How much water to you drink per day?

BeatleMusic

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually drink 2-3 16 oz glasses an hour <3: Water owns.

I Love water <3:

4rvq0m.jpg

^Hawt new Siggy^ Made by yours truly.

Yeah, Spanish class is where everything funny happens.

Click To see my Origami gallery!

[hide=Important drops]Important drops..... Bandos Tassets x2

Dragon medium helm x 1

Dragon pickaxe x 1 (6m)

Verac's Brassard x 1

Veracs's Helm x 2

Verac's Skirt x 1

Guthan's Helm x 2

Guthan's spear x 1

Karil's Leatherskirt x 1

Karil's C'bow x 1

Dharok's Helm x 1 (4.6m)[/hide]

zero-calorie options such as diet sodas are fine, too

That can't be good advice, diet soda over plain water?

It doesn't matter if you're trying to lose weight.

It has traces of salt, which can retain excess water and thus cause high blood pressure. There's no way in hell that I would suggest drinking soda, even diet, over water.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

It has traces of salt, which can retain excess water and thus cause high blood pressure. There's no way in hell that I would suggest drinking soda, even diet, over water.

Losing weight. High blood pressure is irrelevant. It's saying diet sodas are just as good for losing weight as water because they both have 0 calories.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

0.5 cups average per day. Pure water, that is. Juice, lemonade, soda, and wine also have water so I drink roughly 8-10 glasses of that a day. I always have to drink something, even when I'm not thirsty.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Losing weight. High blood pressure is irrelevant. It's saying diet sodas are just as good for losing weight as water because they both have 0 calories.

And the artificial sweetener actually makes you put on weight, and has a laxative effect.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

I don't remember where i read this from, but it said that if your pee comes out yellow then your dehydrated, if it comes out slightly yellow or more whitish than yellow then it means ur good

so I try to drink like a L a day at least.. although buying bottled gets expensive after a while I should start using tap

Are you implying that having white urine is healthy?

I have to say, dear sir that that is the most unhealthy thing I've ever heard.

If I ever peed out anything other than yellow, I'd be concerned. Sheesh.

How can you people drink this much straight water? jesus christ. You people must pee like 30 times a day. Can't you die if you drnk too much water? (albeit like a huge amount)

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I don't remember where i read this from, but it said that if your pee comes out yellow then your dehydrated, if it comes out slightly yellow or more whitish than yellow then it means ur good

so I try to drink like a L a day at least.. although buying bottled gets expensive after a while I should start using tap

How can you people drink this much straight water? jesus christ. You people must pee like 30 times a day. Can't you die if you drnk too much water? (albeit like a huge amount)

You've got it backwards. You should be concerned if it's any colour BUT clear. If it's yellow you are already dehyrdrated or are ingesting excess B vitamins. There are other causes, but those are the 2 most common.

And yep, you can die if you ingest too much water over a short period of time. Remember the "hold you wee for a wii" lady?

SoLawny.png

actually its not white, its clear. its a sign that the body has taken in more than enough water and is disposing of excess. if its yellow, it has no excess water to dispose of (normally)

also, you can die from drinking too much water because it dilutes your blood to such an extent that it cant be pumped around the body properly (if i remember correctly)

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Not too much actually. Perhaps 2 litres a week ?

I should really try to drink more.

For those people who say you must drink 8 glasses of water a day :

False

I remember a while back I read in the paper that we acquire most of our hydration needs through food.

So I don't fully know. Just that I should be drinking more.

I remember a while back I read in the paper that we acquire most of our hydration needs through food.

Depends what food and how much you eat each day as well as the environmental and personal variables. If I tried to just eat saladas with vegemite and 1 litre of water, I'd be in hospital within 3 days. Somebody with a less active lifestyle who ate steak and salad with their litre of water could last much, much longer.

SoLawny.png

For those arguing over urine colour:

[hide=]The kidneys serve two major functions: they keep the salt content of the blood constant, and they filter waste out of the bloodstream. So, the main components of urine are (salt) water and waste products. The major waste product from cells in the body is ammonia, and the major waste product from blood is a broken form of heme called bilirubin. In the liver, each of these is converted into a less hazardous form: ammonia is converted to urea, and bilirubin is degraded to urobilins. Salt, water, and urea are all colorless, but urobilins (which come from degraded pigments) are yellow. So, if you drink a lot, your urine will be more dilute and clearer, and if you get dehydrated, your urine will contain less water and be darker yellow.[/hide]

hiccup.png

For those arguing over urine colour:

[hide=]The kidneys serve two major functions: they keep the salt content of the blood constant, and they filter waste out of the bloodstream. So, the main components of urine are (salt) water and waste products. The major waste product from cells in the body is ammonia, and the major waste product from blood is a broken form of heme called bilirubin. In the liver, each of these is converted into a less hazardous form: ammonia is converted to urea, and bilirubin is degraded to urobilins. Salt, water, and urea are all colorless, but urobilins (which come from degraded pigments) are yellow. So, if you drink a lot, your urine will be more dilute and clearer, and if you get dehydrated, your urine will contain less water and be darker yellow.[/hide]

Wow. Did you have to look that up or did you know that already?

I'm probably not getting enough. I try to get at last three glasses a day. Sometimes I overachieve, usually I drink two or three, but sometimes I forget completely. I drink too much milk. I have an infinitely full thing of Hershey's strawberry milk syrup, and I've used it for well over two years. PRETTY CRAZY.

I'm gonna have to drink less water once school starts. Too much of a hassle trying to carry five bottles of water around all day.

I think Lent just admitted to having found the Holy Grail, except it holds strawberry syrup instead of wine :(