Manage Thy Kingdom - Earn 100k a day!

Sorator

The Manage Thy Kingdom minigame can be an excellent tool for moneymaking, earning upwards of 100k a day for about 30 seconds of work, but surprisingly enough, not a lot of people know it exists, and even fewer actually know how to maximize their profit using it. This guide will explain how the minigame works and what to do to earn the most you can from it, as well as dispelling a few myths.

[hide=Table of Contents]If you want to skip to a particular section, hit Ctrl+F and copy/paste the name of the section you want.

1. Required/Recommended

2. The Basics

3. Calculations

4. What It All Means

5. Tips

6. FAQ

7. Credits

8. Updates[/hide]

1. Required/Recommended

First of all, youll need to complete the Throne of Miscellanea quest. If you want to make the most money possible, youll also need to complete the Royal Trouble quest. Since theres no point in being sub-optimal, Ill assume from here on out that youve finished both quests.

You will need a minimum of 750k coins to make the maximum possible amount of money, if you refill your coffers every day. While its certainly possibly (and profitable) to do this, it can be kind of annoying to make a run to your kingdom every day, so a decent alternative is to stop by only once a week. In this case, youll need 1.2m coins to make the most of your money.

(Note that upon completion of Throne of Misc. 10k coins are placed in your coffers, and you are also given 20k coins when you finish Royal Trouble)

Youll also need either a pickaxe, a woodcutting axe, or a rake (or 15 coins you can buy one from Gardener Gunnhild) to gain approval with your slaves workers.

I highly recommend that you complete the Fremennik Achievement Diary, at least the Easy and Medium portions if not the Hard portion as well. The boots you are rewarded with can help quite a bit while managing your kingdom.

2. The Basics

The way that all of this works isnt too hard to understand. Basically, you put money into the kingdom coffers and assign workers to collect a certain resource or combination of resources. Each day, some of that money is spent to buy resources from the workers. When you visit, you collect those resources and refill the kingdom coffers, as well as doing a bit of manual labor yourself to keep the workers happy. Simple, eh?

Well, the exact way that your money is spent is a tad more complicated than just that. Each day, your workers will withdraw 10% of the money stored in your coffers, up to 75k. Then, that amount is multiplied by your approval rating, and that determines how much money is spent on buying resources that day. If you have less than 100% approval, some of your money will be wasted. This final amount is then spent proportionally according to the workers youve assigned (well, not exactly; see Advanced Tips for a full explanation). If you put all of your workers on one resource, then all of your money will be spent to buy that resource, and youll get a lot of that one item. If you spread them out across several resources, then youll spend some money on each of those resources, and get a small amount of each of those items.

When you visit the island, youll want to restore your approval rating to make sure none of your money is wasted this is where youll need a wc axe, pickaxe, or a rake (or 15gp). If you brought a wc axe, then stop at the maple trees on your way to the castle chop these until the lumberjack tells you to stop. If you brought a pickaxe, go north past the castle until you find the coal rocks, and mine there until the miner tells you to stop. If you brought a rake, then stop by the herb and flax patches directly south of the castle entrance and rake those until the gardener tells you to stop. (If you brought 15gp, then talk to the gardener to buy a rake from her, then rake the patches). Make sure to wear your Fremennik boots while doing this (assuming you have them) they speed up this process quite a bit. (If you dont have the boots and youre bringing a rake, you may want to bring a wc or pickaxe as well you can only rake each of the two patches 3 times before theyre free of weeds, and then you have to wait for more weeds to grow before you can continue raising your approval.)

Note that there are other ways to raise your approval (by working at other places on the island), but they are out of the way and/or take a lot of time to use.

Youll also want to bring some money to restock your coffers.

Getting There: There are several ways to get to your kingdom. The slowest is, of course, walking to Rellekka and taking the boat. The next best route is to place your house in Rellekka and teleport there, then exit and take the boat; or using a lyre teleport and then walking to the boat. The quickest way to get to your kingdom is the fairy ring code CIP, which places you just north of the palace and near the coal rocks.

[hide=Useful maps]routetoshiptomisc.jpg

miscetcmapwithinfo.jpg[/hide]

3. Calculations

Each material costs a certain amount, and a maximum of 10 workers can be working on gathering 1 material at a time.

You can gather the following at these prices:

Coal - 92 each

Flax or Herbs - 40/827 each

Tuna and swordfish (10 tuna per 3 swordfish) - 56 and 188 each

Maple logs - 56 each

Teak and/or Mahogany logs (after completing Royal Trouble) - 166/224 each

As of this guide's last update, you can sell them at the GE for these prices (min/market/max):

Coal - 175/184/193 each

Flax 77/81/85 each

Herbs 168/177/186 each (see below for calculations)

Tuna 109/115/121 raw, 81/85/89 cooked

Swordfish 514/541/568 raw, 466/491/500 cooked

Maple logs 36/38/40 each

Teak logs 82/86/90 each

Mahogany logs 248/261/274 each

After completing Royal Trouble you can also gather farming seeds. I dont have much information on the spread of seeds that you get, so I cant include that here. In any case, I doubt its end results would come close to the profits made via the other resources.

[hide=Herb calculations]When you set workers to gather herbs, you receive a distribution of different types. Using the graph on Tip.Its MTK page, we can see that if you gathered 100 herbs, you would get approximately:

22 tarromin

19.8 harralander

5.6 ranarr

12.4 irit

13.5 avantoe

7.5 kwuarm

6.4 cadantine

6.7 lantadyme

And 6.2 dwarf weed.

(these are all grimy, not clean)

Multiply these by their respective GE prices, divide by 100, and round, and we find that the average amount you can sell herbs for is: 168/177/186 each.[/hide]

After a certain amount of each material gathered you receive a bonus reward. Coals reward is 1 gem each 150 coal, flaxs reward is 1 herb seed each 600 flax, maple trees give 1 bird nest for every 100 logs, and teak and mahogany trees give 1 bird nest for every 350 logs. Fishing rewards are complicated enough that they're hard to predict you can get caskets (containing <500gp, a cosmic talisman, or a gem), gems, green boots, green gloves, half keys, or clue scrolls.

A max of 50,000 can be spent on each material (75k per day, max 10 of your 15 workers on one resource, so max 50k on one resource).

You can gather a maximum of this many per day:

50000/91.6=545 coal

50000/40=1250 flax

50000/826.4=60 herbs

50000/(((56.3*10)+(189.4*3))/13)=574 fish

50000/56.1=891 maple logs

50000/166.1=301 teak logs

50000/224.6=222 mahogany logs

If you sell those at the median price on the GE, your profit per day is:

Coal: 545*184-50000=50281gp

Flax: 1250*89-50000=61251gp

Raw Fish: 3*(574/13)*541+10*(574/13)*115-50000=72427gp

Cooked Fish: 3*(574/13)*491+10*(574/13)*85-50000=52560gp

Maple: 891*38-50000=-16142gp or 51288 gp with tree seeds (see below)

Teak: 301*86-50000=-24114gp or -15466gp with tree seeds (see below)

Mahogany: 222*261-50000=7942gp or 12176gp with tree seeds (see below)

As we can clearly see, we dont want to waste any time on teak or mahogany logs. Cooked fish and coal can turn a decent profit, but not the best possible. Raw fish is most beneficial, and flax is next best.

[hide=Tree Seed calculations]Now, most of the time the bonus items arent worth enough to change the rankings of what is most profitable listed above. However, certain tree seeds can sell for upwards of 150k each. Thanks to the graph on TipIts MTK page, we can determine the average amount an individual seed is worth the same way we did herbs earlier multiply each seed types percentage on the graph by its market price on the GE and divide by 100, and we find that the average value of each tree seed you collect is 7840gp.

Maple

You can gather 891 maple logs per day, and you get 1 bird nest for every 100 logs. That means you'll get 8.9 bird nests. About 65% of those nests will contain seeds; the others will contain rings (which are negligible) or eggs (which cannot be sold). That amounts to about 5.79 seeds per day. 5.79*7840=45394gp from seeds. Also, you can sell the bird nests themselves for 2476gp each, which adds 22036gp to the total. So, youll make an average of -16142+45394+22036=51288gp per day with maples and nests. So, maples might not be as terrible as they first seemed, but they still arent the best of the group.

Teak

You can gather 301 teak logs per day, and you get 1 bird nest for every 350 logs. That means you'll get 0.86 bird nests per day. About 65% of those nests will contain seeds; the others will contain rings (which are negligible) or eggs (which cannot be sold). That amounts to about 0.56 seeds per day. 0.56*7840=4390gp from seeds. Also, you can sell the bird nests themselves for 2476gp each, which adds 2129gp to the total. So, youll make an average of -24114+4390+2129=-15466gp per day with teaks and nests. Teaks are still terrible, even when you factor in the few seeds and nests youd get.

Mahogany

You can gather 222 mahogany logs per day, and you get 1 bird nest for every 350 logs. That means you'll get 0.63 bird nests. About 65% of those nests will contain seeds; the others will contain rings (which are negligible) or eggs (which cannot be sold). That amounts to about 0.41 seeds per day. 0.41*7840=3219gp from seeds. Also, you can sell the bird nests themselves for 2476gp each, which adds 1015gp to the total. So, youll make an average of 7942+3219+1015=12176gp per day with mahogany logs and nests. This still doesnt begin to compare to the money you could make with almost any of the other options.

So, overall we find that the bird nests still dont make the trees more profitable than either raw fish or flax.[/hide]

Thus we should put 10 workers (50k) on fish and 5 workers (25k) on flax.

This will lead to an average daily profit of 72427+(52560/2)=98707 gp. So if you collect and restore approval every day (which means youll need 750k in the coffers and put 75k back in each day), youll be making more than 100k profit (because of the bonuses) for about 30 seconds worth of work.

4. What It All Means

The end result of all of this is the following:

If you plan on visiting your kingdom once every day, you should have a minimum of 750k coins in your coffer, and bring 75k with you each time you visit. Youll make more 100k every day if you sell everything you collect.

If you plan on visiting your kingdom once a week, you should have a minimum of 1.2m coins in your coffer, and bring 525k with you each time you visit. Youll make about 685k per week if you sell everything you collect. (You lose around 15k per week because you arent restoring your approval rating every day, thus some of your money is wasted. The longer you go before restoring your approval, the more money you will waste.)

5. Tips

•  
    [*:1z8ceusw]Fremennik Boots 2 give you a free lyre teleport each day, so you never have to recharge your enchanted lyre with expensive fish. They also allow you to make use of a shortcut from the Misc. docks to Etc which could be useful. Furthermore, they greatly speed up the rate at which you increase your approval if you wear them while working. Fremennik Boots 3 allow you to sell construction flatpacks to Advisor Ghrim, and you can then deposit the coins into your coffers.

[*:1z8ceusw]If youre only collecting every week, it might help you remember to collect if you make sure to do several of the weekly activities at the same time Penguin Hide and Seek, Tears of Guthix, and the Circus are all once-weekly activities.

[*:1z8ceusw]You may want to keep an extra day or two's worth of gp in your coffers, in case something comes up and you can't restock when you should. I personally keep my coffers filled to the maximum of 7.5m, because I dont get to log in on a regular basis. Remember that each day your workers will take 75k from your coffers, until you have less than 750k; then they take out 10%. 7.5m, the maximum you can store in your coffers, will last for 90 days before your workers start taking out less than 75k.

[*:1z8ceusw]If you forget something you need, the nearest bank is located on the far east side of the island of Etc. You could also return to Zanaris via the fairy ring and bank there, but due to the fairy ring it probably takes longer than simply running across the islands.

6. FAQ

Q. Arent maples the most profitable because of the tree seeds and bird nests?

A. No, as you can see if you look through my calculations section, maples are actually not incredibly good unless you get very lucky with your seeds. You can make a decent amount off of maples, but on average you will make more with fish and flax.

Q. But I/my friend/someone on the forums said they got three seeds that each sold for 150k!

A. Thats nice. They got lucky. There is a bit of randomness/luck involved when determining the seeds you get, but overall maples are not the best way to go. I calculated the average amount youd get from seeds and used that to determine total profit; the more time you spend gathering maple logs and tree seeds, the closer your result will be to my average, and unless youre lucky, youll be throwing away potential money.

Q. But what if Im a farmer and I use the seeds from the maples, or a smith who uses the coal from the mines? Isnt it more profitable to put my workers there instead of somewhere else?

A. Not if youre willing to spend a bit of time. If you put your workers on fish and flax and then sell what you collect, you can use that to buy the same exact seeds/coal you would have gotten, and still have about 20k left over. You also can pick which seeds you buy, instead of getting a semi-random assortment.

Q. Some of your math seems weird to me. Where are you getting some of those numbers from?

A. More than likely Im grabbing a number from earlier in the guide, or I did some calculations without actually showing all of the steps. If you think I made a mistake somewhere, please let me know its quite possible I typed something in wrong or misread a result. But I promise that the equations themselves are correct.

7. Credits

[hide=]Ih8terange, who provided the original calculations which started this guide.

Tip.It, for the information in the MTK guide and for the original map that I drew on.

TheSchleppel, for reminding me about the faerie ring code.

Luringrev, for some extra information regarding the distribution of herbs and tree seeds.[/hide]

8. Updates

[hide=]6/28 Guide is revived from a Word doc hiding on my flash drive.[/hide]

Of course, comments, suggestions, and questions are encouraged.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Nice, great job, and simple \'

Just a tip, though I am not sure if Jagex will take actions against those who do this, and I do not know if Jagex has fixed this or not. I remember doing this once, but I do not know if it still works.

What you do is take your nests with seeds, and carry one of each valuable seed you can get from a tree nest (Magic Tree, Yew Tree, Ranarr, Snapdragon, ect). One of each is all you need, if there are other valuable seeds, bring those as well, since it reduces the amount of time you waste trying to get a good seed. The thing about Bird nests is that they are random, but you can force the outcome in your favor of a good seed. fill you invent with as many nests as you have, and those valuable seeds. Start clicking on the nests, and if you get a seed you don't have, a message will pop-up saying "Your inventory is Full" or the like. This is because the nests drop the seeds into your inventory, and they do not drop them on the ground. this allows you to get the seeds you want. This takes a LONG LONG time however, and its not worth it. It can take a long time to get the seeds, and since it is random, you may never get even them sot common seed of value you seek. This works with master farmers also.

But yeah, its time consuming, and I don't think its worth much, since you can make 200k+ per hour easily, and I don't know if this can even make that much, but it might ::'

Just a tip, do what you wish with it.

Ss4goku264.png

ss4goku264.png

This will lead to an average daily profit of 72427+(52560/2)=98707 gp. So if you collect and restore approval every day (which means youll need 750k in the coffers and put 75k back in each day), youll be making more than 100k profit (because of the bonuses) for about 30 seconds worth of work.

"More than 100k profit."

Problem. You're also putting in 75k to the coffers, so you lose that 75k, so 100k - 75k = 23k profit per day.

Any fool can write a rule, but any fool will mind it

--Thoreau

daskos99.png

Flickr

"More than 100k profit."

Problem. You're also putting in 75k to the coffers, so you lose that 75k, so 100k - 75k = 23k profit per day.

No, the profits for each different resource has already factored in the 75k, to it is 100k. ;)

Staurolite.png

Nice, great job, and simple \'

Just a tip, though I am not sure if Jagex will take actions against those who do this, and I do not know if Jagex has fixed this or not. I remember doing this once, but I do not know if it still works.

What you do is take your nests with seeds, and carry one of each valuable seed you can get from a tree nest (Magic Tree, Yew Tree, Ranarr, Snapdragon, ect). One of each is all you need, if there are other valuable seeds, bring those as well, since it reduces the amount of time you waste trying to get a good seed. The thing about Bird nests is that they are random, but you can force the outcome in your favor of a good seed. fill you invent with as many nests as you have, and those valuable seeds. Start clicking on the nests, and if you get a seed you don't have, a message will pop-up saying "Your inventory is Full" or the like. This is because the nests drop the seeds into your inventory, and they do not drop them on the ground. this allows you to get the seeds you want. This takes a LONG LONG time however, and its not worth it. It can take a long time to get the seeds, and since it is random, you may never get even them sot common seed of value you seek. This works with master farmers also.

But yeah, its time consuming, and I don't think its worth much, since you can make 200k+ per hour easily, and I don't know if this can even make that much, but it might ::'

Just a tip, do what you wish with it.

I don't think you can do that anymore; I remember that the last time I was using maples and selling the seeds, it didn't matter what seed was in the nest. Once I got a full inventory, they would all say I didn't have room. Interesting idea, but I'm quite certain that would count as bug abuse if it worked. ;)

Oh, also..

What you do is take your nests with seeds, and carry one of each valuable seed you can get from a tree nest (Magic Tree, Yew Tree, Ranarr, Snapdragon, ect).

(emphasis mine)

Nests only give tree seeds and fruit tree seeds, not herb seeds. Though you can get those from putting workers on flax or herbs.

Hmm. Well, that is mildly disappointing. However, my numbers are somewhat different than theirs... I trust mine more, especially since I can't see the method they used to find their amounts. Furthermore, my guide does contain a bit more than just the calculations of profit per resource, so I'll leave this here.

I put 10 on fish, but also 5 on maple, because I use the seeds I get from the nests for farming

Q. But what if Im a farmer and I use the seeds from the maples, or a smith who uses the coal from the mines? Isnt it more profitable to put my workers there instead of somewhere else?

A. Not if youre willing to spend a bit of time. If you put your workers on fish and flax and then sell what you collect, you can use that to buy the same exact seeds/coal you would have gotten, and still have about 20k left over. You also can pick which seeds you buy, instead of getting a semi-random assortment.

So, while that's certainly your choice, the only reasons to do that are 1) if you dislike having to buy seeds on the GE or have a hard time getting the seeds you want, or 2) you want spirit seeds or god bird eggs, which aren't tradeable and can't be bought of the GE at all. Or I suppose 3) you enjoy paying 20k for the fun of getting random seeds is always possible as well.

"More than 100k profit."

No, the profits for each different resource has already factored in the 75k, to it is 100k. ;)

Quite true - it is already factored in, and that is indeed 100k profit. Beat me to it.

I assume you do know that 100-75=25, not 23, and that's just a typo. Or that you were tired when you posted. I know my math skills go out the window when I'm tired, heh. (I promise I double checked all my math in the guide multiple times, when I was not suffering from fatigue. :P )

Thanks for the comments! It's nice to know this does get read, and that it isn't completely overshadowed by that calculator. ^.^

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

i would just like to point out that you still average over 500 gp a ring that you get, and every few 100 gp count. also i have not seen the prices recently but you can change the eggs into useable summoning seconds that last time i looked(a long [wagon] time ago) they were over 5k each.

Y_Z.png

Yeah, the rings are worth a decent amount, but I haven't been able to get information on how often you get which types.

Eggs can be changed into summoning seconds, yep. But, not everyone has the levels to do that. Likewise, maple logs can be fletched into maple longbows, but it isn't really mentioned in the guide because not everyone has the levels fo rit, and because that takes a lot more work than simply collecting, restocking, and selling.

Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

• 5 months later...

First of all I really love your guide.

Its a nice piece of work and to my opinion reasonably accurate!!

Currently Im gathering nests with rings in them to determine a drop rate for the rings inside.

For this I need app. 2-4K nests so it will take a while since the ratio seed/nest/egg is app. 3/2/0,5.

So Im giving up some profit for the greater good.

Just a small tip to even make more $$

It das have a heavy requirement though!!

If you would happen to have level 70 farming or higher there is a way of making 10K on top of the 100K without investing more than 15 sec a day additionally.

It's not wort it getting this for just 10K a day but if you have i anyway theres no reason for wasting free $$

It also eliminates the need of bringing your rack to get approval rating up.

Just bring 1 poison Ivy seed (will set you back app. 500-700gp) and use the fairy ring system or any other way to go to the island.

I prefer to use the fairy ring located just outside the GE as a hub since Im there a lot.

Also having my own spirit tree near a free teleport spot helps a lot ;)

Walk all the way to the second island to the bush farming patch.

Get your tools from the too leprechaun and dont forget to include your rack.

Harvest the bush you planted on your previous run yielding 4 poison ivy berrys

and plant your seed

Dont care about compost since they cant get sick anyway.

Now use your rack on the center patch to restore approval rating and teleport or run out normally.

Since the harvested berrys is a secondary they are in high demand and sell for app.2800 gp each.

So making it an additional 10K profit per run and get some farming XP in the process.

Please note that this works only if you need to get your rating up my 3 or less % since this is the number of weeds on the patch.

If you need to do more you can always bring an axe and cut some maples when you run to the farming patch.

Well I hope this is helpful to anyone and I hope to add the drop rate of rings to this guide within 4-8 weeks.

Well, I got a HUGE flaw in your guide

Herbs – 168/177/186 each (see below for calculations)

When you set workers to gather herbs, you receive a distribution of different types. Using the graph on Tip.It’s MTK page, we can see that if you gathered 100 herbs, you would get approximately:

22 tarromin

19.8 harralander

5.6 ranarr

12.4 irit

13.5 avantoe

7.5 kwuarm

6.4 cadantine

6.7 lantadyme

And 6.2 dwarf weed.

(these are all grimy, not clean)

Multiply these by their respective GE prices, divide by 100, and round, and we find that the average amount you can sell herbs for is: 168/177/186 each.

I don't know where you did these calculations, but there isn't a herb cheaper then 177 gold per herb. I sincerely doubt that the average price of herbs > tarromin would be 177 gold per herb. Do your math again.

Also, you didn't even include herbs in the later calculations. You completely ignored it.. and to think that 10 on herbs is currently giving you the most profit.

Do your math again, then adjust it ;) then we talk.

EDIT: http://services.runescape.com/m=itemdb_rs/results.ws?query=grimy&price=all&members=

There you go, all the grimy herb prices.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

22 tarromin = 18150

19.8 harralander = 21007.8

5.6 ranarr = 64960

12.4 irit = 47492

13.5 avantoe = 75316.5

7.5 kwuarm = 42795

6.4 cadantine = 23059.2

6.7 lantadyme = 53847.9

6.2 dwarf weed. = 56116.2

----------

~402744

402744/100 = 4027,44 on average per herb with the med GE prices as of today.

4027-827 = 3200 profit per herb. 3200*60 = 192000 proft per day, using your numbers, but with current GE prices. I'd say put 10 workers on herbs and 5 on fish for maximum profit.

If this math is incorrect please post, because i'm doubting a bit myself, since it's almost 200k profit a day with 10 workers alone.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

Massive thank you for this guide...made me finish the quests and get right into MTK.

I turned 75k into 400k over night.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

• 1 month later...

Great guide. 9/10. If you wanted to update it you should say that now herbs are the most profitable thanks to the high level herblore update.

I read about 1/2 of your guide when I wanted to decide how much money I would profit from 16 weeks off of RS with 7.5M in my kingdom, and checking my kingdom every 14 days. I did a ton of calcuations only to find you did them all later in your guide! :-P I have put 10 workers on herbs and 5 on raw fish.

For 16 weeks = 4.6M from raw fish and 16.8M from herbs + extra items (caskets, etc) = 22M profit! (close). 22M/16X7=196,500gp/day! Almost 200K per day!

Thanks for the help!

vettro.png

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this guide seems pretty helpful to people just starting out in Manage Thy Kingdom.

However, I find that by maxing out the amount of workers on herbs, then setting the rest on farming, yields me about 500k a day. Of course, my popularity is always above 90%, the Royal Trouble quest has been completed, and I usually have 1250k in my coffers.

---

No signature for now.

>_>

---

I spent a good couple of hours last night with a spread sheet doing calculations for the kingdom and I think your far off. You can do over 150% of what your saying by shifting a few things around. 10 on herbs and 5 on coal collected once a week without increasing approval once for those seven days nets 246k+ per day(this value increase based on herb seeds and gems received). If you were to return every day to increase your approval back up to 100% you gain a measly 50k per week.

Now there is a question of whether or not to replace the 5 on mining with 5 on farming. I found that the value of the seed varies vastly, and as such isn't a guaranteed method. You could try it out and see if it balances in the long run but I am skeptical because of the massive amounts of worthless seeds.

Also by collecting every day you often lose out on the bonuses offered by collecting a larger volume, as such a calculation done to find out where the fractional portion of your costs is minimal is required.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

• 2 months later...

You should mention the extra items you can get from all the different resources.

Maples give nests.

Fish (raw, not sure about cooked, but likely) give caskets, gems, half keys, green gloves, green fremennik boots.

Herbs give herb seeds.

Coal gives gems.

Hardwoods give nothing.

Farming just gives you seeds, don't know any bonuses.

I've done Royal Trouble, never managed my kingdom prior to that.

In my opinion, all raw fish and the rest into herbs is the best. Sometimes you get a tortsol seed, and that's 100k. I just clean the herbs I can and sell the rest, and thats's always a profit (not so much if you have 85 herblore).

When you have it set up like that, just put in 50% of your savings (more if you like, doesn't matter), and the next week, if your approval is at 100, you make it all back, plus quite a bit more. I put in around 3m a week, and I make somewhere around 3.3m-3.7m back.

Good guide though =)

good guide, but to be useful needs to be constantly updated. Last time i took raw fish and herbs, and i got more money for the herbs(assuming using the same number of workers). So i'd presume herbs and raw fish is the best combination now?

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

• 1 year later...

As of September 2011, Coal/Herbs seems to be the most profitable combination.

Since when does coal give you more then maples? Because you can crush the nests (7,5k+ for each nest) sel the tree seeds (very much profit) and even sell the maples (bit profit). I do maples/herbs because I want free herbs and tree seeds, I have to sell the nests and a bit of maples for that.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

• 1 month later...