200M in all Skills

Makilio

But requiring people to have a smart phone for the best account security is a bit silly. Jagex should beef up their current system if there are to be any improvements

I don't think that's silly at all. More security is always good, more security that doesn't require a smartphone would be better, sure, but that's not a reason to complain about a good thing.

But requiring people to have a smart phone for the best account security is a bit silly. Jagex should beef up their current system if there are to be any improvements

I don't think that's silly at all. More security is always good, more security that doesn't require a smartphone would be better, sure, but that's not a reason to complain about a good thing.

too bad i don't have one>.>

http://puu.sh/9km6r/c7677d951f.jpg i would buy for 10-20bonds tbh or even more, if they would make such thing for rs :3

• Like 1
G0d_Vs_D3vil.png

They remote controlled his computer, therefore they didn't need JAG. Password was keylogged. The question is if Jagex will return his items when the account only was accessed from his own IP?

They shouldn't. No regular player would get their items back, top 15 players shouldn't get special privileges.

Incase you wasn't aware, they tried out a thing where they refunded hijacked accounts items, for a while, but something went wrong and they put a few million too many archer rings on some guys acc and it made them crash. So it's not special privileges, just a new thing they have been trying out, if someone gets hijacked for all their shit they deserve to get it given back, regardless of if they're top 15 or top 150,000

No they do not "deserve to get it given back". I'm sorry but keeping your account secure is very simple. I've been playing for 8 years or so and i've never had anyone access my account unless i allowed it. You can't try and say that it's because i'm not "known" enough because enough of the "wrong kind of people" knew who i was when staking was still big and stakers still sold a lot.

It sucks that he got hacked, but if you're going to be careless (even though you're unaware that you're being so), then you have to expect that it's going to happen at some point. It's not that hard to keep things secure.

That is an incredibly naïve and ignorant thing to say. If there are 10 things you can do to keep your account secure and you do 9 out of 10, then get hacked, it's not your fault. It's the hackers fault for exploiting a system as asinine as Jagex one. Jagex introduced Jag and hyped it as the end all be all for hacking. But it's fatal flaw is that it depends on a third entity to work; emails. If your email isn't two step verified (and as we can see in gunnars case, all emails you use for runescape) Jag is worthless. I've seen what happened to gunnar happen to others. The guy had a low lvl noob that also had jag but no two step verification on the email, as it's just some random noob acc so who cares right? Well they recovered the email, removed jag, got the acc, then got the main by whining to jagex in emails. Instead of Jag all Jagex needed to do was remove the email middle man system all together and introduce a two step verification system for the account itself.

But in the end, all you can do is keep the honest people honest. Many front pagers have had their accounts accessed to varying degrees. One time hackers went so far as to fly to Florida where kngkyle was living at the time, access his wireless internet somehow, then try to recover his acc by using the very same ip he was using. How do you protect your self from that? Don't assume that just because you've been safe all these years that the other guy that got hacked is an idiot.

I'm sure someone more intelligent than myself could link us to a paradox or invalid argument that you're experiencing; ie- it didn't happen to me so it cant happen to you.

• Like 2
I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

First I'd like to say that this definetly sucks for gunnar and im also kind of scared myself if JAG and other jagex security measures can't stop a hack.

Second, even if only top page players got their things back, or only well known players, id rather see some people get their stuff back than no one at all.  Why should everyone have to suffer if it's possible to help some people.  I get the whole idea that it may not be "fair" but its better than Jagex not helping when they can.  Thats just my take on it, i have no problem with well known players getting help, because honestly their problems do get publicized more and get jagex's attention more, and jagex could not possibly pay that close attention to every players account at this point.  

The presence or absence of JAG on your account and your account security have nothing to do with one another. It is completely useless. I said this on this thread the last time a high profile player's account security was compromised too. Lock your PC up with a chain and padlock and you're doing as much good as you are by enabling JAG.

Google 2 step is the one and only thing that provides even a measure of security for your account. If your bank is worth as much real money as I heard Dragonseance's is/was, it doesn't really matter either way, people will go to lengths that would make accessing an RS account look trivial for far less money than that.

Asmodean <3

besides drowns and Y0 sushi, is there any others with high xp but not maxed?

I promised to give a time update once a week, just wondering if there are any others 'off the radar' to check?

Anyone know of someone sitting on 150m xp in div, rc, fish and slay but not even 99 in everything else?

I'm not saying anyone deserves to get hacked, and i'm not saying you're an idiot if you get hacked. Sorry if i made it seem that way. Like i said, it sucks. I can't even imagine what i would feel if i had lost what he lost. It's just a game, but it's real hours and real time invested. You don't just lose pixels, you also lose a lot of time invested.

However... as far as i'm aware (and i might be partially/completely wrong) when you request a recovery for an account certain questions need to be answered:

Account creation date.

ISP the account was created on.

Most recent/current ISP.

Billing information such as receipt number (or something along those lines).

Old passwords ( i think you can provide up to 3).

Current/Most recent password.

5 Recover questions (or you could tick the "i didn't create these" box).

Have you moved recently (or something like that).

And then there's a small box to put some extra information to help speed up the process.

Sure enough the majority of these questions can be answered with access to someone's e-mail. But some of them can't. I don't think there's any way of knowing the creation date of an account unless you tell someone. Same goes for old passwords.

This goes for whether you're trying to recover it using the recovery page on the site or if you try recovering it via accountsupport/billingsupport.

This is the process i had to follow every time i recovered an account.

But like i said, i might be wrong about this.

I'm sure there's also ways to recover accounts by just relentlessly sending jagex qq emails.

I promised to give a time update once a week, just wondering if there are any others 'off the radar' to check?

Anyone know of someone sitting on 150m xp in div, rc, fish and slay but not even 99 in everything else?

http://crystalmathlabs.com/tracker/rsvirtualhiscores.php?page=totalxp&pagenum=1&count=30&filter=onhiscores

Tufty

Not really as high exp as those others, but he does have 200m div and rc with <2400 total if that interests you.

Thanks Licert and Pingouin.  Yeah, thats the site I'm using.  Main reason I was interested in div and rc was those are the 2 biggest hour eaters.

Anyways, here is a feeble attempt to get back on topic;

I'm only listing those under 5k hours.  Why?  We're expecting a new skill by the end of the year.  7 months * 30 days / month * 18 hours / day = 3780 hours.  I'm interested in who will be at 5.2 when the new skill comes out.  If you want more names, click 'like this.'  10 clicks and I'll go 6k hours.  I've only checked the top 50 in xp.

Credit for this concept goes to Gemeos (everyone say 'thank you Gemeos' so that his panties don't get in a bunch) as well as Merideth for the calculator.

Hours left until maxed:

Drumgun -- 833

Forsberg888 -- 1456 (half of his fishing is 462 hours possible saved from sc.  Next weeks treasure hunter is a fishing pole skin that gives a 20% chance to catch 2 fish and stack double xp)

S U O M I -- 1895

Jake -- 1913

Geel -- 2126

Jdelacroix -- 2327

Alkan -- 3007

Crystalfarm -- 3426

Dragonseance -- 3554

Killerjv -- 3856

My Kingz -- 3939

Pieter -- 4084

Scuzzy5 -- 4514

Almostlost -- 4576

Angerfist -- 4958

Please don't ask me anything about the xp rates used.

Thanks

• Like 1

Thanks Licert and Pingouin.  Yeah, thats the site I'm using.  Main reason I was interested in div and rc was those are the 2 biggest hour eaters.

Anyways, here is a feeble attempt to get back on topic;

I'm only listing those under 5k hours.  Why?  We're expecting a new skill by the end of the year.  7 months * 30 days / month * 18 hours / day = 3780 hours.  I'm interested in who will be at 5.2 when the new skill comes out.  If you want more names, click 'like this.'  10 clicks and I'll go 6k hours.  I've only checked the top 50 in xp.

Credit for this concept goes to Gemeos (everyone say 'thank you Gemeos' so that his panties don't get in a bunch) as well as Merideth for the calculator.

Hours left until maxed:

Drumgun -- 833

Forsberg888 -- 1456 (half of his fishing is 462 hours possible saved from sc.  Next weeks treasure hunter is a fishing pole skin that gives a 20% chance to catch 2 fish and stack double xp)

S U O M I -- 1895

Jake -- 1913

Geel -- 2126

Jdelacroix -- 2327

Alkan -- 3007

Crystalfarm -- 3426

Dragonseance -- 3554

Killerjv -- 3856

My Kingz -- 3939

Pieter -- 4084

Scuzzy5 -- 4514

Almostlost -- 4576

Angerfist -- 4958

Please don't ask me anything about the xp rates used.

Thanks

Interesting.. thanks for the list! (Also, thanks Gemeos!)

Didn't think Jdelacroix had so few hours left.

Interesting.. thanks for the list! (Also, thanks Gemeos!)

Didn't think Jdelacroix had so few hours left.

Crystalfarm and Killerjv stand out to me.  Two guys never really talked about.

crystalfarm- conor known skinny newb nolifer, killerjv- newb from latvia barliukas in ee clan :D

G0d_Vs_D3vil.png

Atticusbird?

• Like 1

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

crystalfarm- conor known skinny newb nolifer, killerjv- newb from latvia barliukas in ee clan :D

WHAT???  I have no clue what you are trying to say????  Please, you do not have to give Racist explanations and hateful reasons why some people suck.  Take your hate and go away.  Fact is, these people are better than you.  So do not post hateful comments about them.  Deal with it, your not as good.

Look, I can do the same thing.

G0d vs D3vil -- 2nd grade intelligence that can't make a complete sentence and accuses everyone higher than him as failure and/or cheater.

-----------------------------------------------------

Jebrim -- thanks for the name.  ATM Atticusbird sits at 9480 hours, but I'll watch the account.

WHAT???  I have no clue what you are trying to say????  Please, you do not have to give Racist explanations and hateful reasons why some people suck.  Take your hate and go away.  Fact is, these people are better than you.  So do not post hateful comments about them.  Deal with it, your not as good.

G0d vs D3vil -- 2nd grade intelligence that can't make a complete sentence and accuses everyone higher than him as failure and/or cheater.

Jebrim -- thanks for the name.  ATM Atticusbird sits at 9480 hours, but I'll watch the account.

i know that my self that my english skills rlly bad>.> and i call ppl cheaters only who buys keys:p and latvia "braliukas" means brother since im from lithuania :D and didnt said anything racist>.>

G0d_Vs_D3vil.png

lolwot?

@gvd - #rekt

Elias

Paulrat3

Jowett

Y0 Sushi

RIP Bector

0men Wolf

ivehadenough

Rufioso

Scl

Adaro

sou brasil11

Sero

Tesco

Dark Lust

5Hour Energy

tg

Lyphe

ppl who have 2b xp+ and they are not not maxed total. 201 person has 2b xp

• Like 1
G0d_Vs_D3vil.png

Elias

Paulrat3

Jowett

Y0 Sushi

RIP Bector

0men Wolf

ivehadenough

Rufioso

Scl

Adaro

sou brasil11

Sero

Tesco

Dark Lust

5Hour Energy

tg

Lyphe

Drowns?

Elias

Paulrat3

Jowett

Y0 Sushi

RIP Bector

0men Wolf

ivehadenough

Rufioso

Scl

Adaro

sou brasil11

Sero

Tesco

Dark Lust

5Hour Energy

tg

Lyphe

Drowns?

missed it -.- anyways http://www.indecentcode.com/hs/ii.php?id=G0d+vs+D3vil change name after id if u want to see more

• Like 1
G0d_Vs_D3vil.png

i know that my self that my english skills rlly bad>.> and i call ppl cheaters only who buys keys:p and latvia "braliukas" means brother since im from lithuania :D and didnt said anything racist>.>

They are cheaters because you don't use a method. and you freak out when people accuse sc abusers of being cheaters just because you use the method. So it's official, when gvd abuses a method its not cheating. but when he cant afford to use a method it is in fact cheating.