Runescape On Consoles *proof*

RSBDavid

Unless you guys are just talking about a future possibility, have any of you noticed the fact that this IS A BIG DEAL, and Jagex would not announce it in a clan chat. And the fact that Mark enjoys to joke around should be accounted for as well.

You're forgetting the fact that it's a prototype, it might be years before we even see it and they probably don't want to jump the gun like they did for Mobilizing Armies.

Trapt45.png

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you guys are just talking about a future possibility, have any of you noticed the fact that this IS A BIG DEAL, and Jagex would not announce it in a clan chat. And the fact that Mark enjoys to joke around should be accounted for as well.

You're forgetting the fact that it's a prototype, it might be years before we even see it and they probably don't want to jump the gun like they did for Mobilizing Armies.

And they still wouldn't announce it in a clan chat.. Things like this are announced at E3.

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem..

How often does Jagex announce big future plans on the front page of their websites? Never. They never said anything about Mechscape, new Runescape skills, the release of Funorb, or anything else big in a blatant fashion. Only Runescape skills were hinted at on the front page, and that was mere weeks before release.

Unless it was taken out of context, then the original poster's an idiot. But I see Runescape for consoles being possible, and I trust the thread creator didn't misunderstand what Mod Mmg meant.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

And they still wouldn't announce it in a clan chat.. Things like this are announced at E3.

Then why was it announced? If it is such a big deal, and not something they would announce in a clan chat... then would they joke about it? Would be unwise, to say the least.

Did they announce Mechscape at E3 right away?

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Ian has been talking to me for years about wanting to somehow communicate RS with voice channels, so voice chatting could possibly happen, although it would obviously cause some abuse and more people been banned/muted.

Edit: I got in trouble for this years ago (by the JMod himself) by screenshotting what Mods said/say to me and posting it, I don't see why all of a sudden "MMG" is allowed to even broadcast these things which could be true or rumours.

Edit: I got in trouble for this years ago (by the JMod himself) by screenshotting what Mods said/say to me and posting it, I don't see why all of a sudden "MMG" is allowed to even broadcast these things which could be true or rumours.

Ya, I'm with you here. Didn't he get admonished for doing this before?

Furthermore, porting Runescape to consoles would probably not benefit Jagex in any way. Even if it's a totally different game, only existing players would be interested.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Ya, I'm with you here. Didn't he get admonished for doing this before?

Furthermore, porting Runescape to consoles would probably not benefit Jagex in any way. Even if it's a totally different game, only existing players would be interested.

I got into serious trouble a few years ago regarding the matter and almost lost a friend because of it, yet random people can just screenshot MMG even though he's not their friend and post it, it makes no sense, Andrew needs to talk to his team and sort it out once and for all and say what can be said and what can't.

I don't see a problem with him saying these things, and people posting it IF they're definatly true. Otherwise he would merely be leading us on. :x

RS on the consoles will make some people happy, and others un-happy. Personally I'm "meh" about the situation, I find it highly unlikely the games will be linked, ie, players on the 360 will be playing alongside players on the PC. Simply because this wouldn't work very well.

However, I find it highly likely a small - different type of RS will be released for the consoles.

We'll just have to wait and see! :)

Love to see this, to bad we can't figure out why my [cabbage] Wii won't use internet... even though we bought a freakin USB thingy and everything... :wall:

I had the same problem, does your antivirus protection not allow other systems (besides your computer) to access your internet? If so, change it. If not, does your wii detect the usb thingy? Also, your computer has to be on to use the USB.

Yeah, you can't play RS on the wii anyways.

Sorry for straying off topic, but I remember when I got all hyped about a fake photo of an rs game for PS2, so I'm taking everything with a grain of salt.

Thanks! I'll try that today. How would you talk? I guess you would have to pull up a menu thing and click what you want to say... that could take a while though. Maybe they could make a keyboard?

Paragon.png

Oh wow, again the lucky few that happen to be in his cc find out the information while the rest of us are left in the dark. :roll: Why don't they post this stuff on the forums, I really don't see how it's fair that certain mods can just give information to a few players lucky enough to be in their cc's at the time and not everyone else.

I probably wouldn't play rs on a console, much easier to control using a pc. ::'

im just hoping for a game that is completely separate from the real runescape. like, in Gielenor, but not in the same place with the people on computer's. That, would be awesome, cause i got a brother who is a comp hog, so i can play a version of RS on my wii ::'

2203069_Fallout-3-Signature-Feel-Free-To-Use_620.jpg

This will be extremely interesting; I'm quite excited to see what they do for their C# version of RuneScape... ironically, my favorite language. Unfortunately this means Jagex will beat me to making the first large C# MMO. Ah well.

A Java to C# compiler... very interesting... *goes off murmuring*

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

Ragnarok Online was released on the DS, if I remember correctly. If wasn't an mmorpg format game, but it was a greatly modified version of the original mmo. If runescape ever were to be released for the consoles, I highly believe that this will be the same. I don't know of any full mmorpgs on a disc format for a console.

Not that I'm saying that'd be a bad idea though. The wii version could be craaazy.

Theres a few people saying how would you type, well on PS3 you can have a keyboard like this, i have one actually:

ps3_controller_keyboard_02.jpg

Also, you can even use a full size normal usb keyboard i think?

Maybe they have another thing like that for Wii. Or they'll come out with it soon enough.

Paragon.png

Theres a few people saying how would you type, well on PS3 you can have a keyboard like this, i have one actually:

Maybe they have another thing like that for Wii. Or they'll come out with it soon enough.

If all the original buttons were in proportion that would make the keys really tiny... Can't imagine trying to coordinate a clan event with one of those

Air_Dragon15.png

If Runescape actually comes out for the Xbox 360, I'll guarantee you all that there will be non stop DLC to be released. And with Microsoft charging each content, we'd be broke before we could even complete Dragon Slayer.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

If all the original buttons were in proportion that would make the keys really tiny... Can't imagine trying to coordinate a clan event with one of those

Hmm, it's actually suprisingly really good, takes a few hours to get used to but it's great once you do, i use it for emails on PSN as you can still hold your controller and it's so much better than the on screen one.

Greencheeese.png

greencheeese.png

Greencheeese.png

200m.png