Snape Grass Bots @ Waterbirth.

OrMockHim

You can't stop smart bots. Jagex can ban them based on activity reports (I'd feel safe temp banning someone if they play 20+ hours a day for weeks on end, assuming they're a bot), but that's about it. I don't know much about writing scripts, but I do know that Jagex can't detect bots that use a mouse with a movement memory thingy. So long as the screen remains untouched, the mouse can do its thing by using a script that doesn't interact with Java and is therefore undetectable.

guido_49.png

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, someone from JaGex should go undercover and buy gold from the RWTer's. See how they do it, then ban them, then they know how RWTer's trade. OFC on an alternate account. ;)

signaturecu.jpg

Click for my BlogScape thread.

I did report them, 5 times each. 4-5 Hours ago. And they are still on it. Magically? Lol. You do realize they created this whole game, and should be capeable of making the game bot safe.

For every system their is a hack, for every hack their is an update, and for every update their is another hack, for that hack their exists another update - endless cycle of coding that exists since the dawn of coding and will always exist.

No matter how much money jagex has, or how creative they are to make a game as advanced in java as they are - bigger companies have consistently had more impressive projects hacked to shreds and exploited no matter how much money is spent in securing them

Some companies have power to fix exploits - or cover them up - sort of like 09-f9-11-02-9d-74-e3-5b-d8-41-56-c5-63-56-88-c0 is still floating around on the net today - however - you want jagex to stop bots in the game - that will NEVER HAPPEN.

Logically here is why bots will never die

1) Bot's still RWT - As long as trade will exist - they will find an item to macro (snape, logs, wooden shields, something) and use as a currency to distribute wealth and the only way to remove that is to remove trade - and thats running the risk of ruining the games economy , driving away your player base and much more.

2) Lets say they removed trade - now they can only buy items on the GE - Burnt shrimp and the other burnt goods were removed for RWT Concerns - sooner or later a new item will be used in the same manner to transfer wealth as it was when you could trade. Just flood the GE with snape and use it to transfer cash. After all it's a raw material - high volume limit.

But even though it's hindered - bots would still exist - so lets remove the GE. Make everyone be self sufficient.

Congrats! You have now created a demand for characters that are maxed out or who have a good head start level wise in macroable skills (Combat, mining, fishing, wood, mining , hunter, etc) - Now people will buy and sell accounts and still bot. Got a solution for that? Doubtful.

Bots will always exist .

Period

I'm not saying this as a supporter of them - and i've never seen one in person nor do I care too - and I doubt most people on this thread who know about them have but programming is popular, and lots of people here probably dabble in it enough to have enough knowledge to know bots are an unsolvable problem

You cannot bot proof your game - infact - it's an EPIDEMIC - most MMOS are suffering due to bots/rwt right now.

Hell - bots exist for facebook apps like mafia wars, wrestler and farmtown and even ebay.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

I did report them, 5 times each. 4-5 Hours ago. And they are still on it. Magically? Lol. You do realize they created this whole game, and should be capeable of making the game bot safe.

For every system their is a hack, for every hack their is an update, and for every update their is another hack, for that hack their exists another update - endless cycle of coding that exists since the dawn of coding and will always exist.

Exactly right there. I'm in college for Computer and Network Security, so pretty much I'm taught how to hack in order to defend from hackers. One thing I've learned is that there's ALWAYS a back door. No matter what you do, there's a way around it. It's just a matter of who's smarter, the hacker or the coder. In most scenarios, it's the hacker, just because the coder can't protect from things he doesn't know about. So say the hacker uses something, the coder finds out about it, codes so the hacker has a VERY tough time getting through using it (it's still plausible, just no real hacker will bother with it). So what's the hacker do? Finds another way in that the coder didn't think he could do, but he did. Thus he blocks that way off as well, but neglects yet another entrance, and soon enough it's get so far, the very first defense is nearly forgotten about. Guess what the hacker does?

Yes, Jagex can hire a lot of people to defend from them, but it's a war that Jagex simply can't win.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Report then use snapegrass line to confuse them.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

It says i posted this thread on that page, while i was researching i noticed this:

http://www.muis.com/2010/01/snape-grass-bots-waterbirth-new-topic.html

Could anyone tell me what this is?

Someone has used the RSS feed to directly add content to there page.

It simply pulls off any new posts from these forums.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Id ont think jagex will ever stop all botters. Its just like others have said, jagex finds and "fixes" one way and the botters find a way around it. It seems to be a never ending cycle. Also the idea about hiring employees to chat with everyone, and the ones who dont respond get banned is a terrible way to do this. Many, many wanna be mods automaticly think a person is a bot if they dont respond to chat. They forget that a person can have all chats turned off if they so chose.

I know nothing about bots or how they work, but would it be possible for the game to put us to "sleep" and in order to wake up we would have to enter a random code that is done like many websites do to prevent "bots" from making several accounts, etc. The code is done in a way that is hard to read by a human but not impossible. If a bot couldnt read this code, then this may be a way to stop them. Sure it would be annoying, and it wouldn't happen where monsters are aggressive.

rudedude.pngthError---Too-Stupid.png

I know nothing about bots or how they work, but would it be possible for the game to put us to "sleep" and in order to wake up we would have to enter a random code that is done like many websites do to prevent "bots" from making several accounts, etc. The code is done in a way that is hard to read by a human but not impossible. If a bot couldnt read this code, then this may be a way to stop them. Sure it would be annoying, and it wouldn't happen where monsters are aggressive.

lol sounds like 'fatigue' something implemented into Runescape classic to combat bots :P Unfortunately bots can read these words :(

times_fatigue.gif

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

lol sounds like 'fatigue' something implemented into Runescape classic to combat bots :P Unfortunately bots can read these words :(

times_fatigue.gif

Bots have a hard time actually reading them though, and RSC's captcha's have come a long way since then.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

Id ont think jagex will ever stop all botters. Its just like others have said, jagex finds and "fixes" one way and the botters find a way around it. It seems to be a never ending cycle. Also the idea about hiring employees to chat with everyone, and the ones who dont respond get banned is a terrible way to do this. Many, many wanna be mods automaticly think a person is a bot if they dont respond to chat. They forget that a person can have all chats turned off if they so chose.

I agree some people think too fast people who don't respond are bots, but the "all chat off"-excuse is pretty lame. Except for HUGE popular people like zezima in the old days, people who do gwd bosses or jad and need full concentration etc there are barely people who use the all chat off function. Bots do turn that on, but only to have later on an excuse they didn't respond when you talked.

I for myself see no chatting as a first hint someone's a bot. Then I check his click patern, most bots have a "constant" delay between clicks, though not all have. Another thing to see for instance fm bots is to mess up their lines and see what they do. Fm bots at FOG just start a new line over and over again if their line is messed, even when they only have 1 log in their inventory left. Mining guild bots are very easy to detect as when they run to the stairs, they never go them up by 1 click but they always run 1 diagonal square away from the stairs, then click the stairs to go up.

A last thing I use to check if someone's a bot if he doesn't respond, though his clicking looks human is following him for like 5 minutes. Don't tell me a human wouldn't think it's weird if he sees another player following him all the time. In rare occasions, the suspected bot then says What? but most of them don't respond which gives me last proof they're a bot :P

We've discussed this matter (+ also autotypers who advertise merch clans etc) many times before in clan chat...

It's just so hard to think of an anti-botting solution since we have no clue how Jagex checks out reports but also how they try to track down botters...

I've noticed the guys I report daily for autotyping still to be around every time I go near GE, this kinda bothers me...

As long as Jagex doesn't make a top priority of the botting & merch clans I see many people leaving the game.

It bothers me most that other MMORPG's (Lotro & Diablo) were very strict and banned gold sellers, macroers after one warning.

Seems Jagex has other priorities, but if they did more about the botting & gold selling the trade limit & ge were not necessary and the economy would still be normal :(

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

We've discussed this matter (+ also autotypers who advertise merch clans etc) many times before in clan chat...

It's just so hard to think of an anti-botting solution since we have no clue how Jagex checks out reports but also how they try to track down botters...

I've noticed the guys I report daily for autotyping still to be around every time I go near GE, this kinda bothers me...

As long as Jagex doesn't make a top priority of the botting & merch clans I see many people leaving the game.

It bothers me most that other MMORPG's (Lotro & Diablo) were very strict and banned gold sellers, macroers after one warning.

Seems Jagex has other priorities, but if they did more about the botting & gold selling the trade limit & ge were not necessary and the economy would still be normal :(

Merch clans are anoying but they do have methods to stop botters there are methods in the client to get information on where people have clicked

Merch clans are anoying but they do have methods to stop botters there are methods in the client to get information on where people have clicked

Still many bots are still arround a long time after they're reported. I'm not talking about days or hours but about weeks. A 1 week policy to check reports wouldn't be bad.

Still many bots are still arround a long time after they're reported. I'm not talking about days or hours but about weeks. A 1 week policy to check reports wouldn't be bad.

Still I would rather they checked through every report to be certain that the people are botting before they give them the BANHAMORZ :cool:

I haven't read all 5 pages, so I don't know if this has already been stated already or not, but..

It is a method transferring cash between 2 acc's. The acc receiving the cash picks up snape, once he has a full load, he trades the acc with the cash. He "sells" the snape to the acc with the cash. The acc giving the cash then drops the snape, rinse and repeat.

Still I would rather they checked through every report to be certain that the people are botting before they give them the BANHAMORZ :cool:

Meh, it'd be pretty strange if I would spot them botting for the first day. Also, bots tend to play longer than a normal player (hence 20+ hours) + some actions (like these) are VERY obvious bots, I mean even a new level 3 player without knowing runescape would see they are acting strange :P

I agree some people think too fast people who don't respond are bots, but the "all chat off"-excuse is pretty lame. Except for HUGE popular people like zezima in the old days, people who do gwd bosses or jad and need full concentration etc there are barely people who use the all chat off function. Bots do turn that on, but only to have later on an excuse they didn't respond when you talked.

I for myself see no chatting as a first hint someone's a bot. Then I check his click patern, most bots have a "constant" delay between clicks, though not all have. Another thing to see for instance fm bots is to mess up their lines and see what they do. Fm bots at FOG just start a new line over and over again if their line is messed, even when they only have 1 log in their inventory left. Mining guild bots are very easy to detect as when they run to the stairs, they never go them up by 1 click but they always run 1 diagonal square away from the stairs, then click the stairs to go up.

A last thing I use to check if someone's a bot if he doesn't respond, though his clicking looks human is following him for like 5 minutes. Don't tell me a human wouldn't think it's weird if he sees another player following him all the time. In rare occasions, the suspected bot then says What? but most of them don't respond which gives me last proof they're a bot :P

A couple people do this, i have my chat off a lot of the time actually because i don't like people talking sometimes on runescape so i just turn it off, or if i'm at GE i turn it off then forget to turn it back on when i leave

Themooingcow.png

A last thing I use to check if someone's a bot if he doesn't respond, though his clicking looks human is following him for like 5 minutes. Don't tell me a human wouldn't think it's weird if he sees another player following him all the time. In rare occasions, the suspected bot then says What? but most of them don't respond which gives me last proof they're a bot tongue.gif

A couple people do this, i have my chat off a lot of the time actually because i don't like people talking sometimes on runescape so i just turn it off, or if i'm at GE i turn it off then forget to turn it back on when i leave

I do that too. I hate the public at GE. I swear most of their IQ's are in the negatives. So I turn it off and forget to turn it on. I completed a Black Demon task, then realized my public was off, so I turned it on and found out someone was trying to talk to me recently and I was unaware.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

No matter how much money jagex has, or how creative they are to make a game as advanced in java as they are - bigger companies have consistently had more impressive projects hacked to shreds and exploited no matter how much money is spent in securing them

Some companies have power to fix exploits - or cover them up - sort of like 09-f9-11-02-9d-74-e3-5b-d8-41-56-c5-63-56-88-c0 is still floating around on the net today - however - you want jagex to stop bots in the game - that will NEVER HAPPEN.

Logically here is why bots will never die

1) Bot's still RWT - As long as trade will exist - they will find an item to macro (snape, logs, wooden shields, something) and use as a currency to distribute wealth and the only way to remove that is to remove trade - and thats running the risk of ruining the games economy , driving away your player base and much more.

2) Lets say they removed trade - now they can only buy items on the GE - Burnt shrimp and the other burnt goods were removed for RWT Concerns - sooner or later a new item will be used in the same manner to transfer wealth as it was when you could trade. Just flood the GE with snape and use it to transfer cash. After all it's a raw material - high volume limit.

But even though it's hindered - bots would still exist - so lets remove the GE. Make everyone be self sufficient.

Congrats! You have now created a demand for characters that are maxed out or who have a good head start level wise in macroable skills (Combat, mining, fishing, wood, mining , hunter, etc) - Now people will buy and sell accounts and still bot. Got a solution for that? Doubtful.

Bots will always exist .

Period

I'm not saying this as a supporter of them - and i've never seen one in person nor do I care too - and I doubt most people on this thread who know about them have but programming is popular, and lots of people here probably dabble in it enough to have enough knowledge to know bots are an unsolvable problem

You cannot bot proof your game - infact - it's an EPIDEMIC - most MMOS are suffering due to bots/rwt right now.

Hell - bots exist for facebook apps like mafia wars, wrestler and farmtown and even ebay.

^ This is very true.

I also like to add that most Bots run the Runescape economy.

For example Pure essence, Logs, Raw fish, and all kinds of other things.

So there really is a somewhat need for them. Im not saying I encourage, or do it, its just the way they help.

Defining Rune Pure

kisssigg.png

A botter can make a new account in seconds - reporting is a waste of time for all involved.

A simple fix to this instance of RWTing would be disallowing players from dropping items immediately after they pay for them, which wouldn't result in many adverse effects for legitimate players.

A botter can make a new account in seconds - reporting is a waste of time for all involved.

A simple fix to this instance of RWTing would be disallowing players from dropping items immediately after they pay for them, which wouldn't result in many adverse effects for legitimate players.

Haha. Yeah, the world would be perfect if you could just do that one thing and everything will be alright.

I can come up with a way around this right now. After trading, just wait a few seconds until you are allowed to drop the items again. Its easy to program.

If there is freedom of trade ( sort of ), then there will always be ways for real world trading or botting to exist.

If you want to take away botting, you would have to kill the game in so many ways that would just be shadowed by the events of december 2007. We are talking about things like no trade at all. Only allowed one account, usable at only one computer.

To defeat hackers, you would have to destroy everything hackable. AKA everything humanity ever accomplished.