Stat Spy, is it really that bad?

fenrir321

Probably my most fun thing to do is to either talk to npcs with random on lunar or use stat spy.

I have been discouraged from using stat spy because of three things:

1) says "Zelda12346 has read your stats!"

2) supposedly breaches privacy (get to that in a sec)

3) the animation attracts people like a magnet

My responses to them:

1) why is it that it's called stat SPY but tells WHO spied on you? That makes no sense.

2) Maybe this was a long time ago when I actively did this, but I would always get something like "mind your stats" or "noob spyer" every ten or so spies. I would also get piled in pits when using this spell.

3) See point 2. Either they (not spied) says, "omg, what spell is that?" "Do me next!" or they (spied) says "What the hell? Noob"

Reasons why I like stat spy:

It eats up some time while also giving an insight on random peoples' stats (NOT because I like to annoy people.) It also can allow me to relay pile targets to my mates base on stats. I thank Jagex for this spell not being a "requires request aid" spell for privacy. Which brings me to my next point: what privacy is there? If I really wanted look up someone's stats for free, I'd have hiscores in a tab ready to go. There's no advantage except a lost screen (which really doesn't matter in non-pvp situations), so what's the argument of losing privacy?

Ugh, maybe I'm beating a dead horse on this one, but I've never understood/knew what the majority of the people though about stat spy. Therefore, I ask the copious community of players at Tipit to help me out! :)

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

I share your opinion for sure :D

Also, Stat Spy allows us to see just where we can argue when someone says we are noobs in a certain stat... ::'

Finally, it's pretty much hilarious to see random noobs flaming us for reading their stats :XD:

animsig.gif

Thanks to Vey for the hawt siggie <3

Yes, it's funny after a few spies, but eventually the flames will get to you. I use my ignore list when it gets really abusive, but I'm still reluctant to do so. Of course, when I'm being spied upon, I tease obviously and then give a smirk (is that even possible online?!) and then possibly join them :lol:

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

i see no conflict, spy away!

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

I liked telling them I was psychic by yelling their worst scores out loud :lol: . Always good embarassing a level 89 when they have 4 farming and level 10 hunter 8-) .

:lol: Gf, Gf indeed.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Feel free to stat spy me if you see me around \'

It was a laugh of a spell when i first got lunars, i like the animation of it.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Your only going to get reponses from people that agree with you. I mean no one is going to want to look like the arrogant one, and say that you should never use that spell. It's just people who are more bored than you who call you a noob. :o

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

I don't see why anyone would get offended or make a big deal over someone using stat spy on them. Like you already pointed out it's easy enough to look up someone's stats through the high scores. If there is anyone who reads this that is against stat spy I would love for them to post their reasoning behind it.

Rinoa_tilly.png

STATS

[hide]Rinoa_tilly.png[/hide]

I love it when people spy on me, makes me feel interesting and cool.

The only reason someone would stat spy you is if they were curious about your levels or if they want to know more about you as a player. I really don't mind and think that people that do make a fuss really have no life.

I liked telling them I was psychic by yelling their worst scores out loud :lol: . Always good embarassing a level 89 when they have 4 farming and level 10 hunter 8-) .

I fail to see what is embarrassing about that.

I think it's the 4 farming and 10 hunter bit.

Not sure though.

Zerker_jane.png

I fail to see what is embarrassing about that.

Agreed, making yourself feel good by mocking someone's stats on a game is more embarrassing than having those stats, imo. o_O

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

I find it useful, needed to go Lunar Isle earlier and spotted someone in edge after they stat spied me. Easy way Lunar Isle :D.

Good point - never thought of that. Got spied on for the first time last night. "Hey Rosa you got 89 HP" True" "And 81 Mage" True". He soon got bored.

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

Its a great spell to be used in BH.

When a friend is fighting somebody and using smite, you can tell them when the other persons prayer hits 0 so they can KO.

Pretty useful to deal with 1 itemers.