Creating new life in old places... But how/where?

NuckingFuts

As we all know from the 2009 BTS...

Then, after all that, well start looking into abandoned and barely used areas/features of the game, and breathing new life into them.

Now although this is pretty much a speculation thread, I just wanted to bring it up for discussion based upon personal interest, and wanting to know what others feel could use a re-vamp in the world of Runescape.

The Runescape world is rather large, with a lot of areas left untouched apart from the few quest routes, or skilling (Even then, something like Hunter only takes up a small portion of the various land - Jungle/Woodland/Snow etc)

We are also left with a lot of towns/settlements unpopulated by many Runescape players, due to there inaccessibility or lack of reason to be there.

A few places I can think of from the top of my head:

Entrana - No real use aside from the odd quest. Not only is this place hard to access, but it doesn't even have a bank.

Tutorial Island - If they were making the new Tutorial in Lumbridge (I'm not so sure what happened here? Did they keep it or move it back?), then this patch of land becomes obsolete.

Meiyerditch - Although this rather large area served as the main part of quests, How often is it used afterwards?

And for whatever places they do decide to revise, what exactly do you think would be changed/added/even removed?

What does everyone else think as abandoned and barley used areas/features within the Runescape world? :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was thinking in skills too...like mining :mrgreen:

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

The name of this topic so closely reminds me of Fable II...

Looks like new wilderness features might be might on their way soon.

Oh God, please no. Unless they put a safe city in the middle of it, I hope Jagex don't focus on it too much. I'm scared **** of revenants, I can never finish a level 3 clue without having a wilderness stalker.

I really hope Draynor gets a graphic update soon. That's kind of like new life.. in an ancient place. That last noticeable update was the Wise Old Man breaking into the bank.. & that was.. three years ago.

Hemenster could use a lick of paint too, the Fishing guild just doesn't look worthwhile without a nice appearance to reward your time spent levelling.

Since Rimmington seems to be the first thing on everyone's mind when they think of old places; I think it has great potential to become the first "skilling town". It's already got a mine (even if it is the lower grade ores) & a POH Portal. It's got willows & yews close to the bank deposit box (though only accessible by those hwo have completed Rocking Out; which I think is fair. There's no need for a good woodcutting spot to be ruined.), it's near the crafting guild. All it needs is a few fishing spots, a cooking range & maybe a summoning obelisk a short run away.

The only downside is if Jagex were to add a bank, the woodcutting would be ruined.

In fact, now that I think of it; the Yews & Willows near the deposit box might have been an attempt by Jagex to increase concentration in the town.

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

Entrana has its use. It's a great place to train Ranged, if you have a decent amount of Fletching levels, and can make at least full Green d'hide.

Tutorial Island's use was a one-time deal to get new players acquainted with the game, so any use beyond that is absolutely pointless.

Meiyerditch? What the heck is in Meiyerditch that even stands a remote chance of being used? There is the lone furnace somewhere in the northern parts of the city, but with no ore nearby, that serves no point whatsoever.

The places that might get the facelift or the improvement would be Port Khazard (there's some ore nearby), McGrubor Woods (most of the wood there you can find anywhere else; doesn't make sense to keep a fence there unless there's something nice around), Mort'ton (minigame, 'nuff said), Haunted Mine, and various other obscure places on the map that don't make much sense to visit unless required in a quest.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Make some skills that are very boring, not boring would be nice. But, I don't really know how you can make repetitive skills "fun". Mining, fishing, woodcutting, smithing, etc. Although they did come out with stealing creation, which is pretty cool...I think it would be awesome if they made a dragon pick this year for mining though, now that would be sweet..

Big_Stingman.png

There are many areas that culd be much more worthwhile with only a minor tweak eg The Haunted Mine

Knock out the need to redo the mushroom EVERYTIME and it is actually a pretty amazing mine

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Entrana has its use. It's a great place to train Ranged, if you have a decent amount of Fletching levels, and can make at least full Green d'hide.

Tutorial Island's use was a one-time deal to get new players acquainted with the game, so any use beyond that is absolutely pointless.

Meiyerditch? What the heck is in Meiyerditch that even stands a remote chance of being used? There is the lone furnace somewhere in the northern parts of the city, but with no ore nearby, that serves no point whatsoever.

The places that might get the facelift or the improvement would be Port Khazard (there's some ore nearby), McGrubor Woods (most of the wood there you can find anywhere else; doesn't make sense to keep a fence there unless there's something nice around), Mort'ton (minigame, 'nuff said), Haunted Mine, and various other obscure places on the map that don't make much sense to visit unless required in a quest.

I was in world 77 yesterday for a good 3 hours making sacred oil, there were at the very least, 15 people there playing/doing the minigame, so I think it doesn't need an update if it attracts that many people to it.

Also I think Nardah and Tree Gnome Village could use an update or two.

tipitsiggy.png

I remember that Dalcyte ore (forgot the name tbh)

Didn't somebody post a picture of that ore bring found in a cart in the Mourner's Tunnels? (place with dark beasts)

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

I remember that Dalcyte ore (forgot the name tbh)

Didn't somebody post a picture of that ore bring found in a cart in the Mourner's Tunnels? (place with dark beasts)

Daeyalt Ore, thats what was in those carts and in Meiyerditch.

tipitsiggy.png

The overpass on that mountain to Tirawnn needs to be more appealing (Boat>Overpass)

There is also some apple mush place below the Grand Tree

The Training Grounds north of Ardougne. I seriously never knew it exsisted till 3 weeks ago and I've been a member for 12 months!

North of the Overpass. There is nothing there and its pretty much a place where you dont want/need to go.

Tower of Life. Never been there and those satchels were a mystory untill I found out they exsisted by mistake.

The ENTIRE P2P DESERT. I seriously forget that this place exsists sometimes. This is a place I wouldnt go to and pretty much advoid because of its non-inportance in my RS life.

South of Clan Wars. Also didnt know that there was even anything there for a while. Needs to be more attractive.

Thats pretty much all I can think about. Maybe Jagex wants to draw people into unexplored or unpopulated areas?

Rimminton f2p only for occasional passing its perfectly useless in f2p.

ice mountain with oracle on top

elf city

Naw, there is usually an average of 4 or 5 players wc'ing at the yews. I hope they leave the town alone it's a good spot you can cut yews and browse forums or whatever else... don't have to watch for the trees to respawn.

derrick44444.png

derrick44444.png

Wc'ing my way to 99 (Wish me luck)

Al Kharid surely is a candidate here...

From a F2P person, Al Kharid's main attractions are training basic crafting & fire altar.

Duel arena? PVP, Clan Wars & Wildy are available.

Chasm Mine? Rimmington, Lumby, Varrock, Dwarfen Mines & Barbarian Village all have similar rocks, with most having equal distance to bank. That's not even including the two guilds available.

Quests? Prince Ali. That's it. Even Draynor Manor has two.

Other than a long walk, entry to Al Kharid costs 10gp, hardly worth it. Yes that becomes free after the quest, but that's not my point. Where else in F2P does it cost to enter? Musa Point and you get much more for your money there.

As for shops, other than armour/weapons (G/E is better value), the only shop of worth is the silk trader, of which there are better ways to make £££.

If it wasn't for the tanning shop, fire altar and if bored with everywhere else, chasm mine, there is no point of going to Al Kharid for F2P.

I also second Ice Mountain and add space, east of Varrock.

sherman2k.png

Al Kharid surely is a candidate here...

From a F2P person, Al Kharid's main attractions are training basic crafting & fire altar.

Duel arena? PVP, Clan Wars & Wildy are available.

Chasm Mine? Rimmington, Lumby, Varrock, Dwarfen Mines & Barbarian Village all have similar rocks, with most having equal distance to bank. That's not even including the two guilds available.

Quests? Prince Ali. That's it. Even Draynor Manor has two.

Other than a long walk, entry to Al Kharid costs 10gp, hardly worth it. Yes that becomes free after the quest, but that's not my point. Where else in F2P does it cost to enter? Musa Point and you get much more for your money there.

As for shops, other than armour/weapons (G/E is better value), the only shop of worth is the silk trader, of which there are better ways to make £££.

If it wasn't for the tanning shop, fire altar and if bored with everywhere else, chasm mine, there is no point of going to Al Kharid for F2P.

I also second Ice Mountain and add space, east of Varrock.

Lol? Al Kharid is the closest forge to a bank in f2p. There are always several people smelting there, unless you're on an almost empty world. And one of the things that I think people like about the chasm mine (which is also fairly well populated on most worlds, AFAIK) is that you can smelt what you mine before banking it.

And there is stuff to the east of Varrock. It's just p2p. I don't know how useful it is, but it's nothing they're going to add to f2p...

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

The light at the end of the tunnel is the demon-infested lava pit.

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

vo = broken ice cream cone = sad children = sad babies = dead babies

bluehooloovo = sadwho100deadbabies = Who is sad about 100 dead babies?

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

I can think of a few..

Barbarian Village

Entrana

Rimmington

Most of Morytania

Priffindas or however you spell it

Seers Village, kind of meh

Yanille

Castle Wars

all I can think of for now.