What is it you need most in Runescape?

Guest guy4game

An umbrella to go with my toon's dress.

In all seriousness, I don't feel like I need anything in runescape. It's just what I do. Ruts, clicks, and the like are what make us what we are. The minute we give up something that we have been doing for maybe several years is the moment we become a different person. I became a different person April 20th, 2009 when I logged onto an official WoW server. I felt great. And now I feel greater because I have a lvl 80 that does dailes for no reason really. Quite frankly, WoW pvp is vastly superior to runescape pvp. I don't even know why I carry weapons and armor in my bank any more. Every single day I wear red audience clothes, an addy cane, a qp cape, and a rabbit's foot.

I don't need anything in runescape. I would love an arena team on WoW (damn noobs don't want hunters and don't want anything else but a 2v2 team :-| ) so I can get relentless gladiator armor simply so I can be a better pvp nerd. But do I NEED the armor? No, I'm happy with my hateful gladiator.

Basically, runescape is now my chill game. I skill and do non-combat stuff; stuff I thought I would never do. WoW is my pent up pvp game. I kill Alliance or go raiding with my guild. I wouldn't switch games at all. I've thought of picking up TF2, but it offers nothing that both runescape and WoW do not supply me.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need runescape to make myself feel competent, 'a virtual space for leisure' and 'a place to chat'.

The last two are sad excuses: it goes beyond leisure and steals my time; and some players don't chat at all.

Total Level 2247- 11x 99s All Combat Skills, Slayer, Summoning, Woodcutting, Herblore

I now have very few goals, I realised they were making RS too much of a grind. My only goals at the moment are to get 99 Magic and Firemaking at least before I quit if I do. Other than that, just have fun and do wahtever seems like it would be good at that time.

The thing is, im a very goal oriented person so I now often find myself very bored and wont play RS for a few days which will definitely help a lot when I do decide to quit.

This is why I'm not playing Runescape any more.

I thought I need maxed stats, then I thought I need millions of GP, then I thought I needed the items, then I thought I needed those items to kill every monster, then I thought I needed all quests to be done, then I thought I needed to get all the stuff from mini games, and then I started to realize something. By the time I acquire all of these things, there'll already be tons of other content to achieve and get and I'd have to do the same process over and over again. Then realized, I don't play anywhere near enough to get it all done. And then finally realized that there's tons of other games I'd rather play that weren't grind fests, or made me play 5+ hours a day to be able to do what I want to do. FPS's, I pick up a gun, and I can kill people, and not have to worry about them beating me because of the time they've invested into training this or that skill, or about how much money they spent into this item that I could never afford to acquire.

Just kind of dawned on me one day. The one thing I regret not being able to get in RS was probably to get 30 kills in a row without dying in free to play PKing. Was a goal I had for awhile and I only got within 5 to 7 kills before dying from some odd and varying reasons.

This is actually the reason that I'm still playing to be honest, life is a journey and not just a reward. Usually when I play FPS games there is a certain base love of shooting people in the face, but it gets boring after a while because there is nothing to strive for. After a while I feel like I'm wasting my time and stop, but with runescape I know that there will be more updates: quests, minigames, and bosses to beat, meaning that my training will have payoff in the future. I can certainly see where you are coming from though...

Thats why I play COD4 as a break from RS. I go for the achivements.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Before some of you start getting the wrong idea, it is new stuff to do. Bored to death but I'm currently occupying myself with achieving 60 Firemaking to burn yew logs as a goal. I am F2P and sadly, after doing all the quests and achieving the neccessary stats to do pretty much everything so some new area would be nice. Then again, Halloween is coming so that means a holiday quest for me to do. Yay!

I thought I need maxed stats, then I thought I need millions of GP, then I thought I needed the items, then I thought I needed those items to kill every monster, then I thought I needed all quests to be done, then I thought I needed to get all the stuff from mini games, and then I started to realize something. By the time I acquire all of these things, there'll already be tons of other content to achieve and get and I'd have to do the same process over and over again. Then realized, I don't play anywhere near enough to get it all done. And then finally realized that there's tons of other games I'd rather play that weren't grind fests, or made me play 5+ hours a day to be able to do what I want to do. FPS's, I pick up a gun, and I can kill people, and not have to worry about them beating me because of the time they've invested into training this or that skill, or about how much money they spent into this item that I could never afford to acquire.

Well said. That's the same exact thing I went through. Now I'd much rather play console games which are more fun and less repetitive than RS. It takes like 10 hours for a Mining level. I can beat some games the whole way through in 10 hours!

I need quests. I don't like grinding, Bounty Hunter, Castle Wars, grinding, Stealing Creation, Barrows or PvP. But training for and completing quests really keeps me going in Runescape. I was happy the day While Guthix Sleeps came out, because that meant I had a new challenge to go for.

I'm also not looking forward to the day I get 99 Slayer (in about...5 years), because the fun with achieving new Slayer-levels is almost as entertaining as quests.

To stop neglecting my range/magic level.

I like to slay stuff :D

But beyond that, I have some really good friends on Runescape, and they help keep it from becoming a grindfest. Even the guy's in Lady H's chat make it that much more fun :)

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

People.

Even though you may not talk to many of them, without random people walking around, this game would be so lifeless and boring.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

•  
  • A fire cape.
  • 99 summoning.
  • A maxed out pile of cash.

[hide=A funny conversation]Me:Have u wondered how my brassard, which leaves my chest bare, give about the same def as ur pile of rocks?

Friend:Hahaha

Friend:Maybe you are just good at blocking with your shoulder?

Me:Ahahahahaha[/hide]Rare drops: 4 D legs, 1 D skirt

Barrows items: 2 Verac's helms, 1 Dhorak's Greataxe, 1 Dhorak's platelegs, 2 Karil's leathertops, 1 Karil's crossbow, 1 Guthan's chainskirt

Quest cape achieved 28 Dec, 2009, lost with Nomad's Requiem, re-obtained on 19 Mar 2010.

Fire cape achieved 1 Nov 2010.

Quest cape is my long-term goal. I don't rush to get it however, I don't for example grind skills to reach the requirements. Usually I do quests when I want a certain reward (Helm of Neitiznot, Dragon Halberd etc), and when I do them, I usually do at least three at once. My record is probably four quests a day (on my main that is - on my pure I did almost all F2P quests in one day to get Explorer's Ring), when The Chosen Commander was released - The Giant Dwarf, Another Slice of H.A.M., Land of the Goblins, and The Chosen Commander itself. I currently have 220/289 QP's.

A pickaxe and a group of 10 great friends.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I need money...to buy materials to skill. Which is kinda weird seeing as I can make the money I need skilling.

League of Legends Referal link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e55a571778d2633364408

"Life is short, and shortly it will end, Death comes quickly which respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one"

Drops: 8whips, 28dboots, 1hand cannon, 2 dmeds 3dskirts 2 dbows

99s(in order): Attack Constitution Defence

It's always nice to have more friends...

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85