What is it you need most in Runescape?

Guest guy4game

Guest guy4game

well, that's the question.

If you play a game, there is always something you need but can not get. Then what's that?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why I'm not playing Runescape any more.

I thought I need maxed stats, then I thought I need millions of GP, then I thought I needed the items, then I thought I needed those items to kill every monster, then I thought I needed all quests to be done, then I thought I needed to get all the stuff from mini games, and then I started to realize something. By the time I acquire all of these things, there'll already be tons of other content to achieve and get and I'd have to do the same process over and over again. Then realized, I don't play anywhere near enough to get it all done. And then finally realized that there's tons of other games I'd rather play that weren't grind fests, or made me play 5+ hours a day to be able to do what I want to do. FPS's, I pick up a gun, and I can kill people, and not have to worry about them beating me because of the time they've invested into training this or that skill, or about how much money they spent into this item that I could never afford to acquire.

Just kind of dawned on me one day. The one thing I regret not being able to get in RS was probably to get 30 kills in a row without dying in free to play PKing. Was a goal I had for awhile and I only got within 5 to 7 kills before dying from some odd and varying reasons.

I thought I need maxed stats, then I thought I need millions of GP, then I thought I needed the items, then I thought I needed those items to kill every monster, then I thought I needed all quests to be done, then I thought I needed to get all the stuff from mini games, and then I started to realize something. By the time I acquire all of these things, there'll already be tons of other content to achieve and get and I'd have to do the same process over and over again. Then realized, I don't play anywhere near enough to get it all done. And then finally realized that there's tons of other games I'd rather play that weren't grind fests, or made me play 5+ hours a day to be able to do what I want to do. FPS's, I pick up a gun, and I can kill people, and not have to worry about them beating me because of the time they've invested into training this or that skill, or about how much money they spent into this item that I could never afford to acquire.

Just kind of dawned on me one day. The one thing I regret not being able to get in RS was probably to get 30 kills in a row without dying in free to play PKing. Was a goal I had for awhile and I only got within 5 to 7 kills before dying from some odd and varying reasons.

This is actually the reason that I'm still playing to be honest, life is a journey and not just a reward. Usually when I play FPS games there is a certain base love of shooting people in the face, but it gets boring after a while because there is nothing to strive for. After a while I feel like I'm wasting my time and stop, but with runescape I know that there will be more updates: quests, minigames, and bosses to beat, meaning that my training will have payoff in the future. I can certainly see where you are coming from though...

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

I've stopped setting monetary goals or goals for 99 anything. I'm just doing whatever I feel like doing each day. The other day I got Construction up to a 70 for no reason and now I'm doing Slayer for however long. It's a great way to play.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Guest TrixStar

Take it from a long time skiller. I always had goals of 99 this and this much money. It just led to me quitting. Now that I'm back what I need are friends to enjoy the game with :)

Take it from a long time skiller. I always had goals of 99 this and this much money. It just led to me quitting. Now that I'm back what I need are friends to enjoy the game with :)

I still have you added bro <3

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Guest guy4game

I think you do not stop playing the game, because you are still here, lol

Being able to do Summer's End without melting into a whimpering puddle of nerves every time I walk into the cave and try to start chopping would be nice... REALLY NICE.

An SS would be nice too.

But mostly being able to finish Summer's End.

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

I'm here for OT and something to do at 1 am in the morning. Mainly for Video Games forum though, no other gaming forum reaches the community feeling I get from there. Also enjoy discussing the game as well, but I do not play.

Being able to do Summer's End without melting into a whimpering puddle of nerves every time I walk into the cave and try to start chopping would be nice... REALLY NICE.

An SS would be nice too.

Heh, I had to deal with this too. In some ways, it was actually easier doing this than say, Dream Mentor. No prayer plus having to risk good armor in order to fight something that hits really high in a multicombat area? Ouch. I almost died in there at one point due to it hitting really high. XD

Not that the same thing didn't almost happen in Summer's End either, but at least you can run all you want like a big sissy and it pays off; there is no actual confrontation and swinging of weapons! All you need are some quick reflexes. Thanks to energy update, you don't even have to worry too much about your run energy burning out. I gained some of my reflexes from prayer flashing with Vyrewatch (they hit pretty hard for the midlevel player so it helps). The rest is playing in WIDESCREEEEEN. When you see that shot headed your way, just book it. Since armor's almost useless in there, it's not like you have to risk anything important aside from say, a rune axe (you don't want to have to stand still that long). Plus, you can bank in between, if you are using something particularly valuable. Which I don't know why you would be anyway.

Course, in the third room, it gets so fast that you have to actually anticipate the attack before it goes off, but you probably will get over the whole "I'M GONNA DIE ARAHGERHIAGBLE" thing by then.

You seem to have almost the same stats as I do so this should be no problem once you let go of the fear of dying. I recommend frequent Stealing Creation matches for that. You will not care after so many rounds.

On topic.....I'd say that I really just want to be able to finish all the quests, so that I don't have to feel like the game is holding me back from going where I want to. People may already take that for granted, but if you don't appreciate what you have, then you have nothing.

8f14270694.jpg

My stats are high enough now that I can get most anything that I either want or need with time, and if I had to redo it all over again, I wouldn't think that I would need anything. If I have skills, I have money in time; if I have money, I have skills in time.

It's kinda Zen in a nerdy way, if you think about it.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I've stopped setting myself targets in runescape now, all I need is to have fun, and stop making it a grindfest.

I used to spend days dedicated to one thing, like raising runecrafting, making cash, slayer, etc etc. It certainly is efficient for gaining exp but I don't particularly care now, i'll get it when I get it. I'm just doing whatever I fancy doing at the time. Yesterday I did a bit of slayer and then decided to just hit up pest control. Was about to start runecrafting today but decided there's better things to do...like hit the pub soon :thumbsup: perhaps later today I'll go back to Temple Trekking I wouldn't mind getting myself some more lumberjack clothing. Haha I could totally start writing a blog about stuff now.

The update today has certainly got me tempted to start raising herblore but there's no rush.

I'm here for OT and something to do at 1 am in the morning. Mainly for Video Games forum though, no other gaming forum reaches the community feeling I get from there. Also enjoy discussing the game as well, but I do not play.

Same here, But i've quit most video games from halo to runescape. Farmville's where it's at for me.

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

What keeps me going?

I don't have any high level or cash goals.

Ofcourse, having great skills and a lot of money is nice but what keeps me going is variety and some friends.

I can't keep doing the same thing for hours.

So I do a bit of everything to keep me busy and I'm most of the time in Lady Heinous' chat when I'm online.

These guys just keep me entertained. :thumbup:

KADrb.png
260pifq.jpg

I need friends most in Runescape, and I currently have none :/

To be honest I don't really need anything in the game as such, I simply set a few goals for myself in the hope I one day reach it. Hopefully after this fishing grind I will be able to do other things with more enjoyment (because of the money backing it) and meet nice people on the way :)

Untitled-1_01-1.png

awcaddet2.gifawcaddet2.gifUntitled-1_04-1.pngsig-11716.jpgsig-11743.jpgsig-11744.jpgsig-11745.jpg

(Signature Work in Progress)

I need quests. I don't like grinding, Bounty Hunter, Castle Wars, grinding, Stealing Creation, Barrows or PvP. But training for and completing quests really keeps me going in Runescape. I was happy the day While Guthix Sleeps came out, because that meant I had a new challenge to go for.

I'm also not looking forward to the day I get 99 Slayer (in about...5 years), because the fun with achieving new Slayer-levels is almost as entertaining as quests.

Owner of Quest Cape since 11/9/2007 23:30! Working my butt off to get it back.

lemurian04.png

At the moment I'm aiming for 88 summoning, 70 agility (WGS should put me there) and unlocking TD's.

I play for fun, but to keep it fun you have to vary it and I'm running out of bosses (hence the goals).

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

An SS would be nice too.

Heh, I had to deal with this too. In some ways, it was actually easier doing this than say, Dream Mentor. No prayer plus having to risk good armor in order to fight something that hits really high in a multicombat area? Ouch. I almost died in there at one point due to it hitting really high. XD

Not that the same thing didn't almost happen in Summer's End either, but at least you can run all you want like a big sissy and it pays off; there is no actual confrontation and swinging of weapons! All you need are some quick reflexes. Thanks to energy update, you don't even have to worry too much about your run energy burning out. I gained some of my reflexes from prayer flashing with Vyrewatch (they hit pretty hard for the midlevel player so it helps). The rest is playing in WIDESCREEEEEN. When you see that shot headed your way, just book it. Since armor's almost useless in there, it's not like you have to risk anything important aside from say, a rune axe (you don't want to have to stand still that long). Plus, you can bank in between, if you are using something particularly valuable. Which I don't know why you would be anyway.

Course, in the third room, it gets so fast that you have to actually anticipate the attack before it goes off, but you probably will get over the whole "I'M GONNA DIE ARAHGERHIAGBLE" thing by then.

You seem to have almost the same stats as I do so this should be no problem once you let go of the fear of dying. I recommend frequent Stealing Creation matches for that. You will not care after so many rounds.

On topic.....I'd say that I really just want to be able to finish all the quests, so that I don't have to feel like the game is holding me back from going where I want to. People may already take that for granted, but if you don't appreciate what you have, then you have nothing.

Eheeheehee... I'm a serious PANSY. As soon as I walk in there my reflexes go on vacation and don't come back until I 'book it' out of the cave. I also have an abject TERROR of the Beast that would make sense if it was game over if I died, but since it's NOT... It's a story kind of reason. It's something I SHOULD be worrying about IF I was actually THERE, and not just directing a pixellated person around. Also, 60s if I don't move is SCARY. 30s if I don't dodge quite enough is SCARIER.

SC? I'm used to that. It's kind of 'oh, someone wants to kill me! runrunrunrun'. But seriously, I walk into that cave and I lose all sense. This is also the same to a MUCH lesser extent in Morytania -- I expect a Vyrewatch to fly down aaany minute now and skewer me.

And other than FINISHING SUMMER'S END, I just want to finish ALL the quests. I LIKE quests. I just... really hate how much I panic when I try Summer's End.

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

I've stopped setting monetary goals or goals for 99 anything. I'm just doing whatever I feel like doing each day. The other day I got Construction up to a 70 for no reason and now I'm doing Slayer for however long. It's a great way to play.

i have also started playing like this.

its like a million times more fun

agent_earl.png

agent_earl.png

ANAHEIM DUCKS