• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*excited*

Going to the pub tonight tho so wont be able to do it until tomorrow... sad

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I'm asked to go to the council. When I do, nothing happens. Even Zanik is lost.

This quests seems quite rugged from the edges. -.-

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

Hmm were actualy expecting a grandmaster quest, this one had some realy easy reqs. Okey for me tough :D

kirderf123.png

99 Woodcutting 09/12/08 - 99 Cooking 13/01/09 - 99 Fletching 20/04/09 - 2,713th to 99 Construction 14/09/09

[hide=Quote]

New summon monster. You get 99 summon and complete a hard quest to gain the ability to summon Jesus, who splits the waters allowing you to walk to a new port town where you unlock the sailing skill. Obviously ;)

That was Moses you idiot.

That gets fixed in the bugfix the following week. Maybe.

[/hide]

In difficulty, this quest was moderate, but in storyline...

It has been a while since I've seen something so beautiful. It just had something that touched me.

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

It has been a while since I've seen something so beautiful. It just had something that touched me.

Annoys me so bad that I can't do this quest until I get home next weekend :cry:

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Yeah, I felt something aswell. ::'

Same.

Easy quest, but still high quality! New agiity arena sounds promsing, and I'd like to know what Zanik's Crosbow's special does...

Going to go do some bandos slaugtering in that new pace, see how common granite maces are.

When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.

I'm asked to go to the council. When I do, nothing happens. Even Zanik is lost.

This quests seems quite rugged from the edges. -.-

Agreed. The lack of underground mapping makes this particularly annoying. Several times in the quest I got stuck not because I couldn't solve a riddle or kill something, but rather I couldn't find something in the massive, annoying city of Dorgesh-Kahn. At the boss fight, I was trying to do the right thing through the normal operating process (saving spoilers), but the quests unilateral interface made this impossible. That sucked and it almost cost me my gear.

The quest was really well written, but the "fetch" style of all the subquests (go get this, talk to this guy, talk to that guy, ask him this) just served to make the quest longer and aggravating. I would have prefered to have your character liaison more with the "top" world, and that would have made more sense.

A nice quest, but not a fitting 150, unless the rewards for that agility course are incredible. Having weaponry that displaces valuable in game items is not necessarily a good thing.

A great day overall when you factor in the in-game updates, but this quest gets a mixed grade from me.

Story: A

Puzzles: C

Length: C

Challenge: B

Fun: C

Rewards: C+ (subject to change)

Overall: B. Wouldn't be disappointed except for all the delay in other rollouts and outrageous buildup over this one.

stormveritas.png

It was cute. I hated the fact that I kept forgetting a part of the final boss resulting in me having to refight him about 6 times.

[hide=Spoilers]I got to the part where Zanik losses her crossbow and she died.

I thought I couldnt use the crossbow since it didnt have a wield option, so I went out and in the portal again.

She died again, but before I exited, I figured I could try and kill the avatar once more.

I then realised the special attack was in the chat itself.

The fight wasnt hard though.

I had bandos and dfs + whip with magic prayer and barely got hit at all.

I only had to eat because I brought too many sharks and had to pick up zaniks crossbow pieces.[/hide]

This.

Watch me on Youtube

Current Let's Plays: Kingdom Hearts, Golden Sun

Future Let's Plays: Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories, Golden Sun II: The Lost Age

Holier_Nx.png

This.

The storyline really was epic. About time someone erected a statue of me, too.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

Didn't they say awhile back that this would be the penultimate goblin quest? Or does Jagex just not know what penultimate means?

The last one was the penultimate one.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

This.

Me too. Much more engaging than many previous quests.

I agree with you guys, there was something about this quest that was just amazing. I actually felt sad during parts of the quest, which rarely happens to me in games. That's really a true test of how good a quest is

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009

This might be one of the best ones they've done. I honestly found myself so caught up in the storyline, I barely cared about the reward. That was one hell of a good storyline, to be blunt. I'm a fan of storyline in the game, but even I hadn't found myself caring about it quite so much before this quest. Just...Wow.

We need at least one or two quests with that kind of effect per year, if they could manage it.

Rook_Dugal.png

Agreed with those who say it was an emotional story. The scene where you find Zanik in the Dorgesh Slayer Cave and you sit next to her, that was really touching. The storyline is really quite interesting because you don't really know if the monster you fight was really Bandos, or a Bandos impersonator.

That said, the rewards were only so-so. Zanik's Crossbow is fairly weak, even against the Bandos Statues, which they are supposed to be very strong against. The Granite Mace isn't really even worth mentioning. It'll go down as another Granite Helmet. The Agility course seems pretty good, but I haven't tried it exensively. Is if faster than Ape Atoll? Or the the Wilderness?

Zanik's Crossbow is fairly weak, even against the Bandos Statues, which they are supposed to be very strong against.

It can hit 57-57 :shock:

I tested it myself with 90 range and hit 46-47.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

That said, the rewards were only so-so. Zanik's Crossbow is fairly weak, even against the Bandos Statues, which they are supposed to be very strong against. The Granite Mace isn't really even worth mentioning. It'll go down as another Granite Helmet. The Agility course seems pretty good, but I haven't tried it exensively. Is if faster than Ape Atoll? Or the the Wilderness?

Since the nerf, I heard it's something like 52 k an hour with a high fail rate. On the other hand, it does give strength and range experience... but doesn't the prior goblin agility course to the same?
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?