Albums or songs? Downloads or physical copies?

warri0r45

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

First question: Do you like listening to whole albums or individual songs? What's your playlist made of?

As for me, I pretty much always listen to whole albums. I like it when bands have a consistent product to offer rather than just a few good songs here and there.

Second question: Do you like downloading music or buying it from a CD store?

Me, I like buying it and building up a CD collection, though I have downloaded a bit of late. Call me old fashioned, but I like the physical copy with the album art and everything. I just like the feeling own really owning it.

I hate having a band on my library or ipod with only 1 or 2 songs, I own albuyms of every band I listen to.

I prefer actualy copies rather than downloads, but most of the music I listen to you can't exactly go down to Best Buy and pick up, ya know? So unfortuantely almost all of my music is digital.

I like songs normally, but if an album flows together really well then ill listen to the album.

I would like physical copies but since im so cheap I download songs.

Oh well, as long as I get to listen to the song.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Definitely albums. When I like an artist, I have to have every single song they've ever made.

I also buy more actual CDs that anyone else my age that I know, however, I probably download far more than most people too. Basically I like buying albums when I can, but I listen to so much music that it would be impossible to buy them all.

I like to listen to songs individually, but if it sounds good as a combination, then I would listen to the whole album. :D

I prefer physical copies, but parents disapprove. They think all of the CDs I've bought are from friends. :uhh:

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Albums, but not the intro's/boring songs or whatever. I usually download a full discography, listen to all albums and delete whatever I don't like. After that I make a playlist with albums I want to hear, and set it to shuffle.

2dvjurb.png

When I'm listening to music I play an entire album. It's strange to keep changing discs every three minutes. When I have something in the background I just do some random stuff from the computer, most of the time.

I always buy the real thing, and most of the time I rip them to the computer so that I don't have to change CD's all the time when I'm at the pc.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I used to download quite a lot of music a few months ago, but have pretty much stopped with that altogether now thanks to Spotify. I've always bought albums though since, like people have said, I love having the physical copy with the album art and everything. Plus I don't feel like I own an album if I have downloaded it. Don't think I have ever said "yeah I have that one" about an album that I've downloaded, I just say I've heard it. Nowadays I just search for an artist on Spotify, listen through a few of their albums and then order one (or more) of them.

But since I'm on a pretty tight budget at the moment, I only manage to buy maybe 4 CDs a month (compare that to a while ago when I bought 10 CDs one month and then 20 more a few days after).

I always listen to the entire albums though. I get somewhat annoyed when some of my mates always feel the need to switch to the "best" songs all the time.

2009rb9.jpg

I only download individual songs. Occasionally an album from a band which I really like. I certainly won't buy cd's. I play all music in mp3/FLAC/ogg, so I don't need any physical media carrier (except for my mp3 player).

I only download individual songs. Occasionally an album from a band which I really like. I certainly won't buy cd's. I play all music in mp3/FLAC/ogg, so I don't need any physical media carrier (except for my mp3 player).

This. I have my playlist backed up in 3 different places :)

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

I normally prefer full albums, though there are times when I feel like listening to individual songs. It really depends on the occasion. I hate compilations for the most part as well.

I also prefer physical CDs for downloads, but I can't afford to buy anywhere close to as much as I download, so I normally end up buying only when I can't find something elsewhere, as much as I hate doing it.

It depends on what I'm doing. Sometimes I'll be in the mood to listen to an entire album but sometimes I just kind of want to listen to some music while I'm doing other stuff.

And I haven't bought a CD in years.

I listen to full Cds, but sometimes I'll hit that Genius button on iTunes and it creates some pretty good playlists so I don't complain cause sometimes your just not in the mood to listen to one artist for X number of songs. I download and sometimes buy Cds. I have a hard time wanting to make the trip to the music store to actually find myself spending $10-$20 on a Cd but I'm trying to build a collection so I'm trying to buy more actually copies of Cds. Also with iPods and how easy it is now to connect them to your car stereo it also adds to list of reasons of not actually needing a physical copy.

tFtfA.jpg

I download all my songs, but they're all from iTunes so I've spent a fair bit of money in supporting my artists. Come to think of it I've promised to stop buying songs off iTunes of artists of WMG because of this whole YouTube feud with them...

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

It's always albums unless I'm hosting a party, in which case my music usually gets turned off.

I was watching a Late Night talk show and Elton John was the guest, I can't remember the exact quote, but he said something along the lines that he didn't own a computer or an iPod or anything like that and that listening to an individual song was "like taking one brushstroke from the Mona Lisa." Since then I have never looked at listening to music the same way.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I much prefer owning a CD to just having downloaded it, there's something to be said for being able to play a CD in car, search through them physically or lend them to a mate. That said the bulk of my music is downloaded, sadly, which is simply more out of convenience than preference. If I had the money and time I'd buy more CD's, but I'd rather "just" have it downloaded than not listen to it.

As for listening to stuff it changes a lot. By and large I listen to albums, but sometimes I only want to listen to a song here and there (especially when I'm listening to my iPod). I also love playlists, and am really liking Genius playlists in iTunes. Sometimes I might want to get a broad overview of a genre without delving exclusively into one artist.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I like to listen to the whole album. Most of the time on my iPod, I just go to songs and hit shuffle, unless im playing COD4/CODWaW, then I go to my fav playlist.

As for the second question...I prefer to download...I would rather not waste gas to go to the store to buy a CD that I can buy at home.

"You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you are all the same." - Jonathan Davis

I like to listen to the whole album. Most of the time on my iPod, I just go to songs and hit shuffle, unless im playing COD4/CODWaW, then I go to my fav playlist.

As for the second question...I prefer to download...I would rather not waste gas to go to the store to buy a CD that I can buy at home.

Order online? I haven't bought CDs in a store in years.

2009rb9.jpg

I prefer to listen to entire albums, i feel it more enjoyable that way.

I haven't bought a CD from a store in years,In fact i remember the last time i Bought a Cd was in 2003, and i only bought classical, ambient albums at that time.

Now i pretty much prefer to order my music online.

I usually listen to albums. It really annoys me to have to switch songs/CD's every couple of minutes.

Also, if money was not an issue, I would own every CD I have music for. Unfortunately, I don't have a money tree in my backyard, so I end up downloading all my music. And just because it's much more convenient and you often find a lot of lesser-known-but-awesome tracks, I download the entire discography of an artist.

I truly do wish that CD's were priced at a more reasonable amount. For once I'd like to see a full-length album for under $10. That said I have no idea how much it actually costs to create a single album.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

The consumer in me urges to buy th physical copy of the CD, but I never do. I either download or copy from a friend. In the end, I just don't feel a need to own the CDs.

As for playing, usually I play a whole album, but sometimes I'll just set it to shuffle.