Amulet of ranging, Crashing hard...

joker2022

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, at least Jagex got it right this time and over priced it on the GE so that isntead of going up and up and up for 6 months, it goes up for a week then crashes

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I can't even give it away..

What gives?

Well, it's barely better than the fury offensively, currently costs only 700K more, and has worse overall stats then both the Fury AND the Glory amulet.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

everybody knew this would happen, why are you acting like its a shock :shame:

all new items (cept dclaws but that was obvious) do exactly the same every time they get released. merched for a week then dumped.

eijnnc.png

99 Woodcutting 99 Firemaking

99 Hunter 99 Agility

99 Attack 99 Hitpoints

99 Mining

I am surprised they even went up. It's like the tulip crash of the 1800's or how flipping houses is now ruined. People only buy it in order to sell it for more, eventually everyone is satisfied and no one will buy for higher because everyone already made their money.

jQo2G.png

Signature by Unoalexi.

Tip.it's official signature picture of the quest-cape emote is me.

Fire cape owner since May 17, 2011

People compared it with the 3a mage ammy for rangers, yet there's probably more ammys of ranging in the game now than mage ammys, probably two times the amount of mage ammys.

more will continue to flood in, it'll settle around 1M because it's still useful and drops are around 1/250-300

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Well, it has to do with the fact that the RS market is dominated by idiots who panic and cause even worse crashes. Mostly, it has to do with merchants that hogged the new item since its release date and made a quick buck off it and then decided to dump it because they were paranoid of doing it after the rest of their fellow merchants dumped their items, which would virtually ruin their profit and leave them holding the bag in this farce of a game.

It should be pretty obvious why it's crashing. You bought it against better judgement. Now, you are reaping the costs of your mistake. Your best bet is to dump it in the GE at min and hope to God that it sells. Be sure to keep your offer updated so it can be completed. If someone offers you junk or even junk + cash (or even items + cash), tell them to promptly [bleep] off and shove their offers up their [wagon].

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

theres always worst than you.

i kept seeing the ammy raising each day, got aquanites task every single day (very annoying), i finally got it, went to ge, putted on max. nothing. holy sht. min. nothing. opening up ge. started to crash in the last 24 hours.

stinks to be me :cry:

want_a_box.png

theres always worst than you.

i kept seeing the ammy raising each day, got aquanites task every single day (very annoying), i finally got it, went to ge, putted on max. nothing. holy sht. min. nothing. opening up ge. started to crash in the last 24 hours.

stinks to be me :cry:

Ouch.

One of my friends got an ammy drop off of a task one day and then got two more ammies off of tasks the next day. Then he went to the GE and sold them for max.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

A new and overpriced item of limited usefulness and high drop rate crashes and you're suprised? :?

Personally I'm surprised that it was going up for so long.

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

Why whine when merching goes bad? you invest in stuff you might not actually need and then whine because you lose gp... :lol: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

so a newly released item, that has a fairly consistent drop rate, crashes in price after initial novelty wears off and merchanting clans move onto better items, and you're surprised? -.-

it was always going to happen, has done with new new items for ages now :?

You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.

Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity...

Who couldn't see this coming? You'd have to be a fool.

I mean, the ammy was only half-decent, hardly worth it's price for your average player. The rich/smart people use furies anyway since they use pray range boosts.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

I got a range ammy as well and was trying to wait to sell it at it's peak. Now I regret not selling it earlier, it's stuck in the GE now for me. I made the mistake of expectinng the hype to be like every other new item:it shoots up to a price beyond all reasonability, and then crashes. I didn't expect it to crash at 3m. Sure, it's stats aren't as good as the fury, but players were paying 10m with junk for one and it IS the best range attack in the game, I expected it to go much higher before crashing. I disagree with everyone who called me a fool for waiting, the crash came a lot earlier than expected and there was no way I could see it coming so quickly.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.