200M in all Skills

Makilio

But your case depended entirely on Gunnar having easily cracked answers.

if he lost acces of email they can easily remove jag via support, well it used to be, when they made jag>.> even they told they wont remove jags for ppl or something like that....

G0d_Vs_D3vil.png

if he lost acces of email they can easily remove jag via support, well it used to be, when they made jag>.> even they told they wont remove jags for ppl or something like that....

9iDqH.jpg

I'm not certain this disables it but it says disable so idk, never clicked it lol

if it does completely remove it tho, whats the point of even having it >.>

9iDqH.jpg

I'm not certain this disables it but it says disable so idk, never clicked it lol

if u want disable it u need to answer 3/5 ur questions :p

G0d_Vs_D3vil.png

9iDqH.jpg

if u want disable it u need to answer 3/5 ur questions :P

lol shouldve thought of that, :D

My recovery questions were/are completely made up and not written down anywhere.

My JAG was still enabled when I got my account back (sans wealth.)

I have absolutely no idea how said hacker(s) were able to recover it without those systems stopping them/tripping some alarm.

I'm not too upset about losing bank (I can make it back should Jagex choose not to return it,) I'm just bothered that this can happen.

• Like 5

My recovery questions were/are completely made up and not written down anywhere.

I have absolutely no idea how said hacker(s) were able to recover it without those systems stopping them/tripping some alarm.

I'm not too upset about losing bank (I can make it back should Jagex choose not to return it,) I'm just bothered that this can happen.

How much did you lose?

200m Agility osrs

They remote controlled his computer, therefore they didn't need JAG. Password was keylogged. The question is if Jagex will return his items when the account only was accessed from his own IP?

I checked my logs for teamviewer and logmein, neither has been accessed in weeks, additionally the account was accessed from another ip as the interface was reverted to default. Can you tell me how you know this? Please pm me to avoid derailing this thread further.

I frequently access my account from different IP addresses and my interface remains as-is. Interface is saved in your account itself.

Note it is also very easy for a hacker to just load one of the default interfaces instead of having to deal with someone else's.

• Like 2

They remote controlled his computer, therefore they didn't need JAG. Password was keylogged. The question is if Jagex will return his items when the account only was accessed from his own IP?

They shouldn't. No regular player would get their items back, top 15 players shouldn't get special privileges.

• Like 1

They shouldn't. No regular player would get their items back, top 15 players shouldn't get special privileges.

Incase you wasn't aware, they tried out a thing where they refunded hijacked accounts items, for a while, but something went wrong and they put a few million too many archer rings on some guys acc and it made them crash. So it's not special privileges, just a new thing they have been trying out, if someone gets hijacked for all their shit they deserve to get it given back, regardless of if they're top 15 or top 150,000

• Like 3

i never really got why i keep playing a game where the common mentality is to do stupid things to ruin the game if it is possible to do so, especially right after benefiting from a recovery system out of the kindness of a normally unsympathetic game company with normally terrible security standards

but i suppose there are worse things, says the theoretical situation fairy

8f14270694.jpg

Incase you wasn't aware, they tried out a thing where they refunded hijacked accounts items, for a while, but something went wrong and they put a few million too many archer rings on some guys acc and it made them crash. So it's not special privileges, just a new thing they have been trying out, if someone gets hijacked for all their shit they deserve to get it given back, regardless of if they're top 15 or top 150,000

No they do not "deserve to get it given back". I'm sorry but keeping your account secure is very simple. I've been playing for 8 years or so and i've never had anyone access my account unless i allowed it. You can't try and say that it's because i'm not "known" enough because enough of the "wrong kind of people" knew who i was when staking was still big and stakers still sold a lot.

It sucks that he got hacked, but if you're going to be careless (even though you're unaware that you're being so), then you have to expect that it's going to happen at some point. It's not that hard to keep things secure.

• Like 1

No they do not "deserve to get it given back". I'm sorry but keeping your account simple it very simple. I've been playing for 8 years or so and i've never had anyone access my account unless i allowed it. You can't try and say that it's because i'm not "known" enough because enough of the "wrong kind of people" knew who i was when staking was still big and stakers still sold a lot.

It sucks that he got hacked, but if you're going to be careless (even though you're unaware that you're being so), then you have to expect that it's going to happen at some point. It's not that hard to keep things secure.

lol

• Like 3

No they do not "deserve to get it given back". I'm sorry but keeping your account secure is very simple. I've been playing for 8 years or so and i've never had anyone access my account unless i allowed it. You can't try and say that it's because i'm not "known" enough because enough of the "wrong kind of people" knew who i was when staking was still big and stakers still sold a lot.

though nox got banned on 195m mining xp~?????? back in 2k10~

G0d_Vs_D3vil.png

There are often circumstances beyond a person's control. Yes, I'd wager that >95% of people who get "hacked" can be fairly blamed, but it'd be really short sighted to always blame the victim for not somehow protecting themselves, especially in situations where such protection might not have prevented the "hack" anyway (as perhaps was the case in Gunnar's situation). Just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean you're doing anything more special or correct than everyone else. Try to be more empathetic.

• Like 5

noobs crowding hill giants? not on my watch

Happened to me while my account was inactive (so I had no idea about it) someone somehow "recovered" my account successfully and dropped all my rares/items, left me with pretty much nothing.

Happened to me while my account was inactive (so I had no idea about it) someone somehow "recovered" my account successfully and dropped all my rares/items, left me with pretty much nothing.

u can get back ur rares from diango.

i think its 50/50 players and jagex fault that they getting cleaned from hacking, if they manage to get email access and, if jagex removes jag, because some1 sent an letter from hacked email and after that they removes jag, then it's really flawed system.... whats the point of having it, if that should protect from email hacks too....
i think they should make again vote for pin generator(the thing which1 used for wow or irl bank accaunts), which one failed in 2k11 or 2k10, jagex should care about players more, because usually ppl who got scammed, they just quit the game :l
  • Like 2
G0d_Vs_D3vil.png

I'd agree with that assessment GVD, they managed to get access to an email I use for another acc and for whatever reason Jagex believed they were me and gave them access to the acc/allowed them to change the registered email, I have seen no evidence they got onto my computer thus far but yeah just let it be a fair warning so it doesn't happen to others. These guys seem to be able to exploit the acc recovery system, make sure two-step is enabled for your email, but that doesn't seem to be enough on its own.

Perhaps it can be made as simply as an app.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

A phone can get hijacked too, though.

Yeah but more layers = more secure tho. Not saying you cannot be hacked at all, just the more layers you add, the more difficult it is to hack someone.

• Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

But requiring people to have a smart phone for the best account security is a bit silly. Jagex should beef up their current system if there are to be any improvements

• Like 2

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?