200M in all Skills

Makilio

No. You can only fish each 5 ticks and that didn't change at all.

Dropping has no effect on fishing.

Yeah, it would only increase xp/hour if the apm was too high for you to maintain, causing you to lose ticks.

• Like 1

this maybe a bit off topic but does anyone have a rough estimate about how many hours did it take to get trimmed comp cape? (from about max and quest cape)

would anyone of the trimmed completionists be high in the top 15 if they didn't do reqs for trimmed comp cape?

Yea idk how it would work with combat and stuff lol....With oldschool combat it would work better.

I think they could get away with more microtransactions on mobile.

StarViv.png

2000 hours or so for trim. +- a few hundred cuz math is hard. My kings could probably have another 400m xp if he wasn't trimmed. I don't know how long it took him though, and I can't look him up to see what xp he has left, but yeah he would be a few hundred m higher if he didn't trim.

C2 is faster anyways unless you're bug abusing with potions upon which idk which is faster because I don't play that game anymore.

• Like 1

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

Has anyone else done any testing of c2 fish/wc and there xp rates? I did my c2 a while back and I had averaged over 180k over a couple of hours of testing. Would like to see others upload hour+ long videos at c2 :)

Has anyone else done any testing of c2 fish/wc and there xp rates? I did my c2 a while back and I had averaged over 180k over a couple of hours of testing. Would like to see others upload hour+ long videos at c2 :)

Drowns made some C2 Fishing and Woodcutting videos earlier this year.

http://youtu.be/wBqz5lrVGW8

and

http://youtu.be/zdTSkgzelDY

http://www.youtube.com/user/DR0WNS

Ya i have a few irl friends who got banned at the world event in lumby for literally no reason. Perm ban for botting, even tho they werent lol.

And as far as c2's go, i can say its possible to get 150k+ an hour wcing with a partner. Me and gemeos did a test on that. We didnt do both fishing and wcing and i think ive already talked to you on this thread about gemeos and i doing c2 testing, so idk if this helped you much lol

• Like 1

I don't think they would ban people for using the potion trick.

They didn't ban people for taking advantage of Dagannoths' aggressivity to get high experience rates after all.

Those are two very different things. One was clearly programmed a certain way on purpose. The other is an obscure bug with the unintended consequence that when abused breaks the system for how many ticks it takes before it checks for another fish again. The potion bug is just like any of the previous item duping bugs people have used in the past (phats, gp, etc.).

• Like 1

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

They didn't ban people for taking advantage of Dagannoths' aggressivity to get high experience rates after all.

Those are two very different things. One was clearly programmed a certain way on purpose. The other is an obscure bug with the unintended consequence that when abused breaks the system for how many ticks it takes before it checks for another fish again. The potion bug is just like any of the previous item duping bugs people have used in the past (phats, gp, etc.).

I knew someone would be pointing out that those were essentially two different things.

But on the surface, they're two methods of gaining superior experience rates that Jagex may or may not have intended to be that way.

What we now think of as the dungeoneering skill is unintended. Even in the first few days after release people were completing floors far faster than Jagex intended, and they actually banned several players thinking they must be bug abusing to be gaining dg xp that quickly. Then consider that we gain dg xp several times faster today than those first players did, and you get an idea of just how different dg is (and how much faster it is) than Jagex intended.

But sometimes you've just got to let emergent gameplay take its course. Now a JMod ought to be able to look at the hunter method and think, OK, that is a reasonable increase in xp/hr for the extra effort the player puts in. And look at the fishing method and say that the extra xp is disproportionate to the extra effort.

But then, our JMod in charge of game balance's resume goes a little something like "Hi, I'M Mod TImbo, you might remember me from such nerfs as: The Dagganoth Debacle, The Chinning Catastrophe, The Effigy Emergency, The Barrage Blow and The Icefiend Incident."

So I have little hope for a reasonable, balanced nerf, and more expect the method to be nuked into oblivion.

• Like 11

Asmodean <3

Fairly sure Timbo stated that daggs were not intended to be as overpowered as they were. So to say it was on purpose goes against what the Almighty Timbo stated on the day of the Dagg Nuke

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

It's the obscurity of this training method that is the issue. I'm all for using your brains to figure out how to complete something faster. I do that all the time. In this case, however, you're doing something that has no rational reason for why it works but is simply a bug in their coding, a bug they very much would not want out there. This is very much different from people just completing content faster than they managed to do themselves.

Seriously, the only people denying this is bug abuse are those that want to abuse the Xp rates possible with it. Why do you think they nerfed the overloads for it? That should've been a major hint that they don't approve of it. Personally I feel the way they coded it was bad and it'd be really tricky to fix it properly which is why they haven't done so already. That doesn't make it any less cheating.

• Like 4

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Fairly sure Timbo stated that daggs were not intended to be as overpowered as they were. So to say it was on purpose goes against what the Almighty Timbo stated on the day of the Dagg Nuke

We must be thinking of something else. Was there some op method on dags following the release of EoC? I was just thinking you were referring to it being really fast when you cannon it (e.g. Slayer).

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

They were agressive from a huge range, so you could afk forever with demon horn neck/blood barrage.

On the is it bug abuse y/n thing: Yes. It's clearly not intended to be that way, and the insane boost in xp it gives just reinforces that. Pretty sure a jmod said on livestream there would be rollbacks/bans?

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

We must be thinking of something else. Was there some op method on dags following the release of EoC? I was just thinking you were referring to it being really fast when you cannon it (e.g. Slayer).

• Like 1

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

But then, our JMod in charge of game balance's resume goes a little something like "Hi, I'M Mod TImbo, you might remember me from such nerfs as: The Dagganoth Debacle, The Chinning Catastrophe, The Effigy Emergency, The Barrage Blow and The Icefiend Incident."

Don't forget The Mummy Mishap, The Sentinel Slip-up, The Skeleton Scare, and The Zealot...er I don't have one for that.

• Like 3
You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

Don't forget The Mummy Mishap, The Sentinel Slip-up, The Skeleton Scare, and The Zealot...er I don't have one for that.

Curious, what was the skeleton one? Chinning under Ape Atoll?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.