200M in all Skills

Makilio

If money wasn't an issue, you could always meet up with Jake and James/Simon without any Jagex involvement at all.

It'd still be a massive event, especially as Runeshark would probably livestream it, and you wouldn't be forced to toe the Jagex line or else.

You don't understand it, do you? What transpired, is not being opposed on the grounds that Suomi merely broke RS/Jagex rules; people aren't complaining because Suomi refused to toe the Jagex line; rather we are of the mind that what Suomi did was unconscionable on ethical and social grounds. One should not go around accepting acts of gratitude from people and then badmouth them treacherously and with juvenility on Youtube. In one of the rare times that Jagex actually decided to show some generosity to someone from from the community, that someone decided that they would much rather stab them in the back in front of an internet audience. It's simply wrong to do socially, and ethically; it has nothing to do with the game. Hence, why, even people like me and others who are typically much more consistent and vociferous critics of Jagex than Suomi is, are supporting Jagex in this instance.

• Like 5

If money wasn't an issue, you could always meet up with Jake and James/Simon without any Jagex involvement at all.

It'd still be a massive event, especially as Runeshark would probably livestream it, and you wouldn't be forced to toe the Jagex line or else.

You don't understand it, do you? What transpired, is not being opposed on the grounds that Suomi merely broke RS/Jagex rules; people aren't complaining because Suomi refused to toe the Jagex line; rather we are of the mind that what Suomi did was unconscionable on ethical and social grounds. One should not go around accepting acts of gratitude from people and then badmouth them treacherously and with juvenility on Youtube. In one of the rare times that Jagex actually decided to show some generosity to someone from from the community, that someone decided that they would much rather stab them in the back in front of an internet audience. It's simply wrong to do socially, and ethically; it has nothing to do with the game. Hence, why, even people like me and others who are typically much more consistent and vociferous critics of Jagex than Suomi is, are supporting Jagex in this instance.

Just because someone is kind to you, that doesn't mean you should change how you think. Yes Jagex offering Suomi a free flight to England was gracious on their part. Yes Suomi flaming them on YT was a bit over the top compared to the standard "[bleep] Jagex, [bleep] SoF, [bleep] insertupdatehere." But if that's how he feels towards Jagex, why should he change his stance based on the offer of a free flight? Would that not be almost as bad according to your evidently oh so stringent moral standards? If he was effectively bribed into saying things other than what he actually felt?

I remember Runeshark offering to livestream your 5B xp party Suomi. Even if you cannot come to England for whatever reason, you could still get 5B xp that way, if the future trip to Jagex doesn't pan out either. No need to let such a small issue get in the way of the culmination of however many years of playing.

• Like 2

Asmodean <3

Even if they invite him again it would be so very awkward, definitely wouldn't go haha

Yes, I don't think any further action against Suomi should be taken (for instance, he shouldn't be banned or anything of the sort, unless he seriously violates rules in the future), but I don't think they should resend their invitation. This should serve as a cautionary tale. I have a feeling though that Jagex will change their minds and invite him again (and according to Suomi's explanation video, he is actually holding out on the hopes that they will forget this and invite him again), but I think it would be best if they didn't.

Just because someone is kind to you, that doesn't mean you should change how you think. Yes Jagex offering Suomi a free flight to England was gracious on their part. Yes Suomi flaming them on YT was a bit over the top compared to the standard "[bleep] Jagex, [bleep] SoF, [bleep] insertupdatehere." But if that's how he feels towards Jagex, why should he change his stance based on the offer of a free flight? Would that not be almost as bad according to your evidently oh so stringent moral standards? If he was effectively bribed into saying things other than what he actually felt?

I remember Runeshark offering to livestream your 5B xp party Suomi. Even if you cannot come to England for whatever reason, you could still get 5B xp that way, if the future trip to Jagex doesn't pan out either. No need to let such a small issue get in the way of the culmination of however many years of playing.

I dont think many of us see it as a small issue, and you have to remember that is not even how suomi felt he was joking *cough*, his actual stance is "Love you so much Jagex, thank you so much for this amazing game."

Just because someone is kind to you, that doesn't mean you should change how you think.

And where did I suggest such a thing? You can accept an act of kindness from Jagex, and still maintain that you think they are wrong in several aspects of their management of this game (SoF, SGS, whatever else you don't like). That's perfectly acceptable. That's just accepting their gift, while offering constructive criticism. What is NOT acceptable is to take such a generous gift from them and go on a rant in the most juvenile way possible, about how they're basically evil [bleep]'ers. If you're taking a gift from them, you can at least be civil in your disagreements with them.

Yes Jagex offering Suomi a free flight to England was gracious on their part. Yes Suomi flaming them on YT was a bit over the top compared to the standard "[bleep] Jagex, [bleep] SoF, [bleep] insertupdatehere." But if that's how he feels towards Jagex, why should he change his stance based on the offer of a free flight? Would that not be almost as bad according to your evidently oh so stringent moral standards? If he was effectively bribed into saying things other than what he actually felt?

The sorts of things he said were far beyond constructive criticism. They were completely uncalled for. If he truly feels they are that way, then rather than changing his mind, he simply should refuse to accept such a gift. You can't maintain that they are evil bastards, all the while being a recipient of, perhaps the most generous thing they have done.

Edit: Also you folks are moving goal-posts. Suomi claims he was just "joking" (I don't find this convincing but that aside), and in this post you are claiming that these are his "true feelings", so why should he "change them?" Which is it? If Suomi was truly joking, this is a horrible thing to say to people who are being charitable to you. If this is how he truly feels, he should have the courage of his convictions and refuse such a gift from people if he truly thinks they are evil bastards. You can't have it both ways.

• Like 1

But if that's how he feels towards Jagex, why should he change his stance based on the offer of a free flight? Would that not be almost as bad according to your evidently oh so stringent moral standards? If he was effectively bribed into saying things other than what he actually felt?

I think the saying is "If you want to gather honey, don't kick over the beehive". It's just common manners really. We all disagree with everyone else on some level; we're all unique after all. But it's still essential we remain courteous and civil and maintain some grasp of perspective.

So does anyone know what Suomi said in the first place to get the mute? I could understand the anger on his part if it was undeserved.

General consensus is he got what was coming to him.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

So does anyone know what Suomi said in the first place to get the mute? I could understand the anger on his part if it was undeserved.

I'd imagine we can't put the video directly here because it contains heavily sexualised content. It's still up, a quick Google search would find it.

I know Suomi visits this board, but for what my advice is worth; just remove the videos. Yes you look a little bit humbled and your pride takes a knock, but believe me it's a far better option than letting this go on and having everyone put their noses where it's not belonged.

I'd imagine we can't put the video directly here because it contains heavily sexualised content. It's still up, a quick Google search would find it.

I know Suomi visits this board, but for what my advice is worth; just remove the videos. Yes you look a little bit humbled and your pride takes a knock, but believe me it's a far better option than letting this go on and having everyone put their noses where it's not belonged.

He never says exactly what its for, just that its x-rated material

Has someone got a stable for all these highhorses? Flaming about flaming. It's rather...well I guess it's standard for the par on TIF...and Runescape...and the internet.

Stay classy, you hypocritical [bleep]s.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

This is so [bleep]ing retarded lol. To have all the shit we've gone through on this thread over the years all 9000 of the 2010 no lifing debates and the 2011/12 donation arguments all the hours put into grinding and strategizing culminate into some petty grade school tier argument just rustles my jimmies.

So some Jmod gets buttmad because Suomi plays the 'Jagex [bleep]ed me again' rage card (oh lord, the humanity) while voicing over that people should not take the vernacular used in the video seriously about a bazillion times and cancelled his trip. Yeah the [bleep] jokes got really old really fast but it seems like a pretty dramatic move on Jagex's part to cancel this so close to the due date, like all this shit does is divide the community up even further right before an event that is supposed to bring everyone together to celebrate the greatest achievement in this shit excuse for a game thus far.

Sure Jagex has the right to do whatever the hell they want but to me it seems like a pretty illogical move. A shitty example, but like I mean when you see pictures of world leaders at a peace treaty conference you aren't gonna see them scorning at each other despite things that they may have muttered under their breath about each other in the past. They are shaking hands and smiling so that the public shares that same sense of camaraderie portrayed in that picture. Sometimes it’s best just to go through with it. Everything's gotta look buddy buddy for the public u know?

Plus one to what the 99 Farm guy said on the other page. It is YOUR ACHIEVEMENT. That’s great that they initially offered to fly you there but if they can’t take your opinion and frustration on what has become of the game you invested your entire [bleep]ing life into then let it be, maybe they aren't the greatest of people to meet up with. It seems the perk of the trip was to meet up with RuneShark and Jake, so go and do exactly just that. Jagex doesn't need to have to babysit you and give you ‘time out’ for your ‘bad words!’

Like, I don't even give two thirds of a shit anymore about the logistics of which party was more morally righteous, the whole scenario is just a big fudgeball of awwsmiletism and the fact that the greatest achievement in this game I play has to culminate in this makes me a fair bit queasy.

If this is all some kind of sick joke to spice things up for tomorrow then http://puu.sh/xptk

k that's my 2cents u may now go back to your regularly scheduled buttfrustration

• Like 10
A13d.png

Has someone got a stable for all these highhorses? Flaming about flaming. It's rather...well I guess it's standard for the par on TIF...and Runescape...and the internet.

There's something about the Internet that makes me want to respond to your comment.

I think that both parties did things that were immature, but then again, responding this way is pretty immature as well. So yes, we're all hypocrites. Join the movement!

What did Jagex do immature? Reward a player with an expense paid trip then decide he doesn't deserve it because they are tired of getting talked crap about by him? Sounds fair to me

• Like 10
Boredom.png

My favorite is when someone flames the flamers for flaming about other flamers. It's a vicious cycle.

Look at my hypocritical-ass self.