What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

The Grudge III - Although a Hollywood money-milker, I still enjoyed watching this lighthearted bloodbath. This is by far the bloodiest of the Grudge trilogy (although I haven't seen the full second one, and don't remember the intricacies of the first). I did enjoy it though, especially how it explained how the heck Kayako actually became a murderous spirit, and why all murdered wives don't become undead. Needless to say, it wasn't scary, but I do like this trilogy's scare method, relying on cinematography and gradual visuals instead of the sudden screech or flashing lights.

Burn After Reading - When I first saw this movie a few months ago, it was something I watched in the background while doing homework. Back then, my overall impression was that it was a so-so-dramatic-comedyish-somewhat-entertaining flick that compensated where it lacked in A-list actors. After watching it again, and giving it my full attention, it was a pretty entertaining and hilarious film. It was written in a truly misanthropic way; as the film went on, it was obvious that the viewer was supposed to hate all of the characters increasingly more for their annoying hobbies, moral standards, hypocrisy, or a plethora of other hate-worthy attributes put on display by these characters. I can't remember the last time I laughed at someone getting shot in the head either. If you catch on to the subtle humor in this film, it is hilarious.

Twilight - Yes, I watched it, and I'm a guy. I only watched it because I was curious as to what many of the people (girls) I know think is a movie worthy of watching more than one time in the theater. I went into this movie with the least bit of impartiality one could have, but I don't think that affected my final impression of the movie. It is truly abominable that people like this crap, I really can't believe it. This is the same dreary crap that is on Mexican soap-opera channels 24/7, just muscled-up with a Hollywood budget and a novel that is truly unique in its blandness. I'm a very unprejudiced person, but I have to admit I will subconsciously have less respect for any fan of this movie.

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

Huh, are you saying that Burn After Reading has a lack of A-List actors? I don't know, but Brad Pitt, George Clooney, John Malkovich, Tilda Swinton and Frances McDormand aren't anything else than A-list actors, right?

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Huh, are you saying that Burn After Reading has a lack of A-List actors? I don't know, but Brad Pitt, George Clooney, John Malkovich, Tilda Swinton and Frances McDormand aren't anything else than A-list actors, right?

Sorry, I miscommunicated my thoughts. What I meant to say: "where it lacked, it tried to compensate with A-list actors"

Dracula: Dead but loving it.

Have seen it a thousand times, it stills makes me laugh. Leslie Nielsen and Mel Brooks, I wish they made more movies together :D

16185_s.gif

Sorry, I miscommunicated my thoughts. What I meant to say: "where it lacked, it tried to compensate with A-list actors"

Somehow, I understood that without the correction.

And I watched Wedding Crashers with my sister the other day. I don't mind it, but they could have done so much more with it. 7/10

Brüno - Just like everyone else, I went and saw this movie. Although hosting some shocking visuals and hilariously inappropriate situations, this movie really lacked the ground that Borat had. As a fan of Cohen's original show featuring this character along with Ali-G and Borat, it has always been my least favorite of the three. Instead of playing dumb and allowing humor to sprout from ignorance and difference in cultures, as in the other two characters, Bruno just acts very self-unaware and flamboyantly homosexual. Along with the stooping of humor from the main character, the film style has also changed; instead of the film being half-centered around the stupidity of the interviewees, this film is focuses too much on Bruno himself. The final verdict is that Borat was better, but I still applaud this movie for Cohen's shameless style.

Sicko by Michael Moore.

It's very :?.

I love his documentaries. They add humor to the very serious nature of the situation at hand. But they also make you think.

They do make you think, he made me want universal health care, but will the United States get it is the question. There's some humor here and there in his documentaries, but not much.

Sicko by Michael Moore.

It's very :?.

I love his documentaries. They add humor to the very serious nature of the situation at hand. But they also make you think.

They do make you think, he made me want universal health care, but will the United States get it is the question. There's some humor here and there in his documentaries, but not much.

The one with the most humor I've seen is Bolwing for Columbine. I especially like the little cartoon in the middle about the history of the USA.

I might go watch this... Or maybe Gran Torino... I haven't decided yet.

Pineapple Express

Superbad

Knocked Up

All funny movies, Pineapple Express wasn't as funny as i thought it was going after all the hype it seems to get.

I watched all those and 40 Year Old Virgin and Step Brothers in the past 2 nights.

We watched Step Brothers first, which was bad, because it made all the other movies not funny. :|

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

Ice Age 3 - Fun :thumbup:

continuing with the summer movies spirit i took X-Men Origins: Wolverine but the cd got stuck after 20 minutes..

searched the cables for a substitute and luckly there was 300 .

Though it started at quarter to midnight and i was quite wasted the rush of testosterone kept me awake till the end.As good as the first time.

The Virgin Spring (1960) - tbh its been the only bergman movie so far i've actually enjoyed (although the 'bad' ones i've seen have their merits), although i hear good things about persona. i just can't get excited over bergman. =(

The first I saw of his was The Silence of God trilogy, and while I thought they looked good I wasn't all that excited either. Then I saw Wild Strawberries and I started to enjoy his work a little more. Then I saw The Seventh Seal (which some claim is his best) and I started to enjoy even more. Then I watched Fanny and Alexander and absolutely loved it, although 5 hours and 12 minutes is a pretty long runtime.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

The Virgin Spring (1960) - tbh its been the only bergman movie so far i've actually enjoyed (although the 'bad' ones i've seen have their merits), although i hear good things about persona. i just can't get excited over bergman. =(

The first I saw of his was The Silence of God trilogy, and while I thought they looked good I wasn't all that excited either. Then I saw Wild Strawberries and I started to enjoy his work a little more. Then I saw The Seventh Seal (which some claim is his best) and I started to enjoy even more. Then I watched Fanny and Alexander and absolutely loved it, although 5 hours and 12 minutes is a pretty long runtime.

Yea, I'm giving bergman some more chances. I didn't like WIld Strawberries or Hour of the Wolf but Persona and Seventh Seal look promising.

p915h.gif

Pineapple Express

Superbad

Knocked Up

All funny movies, Pineapple Express wasn't as funny as i thought it was going after all the hype it seems to get.

:lol: I had to watch Knocked up with my 25 year old sister and my mum once, that was sort of awkward so I didn't really get to enjoy the humour (although it wasn't that funny regardless).

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

What have you seen so far?

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

What have you seen so far?

Virgin Spring - liked, a lot actually.

Hour of the Wolf - good ideas, but generally not my thing.

Wild Strawberries - same thing as Hour of the Wolf - I can't find myself to get into it.

I'll be getting Persona and Seventh Seal soon. =)

p915h.gif