What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

Last night I watched Transformers 2 - worth a watch.

Before that, I saw Cry baby - a Johnny Depp film from 1990-ish.

And before that, Vertigo - a Hitchcock film (1958) - very, very good.

So, i was looking through old vhs's for memories and i found/watched this gem.

spacejamc10053900.jpg

Nostalgia attack :oops:

Anyways, just finished watching The Last King Of Scotland.

16185_s.gif

Just watched madagascar 2, was quite good.

Also saw 'Superhero Movie' the other day, i was suprised, i thought it was quite good, i went into it expecting it to suck, badly, but just having leslie neilson in there put a smile on my face, wasn't a half bad film imo, felt like more of a classic spoof than a modern one though.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I last watched 'Felon', really enjoyed it. A good action movie which really dragged me in, had to feel for the guy too at certain points.

I recommend this to any action movie fans. :thumbup:

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

Recent good ones:

The Man From Earth - Absolutely brilliant piece of film. I never thought I would be completely captivated by 90 minutes of people sitting in a room and talking.

Role Models - Hilarious movie. Makes me want to go LARPing :P

Gattaca - Definitely one of my favorite movies of all time. Plot is stunning, ending is brilliant. I'm tempted to turn it on and watch it again.

Gattaca - Definitely one of my favorite movies of all time. Plot is stunning, ending is brilliant. I'm tempted to turn it on and watch it again.

Watched that one for Biology class in school, pretty good movie.

16185_s.gif

Watched that one for Biology class in school, pretty good movie.

watched it for english, i liked it

saw 10,000BC yesterday, it was pretty good

sword2di2.jpg

thanks to mitsubishi64 who made this sig

saw 10,000BC yesterday, it was pretty good

You mean besides the anachronisms and the [cabbage]ty filmaking ? Not to mention the perverted mix between, RAUUGHGG ! and "language".

It's got to be one or the other.

:notalk:

Il Mistero di Oberwald I went to the Hague for this one. This was going to be brilliant, or it was going to be terrible. I mean, a Jean Cocteau play made into a movie by Antonioni, that can either be fantastic or incredibly boring. Unfortunately it was the latter. There was a lot of talking about not too interesting things. Visually the movie had some interesting ideas, too bad Antonioni doesn't go all the way. I gave it 4 out of 10.

Vanishing Point So, after the dissaspointing Oberwald we went to the house of a friend. He has a blu-ray player and a HD beamer. They movie looked fantastic, you will most likely never get it this good in cinema. :) The movie itself was great as well. It's beautiful, fast, cool, funny and a great soundtrack. What else do we want? 9 out of 10.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

How2PK, what is your native speaking background ?

Also, how do you come across these obscure movies ?

I'm asking because they might be very well known or common in your homeland. Those foreign films you post everywhere are starting to make me curious.

And what language are they usually in ?

Ice Age 3!

It's fantastic, so much adult humor in it too, i was rather shocked.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

How2PK, what is your native speaking background ?

Also, how do you come across these obscure movies ?

I'm asking because they might be very well known or common in your homeland. Those foreign films you post everywhere are starting to make me curious.

And what language are they usually in ?

I'm from Holland, so I speak Dutch. :) These movies aren't very common here in Holland, it's just that I'm interested in movies, and so I get to see them. It's just as in every other country. And how find them? It just happens. It's pretty logical, because for every movie you see you get five new ones. Also reading books about movies helps, and I also browse through catalogues from Criterion, Masters of Cinema, Blue Underground, BFI etc. I also use What I iWatch (I think the standard language is Dutch, when you register you can change the inferface to English trough options) where a lot of people fill in what movies they have seen, that way you can discover new things as well. The Antonioni movie I posted earlier today was at the Antonioni Retrospective they have in the Hague this month. What language they are in depends on the film, most of the time it is in its original language, but some movies are synchronised. For example a lot of Italian cult movies from the seventies are synchronised in English.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!