08-July-2009 Mobilising Armies + patch notes

Toad

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a note: dying as fast as you can will not get you the ranks, there is a timer bonus that gives you -10000 points if you die too quickly, so it's best to wait like 5 minutes before dying.

Points don't equate ranks. Dying as fast as you can raises your rank quickly, while actually winning gives you more points.

Just a note: dying as fast as you can will not get you the ranks, there is a timer bonus that gives you -10000 points if you die too quickly, so it's best to wait like 5 minutes before dying.

Points don't equate ranks. Dying as fast as you can raises your rank quickly, while actually winning gives you more points.

Points may not have something to do with it, but if you die too quickly, I know for a fact that you don't get ranks. Try it out.

11th to 99 Summoning

85th to 99 Runecrafting

soulattacker.png

Points, yes, but no matter what, you get +1 rank per game. I have 350k reward points, and there's really nothing to spend them on at the moment, so all I care about is rank.

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

Points, yes, but no matter what, you get +1 rank per game. I have 350k reward points, and there's really nothing to spend them on at the moment, so all I care about is rank.

My rank is 18 and I don't get any ranks by losing quickly. :roll:

Nostrada.png

epl5h.png

142vvvo.png

This is why light = better! Kinda...

I outran the last guy until game's end.

Has anyone else done this? Or tied any other way?

Loss for all!

I was down to only one unit...

Never gonna give you up...

2dgucz6.png

If you look at the advanced breakdown after a game, you'll see that if you lose, you get a 110% rank modifier. Meaning, you'll get 1 pt per loss until rank 20, at which you'll get 2 pts. At lvl 400, for example, you'll get 40 pts per loss. So really, the game just starts out slow.

Though you don't see anybody with high ranks like you'd expect so the formula probably changes when you get higher *shrug*

im 26 still get 1 point...

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

Points may not have something to do with it, but if you die too quickly, I know for a fact that you don't get ranks. Try it out.

I just died, got a -5,000 penalty in points (leaving me with 0 since I invested 0). I was rewarded with 1 rank.

How many minutes were left in the game? From my research so far, if you die when there is 25 minutes left, you will get the rank, but if you die with 27 or more, you will not. I am not sure about 26 and will test that this game.

11th to 99 Summoning

85th to 99 Runecrafting

soulattacker.png

epl5h.png

142vvvo.png

Loss for all!

If your opponent was smart he'd save his distractions for situations like that and render you immobile :P

77yLQy8.png

If you look at the advanced breakdown after a game, you'll see that if you lose, you get a 110% rank modifier. Meaning, you'll get 1 pt per loss until rank 20, at which you'll get 2 pts. At lvl 400, for example, you'll get 40 pts per loss. So really, the game just starts out slow.

Though you don't see anybody with high ranks like you'd expect so the formula probably changes when you get higher *shrug*

just went 21 -> 23 so i dont think your threory works [i won the game]

Tip.it's 2nd unoffical Go player

Darkduellord.gif

sm3x;

sm3x0rz.png

[hide=]epl5h.png

142vvvo.png[/hide]

Loss for all!

If your opponent was smart he'd save his distractions for situations like that and render you immobile :P

He tried to cut me off once but I ran through the middle. And then he was out of ideas and just spam clicked my unit the rest of the game... :|

2dgucz6.png

Just tested 26 minutes and I got a rank, so...

If there are 26 or less minutes left in the game and you lose, you will get your one rank.

If there are 27 or more minutes left in the game and you lose, you will not get a rank.

11th to 99 Summoning

85th to 99 Runecrafting

soulattacker.png

Nice update, tad bit sad though considering the decent upgrades only come at 300+ (?) rank. Nothing really to waste several days over.

I hope the costumes can be stored in my POH soon enough.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

If there are 26 or less minutes left in the game and you lose, you will get your one rank.

If there are 27 or more minutes left in the game and you lose, you will not get a rank.

This is wrong, I have died with 27 mins left and gotten a rank.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

You must also issue 10 commands minimum.

2dgucz6.png

Just tested with 27 mins left and I didn't get a rank.

Nostrada.png

The only problem I see so far is that you can't give the Junior Cadet who takes junk noted items. It makes for ALOT of trips with fletching items :x .

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Follower of Guthix

The quill is a miracle, for it drinks darkness and sheds light.

Oh right, by the way, I'm a girl. No more calling me a guy you lot~

I'm sure that rank modifier is based on your rank but it affects your reward points, NOT your rank. Your rank will only increase by the set amount of 1 for losing, and 2 for winning.

myarm2.png

2819th to reach 99 agility - June 30, 2009

Rare Drops: Champion Scrollx13, Shield Left Halfx2, Dragon Plateskirt, Dragon Spear

43rd Member of XV Champions Club - 2/07/11 http://www.runehead.com/clans/ml.php?clan=xvchampions

Loss for all!

I did that too! Only because this guy tried to be cheap by hiding in the corner all game and when we finished each other off he came out to steal my victory. I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of playing unfairly so I ran for 15 minutes and claimed a tie with him.

He got quite infuriated and called me a noob several times over.

The things I am displeased with is how there is no place to store your units when you aren't going to be playing the game. I don't really want to lose 11 bankspaces just to hold my armies.

And then there's the fact you can't even talk while playing the game! So many times I have wanted to tell the other people to go and kill the guy hiding in the corner and instead we end up handing him/her an easy victory. :x

Hopefully Jagex will fix some things soon to make the game even better.