When should I step into p2p?

Dakashakk

'Sup. I've been playing Runescape for a grand total of two hours now, and I've been getting on fine so far. I'm plodding through the beginner quests and slowly learning the game's interface.

However, I have one question I would like to pose to the masterful denizens of the Tip.it boards. ;) I noticed that Jagex offers a paid membership option. I will gladly pay the fee without question, but I am also aware that leaping straight into the "pay to play" world would not be wise with my almighty level 4 chicken slayer.

So, what milestones would you recommend I achieve before taking the plunge and stepping into the true game? ie. Combat level, quests completed, items obtained. I just don't want to be out of my depth when I hand over my "hard earned" money.

A few guidelines on this matter would be appreciated. :)

TipSignature.png

i'd reccommend at least having the following... more is better

1.) beating dragon slayer (enables you to have full rune and full green dhide)

2.) having at least 30 in every f2p skill (helps for beginning member's quests)

3.) having a decent sized cashpile (helps in general)

i'd reccommend at least having the following... more is better

1.) beating dragon slayer (enables you to have full rune and full green dhide)

2.) having at least 30 in every f2p skill (helps for beginning member's quests)

3.) having a decent sized cashpile (helps in general)

Don't bother with a cash pile over 100,000 coins, since moneymaking on the members' version is much faster than on the free version.

EDIT: WOW am I surprised you found tip.it so soon, I didn't find it until I started the "Ernest the Chicken" quest.

When I entered members I had all free quests complete, about 40 in every skill, 150k, and a large understanding of the game. Get familiar with the game first, like not needing a map to locate Falador. The members world is large, and it would be much harder to learn the game without a common knowledge of each skill and all of the cities. Hope I helped :) Welcome to Tip.it by the way.

GG.gif

Well you goto try everything once...I just literally got a 900K loot like 4 minutes ago lol.

But i was in members.

Just try it out and decide whether you like to take risks or not.

And if you do please dont run around when your low food ;)

Causing_Fear.png

110225183300.png

"I was born an American; I will live an American; I shall die an American."Daniel Webster

So, in summary...

1.) Finish all f2p quests

2.) Around 30 in all f2p skills

3.) 100k in cash

Does that sound reasonable? I guess I should look into the members skills too, and gather the necessary resources to train them immediately.

Thanks for your help, and your kind welcome to the boards. :)

TipSignature.png

that sounds reasonable but...

well i wouldn't try training construction right away... its kinda useless until the mid 40's only use is for house portal until then.

and don't bother getting more than 100k When you are a member you can do things that net you that much an hour. Such as mining pure essence or even killing chaos druids for high level herbs

I think you should hop in right away. That way, you can train all the skills when you start, and you won't have to "start over" when you get p2p again with low members' skills. If you have any questions while starting out, feel free to send me a pm on the forums or in game.

Welcome to tip.it :thumbsup:

lalalasig2.png

I'd say dive into members once you've gotten an understanding of the game, and sort of how it works. There's no reason you should get your skills up or make money or do quests before going into members, since you can do that while IN members. Just get an understanding of the game until you're comfortable, then go to members. That's just my two cents.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Get members as soon as you want to! I didn't until I had finished all the f2p skills and was about 53 combat with an average skill total of about 40 (the 68 fishing balanced out the n00by prayer and runecrafting levels), but you can start whenever you want to. I'd suggest at least going on a hike through the whole of the f2p world so you know where things are without needing a map. (Exploring the wilderness is optional, but fun. Don't bring more than 3 items, unless you do it on a PVP world in which case bring NOTHING [i recommend the emptier pvp (not bounty) worlds for exploring the wilderness, as it's free of revenents and it's not particularly likely to find people up in the wilderness unless they have brawlers and I THINK brawlers are members only but I'm not sure.].)

Members have hella faster training and money-making methods, even at low levels (MANUAL PLANK MAKE! FUEL THE CONSTRUCTION CRAZE! No, really. Oak planks are like 50, and the sawmill make price is always 250, and the planks are worth significantly MORE than 300. The running back and forth is actually worth it, and I think it brings in more money than ess mining, though it takes a small investment [about 8100 gp, though it's only 300 if you're willing to do a LOT of running between the GE, the west bank, and the sawmill... oh just do rune mysteries and mine ess for a few k, it's probably THE most awesome money maker at lower levels even if you only have a bronze pick, and I even do it on occasion]), and besides, if you can you totally should because YOU SHALL BE ASSIMILATED. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE Um, ignore that, please... XD

Yeah. Get it when you want to, though having a basic understanding of the skills and the map is good so you don't act like a total fruitcake.

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

Being P2P is a pretty significant advantage no matter what level you are. There's really no need to hit any specific milestones before you upgrade. If you're ready right now, and money isn't a big issue, then go ahead and subscribe right now.

At the very least, familiarize yourself with various locales in F2P Runescape. Don't plod down your money right away because you'll end up spending a fair amount of time getting accustomed to the game anyway. I only got members about half a year ago after playing F2P for 5 years and it was a rather large shock to be able to do all the things I wanted to.

Then again, I might be biased since I was used to only F2P. You'll be exposed to everything at once and won't know anything else.

Still, getting to know more mechanics of the game and more areas would be highly beneficial to you before you make the jump. You'll get the core parts to the game before getting the members fluff to also get used to.

Enjoy your RS time and welcome to Tip.it!

Members have hella faster training and money-making methods, even at low levels (MANUAL PLANK MAKE! FUEL THE CONSTRUCTION CRAZE! No, really. Oak planks are like 50, and the sawmill make price is always 250, and the planks are worth significantly MORE than 300. The running back and forth is actually worth it, and I think it brings in more money than ess mining, though it takes a small investment [about 8100 gp, though it's only 300 if you're willing to do a LOT of running between the GE, the west bank, and the sawmill

Oh, and about this, you can get an easy 20k by running through the Stronghold of Player Safety and the Stronghold of Security. Only takes a few minutes and gives you a good financial head start. Should cover the costs of those oak logs quite nicely. :thumbup:

I stepped into p2p when I was totally bored by f2p. I would also recommend around level 40 in all skills and have all f2p quests completed. Most importantly, you should turn p2p when you feel you have exhausted the f2p version of the game.

Switch to P2P immediately.

The bank space is already worth it.

Not really, not until you've got a high enough level to actually have things to put in there tbh.

I'd say, you'll get the feeling when you've done enough of F2P and you're ready to move on. But a lot of the suggestions here are pretty good ones. Get some basic levels, do the basic quests and get a good grasp of the F2P world and how to use it, it's only going to get 10x bigger :thumbup:

Also welcome to Tip.It! :)

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

As said before, step in when you feel like it. This usually comes after you've gained a basic understanding of the game and have done the F2P quests. Once you start encountering stuff that's members only and you have the feeling that it's holding you back in your adventures, subscribe. It will only get better.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Get a high magic level as members have a lot more distance to travel.

Amass about 100k or so (train on cows and bank all the drops using the deposit box) as it will really help with traveling around (rings, necklaces and so on).

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I would recommend finishing all the f2p quests, when you are done with that goal, you should have somewhat decent skill levels to step into p2p.

My Rsn is Guthrom if you want any help, my private is usually on friends but you can find me at the unoffical tipit cc. It is owned by An evil lady(Lady Heinous), just ask around, people are most likely willing to help out a tiffer as long as they are not busy. :thumbsup:

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

I was f2p until cb 60-70 until i got membership and heres what id recommend:

1. Get familiar with the game, like be able to find your way to falador, lumbridge, varrock, edgeville and draynor without a map from any f2p place.

2. Reach atleast 40 in all combat skills

3. Finish the quests Dragon slayer, Restless Ghost and Ernest the Chicken.

4. Fully understand how The Grand Exchange works.

Money arent that important cause you will just end up spending it on all the new items you find (i did it :().

Once you become a member i suggest you get familiar with the member areas then start making money and get good gear for training.

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

I personally would recommend completing the F2P quests while you're still free so that you're not paying for content that you could have done without paying anything :mrgreen: .

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Welcome to runescape and to tipit :)

I'd suggest getting around level 60 in all f2p skills (though I'd say 44 runecrafting and 43 prayer) and completing all f2p quests before becoming a member. This will allow you to get a good grasp of the game as well as making the most of your time as a non-member. That's what I did and I'm very glad I waited before becoming a member as P2P isn't a fantastic place for low levels. Having these goals before becoming a member will also drive you to train all your skills and give you an extra reason to train hard as the reward at the end is definitely something to look forward to.

ichigosig2da4.jpg