Runescape On Consoles *proof*

RSBDavid

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It probably won't be the same game. If they put RS on consoles, it'll most likely be a different version with altered game play. The graphics would be much better at least.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

neither one of them run java do they? i know my xbox doesnt and my wii well havnt tryed. But this seems rather nice to see. runescape Call of duty! love to see that lol.

koolcookie0.png

Goals: 15m Slayer xp | 85 Herblore | 75+ All Stats | Chaotic Rapier | 125k/200k Tokens

and I love oblivion...I think it's going to be a download game though, like castle crashers...

and you don't need Java to run runescape(you use a sun java vm). Runescape is programmed in it's own language. I'm sure they could tweak it to run on any platform.

w4M8t.png

If they put rs out on consoles I think it would be rs due to the fact they havent done it until now eg consoles go online.

Also for wii woodcutting i doubt it'd be like tht. It'd be wii remote = mouse..

Unl;ess of course it was a "armies of Glienor" ordeal eg rs world game but not rs

But from the context given it'd suggest actual rs on consoles

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

All you need is java on the browsers of the consoles and there you go.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

I can see the wii version:

you're at bandos gwd tanking and you need to eat because graardor just hit hard on you, you are about to click your shark when: * POP UP * do you know too much gaming isn't good for you, try wii fit instead and keep your body in shape, dam... you'd be totally screwed...

however... ps3 would be nice, just having the controller and watching at your tv screen while your laying in bed...

PurplSlayR.png

PurplSlayR.png

neither one of them run java do they? i know my xbox doesnt and my wii well havnt tryed. But this seems rather nice to see. runescape Call of duty! love to see that lol.

They have a c++ version of it aready as thy have stated previously.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Nice to hear. Since RuneScape is written in RuneScript, which is read by Java (I think that's how their system works), it should be quite possible for them to port it to many different languages. Maybe RuneScape on the iPhone next? :D

Nice to hear. Since RuneScape is written in RuneScript, which is read by Java (I think that's how their system works), it should be quite possible for them to port it to many different languages. Maybe an RuneScape on the iPhone next? :D

I am not sure the iPhone has a good enough processor to run rs.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

mep1-zooka = RPG (rocket-proppeled grenade, not role playing game)

or would rpg = dbow?

msb would definitely be an ak-74u <3:

Indie_Kids.png

"Don't push me; what's the hurry?" - Imogen Heap

FYI: I spend my time in his clan chat, and he's known to joke around. Without being able to see the conversation as a whole, this could be way out of context. Also, Jagex would not announce such a grand thing in a clan chat.

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem..

Nice to hear. Since RuneScape is written in RuneScript, which is read by Java (I think that's how their system works), it should be quite possible for them to port it to many different languages. Maybe an RuneScape on the iPhone next? :D

I am not sure the iPhone has a good enough processor to run rs.

It has quite high graphical capabilities, but yeah, I guess RuneScape has a lot of detail in its gameplay.

and you don't need Java to run runescape(you use a sun java vm). Runescape is programmed in it's own language. I'm sure they could tweak it to run on any platform.

1) Try to run RuneScape without Java.

2) RuneScape is programmed with a scripting language (RuneScript), which is built on top of Java. So yes, you do need Java to run RS.

I knew about this, not to thrilled about it. Heard some rumblings that it would be done in C#, which doesn't seem right - why wouldn't they use C++ for this...?

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

2) RuneScape is programmed with a scripting language (RuneScript), which is built on top of Java. So yes, you do need Java to run RS.

I knew about this, not to thrilled about it. Heard some rumblings that it would be done in C#, which doesn't seem right - why wouldn't they use C++ for this...?

You missed his point

Its written in runescript whihc a java app inteprets.

Therefore all they need is to write a matching c++ or w/e app tht can read runescript and boom same game diff paltform

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

how will people type in-game on the console games?

an on-screen keyboard would be horrible and very slow to use, and they shouldn't expect people to go out and buy a keyboard solely to play RS on a playstation.

plus, would the monthly subscription still be in effect? The game itself may cost $30-$60 at first purchase, plus additional fees.

160vy.png

You missed his point

Therefore all they need is to write a matching c++ or w/e app tht can read runescript and boom same game diff paltform

No, I'm certain that he meant that RuneScript was its own standalone language, which I pointed out that it wasn't. Also, porting from one language to another is actually extremely difficult. (Ironically, that's why Java exists. :P) Getting RS to run on another platform, such as C++, would require porting some familiar Java-specific API calls, perhaps one to ArrayList, which simply does not exist in C++.

It's possible, just tedious. But that is neither here nor there. ;)

EDIT:

how will people type in-game on the console games?

an on-screen keyboard would be horrible and very slow to use, and they shouldn't expect people to go out and buy a keyboard solely to play RS on a playstation.

plus, would the monthly subscription still be in effect? The game itself may cost $30-$60 at first purchase, plus additional fees.

And this is why I always theorized that porting RuneScape to consoles was all but out of the question. There's a chance that you could use QuickChat, but using that to communicate with other RS players is about as helpful as using a foam cup to call your cousin in Hawaii.

I dunno, I'd actually like to see how they could pull this off.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

You missed his point

No, I'm certain that he meant that RuneScript was its own standalone language, which I pointed out that it wasn't. Also, porting from one language to another is actually extremely difficult. (Ironically, that's why Java exists. :P) Getting RS to run on another platform, such as C++, would require porting some familiar Java-specific API calls, perhaps one to ArrayList, which simply does not exist in C++.

It's possible, just tedious. But that is neither here nor there. ;)

My bad i totally mis noted who u quoted. I thought u'd quoted someone hu'd said about the java/runescript divide

Plv6Dz6.jpg