Tip.It Times: 17 May 2009

n_odie

I think mutli or shared areas should have some boundaries (I am chosing to ignore the obvious flaws with tht article in favour of actually commenting on what it was about)

At a place such as Avainsies I think it is downright pathetic if someone purposefully attacks the avainsie you are attacking and continues to do so. However if you have been using 2 spawns and they attack the one you are currently NOT killing its fair enough, its not your spawn afterall.

I also think the pathetic people who half kill in single combat then run away to half kill another for fast slayer xp and drops are down right pathetic, if you want the xp do the leg work.

Though in other areas it can become blurred, eg the red chinchompa training grounds, there's 2 or 3 of them at each spot and for the fastest xp you want 1 person and 5 traps. But at the same time the spot can easily sustain decent xp with 1 - 3 people. And there is more than 1 spawn so at what point it becomes wrong to spot steal there is a grey area.

The thorn in my side comes from mining power trianing, when you have been at a spot for hours and someone else comes along and then insist you have stolen their spot is just ridiculous.

At the end of the day it all comes down to the person, it'd be great if everyone showed some basic courtesy and didn;t try to kill or spot steal, but at the same time you can't expect to "own" more than 1 spawn and shouldn't get too riled if you "lose" one.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow the first Tip.it article I've read and been disappointed in.

Kill Stealing

Please, please ensure if your going to write an article that you don't mix fact and fiction. By simply actually going there and experiencing the GWD avis slaying side of things you could have created a far, far better article.

If your writing an article about something make sure you either have very reliable sources or have done it yourself.

I am extremely disappointed this article got past the editing board. I would advise the article is either rewritten or removed as its only going to confuse people who have never been there. I would hate to see anyone die in game over this article.

Sorry if I sound harsh but Tip.it has higher standards then this.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I have a small feeling MageHat's just some wannabe blogger who wants to make a crap article like the blog about RS making kids fat (because you can eat a full inv of swordies in a row apparently). Anyone who've been to Aviansies will know that you can't onehitk0 an aviansie, let alone use a godsword against them. I could of wrote the damn article better in 5 minutes and about 15 minutes of research. Eugh, articles like this disgust me, there are no frickin' unwritten rules, it's survival of the fittest in RuneScape, if you suck at the game, you get forced out, simple as that.

My idea about how this 'MageHat' made the article -

She asked people about a good moneymaking method with multi

People said Aviansies

She looked up Gwd setups to Aviansies

She did not notice you can't melee them and it's a fact that melee > ranged mostly, so she wrote about GodSwords.

She failed and we are flaming her right now because of the epic failureness of the article is disgusting.

Good job on the appropriate edits. :-) =D>

Doesn't of course mean I wholly agree with you, and some of your grammar etc is still wrong, but you've certainly improved it! :-)

I am extremely disappointed this article got past the editing board. I would advise the article is either rewritten or removed as its only going to confuse people who have never been there. I would hate to see anyone die in game over this article.

Very good point about a potential risk to inexperienced players.

Woo I was looking forward to this week's ::'

EDIT: Good articles I was a little confused about the aviansie one...How can other players with Godswords KS :?

And the Obama interview made me chuckle :lol:

Same, how can you kill avianses with a whip or gs?

Obama one was hilarious though :lol:

Edit: I agree with the prayer one though

If you have it, use it. Everything is fair in war (except back stabbing or attacking an opponent after a fight, at least for me)

and if you spent millions getting 70+ prayer, use piety+pro melee all you want (because of the huge def boost, I'd telly away for being unable to counter that lols)

Ss4goku264.png

ss4goku264.png

Mm.. I enjoyed the second article the most.

If we look past the Melee thing (which seems to be such a HUGE deal :? ) I can see what you are saying. More and more players only think about their own success. Thank god that there still are people in the world who care about other people.

I was actually surprised to see that people aren't flaming you over the main point of the article (KSing, not giving a [bleep] about others) like I have experienced earlier when talking about the same topic (not about KSing, but about not caring the slightest bit of others' inconvenience caused by one's actions).. no, people rather throw napalm on you over the Melee thing.

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

I found the articles written this week to be full of mistakes and didn't give a very good discussion value.

The Obama article was funny through a reason to really read a fictional article than a discussion type article and the prayer article has been here since the begining its just had different things (BH,Clan War,etc.) to use it for through honor is taken very seriously.

It's "Effect", not "Affect", for the title of the first article.

ef·fect

Noun

Something brought about by a cause or agent; a result.

affect

Verb

1. to influence (someone or something):

207pd9y.jpgHubs55.png

~Fire cape achieved at combat lvl 80~

BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~

In regards to the article on PvP:

Why 'shouldn't' the rarer items like Dragon Full and DFS be obtainable from PvP kills? The article strongly suggests that those drops (among others) should remain PvM, but that is a very one-sided opinion. Before, they were only obtainable (by they, I mean the Dragon Full specificly) from Mithril Dragons, and now they have 2 sources in the game. PvP is a big part of RS, whether some of us like it or not, so why should those who prefer killing players than NPCs be left out from gifts like these. Granted, from the sounds of things the drop-rate is more common than from Mith Dragons (I wouldn't know personally, I don't really PK, but looking at the price fall I'd guess they are) but really? Like someone else posted, they are far over-priced compared to their usefullness. Dragon is pretty much obsolete compared with the more powerful (and ironically cheaper) armours available, and it saddens me that poorer players aren't really able to use Dragon as the next appropriate step on there way to becoming better equipped, but that's a rant for another time.

Oh, and the reason GWD were excluded? Erm, my guess would be because those drops are from BOSS monsters, which no matter however which way you put it, Mith Dragons are not.

Please tell me how PvP is such a big part of RS? Last I checked, there were under 15 worlds for PvP, out of 160 or so. Now yes there are many PvP games, but only those few allow drops. And most of the worlds are some of the less filled during the most populated times of the day. Often I find them when searching for the lowest populated worlds when trying to do Slayer or something.

Why should PvP worlds be so special that they can have a rare drop such as the Dragon Full Helm giving a higher percentage of dropping than when slaying Mithril Dragons? Someone who goes and stands in a world with armour and a teleport should get that much better of a chance to get rich?

I can say I haven't checked out the new "Bounty Hunter", but the old PvP worlds were filled with PJ'ers. They sat there, prayed melee, and used specials to try to steal kills. Addressing two articles of this week in one, prayer is fine if you're actually fighting and not being pathetic, and stealing kills period just shows immaturity. How is it fair that that one person can KO someone who was in a fight and making the other person eat where the attack setting, or however you want to state it, reset where they could get attacked by another person and killed? The person who was fighting them then could or couldn't get the drop, while the player who stole the kill could get the Dragon Full Helm for doing nothing but doing a cheap shop?

Well, PvP IS a fairly large portion of the game... remember, before the RWT updates ALL worlds were PvP (remember the Wilderness? You know, the large area dominating most of the NE map). You're point about PvP worlds being less populated than other worlds during peak times, but the explanation for this is that PvP worlds aren't specifically for doing much else. Skillers/people who don't like PvP that much are not going to visit PvP worlds to do their normal training are they? Unless they're prepared, they'll spend more time dodging fights than anything else. I'm not bashing you, but I'm just trying to explain that PvP is and always has been a popular thing in RS.

We both agree that those drops are too common compared to their NPC-hunting counterparts, but PvP worlds should be that special because there is a good risk when logging into those worlds. PJer's are a problem but really, there's not a lot at the minute in the way of stopping them.

pathetic article about the aviansies. it sounds like she doesnt even know what the game is about. "a guy with a zammy stole and fury"???? they're both weilded in the neck spot. and evryone knows that you cant use melee on them and there are only a few monsters in the erie(sp?) that you can. sara sword and whip? how did this article get by the editors cause my little brother could do better with 10 minutes of research. i love the Times, but this upsets me that something like this would waste my time when it was clearly done with very little knowledge of runescape.

---a frustrated reader.

When she mentioned the zammy stole, she said it was "cape-thing from the treasure trails" implying that she meant the zamorak CLOAK, not the stole.

That being said, the mistake shouldn't of been there in the first place, and you still can't melee aviansies...

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

The PvP thing is annoying but the article is nothing more than rant. We can all spout off at how PvP has ruined the economy. Hell I'm peeved that the best way to train most non-combat skills now involve PvP. For example agility sucks, I can get 42k an hour thats it. However with the brawlers, it becomes so much easier. However Jagex made them untradeable?!? Why? At least let the PvP'rs give something back to the skilling community.

Also the KS article was a joke. Are you mods sure it was a guest article? Surely "fictional article" would have served better. Anyway it's just another rant, and the point is moot as it's obviously one big lie. How this passed quality control I do not know. Person responsible should apply for a job at Jagex :lol:

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

I'm wondering what the heck "avianties" are, and how you kill them with a whip. The Obama one was stupid IMO, although I enjoyed the PvP prayer article.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

It was a rather hectic week for me and the other editors and it showed on the times. I have removed the guest article but am going to post in below for reference for those referring to it in this thread. The other articles are fine. Darkdudes is a great topic that some fine discussion has taken place from and the fictional was a rather unique piece that I think is doing well.

I will get the interviews back on das article some time today. I have to recode everything due to a computer formatting that happened this weekend. :|

[hide=KSing & GWD]MageHat

After reading Manoman's article from the April 26th issue, I feel, for the first time, I need to share my feelings on the matter. My RSN has a space between the two words that comprise my Forum Nick, so you can see my stats for yourself. I have been playing RS in almost exactly the way Manoman describes, except for the fact that I did not change characters, or "broke rs" (rofl!). I started playing in the year 2001 (or the end of 2000, the age factor's hard work here), and have been playing since. I, unlike the average player, am a woman a little under 30, and, of course, LOVE RS.

One of the little perks of playing so long is having "nice" (not nearly as good as I'd like) stats. Although I have not always been the most law-abiding RS player, I have, until this very day, never broken any of the "reportable" rules. I have always tried to be courteous toward my fellow players, even when they have been mean to me, which is why my Ignore list is pretty long.

I must confess to being a really big scaredy cat, which is why the first time I ever set foot in the GWD was about 40 days ago, at the sweet combat level of 125. I am only there for one thing, and one thing alone, at the moment. I understand it is a painful subject for a great many players, but here it is: I kill Aviantese (or "Aviansies") as people sometime refer to them.

I love parking there for a week at a time, getting a KC of over 1k. In fact, it's one of my favorite things to do on RS at the moment. As I am always short on cash (I skill a lot), and play very few hours a week, Aviantese provide a very good income. My (and many other players') problem is simply "KS". These two letters hold so many feelings in them - scorn, insult, anger, feelings on injustice, self-righteousness, and sometimes even denial.

It may be a player of any and all levels, who suddenly appears, likely after a bad experience on crowded worlds, and starts shooting the same NPC you're training on at the moment. Usually, it's an honest mistake, and the simple word "off" lands you peace & quiet, and often an apology, too, but sometimes it's not. When you come across lower-level users, this may be forgivable, as you can easily best them and they give up fast. I am writing to you today to share an ongoing torture: a very high leveled player, maybe even as high as 136-8, may log in near you, with a better armor by an order of 6 at least (6 times better armor), and you, who has little money, certainly not enough for a GodSword, find yourself battling a player who (on one occasion) can KO an Aviansie. Now, as I said, I am not completely without sin, and have, in the past, done the same to players who annoyed me, but never for more than one kill.

I will tell you of a time (sounding like a really old lady, there). I was minding my own business, killing Aviantese spawning in 2 specific points, attacking 1 while my fire titan attacks the other. After a while of peace & quiet (which is what I love about this place), a player logs in with a whopping 135 combat level. He's wearing full Armadyl with a Sara GodSword and a Zammy stole (cape-thing from the treasure trails), a fury and Bandos Boots. He then proceeds to kill a few higher-leveled Aviantese, and once those have been finished off, he then turns around, attacks my Aviansie level-73, and KOs it. Yes, you read correctly, killed it in one hit!

After requesting nicely that he does not attack my 2 spawns, as he has at least 4 other near spawns, and getting another thieving KO, I was faced with 2 options: 1. Being a loser and trying to fight him with my miserable whip, armadyl pendant, Zammy book and Sara stole, or 2. Switching worlds. After a very long contemplation (and 4 more KOs), I had a real enlightenment.

I came to realize that no matter what you do, the thief does not care. Those players who KS could not actually care less if I switch worlds, or try & fight them (with obviously very limited success, considering my gear). They do not care how long I have been in the same spot, undisturbed. They do not care how much you need the money from the drops. All they care about is themselves, their training, their drops. I then came to realize that there could be ups as well as the obvious downs to such a behavior.

A selfish person, as I am sure you all agree those KSing-players are, can make a lot of money, and xp, very fast. Such a player can then focus on other things that interest him more than training ranged (or magic) at the aviantese, and make the most of their time on RS. I can relate to this guideline, if it is indeed the guideline, as I am always (as stated before) after more money for skilling, but cannot see myself KSing for a living. It defies the deepest laws of one's self. I find it hard to believe these players do not have those laws embedded in their souls, as I am sure they act quite to the opposite in Real Life. I find it hard to understand the thought process of those players.

I thought about writing more on the subject, but would rather hear from you. A healthy discussion on the matter of unwritten rules of behavior in multi-way combat areas as well as player curtsy might be exactly what is needed to rid ourselves of such players. It may even bring forth solutions I have not thought of until now. So, without further ado, I am now finishing this article, in the hopes of starting nothing less than a revolution of the way we play the game.[/hide]

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

It was a rather hectic week for me and the other editors and it showed on the times. I have removed the guest article but am going to post in below for reference for those referring to it in this thread. The other articles are fine. Darkdudes is a great topic that some fine discussion has taken place from and the fictional was a rather unique piece that I think is doing well.

I will get the interviews back on das article some time today. I have to recode everything due to a computer formatting that happened this weekend. :|

After reading Manoman's article from the April 26th issue, I feel, for the first time, I need to share my feelings on the matter. My RSN has a space between the two words that comprise my Forum Nick, so you can see my stats for yourself. I have been playing RS in almost exactly the way Manoman describes, except for the fact that I did not change characters, or "broke rs" (rofl!). I started playing in the year 2001 (or the end of 2000, the age factor's hard work here), and have been playing since. I, unlike the average player, am a woman a little under 30, and, of course, LOVE RS.

One of the little perks of playing so long is having "nice" (not nearly as good as I'd like) stats. Although I have not always been the most law-abiding RS player, I have, until this very day, never broken any of the "reportable" rules. I have always tried to be courteous toward my fellow players, even when they have been mean to me, which is why my Ignore list is pretty long.

I must confess to being a really big scaredy cat, which is why the first time I ever set foot in the GWD was about 40 days ago, at the sweet combat level of 125. I am only there for one thing, and one thing alone, at the moment. I understand it is a painful subject for a great many players, but here it is: I kill Aviantese (or "Aviansies") as people sometime refer to them.

I love parking there for a week at a time, getting a KC of over 1k. In fact, it's one of my favorite things to do on RS at the moment. As I am always short on cash (I skill a lot), and play very few hours a week, Aviantese provide a very good income. My (and many other players') problem is simply "KS". These two letters hold so many feelings in them - scorn, insult, anger, feelings on injustice, self-righteousness, and sometimes even denial.

It may be a player of any and all levels, who suddenly appears, likely after a bad experience on crowded worlds, and starts shooting the same NPC you're training on at the moment. Usually, it's an honest mistake, and the simple word "off" lands you peace & quiet, and often an apology, too, but sometimes it's not. When you come across lower-level users, this may be forgivable, as you can easily best them and they give up fast. I am writing to you today to share an ongoing torture: a very high leveled player, maybe even as high as 136-8, may log in near you, with a better armor by an order of 6 at least (6 times better armor), and you, who has little money, certainly not enough for a GodSword, find yourself battling a player who (on one occasion) can KO an Aviansie. Now, as I said, I am not completely without sin, and have, in the past, done the same to players who annoyed me, but never for more than one kill.

I will tell you of a time (sounding like a really old lady, there). I was minding my own business, killing Aviantese spawning in 2 specific points, attacking 1 while my fire titan attacks the other. After a while of peace & quiet (which is what I love about this place), a player logs in with a whopping 135 combat level. He's wearing full Armadyl with a Sara GodSword and a Zammy stole (cape-thing from the treasure trails), a fury and Bandos Boots. He then proceeds to kill a few higher-leveled Aviantese, and once those have been finished off, he then turns around, attacks my Aviansie level-73, and KOs it. Yes, you read correctly, killed it in one hit!

After requesting nicely that he does not attack my 2 spawns, as he has at least 4 other near spawns, and getting another thieving KO, I was faced with 2 options: 1. Being a loser and trying to fight him with my miserable whip, armadyl pendant, Zammy book and Sara stole, or 2. Switching worlds. After a very long contemplation (and 4 more KOs), I had a real enlightenment.

I came to realize that no matter what you do, the thief does not care. Those players who KS could not actually care less if I switch worlds, or try & fight them (with obviously very limited success, considering my gear). They do not care how long I have been in the same spot, undisturbed. They do not care how much you need the money from the drops. All they care about is themselves, their training, their drops. I then came to realize that there could be ups as well as the obvious downs to such a behavior.

A selfish person, as I am sure you all agree those KSing-players are, can make a lot of money, and xp, very fast. Such a player can then focus on other things that interest him more than training ranged (or magic) at the aviantese, and make the most of their time on RS. I can relate to this guideline, if it is indeed the guideline, as I am always (as stated before) after more money for skilling, but cannot see myself KSing for a living. It defies the deepest laws of one's self. I find it hard to believe these players do not have those laws embedded in their souls, as I am sure they act quite to the opposite in Real Life. I find it hard to understand the thought process of those players.

I thought about writing more on the subject, but would rather hear from you. A healthy discussion on the matter of unwritten rules of behavior in multi-way combat areas as well as player curtsy might be exactly what is needed to rid ourselves of such players. It may even bring forth solutions I have not thought of until now. So, without further ado, I am now finishing this article, in the hopes of starting nothing less than a revolution of the way we play the game.[/hide]

Hallelujah. Thank you! =D>

As many have pointed out, it is impossible to attak an Aviansie with melee, least of all one-hit-ko it. I thought that article was a bit pathetic really, nobody owns another monster and if you fail to protect "your" spawns then that is your own fault. If other people are courteous and try to find empty worlds then great, but don't expect people to adhere to ridiculous demands on a game of anonymity.

I think they might actually be able to be to receive a one hit knock out using some of the higher bolts with a high effect, such as Dragon Bolts maybe? Not sure. But if you're attacking two spawns, and normally kill one before the other comes back, then I believe it's your spawn still. But if you can't kill it with the other dead, it's game. But if you say have to bank and come back, I believe it's still your spot because you were there but had to make a quick run. I guess I'm just a courteous player...

Regarding prayer, I think it's quite appropriate to use it. I don't always in PvP because I don't want the battle to drag on and on, I'd rather save the prayer for a protect prayer. I'm not a massive PKer, It's just something I do every now and again. I'd rather eat to regain health *shrugs*

Rofl Obama :lol:

Dragging on a battle seems to be so bad by how people are talking. Why? Is it because the fight lasts longer? Is the attention span of a PK'er shorter than someone fighting monsters such as Tormented Demons that use prayers? I think if you want to use them, go ahead. You have the option, and if someone uses them against you, they have a right. But I do get bothered by the Player Jumpers who pray melee for the whole time they are in any dangerous area and if you try to PK them, they teleport or run and call you names but they think they are allowed to go and spec people all the time. Anyone care to explain how that works? And how JaGeX just doesn't make more quick chat options relating to PvP and mute those worlds to stop all the flaming?

I think mutli or shared areas should have some boundaries (I am chosing to ignore the obvious flaws with tht article in favour of actually commenting on what it was about)

At a place such as Avainsies I think it is downright pathetic if someone purposefully attacks the avainsie you are attacking and continues to do so. However if you have been using 2 spawns and they attack the one you are currently NOT killing its fair enough, its not your spawn afterall.

I also think the pathetic people who half kill in single combat then run away to half kill another for fast slayer xp and drops are down right pathetic, if you want the xp do the leg work.

Though in other areas it can become blurred, eg the red chinchompa training grounds, there's 2 or 3 of them at each spot and for the fastest xp you want 1 person and 5 traps. But at the same time the spot can easily sustain decent xp with 1 - 3 people. And there is more than 1 spawn so at what point it becomes wrong to spot steal there is a grey area.

The thorn in my side comes from mining power trianing, when you have been at a spot for hours and someone else comes along and then insist you have stolen their spot is just ridiculous.

At the end of the day it all comes down to the person, it'd be great if everyone showed some basic courtesy and didn;t try to kill or spot steal, but at the same time you can't expect to "own" more than 1 spawn and shouldn't get too riled if you "lose" one.

I've commented earlier in this post about the killing 2 spawns thing so read above if you haven't.

I've noticed since Soul Wars has entered the game, those half killers are leaving the areas and going there instead. I've found a lot fewer of them doing as such, but this bothers me as well. Soul Wars is the cheapest experience ever. JaGeX really messed up by giving extremely excessive rewards that make it so easy for people to appear as a "good" player. Notice how so many fewer people are complaining against it compared to when Pest Control came out? It's because JaGeX has drove a lot of the old players out, not with their updates for the most part, but by instead focusing on some things that could of waited and not working on getting their players to use respect and actually follow the rules. In fact, it seems they are going farther against it. Yes they made a new rules system, but notice how they focused on giving Permanent Mute and Banned players to re-appeal if their others were denied? Right after making a quick chat system for them? Why not focus a little more on your current players that follow the rules and give us something beneficial to it for following the rules?...

Well, PvP IS a fairly large portion of the game... remember, before the RWT updates ALL worlds were PvP (remember the Wilderness? You know, the large area dominating most of the NE map). You're point about PvP worlds being less populated than other worlds during peak times, but the explanation for this is that PvP worlds aren't specifically for doing much else. Skillers/people who don't like PvP that much are not going to visit PvP worlds to do their normal training are they? Unless they're prepared, they'll spend more time dodging fights than anything else. I'm not bashing you, but I'm just trying to explain that PvP is and always has been a popular thing in RS.

We both agree that those drops are too common compared to their NPC-hunting counterparts, but PvP worlds should be that special because there is a good risk when logging into those worlds. PJer's are a problem but really, there's not a lot at the minute in the way of stopping them.

You and I both know that the Wilderness was one of the best parts of RuneScape, so obviously I remember it. But even then, PvP was NOT that big. You might have 10 players in most worlds if that that used it, otherwise you had to go to certain worlds which still were not that popular. And yes, there's not that much to do but kill, but the fact that almost every other world has more people, meaning like 155 worlds have a greater average. PvP just isn't that big anymore, so many of the old school PvP people quit because of the lack of the excitement of these new attempts at it.

Hurrah for common sense!

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

In regards to the prayer in PvP:

I for one have mixed emotions about prayer in PvP. I am 85 prayer, at 116+10 combat. Having my prayer higher and boosting my combat is a tad unfair to the guy that is 99 attack and strength at my same level. :wall: I think that since I am the same level, I should get to use the abilities I have earned, just as my opponent has. When you are getting owned, what else can you do but try and level the playing field?

On the other hand, I hate it more than almost anything else in PvP when an opponent puts on prayer. It's just one of the things that makes you say to yourself "I am wasting my time." Prayer slows down fights, gives less chance of kills, and it is commonly looked down upon. :shame:

I guess i'm sort of caught in the middle. I don't use protection prayers, but rather use my 85 prayer for extended use of piety and protect item. If only people didn't hate you for the skill that you put so much time and money into. If we shouldn't use prayer in fights, why bother leveling it?

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

Why does the author thinks jagex focusses too much on pvp? Before the wildy got removed, there were NEVER pvp updates, you just had the wilderness.

The only solution to fight rwt was randomised drops, and they should've implemented it in the old wild from the start.

Jagex needs to fix the pvp rewards even more. Like:

- Make pvp armour either untradeable and not degradable (only pro pkers can collect full sets)

- Add godwars items to the worlds, just make it very rare drops.

- Make the droprate for dragonfire shields and dragon full helmets lower

- REMOVE the target system, it doesn't prevent people from RWT anymore and it's complete BS that i can get a dfs pk from an unskulled guy with no items. It's anoying because your target can PJ your fight etc.

Then it would be perfect <3:

thats just how the market goes anyways. rs changes the prices, not the players....... also are you complaining that some people made profit off selling stocked up sharks? isnt that what merchanting is? supply and demand. pathetic, jsut becuz u wernt the one to hit jackpot doesnt mean you gotta screw everyone else over

i disagree with your post :wall:

Why does the author thinks jagex focusses too much on pvp? Before the wildy got removed, there were NEVER pvp updates, you just had the wilderness.

The only solution to fight rwt was randomised drops, and they should've implemented it in the old wild from the start.

Jagex needs to fix the pvp rewards even more. Like:

- Make pvp armour either untradeable and not degradable (only pro pkers can collect full sets)

- Add godwars items to the worlds, just make it very rare drops.

- Make the droprate for dragonfire shields and dragon full helmets lower

- REMOVE the target system, it doesn't prevent people from RWT anymore and it's complete BS that i can get a dfs pk from an unskulled guy with no items. It's anoying because your target can PJ your fight etc.

Then it would be perfect <3:

I don't have a problem with the idea of random drops, it's just the items which are dropped I have a problem with. If Jagex wanted expensive items in PvP then they should have made the PvP armour/weapons more useful so they would be worth more then they are - this would have got rid of the need to have other expensive drops in PvP.

Prayer:

I have no problem with people using piety or any other attack boosting prayer. Protection prayers should only be used when someone doesn't want to fight (if you're being barraged from a distance). However, if you are fighting 1 on 1 , you shouldn't pray, because if you do, so will your opponent and that just makes the fight long and boring.

Armour:

Armour is something to be earned and if you have it, you should be allowed to use it. The only exception I see is Pvp, since it doesn't matter anymore if you lose Ahrims or mystic robes thanks to the 25k losing rule.

Why fight in rune? You could just as well both fight in addy and still get the same rewards, but lose less when you die.

Potions:

Use em all you like.

Magic:

As long as you don't farcast, you can use it.

• 2 weeks later...

All's fair in the wilderness really because there are technically no rules.. but the problem most people have (myself included) is similar to what the member of DI who was interviewed in the Prayer/PvP article said: they're too powerful. If both parties used a protection prayer (it's one thing if you're melee fighting and you see a magic pjer nearby and pray mage to protect yourself in the event of a victory, not what I'm talking about here) the fight would be long and boring. 0,0,0, etc. They block too much damage and simply take the excitement out of a fight. The fun in PKing is the unpredictability, you could be comboing like mad and have your opponent scarfing sharks as fast as he can click, but one 40 with a whip in retaliation and suddenly you're on the defensive. With protection prayers, this wouldn't happen (even if both sides used Veracs it still would affect damage dealt). Farcasting, rushing, pjing, they're all tactics, IMO use them as you will. Prayer affects the flow of the fight, stops it really, unlike those tactics, hence where most draw the issue with prayer in PvP from.

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

There's cake through here, apparently.

PvP caused me alot of grief. I didn't attack high so I went to deep wildy and Pked newbies.

That was bad. I got pwned by a group of lvl80 mages and I had been skulled so I lost my full rune.(I only had 2k after buying full rune.)Luckily I picked myself up and used my rune pick to mine gold wich had had its price up soaring to the traditional 1k.

Its back to about 460 gp but my thought is that PvP is too depressing and expensive for me.

userbar1.gif