Within the Light - 13 October 2009

Da_Latios

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be sorely disappointed if it was a Grandmaster quest. Was rather short and easy, at least once I got my bearings in the Temple of Light again lol...

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Though I haven't done it, based on descriptions this does not sound like a particularly challenging, long, or rewarding quest. I think the reason for the overwhelming positive reactions by players is a result of waiting for news of Priffindis for years- not because of the merits of the actual quest.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

The Wilderness Agility Course has been added to the allowed areas for Bounty and Bounty (+1) worlds.

When inputting numbers (for example, when withdrawing items from your bank) you can now use 'k' (or 'K') for thousand, and 'm' (or 'M') for million.

Yay

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

I really liked the quest. The graphics and area was so beautiful, as were the effects. One of the best these past few months. :thumbup:

That said, I was almost stuck. When the 3 beams of light popped up, I assumed you'd have to make a white beam appear on ALL 4 Light receivers. I was stuck for this for about half an hour and I did the unthinkable to look it up. Luckily, no guides were on yet, and it later hit me that there was a red light receiver. :roll:

Either way, the puzzle room was so amazingly pretty. Love it.

Also got me 82 Agility.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Though I haven't done it, based on descriptions this does not sound like a particularly challenging, long, or rewarding quest. I think the reason for the overwhelming positive reactions by players is a result of waiting for news of Priffindis for years- not because of the merits of the actual quest.

And that's bad because...?

Quest has a guthix reference from tehnoobshow
Hm, I thought I talked to everyone but I guess I didn't. Could you tell me who said that?Just finished the quest. Boy am I not good with puzzles! Honestly though, doing this quest without guides like they were intended to be made it more...satisfying I suppose. Still, freaking tease-quests. Really grinds my gears.

I do believe he means when the guard is banging his head on the wall during your "chanting"

OHHH!

I thought that looked familiar, haha! All I remembered though at the time was how often my friends and I lined up against the wall to use that emote and RAGGEEEE about a fail update lolol. (Not necessarily this one, mind you.)

hzvjpwS.gif

I really liked the quest. The graphics and area was so beautiful, as were the effects. One of the best these past few months. :thumbup:

That said, I was almost stuck. When the 3 beams of light popped up, I assumed you'd have to make a white beam appear on ALL 4 Light receivers. I was stuck for this for about half an hour and I did the unthinkable to look it up. Luckily, no guides were on yet, and it later hit me that there was a red light receiver. :roll:

I was thinking that aswell. :lol:

And I loved the graphics in that room aswell.

That orbiting glow around you after you get the power from the death alter.

I would do anything to have that permanently around me. :P

Also got me 82 Agility.

Looked it up, tsk tsk. I Spam clicked until I got a cutscene!

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Also got me 82 Agility.

Looked it up, tsk tsk. I Spam clicked until I got a cutscene!

Nothing actually showed, no guide was at that point yet.

So *technically* I didn't use any help, even if I intended to.

And I have my PM, Public and Clan chat on off with the release of any quest anyway.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

The exp bit annoyed me. The 35k put me in "have no choice but to level it" range for agility. I hate agility, so spent 3 hours getting the 55k for 78 agility.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

I don't know if this was meant to be the story all along, and I don't think it is, but I love how they turned it around onto why when the people figured out how to get through the walls and walk around in htere, why the city wasn't there. :razz:

Quest has a guthix reference from tehnoobshow

Hm, I thought I talked to everyone but I guess I didn't. Could you tell me who said that?

Just finished the quest. Boy am I not good with puzzles! Honestly though, doing this quest without guides like they were intended to be made it more...satisfying I suppose. Still, freaking tease-quests. Really grinds my gears.

I hope that was not a reference to Thenoobshow, if it was then that's messed up. They are just Runescape comedy makers, if they are allowed or made visible in game stories then i got a question:

Why can't we? Or better yet, why can't EXCL (A great story)?

Thenoobshow this quest, EXCL next, soon big amounts of players involved in the game stories and so on...

But i am just saying.

And Lady, i am awaiting for vampire quest line :D

Well I am little disappointed that it seems quest is just a experience bonus and nothing more but I am very happy to see jagex continuing to add high level content (sad when 70 reqs is considered high for quests). Maybe Jagex had a discussion with WOW last year and found out that adding high level content is not going to make everyone hate your game and quit. I'm sure the discussion went something like such:

One year ago:

It was a dark and cold night out in the woods. Fog covers the ground and a WOW CEO waits alone.

*CRACK* a branch breaks near him.

CEO: MMG is that you?

MMG: Yes, sorry about this meeting being so far away but I can't let anyone know about this meeting.

WOW CEO: Oh its okay I'm impressed to see your game doing so well? What has been your marketing success?

MMG: Our secret is we only update entry level material so new players keep coming in while completely ignoring those that have donated much of their time. Its the only way to keep players interested.

WOW CEO: Hmmm that is strange we rarely update low level content and actually focus mostly on higher level stuff. Players seem to stay really interested.

MMG: ORLY? Well now that I know that. MODS ASSEMBLE!!!!!!!

Out of the bushes five mods dressed in all black emerge.

WOW CEO: Whats going on here?

MMG: I told you I can't let anyone know about our meeting and now that we have your secret there is no further use for you. Kill him.

WOW CEO: WHAT?!?! This is MA....

*SLASH* A homemade abyssal whip cracks and the CEOs head is sent flying in the air. It lands and rolls to MMG's feet.

MMG: Well it looks like we might have a heads up on WOW now *MUWAHAHAHAHHAHA*

Pretty sure it went something like that.

All skills 80+

At least used a vesta longsword...

That'd be strong enough to demolish his neck.

Dragon Halberd, to be honest.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

At least used a vesta longsword...

That'd be strong enough to demolish his neck.

Well first, he tried to shoot the CEO with a handcannon, but it blew up in his face, so he had to improvise.