Farming Revolution? Will people actually use allotments now?

Rahila

Why are fruit bats more usefull now? They drop allotment seeds?

They forage strawberry and watermelon seeds. It was in response to lady ninane suggesting the price of seeds would go up. It might for a while, but I see them stabilise at their current price pretty soon.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's extremely useful, but I can only see this shooting up the price of allotment seeds even more.

No chance.

The vast majority of Runescape players are combat focused. Those that do dabble in skilling level for quests and then go back to Soul Wars/Pest Control/Armoured Zombies.

Farming isn't a well liked skill and this won't make people flock to it. A lot of people just do herbs and this update doesn't really effect them much as it was possible to farm all 5 patches with a Terrorbird and just 1 bank.

As it was you could still bank allotments very easily with a Terrorbird and some baskets. This is just a nice bonus for those who do farm.

By that logic, since people hate farming, they'd be cheap yes?

Langer's right: they will probably rise but stabilize later. Still, those seeds are so much gp per exp...Does this make it worthwhile to train with allotments vs trees/fruit trees/herbs? I don't think so.

hzvjpwS.gif

Langer's right: they will probably rise but stabilize later. Still, those seeds are so much gp per exp...Does this make it worthwhile to train with allotments vs trees/fruit trees/herbs? I don't think so.

With tree seeds being so cheap now, it's debatable.

I got a lot of my xp from allotments (maters, corn, strawberries, watermelons). I stopped doing allotments because it was so time consuming. I may reconsider now that I can see 99 on the horizon. Especially as I have white lillies planted everywhere.

I almost feel wasteful not growing allotment crops now.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

most likely works for all fruit trees as well since the lprechaun noted my curry leaves...

It will be a great update for all the powerfarmers... Faster allotment farming will make it more used especially for those who have the means to powertrain. I can see the cheap farmers doing tomatoes, cabages and sweetcorn a lot more with this update. Making uncooked sweetcorn more available for payments on the market. There is no cons about this particular update. Very nice work Jagex.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

most likely works for all fruit trees as well since the lprechaun noted my curry leaves...

It will be a great update for all the powerfarmers... Faster allotment farming will make it more used especially for those who have the means to powertrain. I can see the cheap farmers doing tomatoes, cabages and sweetcorn a lot more with this update. Making uncooked sweetcorn more available for payments on the market. There is no cons about this particular update. Very nice work Jagex.

yup it's confirmed fruit tree harvests can be noted.

Maybe now I'll use my giant ent and plant 6 papaya trees...i'd make around a little less than 75k a run gathering fruit? (just an estimate)

yup it's confirmed fruit tree harvests can be noted.

Maybe now I'll use my giant ent and plant 6 papaya trees...i'd make around a little less than 75k a run gathering fruit? (just an estimate)

You get an extra fruit about half of the time, that would be 9 fruits/tree, 54 total. :o

2dvjurb.png

My friend with 99 farming is not amused :lol:

I love it personally. I did some Torstols with a Stranger Plant and missed the Terrorbird's space. Now it isn't required. Also screw buying baskets for my strawberries, I can note them all as I go.

Brilliant update.

I would say: screw strawberries altogether.. Watermelons earn more, can be used as supercompost, and it's only drawback (no storage) is now gone!

Do the leprachauns also note logs/fruit-tree harvest/berries/hops?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

My friend with 99 farming is not amused :lol:

I love it personally. I did some Torstols with a Stranger Plant and missed the Terrorbird's space. Now it isn't required. Also screw buying baskets for my strawberries, I can note them all as I go.

Brilliant update.

I would say: screw strawberries altogether.. Watermelons earn more, can be used as supercompost, and it's only drawback (no storage) is now gone!

Do the leprachauns also note logs/fruit-tree harvest/berries/hops?

Hops yes, berries yes, fruits yes, logs no.

And watermelons are actually much more expensive than strawberries.

By that logic, since people hate farming, they'd be cheap yes?

Yes. And seeds are already very cheap. That's why farming is so profitable.

Wow... :wall: :wall:

Lets see... 99 farming over a year...

Banked almost every watermelon, strawberry, and sweetcorn.

Most set of allotments took about 2 - 3 bank runs...

And NOW this... -.-

And the herb thing... Also useless... as I clean all my herbs as I go...

Good update I guess... but it also makes me kind of sad inside... :(

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

Wow... :wall: :wall:

Lets see... 99 farming over a year...

Banked almost every watermelon, strawberry, and sweetcorn.

Most set of allotments took about 2 - 3 bank runs...

And NOW this... -.-

And the herb thing... Also useless... as I clean all my herbs as I go...

Good update I guess... but it also makes me kind of sad inside... :(

I couldn't agree more. :(

Not only does this cheapen 99 Farming, but I'll have to put my Farming guide I've had in the works through some serious revision. The update may make my life easier, but I still hate that this update was made expressly to make an already brilliant skill a bit easier.

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png

Good fight celestrana, He got 99 farming RIGHT BEFORE THIS UPDATE. haha

OMG OMG SAILING IS COMING LOLOLOLOL!!!1111 b/c JAGEX GAMES STUDIO , ANAGRAM OF SAITO JUDGE X-GAMES

TAKASHI SAITO= RED SOX P1TCHER... RED SOX = BOSTON, BOSTON = PORT CITY!!!! PORT CITY = SAILING

People already farmed those spaces, watermelons give crazy experience.

but now they give the crazy experience without the hastle ;)

the only drawback is the price of melon seeds

Fruit bats FTW

[hide=Stats/Goals And Drops]66evilone67.gif

66evilone67.png

66evilone67.png

66evilone67.png

3 - Black Mask

3 - Dragon Med Helm---1 - Dragon Boots---1 - Dragon Spear

5 - Granite Maul[/hide]

Thank you Jagex. Now I won't have to use up space in my bank to put harvests and fruit in. \'

Unlucky for those who got 99 farming though.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Who cares if you got 99 farming without the update. You can still farm and profit from this update. I got 99 farming with having to bank everything, but I'm just happy I don't have to bank my stuff now.

Who cares if you got 99 farming without the update. You can still farm and profit from this update. I got 99 farming with having to bank everything, but I'm just happy I don't have to bank my stuff now.

Agreed i'm only 86 farming I won't use this, I had to do 99 cook without cook all, blah blah blah change happens and it's for the better glad they're making things more convenient!

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Agreed i'm only 86 farming I won't use this, I had to do 99 cook without cook all, blah blah blah change happens and it's for the better glad they're making things more convenient!

Agreed.

These are smart updates that should be made...farming should have always been like this, so it's stupid for people with 99 farming to complain about it out of bitterness because it is a smart update by jagex.