Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Hugger_88

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made an anti-boosting guide on another forum. I'll post it here.

[hide]Anti Boosting Guide

Hey yall, I created this anti-boosting guide for all those who are sick of no-good boosters and want to help fight the cheating noobs. In this guide I'll include the best setup to kill boosters, strategies for hunting them out and killing them without getting killed yourself, and even pictures of all the maps showing the exact locations of all the booster spots. I'll even include information on the most popular booster spots on each map. So enjoy, and you expert anti-boosters be sure to tell me anything you see in this guide that is missing, or something that needs to be corrected.

DEATH TO BOOSTERS!

Booster information

Boosters mostly play on Free-For-All games, although some have been spotted in domination and ground war domination games. Boosters prefer Free-For-All though, so always anti-boost on FFA matches.

The average booster is very inexperienced and has probably only boosted once or twice. Therefore, they make stupid mistakes like not putting ninja or cold blooded on, or boosting in the most ridiculously open spots in the game, or having the same clan tag, etc. But every once and a while you will come across an expert set of boosters, who find the most secluded spots and put on all the right perks. This is why you need to have the absolute best set up so you can counter the best boosters.

Spotting boosters pre-game is rather easy. Boosters typically have the same clan tag, or some sort of nuke emblem or title. Check for the Global Thermonuclear War title or the End of the Line title. Also check for the radiation sign emblem (it looks like the spinning nuke emblem, but not animated). Also check if the suspected boosters have mikes. If they both do, you probably have boosters. Also be sure to check the score from the previous game. If one of the suspects has a ridiculously high score, while one has a ridiculously low score, they are probably boosters.

Killing boosters

When you have spotted a booster, be patient. Get as close to them as you can without them spotting you, then pull out your secondary. If you have a clear shot with your C4 or frag, go ahead and throw it and kill them. Remember you have to cook a frag, if that's your choice of equipment. Alternatively if you think the boosters can gain an advantage over you (for example if there are three with multiple tacs), you can throw a flash, and charge in there with a shotgun or RPG. Remember explosions destroy tactical insertions. If you don't use an explosion to kill them, get over to the tac and aim your gun over it. Then wait til the idiot spawns and give him a face full of bullets (or knife him, hehe).

Then proceed to send them each threatening messages telling them you've reported them, even though you might not have. It scares them sh**less.

Anti-booster class

Assault rifle with heartbeat and silencer (to detect boosters if they don't have ninja on, and to go in silent)

Spas or M1887 (for long range shooting) OR RPG (if you have it unlocked)

C4 (or if you're bad with fast C4 clicking, use frag)

Flash or stun grenade (a smoke grenade doesn't work, it indicates to the boosters that you are coming)

Bling

Cold Blooded

Ninja or Sitrep (sitrep makes it easier to spot boosters, but ninja allows you to sneak up on them without being detected. You can choose which one you prefer)

Killstreaks: UAV, counter UAV, predator. UAV incase one of the idiot boosters doesn't have cold-blooded on, counter UAV to sneak up on them, predator to take them out from the air if you know where they are.

Maps, with all booster spots

Thanks to http://www.mw2blog.com for maps

Red spots indicate boosting spots.

Yes yes, I realize that by indicating popular booster spots, I may actually help boosters, but I believe releasing this information will increase the number of anti-boosters and increase the anti-boosting cause. While IW is cooking up a solution to elminate boosters, we have to do our part and discourage boosting. Now that I am revealing all the boosting spots, boosters will have nowhere to hide.

Afgan - Generally lack of booster spots except for a select bunch of very good ones.

afgan.png

Popular spots

-Western most area of map (that red strip there), can be accessed by 'sliding down' the cliff without falling.

-Sniper rock, southern part of map (on top of rock)

-Grassy area, southeastern most part of map (area that juts out)

Derail - Contains several secluded areas on the rim of the map away from the main fighting.

derail.png

Popular spots

-Behind 1337 train, mid-western part of map.

-Strip mall, eastern most part of the map.

-Area that juts out, southern most part of map.

Estate - Although a large map, there are very few places boosters can hide.

estate.png

Popular spots

-Areas around power plant, northern most part of map.

-Back woodlands, southern most part of map.

Favela - Usually a disfavored map for boosters, because of lack of good spots. Infact, there really isn't one good spot at all.

favela.png

Popular spots

-Red spot in eastern most area of map.

Highrise - Nearly every area in this map is a combat hotzone, but some clever boosters found some ways away from the fighting in certain specials spots. Pay attention to these spots.

highrise.png

Popular spots

-On crane.

-Second story of the northmost building (the little strip up there, you know).

-Roof of the southernmost building.

-Back areas of both buildings.

Invasion - A booster's wet dream. There are a multitude of extremely secluded areas on this map where boosters like to hide.

invasionu.png

Popular spots

-Entire U.S. Embassy in north part of map. Check the second story first.

-Jeeps, where the Rangers spawn in Team Deathmatch. Western most part of map.

-Videostore in central part of map, in the red room (the room in the back). Beware of claymores.

Karachi - Another juicy map for a booster. There are large secluded spots in the western and eastern parts of the map, plus several other spots dotted around the map.

karachi.png

Popular spots

-Entire eastern-most area.

-Entire western-most area.

-Building in northern-most area.

-Small room in first story of building to the north.

-Building west of the circle in the eastern most part of the map.

Quarry - Not the best map to boost, but still littered with a few popular booster spots.

quarry.png

Popular spots

-In the Offices, the western part of the room, behind the desks.

-Very southern most point on map behind the dumpster.

-Behind the cars near the place described above ^.

-Tiny little room that juts out on Industrial Road (look at map, north region).

Rundown - Possibly the most boosted map in the game. There are dozens of booster spots on this map, and many secluded places.

rundown.png

Popular spots

-Forest area in western part of map (check the grassy area, and the forest).

-Inside gas station or outside in western part of map.

-Below the two bridges in the riverbed.

-In the southern most part of the riverbed, behind those stairs.

-Forest area in southern part of map.

-Villa (building in eastern most part of map). Search on second story and behind the villa.

-Areas south of villa. Several dotted areas hide boosters from the rest of the game, search these areas.

Rust - Erm...

rustv.png

Scrapyard - A booster's nightmare. There is literally no good spot on this map for boosters to hide, except for one semi-hiden spot behind a rock.

scrapyard.png

Popular spots

-Behind rock, northeast part of map.

Skidrow - A bad map for boosters except for one secluded spot.

skidrows.png

Popular spots

-Red spot in northern most part of map.

Sub Base - Most fighting takes place in mid and eastern parts of map, so western parts are secluded.

subbase.png

Popular spots

-Western parts of map.

-In the building in the central-ish part of the map (garage on map), the room below the catwalk.

-In the building (warehouse on map) the tiny area below the stairs leading up to the second story.

-Northeastern most part of map (area that juts out, near crates)

Terminal - Combat follows almost all areas of this map except a few select locations.

terminal.png

Popular spots

-In security checkpoint area (rangers spawn), westmost part of map.

-The offices near the security checkpoint.

-Burgertown, northwest on map.

-Northeast most area on map (beware of claymores).

Underpass - A damp map where its hard to see. Boosters use this to their advantage and hide in the forests and other areas.

underpass.png

Popular spots

-Ditch, below bridge.

-Red spots in northern most area of map.

-The red spot directly south of those areas described ^.

-The forest area in the northeast part of the map.

-Parking lot in southeast part of the map.

Wasteland - Horrible map for boosting, yet boosters still do it here.

wasteland.png

Popular spots

-In two-room house in western part of map.

-In one-room house in western part of map.

-The two southern areas in the southern part of the map.[/hide]

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

I was unique in CoD4 until they decided to put RPG as a secondary weapon. -.-

Yeah I pretty much never used the RPG in Cod4. The worst thing about prestiging in MW2 to me is only having the RPGs for 5 levels. I've never actually used Danger Close with them, its probably ridiculous, but I find I can get multikills fine without it. I love Skidrow because firing a rocket down either the hall or the tunnel is usually a double kill.

Wow mario you really did all that? I mean seriously is boosting really that bad? It sounds to me just throwing on SitRep so you can see the tactical insertions is all you really need.

Yeah I pretty much never used the RPG in Cod4. The worst thing about prestiging in MW2 to me is only having the RPGs for 5 levels. I've never actually used Danger Close with them, its probably ridiculous, but I find I can get multikills fine without it. I love Skidrow because firing a rocket down either the hall or the tunnel is usually a double kill.

Wow mario you really did all that? I mean seriously is boosting really that bad? It sounds to me just throwing on SitRep so you can see the tactical insertions is all you really need.

It's grown to a new level. The boosting community in general has grown... there are a lot more of them now and its becoming a big problem. They already destroyed FFA, now they are coming into other gametypes and we may see those destroyed unless we do something about it. I imagine the first to go will be domination or ground war domination matches.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

It's grown to a new level. The boosting community in general has grown... there are a lot more of them now and its becoming a big problem. They already destroyed FFA, now they are coming into other gametypes and we may see those destroyed unless we do something about it. I imagine the first to go will be domination or ground war domination matches.

I played some FFA matches earlier in the hope of finding some boosters to kill, in about five lobbies there were none. :mellow:

Just unlocked C4 again and used it on Capture the Flag; 12 kills in two games which I thought was decent.

...WOW. Saw probably the most pathetic thing today. My friend invited me to a game of domination... IT WAS A GIANT BOOSTING BATTLE. No one captured any of the objectives.

Well I hope you equiped an RPG and went on a killing spree and maybe get your own nuke from all of the non-dangerous boosters.

Also they're getting smarter. Last night I found a group with a "bodyguard" that would kill you before you could get close.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

...WOW. Saw probably the most pathetic thing today. My friend invited me to a game of domination... IT WAS A GIANT BOOSTING BATTLE. No one captured any of the objectives.

Well I hope you equiped an RPG and went on a killing spree and maybe get your own nuke from all of the non-dangerous boosters.

Also they're getting smarter. Last night I found a group with a "bodyguard" that would kill you before you could get close.

first prestige level 20 = no RPG. So instead, I captured one of the places, so the game wouldn't be infinite. Then got some noobtube kills with the SCAR. Then left.

Amaranth_GTO.png

I broke up some boosters in Demolition of all gametypes. Nice AT4 into the airplane cockpit from the cargo bay in Terminal and order was restored.

I also made a riot shoeld class and I gotta say, it's fairly decent. I get xp for practically just existing, and enemy harriers/attack helos are awesome just so I can reflect bullets. And the shield itself ain't too bad of a weapon, either.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

body guards are easy to take care of and/or bypass. just act like a normal FFA player running around, kill him, then run and kill the boosters.

anyone wanna make an anti boosting clan, play exclusively in FFA in teams of 3 (1 sitrep, 1 ninja pro, 1 anti-vehicle) and find boosters and ruin their days?

now that im into booster justice, i might not even prestige. oh btw, im 200 off airdrop 3.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Yeah I noticed that, also seeing some bigger groups. Saw a person boosting off of three-four other people....got a CG before I was even situated in the game.

Do any of the PS3 players here get automatically signed out for no reason whatsoever? It's annoying the hell out of me and any suggestions to help stop it would be great.

Basically, at any random time either during a match or in a lobby, an error message will come up that says I've been automatically signed out of the playstation network.

Do any of the PS3 players here get automatically signed out for no reason whatsoever? It's annoying the hell out of me and any suggestions to help stop it would be great.

Basically, at any random time either during a match or in a lobby, an error message will come up that says I've been automatically signed out of the playstation network.

It happens very very rarely to me but it has happened. I got it more often when playing Fight Night rather than MW2 though.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Kept getting put in matches with [bleep]ing australian kids, no idea why but those kids have the worst connections in the world lmao. They shouldn't even be allowed to play in the same game as me, I don't understand why I wasn't getting matches with other Europeans/Americans.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

I went crazily well I think two days ago. I was on Terminal with a normal ACR no attachments; I get a harrier maybe two minutes in, still haven't died yet; I call it in and it gets me three kills and then I get a fourth for the chopper gunner. I go back to our spawn with the metal detectors and call in my chopper gunner, I get to a 31 kill streak and I have my nuke now. About three of their teammates come to me and I get them all and then I move to the other side of our spawn for another two that come around the corner. One of them finally gets the better of my and I die like 36 and 1. I mess around for a while waiting to call in my nuke further in to the game. More people start rushing me and I get a SECOND chopper gunner. I hide, call it in get like four kills then it gets shot down. I get a couple more people and die at maybe a 21 kill streak. Finally I kill like 3 more people and call in my nuke to be 57 - 11 - 3.

My game right after that one on Favela my friend gets a chopper gunner in like a minute it seemed like so he calls it in and gets shot down after like four kills. He says he died at a 24 kill streak. I get my chopper gunner at like a minute later, call it in and use it for the whole time and get another 35 kill streak. I have my nuke but he's begging me not to call it in because he's doing so well. I don't for a little while thinking I'll call it in in maybe two minutes. I then start to hear the count down and it turns out my friend didn't die, he just decided to lie to me about not getting a nuke so he could call his in first.

These were both on Ground War Domination. My other friend wanted to leave though and I did horribly the rest of the night because we were playing demolition.

[hide=99s]47,297th to 99 Attack, 12/10/08
47,898th to 99 Hitpoints, 3/29/09
78,286th to 99 Strength, 4/5/09
36,125th to 99 Range, 6/7/09, 12:30 in the morning.
70,280th to 99 Defence, 4/16/10
67,781st to 99 Magic, 8/13/10
Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)
169,099th to 99 Cooking , 4/9/11
Idk what to 99 fm at some point
Idk what to 99 prayer on 1/28/2012

?? 99 thieving 12/30/2015

?? 99 herblore 1/2/2016, ?? 99 dungeoneering 9/5/2016[/hide]

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

I I then start to hear the count down and it turns out my friend didn't die, he just decided to lie to me about not getting a nuke so he could call his in first.

Sounds like a bit of a [bleep]. Though TBH Nukes in general along with knife running [puncture]s are definately one of the dumbest things on MW2.

May sound noobish from a first prestige but I finally got my first AC-130. Was in favela and with about 7 minutes in I get a preditor missle. Use it but as soon as hit the boost button to hit the guy he dies so I wasted it. I get 2 more kills and get my harrier. Killed 2 people with the bombs and a quick gun kill with it. I get a few more kills and BAM, AC-130. I finsihed the game off with that and my harrier and went 30-5. Kinda weird that I got it though, the class is a pure run and gun class. Mini-uzi silenced with marthon pro, lightweight pro and ninja pro. But I got it and Im very happy about it.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Booster body gaurds are starting to piss me off. I put on Sitrep so I can get some of those challenges done, but the bodyguards always have heartbeat sensors on.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!