200M in all Skills

Makilio

3M9dq.png

I wonder how long till people start buying 10's of millions of xp going for 200m agility etc (all those 4 are 'just' buying 99s, which is nothing new in 2k13)

Already seen some front pagers suddenly start gaining significant amounts of agility xp.

Oh and this is on topic to the 200m all thread so please don't delete or move to another new thread. The discussion of using RWT as a method of gaining 200M skills belongs here.

It's a necessary evil. I honestly do not think RS would be here today with RS3/html5/NIS and 2 new skills if we did not have SoF and Solomans to fund a good portion of the man-hours behind it. Yes I know there are still a lot of significant bugs and no one likes change, but it shows how much Jagex are able to put into game development.

And you have to remember, experience that is 'bought' comes at a very high cost. I asked a friend who bought spins this weekend (lamps are 1.5x) and he says it is about 5-6k xp average per spin. 100 USD is 450 spins, which comes to about 2.5m xp. That is extremely expensive in my eyes.

It does still suck, and it is pathetic when people buy spins to an extreme end, but I am more than happy to accept that fact if it means I get the plethora of good engine updates and new skills.

imp7C.jpg

(22:28:44) <@Leik> LE INTORNUTZ SPEEK xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Mish.png

3M9dq.png

I wonder how long till people start buying 10's of millions of xp going for 200m agility etc (all those 4 are 'just' buying 99s, which is nothing new in 2k13)

Already seen some front pagers suddenly start gaining significant amounts of agility xp.

Oh and this is on topic to the 200m all thread so please don't delete or move to another new thread. The discussion of using RWT as a method of gaining 200M skills belongs here.

It's a necessary evil. I honestly do not think RS would be here today with RS3/html5/NIS and 2 new skills if we did not have SoF and Solomans to fund a good portion of the man-hours behind it. Yes I know there are still a lot of significant bugs and no one likes change, but it shows how much Jagex are able to put into game development.

And you have to remember, experience that is 'bought' comes at a very high cost. I asked a friend who bought spins this weekend (lamps are 1.5x) and he says it is about 5-6k xp average per spin. 100 USD is 450 spins, which comes to about 2.5m xp. That is extremely expensive in my eyes.

It does still suck, and it is pathetic when people buy spins to an extreme end, but I am more than happy to accept that fact if it means I get the plethora of good engine updates and new skills.

I'll just copy paste my HLF post on the topic.

3M9HS.png

3MdqT.png

Edited by Kaida23
Edited your 2nd pic. Please don't post images containing words that are censored.
  • Like 5

Asmodean <3

Have I been missing something?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Whether or not you are at barb now has no bearing on the 1.2M agility you gained in 4 hours :P

Which you have already demonstrated was not done at FPF, and which you can't do with prized pendants at barb. And you apparently had no problem telling your clan mates the truth!

Asmodean <3

Are it confirmed that "Agilespan" are coming?

No, as far as I understand it, the very idea of "Agilspan" only exists because we've all seen Jagex Jagex-ing things up for too many years, and based on the fact that RC used to be the slowest skill, and then they basically made it as easy as WCing ivy, and the many other updates that have made us all jaded, cynical, hate-filled bastards, we are assuming that they're going to buff Agility at some point too.

No, as far as I understand it, the very idea of "Agilspan" only exists because we've all seen Jagex Jagex-ing things up for too many years, and based on the fact that RC used to be the slowest skill, and then they basically made it as easy as WCing ivy, and the many other updates that have made us all jaded, cynical, hate-filled bastards, we are assuming that they're going to buff Agility at some point too.

ok

They did actually say that they wanted to rework agility at some point this year, although I expect that with the RS3 release that will be pushed back to next year or later.

Asmodean <3

To be fair to Jagex, they want to bring out new and interesting ways to train skills, the problem is that if the exp is lower than a pre-existing method, they've just spent a lot lot of time and money developing content that no one will use once they check it out on release day. Sure people might do it long enough to unlock any unique rewards it might have, but even then no one will bother with it unless the rewards somehow help you get more exp elsewhere in the game or make you better in combat, compounding the problem of exp-rate-inflation and adding in some lovely gear-power-inflation for good measure. (People will get rewards just for the sake of comp / trim reqs but new content does not make those players worth any more money to Jagex, as they and all their friends who will play, already play and pay membership, and every update Jagex make has to on some level be about money, they are a company with stockholders)

Anyway, my point was that if the exp isn't best-in-game no one will give a shit about their new content, so they make the exp rate best-in-game and cause this constant exp-rate-inflation we've seen over the years.

This problem is partly Jagex's fault for lazily upping the exp rates of things to make us play them, rather than trying to appeal in other ways. It's also partly our fault for being so [bleep]ing obsessed with making the [bleep]ing numbers get bigger and being unable to enjoy the game for the simple fun of actually playing it. (Just saying, that's basically how most of us play RS, if we're really honest about it) At the end of the day there's nothing wrong with playing that way, it seems pretty normal in my opinion, especially for an MMORPG, and of course, if you're having fun then no one can say you're playing a game "wrong" but that has to be at least a contributing factor to why Jagex feel that they have to buff exp rates.

I think that updates like Bonfires are a great example.

Bonfires are a great way to skill and socialize. Some player do not like the intensive training, and to appeal to that player base, there needs to be more afk ways of training.

Bonfires are good for the game, but they should be less xp than more intensive methods. Yes Drowns put up a video of some firemaking fanciness, but who is going to do that.

I believe that bonfires should have been about 25% slower since release. Therefore the appeal would be the social, afk, skilling environment players enjoy, while not degrading previous training methods and achievements.

If they could provide alternate training methods to appeal to all types of players who enjoy all styles of training skills, but keep the intensive methods more rewarding, then the game would be a lot better.

Jagex should have spent money on going through content with this in mind, providing buffs and nerfs where necessary, rather than updates such as rs3 which do not provide the turnout needed to make them worth the money/time spent on them.

The damage they have caused to the game isnt going to kill the game, its just going to severly stunt its growth for a while until they put time into doing more things like this.

• Like 4

Alright you guys, put the measuring sticks away. Unless it's revealing some new way to train, how someone gains their xp is irrelevant as long as it's done in a manner that is within the rules of the game. Like it or not, that includes buying SoF spins. Feel free to debate whether you agree with it or not, but don't call people out on it.

If you want to argue about who said what, take it to PM.

Edited by Kaida23
  • Like 1

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I personally really enjoy seeing stuff like RS3 which completely changes the feel of the game, even if it has some glitches and other issues. As a designer I like to see the ideas they had. As a programmer I do get mad at how some of their ideas are so poorly implemented...

I like the concept of world events and how that can draw people more into the story.

Yes, EoC had issues and was not really well implemented. Sure they could've implemented it more cleanly.. (though there are technical reasons that would be more difficult in terms of engine back-end work). But I believe Jagex didn't really have a choice because of how old the game has gotten if they want to refresh for new subscribers they need some things to actually entice them in.

I know a lot of my friends have actually asked "hey what's that?" when they saw RS3 and are very surprised at how different the game is. They still remembered it as classic-style graphics.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

To be fair to Jagex, they want to bring out new and interesting ways to train skills, the problem is that if the exp is lower than a pre-existing method, they've just spent a lot lot of time and money developing content that no one will use once they check it out on release day. Sure people might do it long enough to unlock any unique rewards it might have, but even then no one will bother with it unless the rewards somehow help you get more exp elsewhere in the game or make you better in combat, compounding the problem of exp-rate-inflation and adding in some lovely gear-power-inflation for good measure. (People will get rewards just for the sake of comp / trim reqs but new content does not make those players worth any more money to Jagex, as they and all their friends who will play, already play and pay membership, and every update Jagex make has to on some level be about money, they are a company with stockholders)

Anyway, my point was that if the exp isn't best-in-game no one will give a shit about their new content, so they make the exp rate best-in-game and cause this constant exp-rate-inflation we've seen over the years.

This problem is partly Jagex's fault for lazily upping the exp rates of things to make us play them, rather than trying to appeal in other ways. It's also partly our fault for being so [bleep]ing obsessed with making the [bleep]ing numbers get bigger and being unable to enjoy the game for the simple fun of actually playing it. (Just saying, that's basically how most of us play RS, if we're really honest about it) At the end of the day there's nothing wrong with playing that way, it seems pretty normal in my opinion, especially for an MMORPG, and of course, if you're having fun then no one can say you're playing a game "wrong" but that has to be at least a contributing factor to why Jagex feel that they have to buff exp rates.

There's another option too.

Instead of releasing a new training method with higher exp/hour rates, they could release new methods that have the same exp/hour rate.

That way, it doesn't make training the skill faster, it just provides a different method of getting the same exp so that you choose which method feels the funnest to you.

The problem is balancing the content properly so that the exp/hour actually is the same as the other best methods, but that's another problem for another time.

• Like 3

There is an update to Agility coming sometime soon, but not Agilityspan. Mod Dean specifically referenced Runespan and how it was not going to be similar.

• Like 1

MqyLAlK.png

Dark_Musica.pngu7jB5FP.png

There is an update to Agility coming sometime soon, but not Agilityspan. Mod Dean specifically referenced Runespan and how it was not going to be similar.

The thing is, they actually had a good new Agility update but smashed it themselves. It is still decent, but only in very specific circumstances. I think Jebby knows what I am talking about...

• Like 2

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

^that would be fpf. Jebrim said its his favorite update ever, or one of them. Btw he can get close to 110k agi xp an hour and he said he still hasnt mastered it. Thats pretty cool.

Also i would just like to add that i feel like a bum because Fall Star, SR Chris, and Gemeos are all on top 42 today and i feel left out =(

It seems that most of the top players do Artisans for their Smithing exp (except for Superheating/Warbands etc). What sort of xp/h is expected there?

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015