What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

Watched a couple of Beck movies again, no one outside Sweden or Germany will know what it is so i'll spare the details (police solving murders, basically).

I saw Tropa De Elite a couple of weeks ago, was a good movie altho difficult to follow at some points and slow at others, but good!

Don't know if i've forgotten some movies, i probably have, but can't remember atm.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Latest I've seen:

The Exterminating Angel - 4/10 - not a good first experience with Bunuel, seemed really boring to me - anyone got any better suggestions for Bunuel?

Los Olvidados (released in france, you can get it from the french amazon for 10 bucks or something, then you also get two of his other mexican movies with it and the documentary he made in the early thirties after L'Age D'or), it's one of his best films, and funny enough also the least surrealistic. I really love Le Charme discret de la bourgeoisie and of course Belle de Jour.

As for Melville, I really like Les Enfants Terrible (also released on Criterion), but that's a bit of a strange one compared to his other work, since it's not only about being cool, which is probably because it's a Cocteau movie for 75%. I always hear people about L'armée des ombres, but I haven't seen that yet.

Last movie I saw was Mommie Dearest, which is a bit of an unusual film. It's really good, I think. Faye plays Joan Crawford so good, she really goes "full Joan" as somebody else wrote. I'm pretty sure the movie is meant seriously, we really fall from one atrocity into the other, but when you get over the shock of what happens on screen you see how hilarious it is. The "Tina!!! BRING ME THAT AXE!" and "No...WIRE HANGERS!!!!", especially in the wire hangers scene, jesus, wow. She must've been the model for Heath Ledgers Joker. :o

1MA, it's really a shame that you won't look further into Bunuel after Un Chien Andalou, it's a bit strange to discard (is that the right word?) a director that made over 20 films based on a twinty minute short, that also was the first film of his career. :)

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

1MA, it's really a shame that you won't look further into Bunuel after Un Chien Andalou, it's a bit strange to discard (is that the right word?) a director that made over 20 films based on a twinty minute short, that also was the first film of his career. :)

I'm not totally opposed to giving his work another look, I've still got a boxset of a few of his films on my Amazon wishlist (which I use as a list of stuff that I might buy in the future). I don't know, things with eyes just creep me out, it was the shock of it all at first (I didn't know anything about the film at all).

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

The Blair Witch Project

Zodiac

The Grudge

Watched all of these in a row with my best friend and our other friend..we watched the grudge at night and then we had to walk our friend home in the dark...i love being scared by films \' scared me stupid...and i love it ::' Horror/thriller films are probably my favourite genre

Smashing Pumpkins Fan? Check out my sticky! ~ CYB Worthy viewtopic.php?f=77&t=759663

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png

You were scared by Blair Witch Project?

Only thing i wanted to do in that film was punch the main women in the face.

It scared me a little bit..only the ending really

I just wanted to kill the guy, think he was called mike, who was just the most annoying idiot in the world >.< lol

Smashing Pumpkins Fan? Check out my sticky! ~ CYB Worthy viewtopic.php?f=77&t=759663

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png

I'm not totally opposed to giving his work another look, I've still got a boxset of a few of his films on my Amazon wishlist (which I use as a list of stuff that I might buy in the future). I don't know, things with eyes just creep me out, it was the shock of it all at first (I didn't know anything about the film at all).

Ah, okay. I can assure you that he didn't do stuff like that in his later work. He's less radical in his later films, and Un Chien Andalou is also made with Dali, the eye thing might even be his idea. :) It would be a shame to miss out the great stuff he made because of that. :) I can really recommend the box on amazon. :) I don't know if the interview book Bunuel on Bunuel has been translated in English, but if it has been translated I can recommend it. :thumbup:

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Been watching a lot of Sci-Fi recently.

The Matrix

Children of Men

Blade Runner

Terminator 1 + 2.

5 pretty decent movies imo, especially Blade Runner and Children of Men.

keen.png

Shooter. It's about an ex-military sniper that is hired by some corrupt members of the government and military to assassinate the President while he was delivering a public speech. In reality, they were trying to frame him as they killed the Bishop of Ethiopia and blamed him for being a traitor.

^Pretty good movie.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Rewatching all three for the hell of it. I don't get the hate on the second and third, to me they're all equally great.

p2gq.jpg

Funny People. One of the worst movies I have ever seen in my life...
really? Wait... what did you think of "Superbad" or "Pinapple Express"?

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

I watched The Ugly Truth almost 2 weeks ago. It was actually much better than I expected- thought it was just going to be another chick-flick.

FMAsig.jpg

[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Watchmen - Pretty good film. Most disturbing scene for me was when the kid tore off part of that teen's flesh. Violence in it seems a bit excessive at times, but, it's the level of violence I would have wanted in X-Men Origins.

28 Days Later - Again, pretty good, though it seemed like the content was mostly suited towards a 15 rating, if the hospital scene at the start was changed slightly.

28 Weeks Later - Better than what I expected from knowing the basics about it. Out of all 3 of these films, this one disturbed me the most with one scene. Had to look away when the Infected was driving his thumbs right into the woman's eyes, yes, I know this was in the first too, however, this one was showing it close up.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Batman Begins.

Sadly, its extremely underrated while The Dark Knight is extremely overrated.

I found Dark Knight better, but I don't like Christian Bale. And Heath Ledger really played the Joker the way I thought was appropriate for the new direction Batman is taking. Although, I do agree that it was overrated. Just don't tell my sister I said that. Seriously... she'd murder me in my sleep.

Last night I rewatched Funny Games.

I think I judged it too harshly in the other thread I made a while back. Now that's not saying it's a good movie, but it's not really awful either.

The acting by the antagonist is great (as far as I'm concerned theres only one that can be considered the main antagonist, the other guy is just kind of...there.) People complain that he was emotionless, but thats the point. It's just another day at the office for him. It doesn't just get off on lots of gore, you just wonder what the hell is going on in their heads, and it really works here. It keeps your attention.

The ending is at least decent, when they take the boat and head off to the next house, using the same trick to get the owner to let them in. It shows how they've done it before, and will continue to do it, just for [cabbage]s and giggles.

But then there's that one scene. That one, God damn scene. Where Naomi Watts shoots the one guy, and the other franticly looks for the remote and rewinds time to stop her. Bull. [bleep]ing. [cabbage]. There were a few things they could have done with this scene, but they did it the worst posssible way.

A. She could reach for the gun and kill both of them.

B. She could reach for the gun and kill one of them, then have the other grab her and continue to the end.

C. Have her grab the gun and get caught, then continue to the end.

The whole rewinding thing was just...no. It seems like such a ridiculous turn for something that has such a grounding in reality for the rest of the film.

All in all, it's worth watching, but people who like to see the bad guy get it will be dissapointed.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.