Tip.it Times 22 November 2009

Mirror

i have to say one thing, mirror please space out your article more. it was kinda hard to read.

other then that acceptable detours in my day

EDIT: woot first post ever =P

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Kinda boring. :/

[hide=A funny conversation]Me:Have u wondered how my brassard, which leaves my chest bare, give about the same def as ur pile of rocks?

Friend:Hahaha

Friend:Maybe you are just good at blocking with your shoulder?

Me:Ahahahahaha[/hide]Rare drops: 4 D legs, 1 D skirt

Barrows items: 2 Verac's helms, 1 Dhorak's Greataxe, 1 Dhorak's platelegs, 2 Karil's leathertops, 1 Karil's crossbow, 1 Guthan's chainskirt

Quest cape achieved 28 Dec, 2009, lost with Nomad's Requiem, re-obtained on 19 Mar 2010.

Fire cape achieved 1 Nov 2010.

i have to say one thing, mirror please space out your article more. it was kinda hard to read.

other then that acceptable detours in my day

EDIT: woot first post ever =P

~~~legoman187~~~

A first post for one of our loyal readers :).

I enjoyed this weeks articles a lot, short but with a magical touch.

mdeosig.png

hytbanner2.png

Proud (retired) Tip.it Times Editor! Tip.it Times Archives TET event forum

Both articles were just restating ideas over and over again... So Jagex has to turn a profit, is that an awful thing? That they can only offer certain features to members? Generally I'm of the mindset that most members-only updates (that have nothing to do with the gameplay itself) are unfair to free players but the article was just kind of whiny... Which is ironic, because the other article is about whining. Half the time when something is fixed, it's not because people were whining, it's because someone exploited a bug or Jagex decided it was 'overpowered'. People who whine about stuff are just attention-seekers, especially if they're f2p and want something. (I'm only speaking about those who don't even try to come up with an answer to their 'problem'; the smart people come up with creative solutions and share them.)

Not a bad week though.

Articles were ok this week, second one didn't really expand on the topic too much... first one was pretty good though

As the saying goes: what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, i disagree i can think of plenty of injuries that won't make you stronger.

beer2.png

yup.... runescape is pretty stressful

December, 19, 2009 (12/19/09)- 99defense- first cape- cb level 117

Same thing happened with the Adventurer's Log. Honestly, it gives no sort of advantage for this feature, so why should it be separated?

Didn't they say something on the RSOF about how the adventurer log server couldn't handle enough traffic to make it available to everyone?

As for the article about whining... okay, so "This sucks" is easy to read, but...

• Not everyone will agree that it sucks. There was plenty of whining when the 76k trick got nerfed; there was support for the update too, but supporters have far less incentive to make a big show of their feelings on the forums. They might want to go play with the update! Even if everyone posts their opinions as one-sentence soundbites so that Jagex can get a properly representative sample of the community's opinions, the forums are going to make pretty tedious reading: "It sucks!" "No it doesn't!" "Does too!"
  • People want Jagex to communicate with players. Sure, we support them financially so we can claim to deserve their loving attention even if we're just yelling abuse, but it's a lame way to behave.
  • Sometimes Jagex will do something unpopular that they think is necessary. Like the trade restrictions. We can tell them all we like that the trade restrictions suck - because they really do suck - but that clearly didn't convince Jagex that the RWT problem could be ignored. And, assuming Jagex was right about RWT being a problem, they're right to ignore the whining. In which case all we've got is a bunch of foul-mouthed whiners drowning out posts on things that Jagex might actually be able to improve.

I tried playing RuneScape Classic again, an hated nearly every minute of it. My total level was back down to 555 from the 2071 its at now. Combat level was down from 120 to 40 something or 30 something. It took forever to get around, I could barely find any people, I had no items (all went to RS2), and all chat disappeared after a few seconds instead of lingering for me to read it. The only thing I actually liked was the blue dragons in the Taverley dungeon. I thought they looked pretty cool, not like I could get to them to fight them or anything, but yeah.

I've never seen Sixth Sense nor Inception nor many other popular movies and I intend to keep it that way.

The second article was quite confusing; RS2 isn't the same as RSC. They are quite different games in terms of gameplay graphics and a number of other things. In fact, I'd say that they deserve to be completely separate games, but I do agree that closing the game so noone can play it after this timespan is quite stupid.

First article was quite good also, but I still hate the whiners.

disturbeda.png

but I do agree that closing the game so noone can play it after this timespan is quite stupid.

It might be silly, but its really the only way to control botters without radically changing the RSC gameplay.

By making it members only, and closing the regristration date, it keeps people from botting (and RWT'ing) because those that do get caught get removed and cannot get back into the game. That way Jagex dosent get piled with fake credit cards constantly. I'm sure they have already had a fair amount so far.

This is abvously an extreme approach at it, but its either that or apply the same restrictions that RS2 has in terms of trading/pking/ect.. And nobody wants that.

dawnsigblue-3.png

the DYK are getting really old, why not say like crawling thru agility obstacle in abyss gives xp or that there are 2 kives near mage arena wildy levers in case you didnt bring 1

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

I disagree with the first article. Yeah, sure, whining DOES get the job done - sometimes.

Only massive-scale whining can make a difference to Jagex. If every 2 in 5 or so post was whining about the same thing, AND Jagex understands the logic behind it AND they don't have anything preventing them from resolving the problem, maybe they'll work on an update.

But think of what a well-written, well-thought out, logical, reasonable post does. It makes a HUGE difference. Jagex might even update the game solely because of that post (though it's not very likely, it's still possible). Compared to one insult-filled, half-censored post with horrendous grammar, spelling and in general English. Would Jagex listen to the former or the latter? Obviously the former.

One prime example is the wilderness rants. Jagex never took any action for the first one or so year after the anti-RWT updates, despite massive rioting and spamming of the forums. They knew the game would be harmed if RWT returned. In the end, the "**** you Jagex bring back wildy you ********" posts were ignored - instead a system (perhaps by a player?) was introduced. Either way, the whiners were ignored, and the wishes not fulfilled. AND they're still at it today...

The second article was quite ok though.

Ironically, all the complaining has ever done is given us updates that were on the whole, BAD for the game. The reintroduciton of this sort-of-PK system has pretty much wrecked a lot of the economy faster than even the "dirty merchanting" has done, and the potion nerf seems sort of unwarrranted on the whole due to flawed logic. And even then it doesn't seem like they'll do it unless they were already leaning towards doing it in the first place and required a push to justify their actions. In fact, they'll go AGAINST popular opinion very often anyway. It's as if complaining has no bearing at all unless it makes them look like they're listening, but most of the time they are only pretending if it's convenient.

But of course, none of you have actually read that, so

BLARGH LOOK AT ME I'M SPELLING UPGRAIYEDE WRONG HAHAHA I AM FUNNY RITE

HEY EVERYBODY LOOK I AM SAYING THAT JAGEX IS POOPY AND EVERYTHING THEY DO IS STUPID I DONT EVEN HAVE TO LOOK ANYMORE

YELLING AT JAGEX MORE TOTALLY HELPS AND IT IS NOT LIKE THEY JUST DO WHAT THEY WANT ANYWAY

8f14270694.jpg

I totally agree with the classic article. I logged in and played again and it was just so different, and nothing like what I remembered.

Sure the graphics were the same, but the overall feel of community was just so alien. Outside of the gates of lumbridge was terrible, it was full of 1 defence pures all duelling and I thought to myself "This isn't classic."

Oh well, Classic can continue to stay where it belongs, in my much cherished memories.

Yeah baby, I work at the General Store.

-Official General Store Advertiser-

I dunno. I guess I have a hard time relating to either article.

Is it really good to have a community or environment where decisions about whether to keep or undo changes are made based on who whines the most? Feedback, criticism -- sure. But whining? Is the game improved by having the squeaky wheel always get the grease?

The second article I have a hard time really getting at all. I personally don't feel any particular draw to log in to RSC. If I did and I weren't a member, I'd join. That's the point of making features only for members.

And in Runescape, F2P players get a lot *more* than they pay for.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Can't say much about the first article. Mainly sounded like the average weekly dose of telling everyone to stop complaining or in this case complain about the whiners etc etc drill.

The second article, however, really hit the spot. As an ex-rsc player who quit rs for near 4 years before returning to rs2, one of the things I wanted back the most was to be able to play rsc at least occasionally. The appeal at the time did not really register to me. I could not place what was exactly so enticing about that old version where everything is slower. In fact, my stats since rs2 has improved so drastically that I honestly should relate to rs2 more than rsc. When I realized rsc was re-released, it prompted me to get p2p again for a month, just to be able to get on rsc. Once I was on, I was excited to see my stats untouched even though I thought my old account was deleted. The thrill was definitely disappointing. It was the same game on the surface, but it did not have the same feel. Only a few hours later, my first rs clan leader, who has quit rs 7 years ago, logged on. I talked with her, and reconnected with my old friends, it was then that I realized it was not rsc the game that I missed, it was the community. RS2 may have improved gameplay drastically, but the old rsc community was what enticed so many of us older players to wish for the old game back. I honestly would give the second article 10/10 if there was truly a rating system. Definitely one of the best Tipit Times I have read.

120dgl.jpg

Ironically, all the complaining has ever done is given us updates that were on the whole, BAD for the game. The reintroduciton of this sort-of-PK system has pretty much wrecked a lot of the economy faster than even the "dirty merchanting" has done, and the potion nerf seems sort of unwarrranted on the whole due to flawed logic. And even then it doesn't seem like they'll do it unless they were already leaning towards doing it in the first place and required a push to justify their actions. In fact, they'll go AGAINST popular opinion very often anyway. It's as if complaining has no bearing at all unless it makes them look like they're listening, but most of the time they are only pretending if it's convenient.

But of course, none of you have actually read that, so

BLARGH LOOK AT ME I'M SPELLING UPGRAIYEDE WRONG HAHAHA I AM FUNNY RITE

HEY EVERYBODY LOOK I AM SAYING THAT JAGEX IS POOPY AND EVERYTHING THEY DO IS STUPID I DONT EVEN HAVE TO LOOK ANYMORE

YELLING AT JAGEX MORE TOTALLY HELPS AND IT IS NOT LIKE THEY JUST DO WHAT THEY WANT ANYWAY

I only read the capitalized parts.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]