9th June 2009 - Run Energy Update / Patch Notes

Johannas

I don't see why everyone was expecting a rollback, especially over something as minor as this. They never did a rollback on 6/6/06 or the mu bug, why would you expect them to do it now?

~37 minutes of free monster killing is not a minor bug. Seeing as you could also do pretty much nothing else in the game it's mad that there is no update.

In the 7 and a half years that I've been playing this game this is arguably the biggest bug (up there with the duping), for no banning or roll back it's beyond stupid. I see NO logic in not rolling back, it's not as if people could have done a lot in 37 minutes as pretty much nothing was working anyway so those that lost things would most likely only be bug abusers.

You think that the Falador Massacre was a smaller bug then this? Also no rollback, although people lost alot more back then.

Falador Massacre was actually a very small bug blown way out of proportion, very little players actually lost items that day.

Now this was up for over 30 minutes, 150 worlds, various bosses etc. per world hundreds if not thousands of bosses were killed during that time period and most likely ~100 "rare" items were bought into the game. That's huge. On top of that the game was basically broken with very little actually working.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why everyone was expecting a rollback, especially over something as minor as this. They never did a rollback on 6/6/06 or the mu bug, why would you expect them to do it now?

~37 minutes of free monster killing is not a minor bug. Seeing as you could also do pretty much nothing else in the game it's mad that there is no update.

In the 7 and a half years that I've been playing this game this is arguably the biggest bug (up there with the duping), for no banning or roll back it's beyond stupid. I see NO logic in not rolling back, it's not as if people could have done a lot in 37 minutes as pretty much nothing was working anyway so those that lost things would most likely only be bug abusers.

+1

I hope we get some sort of update from Jagex in which they say what the hell happened, and how it was dealt with. Also, and foremost I think, what will happen with things that were acquired through bug abuse.

I logged off when first bugs were found, and personally, I vote rollback pl0x.

I know it's a hard procedure that hasn't happened alot before (if it happened at all), but it's either that, or starting to mass ban bug abusers. They can't just do nothing, right?

~Prozac~

siggya.th.png

xprozaccx.png

RIP my main Xprozaccx.

Still Dreaming of Farming Cape

Confucius say: "Crowded elevator smell different to a midget" xD

I heard monsters were unagressive - but did they actually not fight back?

ye

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

You think that the Falador Massacre was a smaller bug then this? Also no rollback, although people lost alot more back then.

Falador Massacre was indeed smaller, since it hit less people; this update affected everyone, a lot more people were bug abusing today.

All the monsters are aggressive to me :(

Beware as they can do LIVE updates without restarting the servers. So if you are in dangerous area, things can rapidly change without expecting it.

Take a word of caution, I think its best just to sit back and let them fix things before you go out and do anything.

It sounds like a ghost bug. A code within the new coding that basically changes the way everything in the entire games code works.

Agree'd, that's what I did ;)

p><p>However, I couldn

Hehe that kind of sucks for you :lol:

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/7484/090609104433.png' alt='090609104433.png'>

FREEEEEEEEEEEEDOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT:

090609104725.png

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Freedom FTW :D

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

There's a difference between today's bugs and the Mu/Duriel bug though - in today's bug, nobody was unfairly affected. Meaning, if you played the game like you normally do, you'd have a normal day. You wouldn't randomly get logged off or have some guy come and kill you out of nowhere. The only people who were involved with this bug were well aware of what they were doing, and chances are they'll get banned for it. Jagex usually monitors big bugs like this very closely... take it from me ;)

77yLQy8.png

no rollback

:(

Friend got ely sigil at ffa corp I hope he doesn't get banned :ohnoes:

Pic?

Gonna have to get him to join tif and post it then.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

It is true that this was more a bug abuse glitch. People who are either at a advantage or disadvantage are those who abuse the bugs. For everyone else who is sensible enough, it was just a glitched game that they would not enjoy playing until it was fixed.

There's a difference between today's bugs and the Mu/Duriel bug though - in today's bug, nobody was unfairly affected. Meaning, if you played the game like you normally do, you'd have a normal day. You wouldn't randomly get logged off or have some guy come and kill you out of nowhere. The only people who were involved with this bug were well aware of what they were doing, and chances are they'll get banned for it. Jagex usually monitors big bugs like this very closely... take it from me ;)

Those that abused it and got something good would have most likely off-loaded the item by now and thus the damage is already done, they needed to either take the game off as soon as the bugs were discovered or rolled back. A Jagex mod posted on the forums that there will be no mass bannings, hopefully he's wrong and people WILL be banned for this.

Overall in my opinion it has been handled very badly by Jagex, while not a lot of players "lost" from it a lot gained from it which is just as bad in my opinion and there's no way this can be considered a minor bug. On top of that it broke a hell of a lot of other things, taking it way above being a "minor" bug.

What I don't understand is why they'll ban people for abusing a bug that allows you get thousands of experience points (penguin spotting bug) but not one that allows you to get a ridiculously expensive item without any risk.

I'm surprised that people w/ 99 agility enjoy this update... With level 1 agility now, you regain energy as fast as someone w/ the old 99 agility haha. Agility seems to have gotten less useful to train, other than the shortcuts

I don't recall seeing any really useful shortcuts past level 70.

Anyways, for the conspiracy lovers, it is 9/6/09 now \'

I guess I just don't see why these sorta things bother other people so much. It's not my problem if they get 100M in loot without risking anything, similar to how it's not my problem if they kill one boss just to "try" it and get banned. Seems like people only get mad when others are cheating and benefiting from it, rather than playing the game legitimately. But for me, that's just it - it's just a game, so I really don't think less of people who are breaking the rules. There's a difference between breaking the rules in a video game than breaking the law in reality. (Keep in mind I don't think it's "right" to break the rules in RS; rather, I just don't let other people's actions interfere with my playing experience)

77yLQy8.png