Chaos Tunnel Waterfiends with new Prayer Curses

Logdotzip

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been doing this for a few trips and I haven't gone anywhere near the 200 crim/hr mark

Doing everything said here was the title just an exaggeration?

I personally got 180/h while on a slayer task, so yeah it does seem like an exaggeration. I might try again with steel titan when I have another wfiend task though, see if that works.

2dvjurb.png

200/hr is far from an average, a closer average is in the 190's with maximum everything, it's just noteworthy that every charm that isnt a crimson could have been, so should you count all the charms you get total, you will typically push the 200 amount each time. i would also consider blue charms better than crimson, so if anything, i count those. as with all of runescape, a little luck is involved squeezing as much hourly out of this method as you can.

Would it be worth the time to do this without extremes or atleast 92 summoning? Or would I be getting just about the same charms/hour at the waterfiends in the whirlpool? I tried this a few times before but never really recorded any data and I've never tested charms/hour on the whirlpool waterfiends because when I kill them there I halfway afk the entire time.

Hmm I should try this w/ wolp next time i have a fiend task.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

This may be good while on a slayer task, but I'd rather have the extra 5% attack while not on a slayer task. Banking usually only takes about 2 minutes or less, so the extra banking from regular prayers isn't too bad.

As to prayer flashing, you should definitely flash soul split if you're good at it. It's probably safest to wait until they aren't aggressive if you aren't very good though. If you aren't doing anything else such as picking up drops, flashing can stretch your supplies significantly. It's no big deal if you miss a hit here or there, since soul split overheals you.

bigbird.jpg

• 1 month later...

This may be good while on a slayer task, but I'd rather have the extra 5% attack while not on a slayer task. Banking usually only takes about 2 minutes or less, so the extra banking from regular prayers isn't too bad.

As to prayer flashing, you should definitely flash soul split if you're good at it. It's probably safest to wait until they aren't aggressive if you aren't very good though. If you aren't doing anything else such as picking up drops, flashing can stretch your supplies significantly. It's no big deal if you miss a hit here or there, since soul split overheals you.

bump, this guide should probably be seeing some use soon anyways :P

what are your thoughts on using overloads here? is it just too much early on?

and would there be a feasible way to have a friend deliver supplies to you?

i'm thinking of the portal next to the waterfiend room.

Naaxi.png

aint they a higher level? or am i thinking of something else? :S

After i get some sorta massive cash earner ill get a few 99's (prayer, herby and a few other buyables! ) then mgiht try this out!! (just realised how much I would own with extremes O.o )

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

bump, this guide should probably be seeing some use soon anyways :P

what are your thoughts on using overloads here? is it just too much early on?

and would there be a feasible way to have a friend deliver supplies to you?

i'm thinking of the portal next to the waterfiend room.

I'm using overloads and its just fine. The only critical moment is at the agressive stage, when you are taking your second overload. You will drop from 990 LP to 490 in seconds, and if you are hitting unlucky, and fiends are hitting lucky, you are done (I've had it before). Might be wise to bring some brews for this (so you use overload, brew up). You save space anyway with overloads, so the few extra brews are okay + it's more comfortable (if you get good at the timing , you can make sure that when overload "heals" you, you are not already 990 LP, so you don't waste LP).

A friend can perfectly deliver you supplies, as long as you dont move away from the portal. Just go through it (to turoth) and dont move. Its a bit risky though, because it can teleport you somewhere randomly and reset the agressiveness.

Yes overloads are amazing, just bring 3, prayer pots, and saradomin brews. Overloads allows you to brew without penalty and keeps your stats maxed at all times. If you are quick, after the aggressive part, you can log out right after you take a dose and avoid 400 damage.

Prayer flashing doesn't work. The way prayer is taken off is based on the in game cycles, every time you activate your prayer you use up the cycles, and due to the fact that it takes several cycles to take off a single prayer point you don't see the change even though it is happening. All prayer flashing does is add extra clicks with no incentives.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Prayer flashing doesn't work. The way prayer is taken off is based on the in game cycles, every time you activate your prayer you use up the cycles, and due to the fact that it takes several cycles to take off a single prayer point you don't see the change even though it is happening. All prayer flashing does is add extra clicks with no incentives.

have you prayer flashed before? because it does work.

Naaxi.png

• 2 weeks later...

Would the Waterfiends in the Frozen fortress be a good monster to kill since they drop X2 charms? I'm not sure of there drop rate for it up there.

No, their charm drop rate is awful. No idea why Jagex did that.

And I also call foul on claims of 200+ crimsons/hour. 150/hour is a more reasonable figure.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Would the Waterfiends in the Frozen fortress be a good monster to kill since they drop X2 charms? I'm not sure of there drop rate for it up there.

No, their charm drop rate is awful. No idea why Jagex did that.

And I also call foul on claims of 200+ crimsons/hour. 150/hour is a more reasonable figure.

Yep, 200 an hour is a pretty big exaggeration. I personally manage 170-180 with an iron titan, and that's ON task. Also, he claims as if soul split and turmoil made this possible to do, but it was already a very good option before (and actually faster, because piety gives a bigger bonus than turmoil there) these prayers. It was just a bit harder to survive there long enough.

I got 190 crims/h on task with steel titan today (well that was for the first half hour, went down to 180/h when I got bored after that), so 200/h seems pretty high since I'm basically maxed. Meh it's really easy now anyway if you got soul split, anyone with 89+ summ should be able to do this now (with 95+ pray too ofc).

2dvjurb.png

I don't get how you expect to get 200 charms an hr without throwing red chins at herds of them there.

I think on slayer task with full helmet and arma with unholy book and archer(i) it might be possible.

I'd lose the combat summon sinceh they suck and get a bunyip/unicorn to help heal since you got hardly any food and soul split tends to fail sometimes when you get on a low rolling streak.

I'll have to try that out next time i get a slayer task for them, but meleeing them is silly and best done under the waterfall.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

• 1 month later...

Been doing this for a few trips and I haven't gone anywhere near the 200 crim/hr mark

Doing everything said here was the title just an exaggeration?

I've tested this method with optimum gear, steel titan, overloads, and turmoil (on a non-slayer task) and I've only managed ~235 kills or ~180-185 crims per hour. I've also tried using void which raised that to ~245 kills or ~190 crims per hour. I'd love to see someone get the 255+ kills/hr required to average the 200+ crims/hr that one sees claimed so often. <_<

satan_panda.png

Tbh, i don't see how 200 an hour is not possible, however you would have to get a little bit lucky with the charms. Personally, at 93 Atk 95 Str using 1 overload and 1 extreme set with turmoil and iton titan, i have managed 175 crim's hour exactly. If you include 2 minute banking time then it's like 172 but still, i'm not maxed and i do not have access to a steel titan so i don't see how 200 crims/h isn't plausable.

MujGunGetDiv.png

I don't get how you expect to get 200 charms an hr without throwing red chins at herds of them there.

I think on slayer task with full helmet and arma with unholy book and archer(i) it might be possible.

I'd lose the combat summon sinceh they suck and get a bunyip/unicorn to help heal since thing to help you out since you got hardly any food and soul split tends to fail sometimes when you get on a low rolling streak.

I'll have to try that out next time i get a slayer task for them, but meleeing them is silly and best done under the waterfall.

Your lack of knowledge on these is amazing.