Will Thrander ever return?

Riptide Mage

Dear Great Almighty Saradomin,

I, an ant compared to you, have noticed that Thrander, the mighty smith, that was in the City of Varrock in the days of old, is now gone! I am saddened by this event, for he was the only person in the great world of Runescape, that you created, that could transform male armor into female armor, or vise versa.

Please explain to me, O Great One, why he is not where he should be?

Blessed be Your name,

Danemcrae

Thrandor has taken a well earned holiday to parts unknown, for he believed his services were no longer needed in Varrock, and issued his resignation to King Roald at short notice.

It seems there is some small desire to see his position filled once more though, so perhaps the council will be able to track him down and offer him his old job back, possibly with a pay rise and increased benefits package.

thrander.jpg

Been several years and as far as I know he hasn't returned. He used to be one of the most useful NPC's in the game only to be discarded in RS2. Thoughts on if, when, or how he may return?

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

He won't. There's no armor specifically for females anymore, and he can't switch legs into skirts because of dragon.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

I doubt he'll ever be back, however he could certainly make an appearance in a new quest. There are countless situations where a piece of armor might need to be modified to suit some requirement. Say for instance some legendary armor is the only protection against some dastardly foe, but its previous owner had proportions which were much different than our own, and only he has the necessary skills to work it into the proper shape without damaging it.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

I doubt he'll ever be back, however he could certainly make an appearance in a new quest. There are countless situations where a piece of armor might need to be modified to suit some requirement. Say for instance some legendary armor is the only protection against some dastardly foe, but its previous owner had proportions which were much different than our own, and only he has the necessary skills to work it into the proper shape without damaging it.

Or he could make bigger the goblin armour!

spy2j.jpg

I also did want to wear goblin armor when I just started...

I hope he comes back...even though I never played RSC...He seems so useful...

Well...probably not any more...but still, he could be one of those people who is in varrock for the hell of it!

dang... beat me to it #-o

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

I'd like to see him show up with the option to customize armor, almost like the creature creator in spore, it would be nice to choose accents for your armor and place them wherever you want.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

I'd like to see him show up with the option to customize armor, almost like the creature creator in spore, it would be nice to choose accents for your armor and place them wherever you want.

The beginings of the TRIMMING SKILL!!!!1111222Thirteen!!1 :lol:

OT: Would be a nice homage to rsc, I don't see why they can't put him in there just for a nice conversation.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Personally, I always wished he'd return so the price difference between Dragon Platelegs and Dragon Plateskirts would be nullified. :s

If they did put him back, you can bet your bottom dollar that the prices for every plate-armor would instantly be synchronized. I'd like to see him back too, but preferably in some sort of quest arc.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

ow some arma legs would be soo nice. i mean real pl8legs not the 1s we have right now...

chonchoso.png

Quest Cape achieved on 27/4/09but nomad is preventing me to get it back...

New-wave tried to destroy the metal, but the metal had its way

Grunge then tried to dethrone the metal, but metal was in the way

Punk-rock tried to destroy the metal, but metal was much too strong

Techno tried to defile the metal, but techno was proven wrong

Yea!Metal!

It comes from hell!

He would change plates to skirts and vise versa, anr charge or pay you the diffirence.

If plates cost 1m and skirts cost 500k, he would charge you 500k to make your skirt into a leg, and give you 500k to change your leg into a skirt

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

ow some arma legs would be soo nice. i mean real pl8legs not the 1s we have right now...

Same with Barrows, Bandos. CW Decorative too?

Lots of opportunity. :thumbup:

Lots of work for JaGEx. Which is why it won't happen. :thumbdown:

2dgucz6.png

No.

yes.

OMG OMG SAILING IS COMING LOLOLOLOL!!!1111 b/c JAGEX GAMES STUDIO , ANAGRAM OF SAITO JUDGE X-GAMES

TAKASHI SAITO= RED SOX P1TCHER... RED SOX = BOSTON, BOSTON = PORT CITY!!!! PORT CITY = SAILING

No.

yes.

maybe

[hide]

[/hide]

No.

And im investing in d skirts just in case =D.

Lol. >_>

If it's going to happen, it won't happen anytime soon. In fact, IF they're ever going to implement this sort of thing again, they'll slowly add it in a new or existing skill (smithing, perhaps?). It's also likely this will only work up to rune.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots