200M in all Skills

Makilio

I'm more concerned about the people who have to support Jake (or any other player who dropped out of school for a game) than I am for him.

Mommy and Daddy?

Yeah. It's a huge burden on them, and they get nothing out of it.

Where's this nonsense coming from. Jake didn't drop out of school for RS, he dropped out for different reasons, which then left him more time to RS.

Don't spread rumours which are not true.

He got bored of school, quit it, and now he plays RS.

Good enough?

Where's this nonsense coming from. Jake didn't drop out of school for RS, he dropped out for different reasons, which then left him more time to RS.

well you cleared up this rumor pretty late. This has been flying around for quite some time

well you cleared up this rumor pretty late. This has been flying around for quite some time

I am inclined to wonder what different reasons would lead to more time for rs, only really good reasons for dropping out of school would be in my opinion

A) a well paying job that doesn't require high school level education

B) not exactly dropping out but graduating early, which would theoretically lead to higher education

C) bullying/social issues, but that would be remedied by moving schools/home tutoring etc.

D) becoming an entrepreneur, which would require either funds up front or a decent amount of business studies/mathematics knowledge etc,

None of those reasons would possibly lead to having more time for rs, as all would require the same amount of time as normal school, or more time i.e college or a career.

Other than that there is what?... boredom? winning the lottery? becoming famous thus leading to massive windfall of cash? all would be bad reasons for not completing basic high school level education.

EDIT: if I've missed anything obvious please feel free to add them, as I cannot think of any other reasons off the top of my head.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

I dropped out of high school because I had no chance of graduating before the age of 21 because I had missed out on a lot of school. I had been to 5 different schools in a 2-year period and even spent a lot of time out of school. I hadn't done any real work since the first half of my freshman year. Honestly, looking back, dropping out was the best decision I could've made. I got into college without a problem and am glad I didn't waste a ton of effort on the busywork that is high school.

• Like 1

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

I am inclined to wonder what different reasons would lead to more time for rs, only really good reasons for dropping out of school would be in my opinion

A) a well paying job that doesn't require high school level education

B) not exactly dropping out but graduating early, which would theoretically lead to higher education

C) bullying/social issues, but that would be remedied by moving schools/home tutoring etc.

D) becoming an entrepreneur, which would require either funds up front or a decent amount of business studies/mathematics knowledge etc,

None of those reasons would possibly lead to having more time for rs, as all would require the same amount of time as normal school, or more time i.e college or a career.

Other than that there is what?... boredom? winning the lottery? becoming famous thus leading to massive windfall of cash? all would be bad reasons for not completing basic high school level education.

EDIT: if I've missed anything obvious please feel free to add them, as I cannot think of any other reasons off the top of my head.

For highschool they could live in a bad school district have a learning disability or psychological problem and not every parent has resources or time to home school thier kid. Like Jebrim said the moving issue. And yes the GED is an option and after awhile highschool wont matter especially if you complete college courses later.

College i*what I was talking about when I meant quitting school* Financial aid issues, motivation, psychological, social, ect. I think taking the break was ok for me If i had gone back the next semester idk if things would have been worse or better.

• Like 1
StarViv.png

I was out of school for 3 years and still made more progress than I would've had I stayed in and finished HS lol.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

I dropped out of high school because I had no chance of graduating before the age of 21 because I had missed out on a lot of school. I had been to 5 different schools in a 2-year period and even spent a lot of time out of school. I hadn't done any real work since the first half of my freshman year. Honestly, looking back, dropping out was the best decision I could've made. I got into college without a problem and am glad I didn't waste a ton of effort on the busywork that is high school.

you're a special case. the average teenager is able to graduate in less than 3 years, have the best years of their life, and if they work hard enough get a full scholarship to university/college.

Drop out, get a GED, and go to a community college. Far better than wasting time in the hellhole that is high school. They teach the same material in one term of college that you learn in a full year of high school. It's like high school is intentionally supposed to be a waste of your time.

• Like 5

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Drop out, get a GED, and go to a community college. Far better than wasting time in the hellhole that is high school. They teach the same material in one term of college that you learn in a full year of high school. It's like high school is intentionally supposed to be a waste of your time.

Complete high school with a 4.0 GPA and multiple club and varsity sport experiences, go to a private college that costs 55k+ per year, pay for less than half of it due to athletic and academic scholarships, while at college take part in multiple internships while competing athletically at the division I level and maintaining a 3.7+ GPA, graduate with an engineering degree and multiple job offers that start at 80k+ per year.

damn i wish i dropped out and got dat big ol ged.....

EDIT: I do think that going to community college was a good choice to further your education given your circumstance.

Complete high school with a 4.0 GPA and multiple club and varsity sport experiences, go to a private college that costs 55k+ per year, pay for less than half of it due to athletic and academic scholarships, while at college take part in multiple internships while competing athletically at the division I level and maintaining a 3.7+ GPA, graduate with an engineering degree and multiple job offers that start at 80k+ per year.

EDIT: I do think that going to community college was a good choice to further your education given your circumstance.

Doubt anyone would get a 3.7 in engineering and be an athlete at the same time but yea..
StarViv.png

Doubt anyone would get a 3.7 in engineering and be an athlete at the same time but yea..

The majority of engineers on my team exceed 3.0, the 3.7 involved some luck and a lot of late nights.

Please let's get back on topic. If you want to discuss education there's a lovely thread in off topic to do so. I've had to remove some posts that took it too far and started insulting other users -- this is just one of the reasons why we can't have nice things this is strictly a discussion about the RS progress of the Top 10 and potential candidates.

PM me if you have any questions.

EDIT:

Hey, guys. I wasn't joking. Please use the link in my post to go discuss education elsewhere. I will continue to remove off topic posts as necessary -- please get back on topic. (Bold & color for emphasis, yeeeeee.)

Edited by Kimberly

hzvjpwS.gif

Took out most of the under 1m gains to keep it relatively neat.(These are roughly gains from the Start until 8h from finish of BXP)

Jake: Overall +28,210,959

Herb(122->124) +26,406,486 | Farm(120) +1,502,623

Elvis: Overall +24,177,926

Con(112->113) +8,185,120 | Sum(119->120) +14,592,337

Drumgun: Overall +20,785,636

Herb(107->109) +5,986,300 | Con(101->107) +13,830,840

Elias: Overall 0

Da Broman1: Overall +5,117,994

Herb(115->116) +4,377,140

Jdelacroix: Overall +64,759,552

Sum(118->123) +64,736,768

Kingduffy: Overall +9,685,983

Smith(124->125) +1,200,150 | Sum(117->118) +8,188,504

Dragonseance: Overall +43,948,532

Herb(119->123) +43,931,327

Chilly: Overall +35,047,638

Sum(119->122) +34,973,662

Robbie: Overall +53,490,882

Fletch(124) +8,802,900 | Sum(120->123) +42,484,864

Pope712: Overall(+1) +9,179,031

Craft(117) +856,449 | Herb(115) +5,192,532 | Dungeon(122->123) +2,312,509

Paulrat3: Overall +12,730,886

Thief(112) +4,351,748 | Sum(119) +7,609,540

Conesz: Overall +4,587,981

RC(123->124) +4,544,969

Almostlost: Overall +15,441,468

Smith(105) +1,412,845 | Thief(106->107) +1,064,770 | Hunt(106->107) +1,982,440 | Sum(120) +10,717,980

Cynder76: Overall +20,755,417

Sum(111->115) +20,056,540

Hehasnoidea: Overall +2,446,919

Farm(120) +453,082 | Con(106) +1,723,722

Clamp15: Overall +11,274,913

Herb(112->114) +10,546,320

Carcass: Overall +8,400,457

Hunt(123) +8,350,750

Paperbag: Overall +2,376,286

Agil(109->110) +1,980,823

Kngkyle: Overall +12,710,000

Smith(106->108) +5,401,089 | Con(117->118) +7,122,422

Capheraekton: Overall +9,371,727

RC(113) +2,240,818 | Sum(105->108) +6,703,348

• Like 5

jagerbluebt1.gif

Thx to MxM for parts of the sig!

CrystalFarm and Lan both had big Summoning gains and they're both 2b+ Overall.

Edited by Kimberly

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Dragonseance told me before the BXPW started that he had planned to get 180m herblore xp (He was close to 102m herb xp before the BXPW), so I think he either slacked a bit, or he is going to pull out a 16m herb xp this morning. HE also said that he will be 200m Herb by Tuesday or Wednesday.