Retro Revival - 15-Sep-2009

metoo1000

I can't wait to start dueling again. Funnest part of the game was pking and dueling and we will finally have that back!

Back when super sets were 20k haha.

Everyone better re-learn to catch asap!

not when everybody can simply get all 99's with best gears and head freely pking...pvp'ing for the first month gonna be pretty empty at the regular RSC ;)

Again considering you never played RSC you have no idea. It wasn't about loot, it wasn't about levels, it was about ability. Pking in RSC revolved heavily around your ability to balance prayer, pots, eating, and catching. You cant run and catch somebody in RSC. Its the gameplay that makes it pleasing.

Stop commenting on things you haven't the slightest clue about :lol: :roll:

Madcat103.png

Madcat103.png

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is pretty freaking epic. It's basically Jagex-condoned private servers for RSC, and no one has to worry about getting a "dedi" (dedicated hosting server) because you would pay Jagex to host it for you. AWESOMMMEEEE

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

I can't wait to start dueling again. Funnest part of the game was pking and dueling and we will finally have that back!

not when everybody can simply get all 99's with best gears and head freely pking...pvp'ing for the first month gonna be pretty empty at the regular RSC ;)

Again considering you never played RSC you have no idea. It wasn't about loot, it wasn't about levels, it was about ability. Pking in RSC revolved heavily around your ability to balance prayer, pots, eating, and catching. You cant run and catch somebody in RSC. Its the gameplay that makes it pleasing.

dude that wasn't the point....the point was all will be completely free were all will pk, how does that even connected to how RSC was? :?

hint: it connected to super sets = free. when i said best gears and all i was giving examples to all stuff being achieveable within seconds so it won't take tediously clicking for hours and ability, it will take ability solely.

want_a_box.png

dude that wasn't the point....the point was all will be completely free were all will pk, how does that even connected to how RSC was? :?

hint: it connected to super sets = free. when i said best gears and all i was giving examples to all stuff being achieveable within seconds so it won't take tediously clicking for hours and ability, it will take ability solely.

And RSC was coveted for its reliance on player ability in combat. You're missing the point because you never got to experience the style of play it was.

The super set comment was a quirp making fun of how the GE nerfed what was a once profitable skill (herblore).

Madcat103.png

Madcat103.png

This will be pretty sweet.... THOUGH i think jagex wouldve been better off with few servers f2p and p2p enabling cheats themselves on certain servers and others not rather then renting them out... Will just be another RSCangel... But atleast theyre exploring the idea of bringing it back. I miss RSC and rather play it than RStek5 or w.e its called lol. PKing was bomb back in the day...

superbenx.png

And RSC was coveted for its reliance on player ability in combat. You're missing the point because you never got to experience the style of play it was.

The super set comment was a quirp making fun of how the GE nerfed what was a once profitable skill (herblore).

if you say so, i don't have any experience in RSC, i've already said it quite few times.

at start i qouted about the pots never gonna be at the price you mentioned, i haven't talked even about the ability of RSC combat...you fail to see what i even referred to -.-

want_a_box.png

Oh what a grand idea!! they took away something that was free.. added 10 new features. Now they plan to charge us for it :lol: JAgex really loves us. If they try to charge me more to play runescape because of this.. I quit.

Staycw.png

"Kill anything that moves, Pick up anything that drops." -Really Tho-

"DenUsynlige"

A very interesting idea.

Depending on the cost, I might rent a server to see how it is

You can bet on me joining that server. :thumbsup:

(Apparently the forums Doesn't like me quoting or using BBCodes)

Popoto.~<3

Nice read. I would love to play classic again, and love to own those newb rs2 that never played classic before.

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

I might get a server to play around with it. I started playing in 07, so i never saw runescape back in the days of old.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

If I rent a server, will I be an admin (i.e. 'Jagex mod', gold crown) or will I be a normal player just like everyone else playing my server? Who knows.

There are no crowns in RSC, they were implemented with special attacks in march-may 2004 not sure on the month my memory is fadinggg

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I absolutely loved the idea when MMG first talked about it, but when they metion renting a server it seems to me like another ploy to turn in revenue like the security key things was (which I havn't heard much at all about lately). The concept of Jagex actually becoming a company that cares about revenue to fund mechscape and buggy updates just irks me. I don't mind paying a bit extra to play classic, but the fact that they changed from a way to bring enjoyment to their old fan base to a way to milk money out of an old fanbase is just ridiculous.

If they would promise to hire more QA team members or let a select group of longtime players test content and find bugs I wouldn't be as mad. So Jagex, either work on your budget better or find other ways to fund mechscape because, trying to milk nostalgia and peoples' fear about security is just sad. :shame:

Keep giving into the whiners who can't work for their levels and test out renting RS2 and mechscape servers. Get your heads out of the firmament Jagex and lets get back down to earth. What lasts longer Jagex, players working hard for maxed glory or whiners enjoying maxed stats for all their glory which gets old faaaaast?

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

You think pures are tough in rs2? Pures in RSC are INSANE.

RSC really is a solo-pker sorta game. Except the advent of god staffs kinda made team pking a wildy massacre in higher level p2p.

They also should make catching work 100 percent and not based on server ping.

Then again, that randomness was part of the fun.

I don't think I want to play on a cheating server though.

untitled8copyiu7.gif

I absolutely loved the idea when MMG first talked about it, but when they metion renting a server it seems to me like another ploy to turn in revenue like the security key things was (which I havn't heard much at all about lately). The concept of Jagex actually becoming a company that cares about revenue to fund mechscape and buggy updates just irks me. I don't mind paying a bit extra to play classic, but the fact that they changed from a way to bring enjoyment to their old fan base to a way to milk money out of an old fanbase is just ridiculous.

If they would promise to hire more QA team members or let a select group of longtime players test content and find bugs I wouldn't be as mad. So Jagex, either work on your budget better or find other ways to fund mechscape because, trying to milk nostalgia and peoples' fear about security is just sad. :shame:

Keep giving into the whiners who can't work for their levels and test out renting RS2 and mechscape servers. Get your heads out of the firmament Jagex and lets get back down to earth. What lasts longer Jagex, players working hard for maxed glory or whiners enjoying maxed stats for all their glory which gets old faaaaast?

I don't think they're trying to make money per se, but rather trying to reduce loss. If they released RSC on their own expense with regular rules, players would get bored because of the tedium of leveling up- or doing anything in RSC for that matter. Then they'd be stuck with a bunch of RSC servers that get a few hundred people playing and not justifying the cost to run the server.

When they allow players to rent their own server, that means that they are interested in playing RSC (albeit in their own way). So, the server will only be active when someone is paying (and presumably playing), therefore negating the server running costs to Jagex.

For an analogy, it's basically like putting a laptop computer to sleep. If you left it on all the time, you're paying to keep it on (in battery charge) even though you may not be using it. But, if it's in sleep mode by default until you want to use it, you're only paying for it when it is being used, thus minimizing unnecessary battery loss. (in the analogy, you are Jagex, battery charge is money, and the computer is a server for RSC, if you didn't follow)

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

I don't think they're trying to make money per se, but rather trying to reduce loss. If they released RSC on their own expense with regular rules, players would get bored because of the tedium of leveling up- or doing anything in RSC for that matter. Then they'd be stuck with a bunch of RSC servers that get a few hundred people playing and not justifying the cost to run the server.

When they allow players to rent their own server, that means that they are interested in playing RSC (albeit in their own way). So, the server will only be active when someone is paying (and presumably playing), therefore negating the server running costs to Jagex.

For an analogy, it's basically like putting a laptop computer to sleep. If you left it on all the time, you're paying to keep it on (in battery charge) even though you may not be using it. But, if it's in sleep mode by default until you want to use it, you're only paying for it when it is being used, thus minimizing unnecessary battery loss. (in the analogy, you are Jagex, battery charge is money, and the computer is a server for RSC, if you didn't follow)

Or they could make two or three servers. wait out the initial rush, then add more as necessary, if necessary. See? Short term pain for long term gain. For everyone!

Also, I'm wondering if this will, in fact, reduce illegal private servers. If you can already set up a private server illegally for free, why would you pay to rent one?

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?