What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

Last night I watched the first half of Die Hard 2 which is still a great movie after nearly 20 years. 8/10

And for Ray's question, I'll probably see Public Enemies first, myself... This weekend if all goes well. For you, I say see Drag Me To Hell first for no particular reason.

Lakeview Terrace -I don't know about this film. Samuel L. Jackson is great as always, but too much is left unexplained for my liking. We only see little hints as to why he's insane, which means that throughout the movie he's either you best friend or a murderer at different points in the movie, and he doesn't seem to realize it. I guess that's supposed to add to the character, which is fine, but they explain just a tad too little. Despite being the antagonist though, at times you actually sympathize with Jackson's character. He's a single father, and after 28 years in the police force he's denied his retirement. On top of that it's the third anniversary of his wife's death. The neighbors that move in next door, the protagonist, constantly give him crap, yet he still tries to befriend them. In the end you're wondering who's the real bad guy, Jackson or the new neighbor. 7/10

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I liked Drag Me To Hell, but it's not for everyone. Basically how you felt about the Evil Dead movies will tell you how you will feel about it.

So you mean, it's like a horror movie that doesn't take itself too seriously?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Has anyone here seen Burn After Reading? That movie was so, so strange... when the credits hit I didn't know what to think :?

Yeah, that movie was awesome. Click here for what I said about it a couple pages back.

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

Last movie I watched was Push. My least favorite part of that movie was the ending. It just seemed like something was wrong with it like it it just kinda ended. It also reminded me a lot of Heroes.

tFtfA.jpg

Going to see Public Enemies tonight. But for July, this is it.

Juli

Films

162. dvd.pngGrey Gardens (Ellen Hovde, Albert Maysles, David Maysles, Muffie Meyer, 1975) :: 7.5

163. bios.pngCoraline (Henry Selick, 2009) :: 8.0

164. bios.pngDrag Me to Hell (Sam Raimi, 2009) :: 8.0 recensie_ong.png

165. dvd.pngBlue Velvet (David Lynch, 1986) eye.gif :: 9.5

166. dvd.pngPicnic at Hanging Rock (Peter Weir, 1975) :: 5.5

167. dvd.pngPierrot le fou (Jean-Luc Godard, 1965) eye.gif :: 9.0

168. dvd.pngManhattan (Woody Allen, 1979) eye.gif :: 8.5

169. dvd.pngMommie Dearest (Frank Perry, 1981) :: 8.0

Series

170. dvd.pngCoupling - Season 2 (Martin Dennis, 2001): Aflevering 1 t/m 4 (nog niet af gezien)

171. dvd.pngSeinfeld - Season 2 (Andy Ackerman, Tom Cherones, 1991): Aflevering 6 t/m 12 :: 9.0

172. dvd.pngSeinfeld - Season 3 (Andy Ackerman, Tom Cherones, 1992): Aflevering 1 t/m 23 :: 9.0

173. dvd.pngSeinfeld - Season 4 (Andy Ackerman, Tom Cherones, 1993): Aflevering 1 t/m 19 (nog niet af gezien)

Statistieken

Totaal 8 films (maandgemiddelde: 23.9) gekeken:

- Kort (t/m 20 min.): 0.

- Middel (21 t/m 75 min.): 0.

- Lang (meer dan 75 min.): 8.

Totaal 53 afleveringen van series gekeken.

Totale speelduur: 2112 min.

Aantal films / series herzien: 3.

Best beoordeeld: Blue Velvet (9.5, 15de dit jaar).

Slechtst beoordeeld: Picnic at Hanging Rock (5.5).

Media-verdeling

bios.png 2.

dvd.png 10.

gee, I hardly saw anything this month. So much working, and so much good weather isn't good for my movie watching.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Burn After Reading - When I first saw this movie a few months ago, it was something I watched in the background while doing homework. Back then, my overall impression was that it was a so-so-dramatic-comedyish-somewhat-entertaining flick that compensated where it lacked in A-list actors. After watching it again, and giving it my full attention, it was a pretty entertaining and hilarious film. It was written in a truly misanthropic way; as the film went on, it was obvious that the viewer was supposed to hate all of the characters increasingly more for their annoying hobbies, moral standards, hypocrisy, or a plethora of other hate-worthy attributes put on display by these characters. I can't remember the last time I laughed at someone getting shot in the head either. If you catch on to the subtle humor in this film, it is hilarious.

Actually I didn't hate all of the characters - Brad Pitt's character was more of an "oh god :XD: " character than a "just die already, dammit!" character.

wl7w9j.png

Has anyone here seen Burn After Reading? That movie was so, so strange... when the credits hit I didn't know what to think :?

Yeah, that movie was awesome. Click here for what I said about it a couple pages back.

Hi 5 !

#-o

I missed.

For various reasons I haven't been able to watch many movies lately. So the only two I've seen in quite a while I just watched over the past few days. Luckily, they were both great:

Son of Rambow - First time I saw the title quite a long time ago I thought it was a parody movie, and seeing the cover with kids I thought it would be a horrible parody movie. Then a bit later I saw some of the people associated with it, and then wanted to see it. Finally got around to it. It is not a parody movie, although there is a little parody in it. It takes place whenever First Blood was in the theaters. A religious kid who is not allowed to do anything teams up with a kid living with just his mean older brother because of parents being in another country. Polar opposites, they of course bond. It really is a good "coming of age" movie.

Memento - I saw this a long, long time ago, when I first started really watching movies. I remembered it was one of the first movies I saw that I thought "holy [cabbage], movies can be more than just mindless entertainment". Of course it is pretty entertaining, just definitely not mindless. It's number #29 on the IMDb Top 250 list, and for good reason. It is awesome.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Is anyone else planning to see Inglorious Bastards? Looks like it might be all right.

Hell yes. Any Quentin Tarantino movie is at least an automatic 9/10 in my book.

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

3 movie weekend at the Drive-in, plus I watched 3 more afterwards...

Funny People- Better than I expected, even though I expected it to be an alright movie. 7.5/10

Public Enemies- Johnny Depp saved this movie from disaster, in my opinion. Christian Bale is really not that good. 8/10

Bruno- It had funny parts and disgusting parts. It was better than expected, but still not very good. 6/10

Witless Protection- Still funny after a dozen viewings, although it is slowly losing some of the hilarity. 8/10

Galaxy Quest- Tonu Shalhoub and Sam Rockwell were great. They made this movie better, for me. 8/10

Tank Girl- Among my favourites of all-time, Lori Petty was brilliant. 9/10

Latest I've seen:

400 Blows - 5/10

3 Women (just received the criterion dvd actually, <3 region free player) - 10/10 - rewatch too, i love this movie to death. o_o

There Will Be Blood - 5/10

Knife in The Water - 8/10 - i could see myself giving this a higher score actually, polanski is top 5 director for me.

The Bird With The Crystal Plumage - 9/10 - this one too, I like Morricone's music with Argento, it's nothing like Goblin, but it's something different.

Don't Look Now - 9/10 - this one was really unexpected too, I didn't expect it to be as good as it was.

Thin Red Line - 7/10 - rather disappointing for Malick, but only seen once.

The Exterminating Angel - 4/10 - not a good first experience with Bunuel, seemed really boring to me - anyone got any better suggestions for Bunuel?

oh and anyone with suggestions for Melville? I was thinking of starting with Le Cercle Rogue (1970).

p915h.gif

Latest I've seen:

The Exterminating Angel - 4/10 - not a good first experience with Bunuel, seemed really boring to me - anyone got any better suggestions for Bunuel?

oh and anyone with suggestions for Melville? I was thinking of starting with Le Cercle Rogue (1970).

For Bunuel, I've only seen a bit of Un Chien Andalou and that was enough for me (anyone else who has seen or has read about it can figure out what I mean). That kind of put me off looking into his work more.

I am a fan of Melville though, I would personally go for either Bob Le Flambeur or Le Samourai first although Le Cercle Rogue is good as well. Melville isn't for everyone though, his films have very little dialogue (especially Silence de la Mer & Le Cercle Rogue) and build up slowly. I like them but I know a few people who found the style frustrating.

Out of interest, why didn't you like There Will Be Blood?

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Latest I've seen:

For Bunuel, I've only seen a bit of Un Chien Andalou and that was enough for me (anyone else who has seen or has read about it can figure out what I mean). That kind of put me off looking into his work more.

I am a fan of Melville though, I would personally go for either Bob Le Flambeur or Le Samourai first although Le Cercle Rogue is good as well. Melville isn't for everyone though, his films have very little dialogue (especially Silence de la Mer & Le Cercle Rogue) and build up slowly. I like them but I know a few people who found the style frustrating.

Out of interest, why didn't you like There Will Be Blood?

I think I'll be fine with the lack of dialogue - I am a huge Antonioni fan after all. =) I'll check out Le Samourai and Bob le Flambeur though too - they seem pretty cool and a bit shorter than Le Cercle Rogue.

Anyways, There Will Be Blood struck me as involving and awesomely acted (DDL playing a bad guy <3), but I could never grasp anything on it. In fact, I've had this problem with every P.T Anderson film. I watch it and I'm left rather cold. Nothing deep or insightful to latch on to imo, although I only watched There Will Be Blood once (so i guess my criticisms are just initial shocks). I did feel a bit bored but meh, I was rather tired while watching it a few nights ago. in short, it probably went over my head, haha. if you could elaborate a bit in a pm, i'd watch it at a more suitable time.

p915h.gif

Gran Torino. :thumbup:

That was a great movie. Eastwood was amazing.

That was a hilarious movie.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!