200M in all Skills

Makilio

Of course part of why people get 99s is for the social prestige, or the "ZOMG you're so awesome!" chants that it extracts from other players. And there's nothing wrong with it. By our very nature we are social beings, and happiness is contingent upon a social context.

• Like 1

anyone who claims they aren't doing something to get recognition from other people is absurd. it's a human trait everyone shares. it's in our freaking dna. the guy driving the 100k car? yeah he's saying to himself "look at my expensive car you poor peasant folk".

and when is suomi going to max? quit being a diva and get the last damn 1 xp.

He refuses to do so until Jagex invites him to Jagex HQ again. Either that, or this is some elaborate troll to give the 2nd and 3rd ranks a false hope, and then to spring it on them when they are close.

Half the reason I maxed was so I could get a nice-looking cape that could match my outfit no matter what it was.

The other part is because I like every skill and wanted to be a master of them.

Social gratification played a small role, but I would have maxed even if no one would have recognized my achievement.

My point is, social gratification isn't always the sole motivator, and sometimes it's just an additional benefit.

• Like 8

Doubt it, if someone spends that many hours for a cape.. on a game.. no just no. Its for the recognition. Same reason people get 200ms, no other reason for that at all.

Take the highscores away from this game and see how successful it would've been. No one competing to be in the spotlight then.

• Like 1
Boredom.png

and when is suomi going to max? quit being a diva and get the last damn 1 xp.

He refuses to do so until Jagex invites him to Jagex HQ again. Either that, or this is some elaborate troll to give the 2nd and 3rd ranks a false hope, and then to spring it on them when they are close.

what is he, 12?

LOL almost everyone in Runescape says "I'm doing my goal for myself and myself only" but you know deep down you want people to say "omg ur freaking awesome!!!" "Omg I worship the ground you walk on" "omg!!!!!!!!!!!!"

And somehow, you can know this, right?

Well, duh, and yea it applies to things outside Runescape too.

So if I tell you that you don't even know these people and cannot see in their minds, you would still say that, right?

Have you ever heard someone say that they're wearing a skillcape because it matches their outfit?

That... Was kind of the reason why I wanted to get 99 cooking in the first place, you know?

• Like 1

I got 99 cooking for nostalgia purposes. When I played on my first account 10 years ago, my highest skill was like 43 strength.. But then cooking was 69! Then I got it up to 70. And that was without ever actively training cooking. So I felt like I was a heavy duty expert chef. So later, after maxing combat, I realized I wanted to revitalize that FLAME for cooking.

All the combat 99s I got so I could kick ass. I got almost 30M ranging experience, because I started as a range pure and as I got more and more range experience I really felt like my character was becoming a super expert at archery.

Actually, all my 99s I got because I really enjoyed feeling like I was making my character extremely well-rounded and talented and powerful.

I hope these anecdotes aren't off-topic. I'm just trying to give a perspective as to why some peppe might get 99s for reasons other than recognition. Though as an actor, I might get a tiny bit more emotionally invested in my character than some others do. (I'm not really buying that. I think just about everybody gets emotionally attached to their character. I mean you spend so much time with it, how could you not?)

• Like 1
the-graduate-bus.png

I got my first 99 for the cape, second for the trim, 3rd I don't really remember even but it was not for the recognition, it was wc after all, 4th for beautiful cape :3, 5th for another pretty cape, 6th for Gps, 7th to get pretty cape with the gps I earned during getting 6th cape, 8th to test my limits, 9-16(?) to make my character epic and to gain recognition.

I mean, how goddamn pretty are these stats:

Firemaking%2099.PNG

17-24 to gain shit ton of total levels to a relatively short period of time( 2188-2376 was probably the highest levels per day ratio in a long term since 1800 total or so :P)+ access to HLF which was pretty awesome back when I gained access there, it only turned shit after dg came out and this kind of dg elitism came around.

Dg to be maxed again and to gain epic recognition from noobs. (with mah pmod crown it was so good :3 )

Yeah I had pretty low self esteem back then being recognized by random people over the internet made me feel better about myself :P

Doubt it, if someone spends that many hours for a cape.. on a game.. no just no. Its for the recognition. Same reason people get 200ms, no other reason for that at all.

Take the highscores away from this game and see how successful it would've been. No one competing to be in the spotlight then.

Suomi said he'd be happier if there was no hiscores :)

Youtube Video

Blocks for first to 200m in a skill.

And that is why 2007scape will inevitably become 2013 scape. You can't run away from greed and rich people controlling the market. There is no equal, blank slate.

• Like 6

Not only that, as soon as script-writers finish making basic gold farming scripts (which let's be honest - aren't exactly hard compared with EOC), there will be gold selling sites selling RS07GP to the IRL rich folk. This has many very little change to the situation of people "buying" success.

Maybe people enjoy the gameplay? That is the point, after all.

If you believe 90% of what people that play RuneScape say, then no, people don't play this game for fun.

What an absurd idea.

Sylpheed.png

I'd honestly question how much recognition a skillcape earns these days. Pretty much everyone has one, and let's be honest, getting 99 in a skill (or 120 dungeoneering) in RuneScape is hardly the pinnacle of gaming achievement. I have two 99s. Dungeoneering was a byproduct of enjoying that skill so much. Magic was to improve combat performance in DG mainly. I didn't really think about social recognition in either of them.

I'd honestly question how much recognition a skillcape earns these days. Pretty much everyone has one, and let's be honest, getting 99 in a skill (or 120 dungeoneering) in RuneScape is hardly the pinnacle of gaming achievement. I have two 99s. Dungeoneering was a byproduct of enjoying that skill so much. Magic was to improve combat performance in DG mainly. I didn't really think about social recognition in either of them.

Even being Maxed is not that much of an achievement. It's because of the ridiculous experience rates for some skills, bonus weekends, and tons of free experience on the SoF. It's nonsense, and it's Jagex shooting themselves into the foot long term. What are they going to do when they have 20K Maxed players? Release a new skill/GM quest every month/week? Hell, a lot of the players interested in 2007 were maxed people who don't have much to do.

I got 99 cooking for nostalgia purposes. When I played on my first account 10 years ago, my highest skill was like 43 strength.. But then cooking was 69! Then I got it up to 70. And that was without ever actively training cooking. So I felt like I was a heavy duty expert chef. So later, after maxing combat, I realized I wanted to revitalize that FLAME for cooking.

All the combat 99s I got so I could kick ass. I got almost 30M ranging experience, because I started as a range pure and as I got more and more range experience I really felt like my character was becoming a super expert at archery.

Actually, all my 99s I got because I really enjoyed feeling like I was making my character extremely well-rounded and talented and powerful.

I hope these anecdotes aren't off-topic. I'm just trying to give a perspective as to why some peppe might get 99s for reasons other than recognition. Though as an actor, I might get a tiny bit more emotionally invested in my character than some others do. (I'm not really buying that. I think just about everybody gets emotionally attached to their character. I mean you spend so much time with it, how could you not?)

Oh I'm not doubting that some people get their 99's for certain, non-recognition driven reasons, I was referring to wearing the cape after the goal has been completed - you want to share your achievement with everybody.

I wear my hp cape because I think it looks the best with my outfit. Truth be told, I'd assume my other capes have more "prestige" look at me type factor. I just think HP looks the best

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

lol this guy makes the best posts

• Like 7
A13d.png

i come here for xp related topics on current rs, not 07rs and i guess not discussions on outfits. i dont really mind discussing that stuff as long as there is an active discussion on what this thread is made for.

btw im not hating on 07scape, but i had my time with it in 2007, and now is now. thats all

• Like 10

Oh I'm not doubting that some people get their 99's for certain, non-recognition driven reasons, I was referring to wearing the cape after the goal has been completed - you want to share your achievement with everybody.

I wear my skillcapes under my keepsaked Classic cape.