a flaw or weakness in their system, and by disabling the trade limit for a day, they would be acknowledging a flaw.

Trade limit came in 2008, january.

There was a trade meter which ilustrated how the trades are now though, but didnt go into works before january.

Gravestones came in december with no more drop trading and wilderness removal. :mrgreen:

Just buy your friends' junk.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

keep dreaming but if id did happen i could transfer my 500+ mil form 6 accs to my main "jenove" and the pt hat acc ihave sice rs classic could transfer all holidays to jen (never should have taken em of and given to him for storeage now with trade limit cant get back) :roll: oh wel jag sucks and wont do something like that :wall:

34sny53.png

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

keep dreaming but if id did happen i could transfer my 500+ mil form 6 accs to my main "jenove" and the pt hat acc ihave sice rs classic could transfer all holidays to jen (never should have taken em of and given to him for storeage now with trade limit cant get back) :roll: oh wel jag sucks and wont do something like that :wall:

Its not the fact that Jagex sucks, its the fact that this would be an incredibly bad idea.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Runescape would crash because of the shear amount of RWTers trying to log on to get rid of the items for real money.

It's a good idea but it would be taken advantage of.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I think taking off the trade limit at christmas would just be a christmas present to RWTers.

I cant believe im saying this, but I couldnt care less if they took the trade limit away.

I like it. :lol:

On a different note, they wont be taking it off. :mrgreen:

Yeah that's true, but you gotta look at other side of the case too. It's not just RWT, there is players who want to give presents to their friends.

But couldn't Jagex somehow try to prevent RWT?

Kind of contradicting yourself there? :wall:

25632.jpg

Magma_Guard3.png

runescapeboomdeyadasigui7.jpg

i can see it happening something like this:

"For today, and today only (christmas 08), you may trade withought trade limits to anyone who has been on your friends list for over 24 hours (starting now)."

therefor no one could RWT, and you cannot add someone and then trade with them 24 hours later because christmas would be over.

of course there would be huge fualts with this, just like every other update they come out with :wall:

if anyone else has a better idea then let me know

Sumondskull6.png

"For today, and today only (christmas 08), you may trade withought trade limits to anyone who has been on your friends list for over 24 hours (starting now)."

therefor no one could RWT, and you cannot add someone and then trade with them 24 hours later because christmas would be over.

of course there would be huge fualts with this, just like every other update they come out with :wall:

Sumondskull6.png

this would work almost perfectly. but rwt could still get involved and i doubt jagex is even going to change it. during the unbalanced trade update, a staff mentioned that they don't support giving items in runescape for a Christmas present. which is probably why they made cards.

Yeh and I saw two albino guys riding unicycles on a freeway in the middle of winter. :roll:

I don't think and don't even hope Jagex will lift the trade limitations, even for such a "honest" holiday as Christmas. If they, for some utopic and unforeseen reason do take it off, then almost certainly RWT will flourish, and we'd be back to where we started a year ago, all miserable with yew trees and every major skilling/training spot full of bald bots. Nice christmas present, eh? =D>

dontfearthereaper2.png

Only reason that was said is because on the polls jagex had a question:

"What update of this year did you least like?"

- I voted the trade limit

But on the results page, that question wasn't even there to be able to see how many votes it got, good game.

Make it so the two people have had to be friends for like 30 days or so. Basically the trading would only be free if they have been your friend for a month, not giving RWT enough time to do anything.

If the gifting day was announced now only a very very very small amount of people could RWT.

OH S***! He/she/it is back!

If jagex took of the trade limit the whole of 2008 would of been wasted trying to get rid of rwt. Rwt companies would realise and in future would auto all through the year and then sell all their gp for cash at christmas. The removal of the wild, bounty hunter, pvp worlds and all of that would all of been for nothing.

10xy5fk.png