How much water to you drink per day?

BeatleMusic

I don't bother with the "8 glasses of water a day" crap. I drink when i'm thirsty and that's it. And it's never water, I hate drinking plain water.

If you do not like drinking plain water, then may I ask what you drink as an alternative?

Fruit juices mostly, pepsi max and blackcurrent squash. Tbh you can get a lot of "daily recommended fluid intake" from food.

I hear you drink Pepsi. I would never drink any soda as many of them contain Caffeine which is a diuretic. That means that it tries to get the liquids out of your body, dehydrating you quicker!

However I know you can get some fluid intake from food. I eat many fruits and vegetables throughout the day, many of which are full of good liquids inside them, making them healthy. They taste good too!

How old are you BeatleMusic?

I drink about 1.5L every day. Does my system good, never have bad break outs...

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[hide=]

I don't bother with the "8 glasses of water a day" crap. I drink when i'm thirsty and that's it. And it's never water, I hate drinking plain water.

If you do not like drinking plain water, then may I ask what you drink as an alternative?

Fruit juices mostly, pepsi max and blackcurrent squash. Tbh you can get a lot of "daily recommended fluid intake" from food.

I hear you drink Pepsi. I would never drink any soda as many of them contain Caffeine which is a diuretic. That means that it tries to get the liquids out of your body, dehydrating you quicker!

However I know you can get some fluid intake from food. I eat many fruits and vegetables throughout the day, many of which are full of good liquids inside them, making them healthy. They taste good too!

[/hide]

How old are you BeatleMusic?

I drink about 1.5L every day. Does my system good, never have bad break outs...

Unfortunately I'm afraid that is something I don't really give out over the internet. Don't worry about it though. No hard feelings. :)

Sorry, was just curious seeing as your logic and eating habits aren't something you except from teenagers ;)

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

i dont drink enough water, i dont think. i drink maybe 1-1.5 litres at most, unless i get a bottle of like, lemonade, or juice or something that actually tastes nice

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

I tend to drink maybe 1 and a half 500ml bottles a day. So about 750 ml. I don't think that is enough really but *shrugs*

I try to make sure I drink water though because if you get dehydrated your brain cells shrink too which will either reduce your performance in exams (We got told that) and or give you a headache.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Why would I drink water if i'm not thirsty? My body is (perfectly) designed to tell me exactly when I need more water, and I listen to it. I'm not going to drink 10 glasses of water a day because some social scientist did a 100 man study group and decided water was magical.

hiccup.png

Ehh, kinda have a 2l bottle in the fridge at all times full to the top. I probably only go through 3/4 of it during one day.

I try to drink some water at the dinner table but my family much prefers diluted juice.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Sorry, was just curious seeing as your logic and eating habits aren't something you except from teenagers ;)

He is over 40 if what he said in MM&T is true.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I drink anywhere from 0 to 5 bottles of water day.

Why would I drink water if i'm not thirsty? My body is (perfectly) designed to tell me exactly when I need more water, and I listen to it. I'm not going to drink 10 glasses of water a day because some social scientist did a 100 man study group and decided water was magical.

That's how I feel. I heard when you feel thirsty then you're already dehydrated which is bad - you're supposed to drink before you even start to get thirsty. :lol:

Tbh you can get a lot of "daily recommended fluid intake" from food.
Yea, other then the water you get from food, you should only drink when your thirsty. Thirst is the sign that tells you that you need more water, if your not thirsty then you don't need any more ::'

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

I don't drink water, I drink tea which is really just flavoured water, but I get about a litre of tea a day.

I also don't drink unless I'm thirsty. If I drink when I'm not thirsty there won't be any left for when I am. #-o

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I don't remember where i read this from, but it said that if your pee comes out yellow then your dehydrated, if it comes out slightly yellow or more whitish than yellow then it means ur good

Either means you are dehyrdated or (in the case of yellow) have an oversupply of B vitamins. Most water soluble vitamins can affect the colour.

Feeling thirsty is a sign of dehydration. You don't need to drink 10 glasses of water a day, but you shouldn't let yourself become dehydrated on a regular basis.

[hide=5 Myhs]

Myth No. 1: Drink Eight Glasses Each Day

Scientists say there's no clear health benefit to chugging or even sipping water all day. So where does the standard advice of drinking eight glasses each day come from? "Nobody really knows," says Dr. Stanley Goldfarb, a kidney expert at the University of Pennsylvania.

As long as you get the minimum your body needs to function, why drink more? 8 glasses of water came from speculating the minimum water an average male meeting all his RDA of vitamins and minerals needs with an active lifestyle.

Myth No. 2: Drinking Lots of Water Helps Clear Out Toxins

The kidneys filter toxins from our bloodstreams. Then the toxins clear through the urine. The question is, does drinking extra water each day improve the function of the kidneys?

"No," says Goldfarb. "In fact, drinking large amounts of water surprisingly tends to reduce the kidney's ability to function as a filter. It's a subtle decline, but definite."

Water intake and kidney function varies between people, so just because you drink 4 litres a day doesn't mean your kidneys will become less efficient.

Myth No. 3: Lots of Water Equals Healthier Skin

The body is already 60 percent water. So, if you take a 200-pound man, he's 120 pounds of water.

Adding a few extra glasses of water each day has limited effect. "It's such a tiny part of what's in the body," says Goldfarb. "It's very unlikely that one's getting any benefit." His full editorial is published in the current issue of the Journal of the American Society of Nephrology.

One study published in 2007 on the cosmetic benefit of drinking water suggests that 500 ml of water increases capillary blood flow in the skin. "But it's unclear whether these changes are clinically significant," says Goldfarb.

No idea TBH, I haven't paid much attention to dematology. You'd imagine as long as you had the necessary fluids for your system to function efficiently on, anything extra wouldn't make a difference.

Myth No. 4: Drinking Extra Water Leads to Weight Loss

A more accurate statement may be: Drinking water is a helpful tool for dieters.

"Water is a great strategy for dieters because it has no calories," says Madeline Fernstrom of the University of Pittsburgh. "So you can keep your mouth busy without food and get the sense of satisfaction."

But water is not magical, she adds. Other zero-calorie options such as diet sodas are fine, too.

Not totally correct. The more consistent the supply of water, the less your body will retain. So if somebody who doesn't keep themselves properly hydrated starts drinking water regularly, they will retain less water. It's the same with all fluids though.

Myth No. 5: It's Easy to Get Dehydrated During a Workout

Dehydration sets in when a person has lost 2 percent of his or her body weight. So for a 200-pound man, this means losing 4 pounds of water.

Marathon runners, bikers and hikers all need to recognize the signs of dehydration. "It is also obvious that individuals in hot, dry climates have increased need for water," says Goldfarb.

The American College of Sports Medicine recommends that athletes drink 16 ounces of fluids a couple of hours before starting sports practice.

But for a stroll in the park, no water bottle is necessary. Goldfarb's advice: Just drink when you're thirsty.

Technically wrong! Most people aren't properly hydrated when they begin to exercise, so they are experiencing the early signs of dehydration before they even begin. This means they don' get dehydrated during the workout, they already are![/hide]

I drink on average 3 litres a day. 2 litres of water, 2 glasses of milk, a glass of pineapple juice (i know, i know, but i love it!) and a chai before bed. Then again, my entire day is planned out by dietitians and PTs :(

Sources for the above information: Medical textbooks, uni lectures and hours upon hours of being yelled at by club doctors, dietitians and personal trainers.

SoLawny.png

He is over 40 if what he said in MM&T is true.

May I ask what MM&T means? :?:

Music, Movies & Television subforum.

SoLawny.png