Under updated areas

whocowman

have you ever noticed how many cities are NOT worth visiting lets take Remington for example only 2 quests and a house portal that's it! discuss some more places that need to be updated

[hide=]whocowman.png[/hide]

goals:

next 4: 53 agility, 76 fishing, 63 hunter level 85 melee skills

rest of goals:100+ combat, all songs

completed:55 slayer

2543432.jpg

Recently, Rimmington has gotten a bank deposit box and a house portal. It is also home to some of the best f2p powermining and woodcutting spots. Think of all the untouched towns like Nardah that haven't gotten things in years.

lalalasig2.png

Prifdinnas(sp?), enough said. At least with Rimmington, you can use a House tele tab then go collect Berries at the Bush Patch, re-enter the house, use an Ardy portal, and go hit that bush patch too.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

Probably one of the least-used cities out there is Dorgesh-Kaan (I don't consider the agility course part of the city). It gets updates, like the latest quest for example, but once the novelty of it wears off, it'll go back to being deserted.

Some "under-updated" and relatively unused places are the elven lands in general (the only really useful things there are the elves for slayer and the fruit tree patch and I don't remember what the last update there was), Nardah (among other places in the desert that I don't feel like trying to remember the names of), Trollheim, the Penguin place, Meyerditch (unless you count the blood altar and Bloodveld area that I don't consider part of the actual city), and the digsite.

Did I miss any? :-k

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

Well I can name a few things that need to be updated...

1. Gnomes! They still have the old, before-HD-update look!

2. Fairies! Read above!

3. That's all I can think of right now! Except maybe Jatizso and/or Neitiznot! Not much to do there besides diary/ice trolls.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Kledagrim (that one dwarf place). It's so big, but has absolutely nothing to do.

Zanaris is way down there in terms of updatedness, it needs its storyline finished (why can't I just kill the freaking orks? They need to get the hell out of there! It used to be my favorite place; before the graphical update, that is... I used to kill those otherwordly beings for hours on end, with my trusty dragon long...)

Priffandis, it needs to be opened!

Nardah, and most of the other deser cities. There also has to be more teleports to there, then more people would use it. Sceptre is simply too rare/expensive.

RANGING GUILD!! Worst of them all! Who goes there? Other than people getting a ranged cape, or buying rune throwing axes for DK's, NO ONE! It has one mini-game, but has PATHETIC rewards (you'll actually lose money!) and pathetic exp in both the mini-game and its "training area". The training area, oh dear god. They hit hard, you can't pick up your arrows, you have to use a longbow... The "armor" salesman sells.... leather armor! Oh COME ON! It's for +40 rangers! The tanner is far away from a bank, and therefore useless in light of al-kharid's tanner. Tribal weapons.. wtf? They suck, badly. Javelins are super-inaccurate and super-slow. Throwing axes are also very inaccurate. The only RATIONAL use for them is using the rune axe's spec for getting to DK's, and then you only need ONE! The bow and arrow shop.. guess what? We already have one, it's called HICKTON'S [bleep]ING ARCHERY EMPORIUM!! It's right next to a bloody bank! This "guild" should either get a COMPLETE overhaul, or just be deleted out of the game for bringing such shame on the entire ranging skill...

The monastery! Has it EVER been updated? Can we please have another story on that building? For, say, +60 prayer peoples? Maybe put in a mini-game or two? There isn't any reason to go there.

When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.

I don't think anyone goes to that Dwarf city; I forget what it's called.
Keldagrim. I only go there for the blast furnace. More profit on mithril and a unorthodox, if not particularly good, method of training.

The other definite city is Dorgesh-khan. It seems as though the most beautiful and unique cities are always the least useful.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Keldagrim. I only go there for the blast furnace. More profit on mithril and a unorthodox, if not particularly good, method of training.

The other definite city is Dorgesh-khan. It seems as though the most beautiful and unique cities are always the least useful.

I think a lot has to do with the fact that both Keldagrim and Dorgesh-Khan don't have a teleport spell (Yes, Dorgesh has the orbs, but who has those in large numbers in his bank?). It makes both cities not very inviting to pop in for just a bit.

DutchDreams.png

I think a lot has to do with the fact that both Keldagrim and Dorgesh-Khan don't have a teleport spell (Yes, Dorgesh has the orbs, but who has those in large numbers in his bank?). It makes both cities not very inviting to pop in for just a bit.

Even if they had a normal tele, people wouldn't go to those places very often. There's simply nothing worthwhile to do in either city (except the blast furnace, of course). The most common reason for me to go to Dorgesh-Kaan is usually just to take the train to Keldagrim to use the Blast Furnace.

Oh, and I have like 120+ of the Dorgesh-Kaan tele sphere things. I still don't go there very often.

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

Actually, if you do enough quests, neither is particularly hard to get to. Home teleport, go the Culimonancer's chest for a light source, through the tunnel, and you're in Dorgesh-khan. If you've done Another Slice of H.A.M., then a quick train ride is all it takes to get to Keldagrim and, by extension, the Fremminik Province. All for free.

Though that isn't exactly a "quick" visit...

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

[hide=]

[/hide]

Actually, if you do enough quests, neither is particularly hard to get to. Home teleport, go the Culimonancer's chest for a light source, through the tunnel, and you're in Dorgesh-khan. If you've done Another Slice of H.A.M., then a quick train ride is all it takes to get to Keldagrim and, by extension, the Fremminik Province. All for free.

Though that isn't exactly a "quick" visit...

I agree there are ways to get to those cities, Dorgesh-Kahn is also hooked up to the fairy ring system nowadays (I forgot that one hehe). However, player has to have done quests, which is something a lot of average scapers don't particularly enjoy doing. After those quests, the methods of travelling are still not a one-click method. Combined with the fact there's not much to do as you mentioned (basically, Dorgesh-Kahn has agil course and Keldagrim has Blast furnace) and you'll end up with empty cities.

In short: it takes effort to get there. My opinion is, it's too much effort for today's generation of scapers (including myself).

Anyways, Burgh de Rott / Meyerditch could also do with some new impulses. Meyerditch especially is a huge area, but has no return value after you do the quest(s).

DutchDreams.png

Recently, Rimmington has gotten a bank deposit box and a house portal. It is also home to some of the best f2p powermining and woodcutting spots. Think of all the untouched towns like Nardah that haven't gotten things in years.

Where is this Bank deposit box you speak of?

Zaataar.png

Well I can name a few things that need to be updated...

1. Gnomes! They still have the old, before-HD-update look!

2. Fairies! Read above!

3. That's all I can think of right now! Except maybe Jatizso and/or Neitiznot! Not much to do there besides diary/ice trolls.

Maybe Jatizso, but how many people range/melee yaks for exp? Lots. Jatizso has no purpose bar the quest.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

There are, unfortunately, a lot of 'useless' areas. They're everywhere! Places like Nardah, Burgh de Rott and Prifddinas (although you can't really count that as a city). And as mentioned above, Dorgesh-Kaan isn't the most popular town either. What the problem is in most (if not all) of these ghost towns, is that the effort to get there is way more than the profits you get for being there. As the central RuneScape map filled with old cities like Falador and Varrock, any new towns have to be on the outer edge, like Meiyerditch, the Iceberg, etc.. And in most of the cases anything you can do in an 'outer city' is also present in a 'core city', which is less effort to reach. Therefore the outer cities are only visited for services found nowhere else, like the Blood Altar, the Dorgesh-Kaan agility Course and so on.

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

Where is this Bank deposit box you speak of?

You unlock it after 'Rocking Out' quest, you'll know where it is as you have to use it during the quest.

OT - Nardah, its such a quiet place

2376/2376 total achieved - May 2009

Retired Dec 2009

well unlike stated earlier i find the elf lands very useful. Fastest place to pick flax, one of the best places for addy minning(7 addy rocks within 2 squares of eachother), place to make 350k/hour with whiteberies, best magic tree spot in the game... now only if the hunting creatures were any usefull :x

Y_Z.png

well unlike stated earlier i find the elf lands very useful. Fastest place to pick flax, one of the best places for addy minning(7 addy rocks within 2 squares of eachother), place to make 350k/hour with whiteberies, best magic tree spot in the game... now only if the hunting creatures were any usefull :x
I'd probably use it if it didn't always make me think wistfully about napalm.

RANGING GUILD!! Worst of them all! Who goes there? Other than people getting a ranged cape, or buying rune throwing axes for DK's, NO ONE! It has one mini-game, but has PATHETIC rewards (you'll actually lose money!) and pathetic exp in both the mini-game and its "training area". The training area, oh dear god. They hit hard, you can't pick up your arrows, you have to use a longbow... The "armor" salesman sells.... leather armor! Oh COME ON! It's for +40 rangers! The tanner is far away from a bank, and therefore useless in light of al-kharid's tanner. Tribal weapons.. wtf? They suck, badly. Javelins are super-inaccurate and super-slow. Throwing axes are also very inaccurate. The only RATIONAL use for them is using the rune axe's spec for getting to DK's, and then you only need ONE! The bow and arrow shop.. guess what? We already have one, it's called HICKTON'S [bleep] ARCHERY EMPORIUM!! It's right next to a bloody bank! This "guild" should either get a COMPLETE overhaul, or just be deleted out of the game for bringing such shame on the entire ranging skill...

^This.

Ranging Guild is VERY, VERY PATHETIC. Only use for it is Combat Bracelet teleport if you need to visit the Ardougne farming patch. And even then you can use Skills Necklace to teleport to the Fishing Guild. :?

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

port sarim is under updated... like really nothing to do there except get to karaja... karamja?

not used except for that

Excuses are tools of incompetence that builds monuments of nothingness. Those who specialize in excuses never accomplish anything.
If the world does end on December 21, 2012, I want to be doing hot stuff with Megan Fox and/or playing Runescape :D

I did some tests and hunting pawya and grenwall together is about 100k profit an hour and more xp an hour than red chinchompas. It's also far more enjoyable.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8