101 Suggestions, #19 (again), #20, and #21.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jagex is certainly trying to crack down on bots. But what about AFK(away from keyboard)ers? A fix would be very easy and completely stop the problem. If someone goes 30 minutes without clicking OR entering text (not just leaving an object on a key to keep logged in, but actually entering text) then they should be logged out regardless if they are in combat. This would mean that you couldn't leave your player at bandits or orks with guthans and train over night, but would leave enough of a time margin not to make said training impractical for people actually playing Runescape. If you are in combat and are forced to get logged out, the combat would simply disengage.

We already have the underlined sentence. If you do not click anything or enter text for 5 minutes, you are logged out regardless of combat. However, if you are in combat, you remain in combat, but you are still logged out. It's a bit complex, but the bottom line is that you are logged out after 5 minutes of inactivity.

Your ideas are getting worse and worse... people would just use an auto typer that says "what's up" or something every 30 minutes... This won't help anything, if anything it will cost a few unlucky laggy players millions of gp. The first 12 ideas or so were good, but now they're just desperate attempts to keep the thread alive. Offer a solution that would actually HELP something. *cough cough* fishing trawler *cough cough*

Your ideas are getting worse and worse... people would just use an auto typer that says "what's up" or something every 30 minutes... This won't help anything, if anything it will cost a few unlucky laggy players millions of gp. The first 12 ideas or so were good, but now they're just desperate attempts to keep the thread alive. Offer a solution that would actually HELP something. *cough cough* fishing trawler *cough cough*

Unlucky players who are already breaking Jagex's rules. GF.

Jagex can already detect autotypers, so no problem there, either.

If you have an idea for the fishing trawler, go ahead and post it.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

If someone is using an auto typer, then they are macroing, which is a different (and more serious) offence. I was obviously talking about stopping people who AFK without the use of macros. Please explain how this could cost anyone anything. In any situation where you could go 30 minutes without clicking (this means 30 minutes without eating food or moving your character) having to log back in and then being attacked the same monsters is not going to be dangerous. You have yet to back up your argument about chompy hunting as well. For the second time I question if you even read my suggestion through. If you have something contructive to add please do so, saying "I don't like it your suggestions are pathetic" is not good enough.

quit

If someone is using an auto typer, then they are macroing, which is a different (and more serious) offence. I was obviously talking about stopping people who AFK without the use of macros. Please explain how this could cost anyone anything. In any situation where you could go 30 minutes without clicking (this means 30 minutes without eating food or moving your character) having to log back in and then being attacked the same monsters is not going to be dangerous. You have yet to back up your argument about chompy hunting as well. For the second time I question if you even read my suggestion through. If you have something contructive to add please do so, saying "I don't like it your suggestions are pathetic" is not good enough.

tbh take everything that abc says with a grian of salt

he is often being very sarcastic although sometimes i cannot tell.

i personally like your suggestions :thumbsup:

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Jagex is certainly trying to crack down on bots. But what about AFK(away from keyboard)ers? A fix would be very easy and completely stop the problem. If someone goes 30 minutes without clicking OR entering text (not just leaving an object on a key to keep logged in, but actually entering text) then they should be logged out regardless if they are in combat. This would mean that you couldn't leave your player at bandits or orks with guthans and train over night, but would leave enough of a time margin not to make said training impractical for people actually playing Runescape. If you are in combat and are forced to get logged out, the combat would simply disengage.

We already have the underlined sentence. If you do not click anything or enter text for 5 minutes, you are logged out regardless of combat. However, if you are in combat, you remain in combat, but you are still logged out. It's a bit complex, but the bottom line is that you are logged out after 5 minutes of inactivity.

^ This.

I can see where you are getting at but as zaaps said don't we already have this?

^ This.

I can see where you are getting at but as zaaps said don't we already have this?

I'm confused. Why is training at bandits popular if we already have it?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

^ This.

Why is training anything popular? Because it's good xp. It's not GREAT xp, but it's decent, and all it needs it 5 seconds of attention every 5 minutes.

^ This.

Why is training anything popular? Because it's good xp. It's not GREAT xp, but it's decent, and all it needs it 5 seconds of attention every 5 minutes.

Ah right. I was always under the impression that people trained there because you could leave it pretty much overnight or something.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Please people, if you don't know what you're talking about, don't talk. The 5 minute log out timer does not log you out if you are in combat. This leads to some players AFK training at bandits (with a god item) or orks (without a bandos item) in Guthan's and gaining a large ammount of combat experience without actually playing Runescape. I'll make a note of this on the first post for clarity.

quit

Please people, if you don't know what you're talking about, don't talk. The 5 minute log out timer does not log you out if you are in combat. This leads to some players AFK training at bandits (with a god item) or orks (without a bandos item) in Guthan's and gaining a large ammount of combat experience without actually playing Runescape. I'll make a note of this on the first post for clarity.

It's been logging me out while I'm fighting Giant Spiders for a while.

Giant spiders become unaggressive in 10 minutes, so I'm certain they were still aggressive.

However, that's not to say that they didn't stop attacking me. Oftentimes they get all clustered by when multiple people are there, so I might've left combat that way. If what you're saying is true, then a simple update is needed: make it log you out in combat.

Bandits and Orks are always aggressive if have a Zamorak/Saradomin item or no Bandos item.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

Bandits and Orks are always aggressive if have a Zamorak/Saradomin item or no Bandos item.

My bad, I was talking about giant spiders. I should've made that clearer.

Pretty sure it does - the way they get around this is by putting an object on the arrow keys.
imagangster.png

I like #14. I afk for like maybe 2 minutes at a time, in the sense that I am still at my laptop, just on another site, but I always go back to rs to check my drops and make sure I am potted and healed. (This is really only when I have dark beast tasks).

I don't think it's fair that people can get 99 melee stats so easily just by leaving their accounts on at badnits overnight. In my opinion, people who can be proven of having done this should all be banned.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

#15 REMOVE THE FILL OPTION FOR RC POUCHES WHEN THEY ARE FULL.

Leave only the Empty function.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

#15 REMOVE THE FILL OPTION FOR RC POUCHES WHEN THEY ARE FULL.

Leave only the Empty function.

This would help me a lot right now as I'm on a Runecrafting rush.