Smartest person on earth

Zierro

The people I think are smartest have already been mentioned so I'll add another that hasn't been yet; Martin Luther King. He realised that violence was not the way to solve problems, he fought for equality with reasoning and compassion. And he made white and black people both sit up and think about the reasons they had been told to hate each other and to break down the walls.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Homer (not simpson)

The man who wrote the odessy? Isn't there speculation that he isn't even real?

I vote gandhi

Gmeshsig2.jpg

Shout to LowFatMilk for the sig! Doin your body and sig good :lol:

I would agree with Leonardo Da Vinci not only did he excel as an artist but also as a sculptor, engineer, biologist and chemist (poisoning anyway). He was literally centuries ahead in many of these fields, his wide-reaching intellectual curiousity is almost unparalleled in my opinion.

Andrenal - Gutenberg printed the Gutenberg Bible on his mechanical press.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

The cavemen who made tools fire and the wheel for the first time. Where would we be today without them. [/thread]

that was a collection of numerous different people, and was created by different people, at different times, multiply times in the past, all independently

True. But for the capabilities of their brains at the time it is amazing that they invented tools.

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

That guy that came up for the cure of _______.

But to be serious, I'd say Bill Gates, I don't think snyone knew how to make the internet except him. (bad guess/person, I know)

Bill gates did not invent the internet... -.-

Right, Bill Gates only created Windows. (Linux is better anyway, Windows is only used because of its compability with most applications and games...)

But no one has said Tim Berners-Lee yet. He's the creator of WWW. Without him we wouldn't be talking about anything here ;)

Al Gore. He invented the internet, and God knows how life would suck without the internet.

:o I thought that was Tim Berners-Lee?

Smartest person ever, eh... As Stilev said, there's numerous answers, just depends what fields you're thinking about when you say 'smart'. Right now I have great admiration for Philippe Petit (saw Man On Wire last night... ::' )

Da Vinci, maybe...

Al Gore. He invented the internet, and God knows how life would suck without the internet.
Seriously? You didn't know Al Gore invented the internet, even after all his ramblings about it?

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

I think Isaac Newton was more influential than Einstein, he was an experimentalist and a theorist and his insights were more unique at the time. As good as Einstein was (and his physical intuition was unparalleled) I don't think relativity would have gone underdiscovered for long if he hadn't been around. I'm not so sure about gravitation and Newton's other theories.

Other than that I'd say Carl Friedrich Gauss ("the prince of mathematics"), David Hume (empirical philosopher), Linus Pauling (chemist) and John Maynard Keynes (economist). All stood out above their contempories.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

The people I think are smartest have already been mentioned so I'll add another that hasn't been yet; Martin Luther King. He realised that violence was not the way to solve problems, he fought for equality with reasoning and compassion.

He learned that from Gandhi ::'

Einstein is overrated to be honest. The math behind it isn't really all that difficult nor would it have someone else taken long to derive it from Maxwell's laws.

Seriously? You didn't know Al Gore invented the internet, even after all his ramblings about it?

No.. :?

The smartest person would have taught modesty--and I would commit a crime by speaking his name.

So he will remain immortal in everything except name, his knowledge drowning the legacy of his identity, exalted only by the curiosity and intelligence displayed by those like him.

He... is an ideal. And he... does not exist.

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here..."

I think Isaac Newton was more influential than Einstein, he was an experimentalist and a theorist and his insights were more unique at the time. As good as Einstein was (and his physical intuition was unparalleled) I don't think relativity would have gone underdiscovered for long if he hadn't been around. I'm not so sure about gravitation and Newton's other theories.

I agree with you the Sir Isaac Newton had one of the greatest minds in history, but not due to his discovery of gravity. It was a discovery after all, since it's always been there. Someone was bound to notice it at some point. No, I believe Newton was a genius considering he invented the cat flap. It takes a man of true genius to invent a door within a door.

hiccup.png

I don't know. Einstein seems like a likely candidate, relativity was a work of pure genius.

It depends on the fields on which you define 'Smartest'. Being a brilliant politician can't really be compared to being a brilliant mathematician.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Caveman. He make fire.

Beautiful fire... :twisted:

Thre are a lot of people who you woudl associate smart with but it depends, a lot of people are the smartest at what they do but i dont think there is somebody who is smart enuogh to be smart at everything? I dunno, im Rambilng :roll:

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Caveman. He make fire.

Beautiful fire... :twisted:

Thre are a lot of people who you woudl associate smart with but it depends, a lot of people are the smartest at what they do but i dont think there is somebody who is smart enuogh to be smart at everything? I dunno, im Rambilng :roll:

I think the fire thing was just an accident.

However, I'd say whoever invented the spear and whoever invented the wheel were the smartest people.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

If you think about it, Jesus is definately up there. If he was the son of god he would have been infinately intelligent etc... And if he was just a normal man, he was smart enough to con millions, billions into basing a religion after him. I dont see eintein having his own religion :)

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

the spear thought was quite a nice idea

on that thought, the many people who invented the bow independant of each other deserve some credit as does the person who took gunpowder and made it into a gun

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

the spear thought was quite a nice idea

on that thought, the many people who invented the bow independant of each other deserve some credit as does the person who took gunpowder and made it into a gun

The spear was the Grandfather of all those. Arrows = Mini spears. Bullets = even smaller spears.

The spear was the greatest hunting tool invented, being the first. It could be thrown if needed too.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198