9th June 2009 - Run Energy Update / Patch Notes

Johannas

I am a huge critic of Jagex, and I think that they have done little to nothing right this year, and the update quality has been terrible. However, I can firmly say that today's updates are all fantastic. Best work so far this year.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good, only offers made during the glitch were affected, and same to lent items. Makes me feel better. I was under the impression that offers were randomly wiped, but this makes more sense.

Lesson of the Day:

If you must log in after an update and find out theres glitching going on, then either log out or go hide in some corner of the world (normally I would say POH's but I guess that wasen't an option), like RuneCrafting alters or something. Don't trade, don't bank, don't lend. And don't expect Jagex to roll back 37 minutes of rampant glitching.

Supposedly items that were supposed to have been returned during the time period that it was glitched didn't work either - which could have happened to items lent last night.

I asked for communication about this, and this is what was replied (KFC:15-16-793-58949907)

june09h.png

Why can't they put a newspost up about this? Is it not important enough, or are they arguing about what should be done internally?

Edit: Has anyone even got proof of lent items that were lost? or GE offers wiped...I mean, on RSOF everybody seems to own phats all of a sudden. (or they used to)

I'm starting to smell riots.

~Prozac~

siggya.th.png

xprozaccx.png

RIP my main Xprozaccx.

Still Dreaming of Farming Cape

Confucius say: "Crowded elevator smell different to a midget" xD

*Moved a chicken slightly!

am i the only one who lol'd at this?

seems so random,what do they really mean by this :lol:

best update this year by far

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

A guy is threatening suicide if he doesn't get his blue phat back... :roll:

he is an attention seaker

That's what I'm thinking. Although juding by his post he's being serious. It's all really well written etc. I can't decide if he's taking the piss or being serious.. I do feel for the people who have lost items/cash through these glitches but life goes on and at the end of the day this is just a game and just mere pixels.

The update itself was great but there are still many bugs present..Hope they get it right the 3rd time..

M_A_R_T.png

*Moved a chicken slightly!

am i the only one who lol'd at this?

seems so random,what do they really mean by this :lol:

Only can think of one chicken, the one that is running around north of the lumbridge hops patch?

I have no clue whatsoever what this random message means.

siggya.th.png

xprozaccx.png

RIP my main Xprozaccx.

Still Dreaming of Farming Cape

Confucius say: "Crowded elevator smell different to a midget" xD

Why can't they put a newspost up about this? Is it not important enough, or are they arguing about what should be done internally?

Edit: Has anyone even got proof of lent items that were lost? or GE offers wiped...I mean, on RSOF everybody seems to own phats all of a sudden. (or they used to)

I'm starting to smell riots.

~Prozac~

Stop taking it so seriously, in any case they won't put up a news post until it's finished with, and if they don't even have confirmation about the ge/lending bugs then it's going to be a while yet. I'm sure they're in control a lot more than it seems.

In any case, what's done is done, and barring the unlikely chance of a rollback, best to just let it go

A. FRIEND. OF. MINE. LOST. HIS. AGS.

Jagex's forum posts are just damage control [cabbage]. The bug has been fixed now but that doesn't help the people who got [bleep]ed when the update came out. They are just doing the typical "ignore the problem and hide all mentions of it" crap.

td2sig.jpg

[hide=F2P Resting Spots (please add if I missed any, which I surely have)]1. Northern Al Kharid

2. South of Varrock's SE mines

3. SW of Earth altar

4. South of Cooks' Guild

5. Outside of Lumbridge Castle

6. East of Draynor Bank

7. North of Port Sarim

8. North of Falador's north entrance

9. In front of Monastery entrance

10. Wilderness - SE of The Forgotten Cemetery

11. Wilderness - Stealing Creation area

12. Wilderness - East of Red Dragon Isle

The one SW of the Earth altar is a GODSEND, considering I use that altar to rc more than the air altar.

THANK YOU JAGEX.[/hide]

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Been looking for evidence this bug really exists. Stayed an hour longer than normal at work so far.

Every single case I've looked into so far has ultimately claimed they got confused or were joking.

Pretty convinced it never existed.

Growls at people trying things on.

<- Paul's post taken from RSOF

@demby - 15-16-519-58949912

M_A_R_T.png

Man I wish they'd hire some real Quality Assurement guys.

Pretty much all of the updates have had bugs that ANY tester would have found in 5 minutes.

BH-10sec timer failure if your target isn't that same level as you, the coloured text when you rightclick someone is wrong

Rest-Well, you know...

They only seem to be good with quests.

A guy is threatening suicide if he doesn't get his blue phat back... :roll:

he is an attention seaker

I second this! I've only recently just got back onto the computer after replying to the first 2-4 threads of this and come on to find bugs/glitches. Guess this is going to make an interesting read. :ugeek:

libertherme.png

Dark Beasts are playing up, seem hesitant to attack and occasionally decide to randomly mage me, occasionally get attacked by one while I'm fighting another.

Have killed thousands of these and never seen them behaving like this before :s

Nothing major, still just about the same to kill, just annoying.

Jagex should honestly recruit real players to be Q&A team. They should recruit trustworthy players just like they do their Player Mods and these players should have access to these test servers on test accounts of multiple different levels. Then, whenever asked, they could go on a test server and play the game just like they normally would and report any issues to Jagex. I think this would solve a lot of bugs.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

The run update is awesome! I don't understand how they could miss so many bugs, but it seems like they're trying to get to the bottom of the disappearing lent items.

The spellbook looks incredible too

I just hope they can find some sort of way to compensate the players that legitimately lost items if it was real..

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009

Dude. Not only does run not restore faster in F2P, it drains about 5x faster than it used to. You take one step in full rune and you lose 2% energy. Pathetic.

Really? How could they!! :evil: :cry:

The glitch/big has really dominated the huge feature of resting that Jagex added and were going on about with DevBlogs and so on. I wonder if, now that Jagex are more open to players and fansites, that they will actually tell us what went wrong. They will probably pretend it never happened though. :oops: