11-Feb-2010 - RuneScape Q&A - Content Team

demby123

From the live Q&A

Q g) Quests are my favourite aspect of RuneScape, and I absoluetly love your Quests Mod Paul, so over to you... what Quest are you most excited about this year? (Other than Mahjarrat :P!)

A g) A new Wise old man quest.

O_O wonder what they have planned here

clearly it's jagex's market fix - we'll finally get his phat

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will the free map ever be expanded? (Simply answer with yes or no.)

Xsdvd

Well, the new skill DOES take you beyond the current free map, so my answer has to be yes!

This is probably the only further clue with regards to the new skill.

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

Are you planning on doing more events such as the strange power?

--------------------

Yes, they're fun.

Not quite sure what to say about this one...

Also:

Will there be a new high level summoning familiar coming out this year?

Fetzki

It might. For now I can say that there will be a Summoning related update in February.

Tecmaster532.png
Tecmaster532.png
lm9dzxe3.png
Owner of the Quest Point Cape

2)Next armour equipment we've got coming will degrade in the style of barrows equipment. - which I don't think is too prohibitive way of doing for things. Barrows stuff gets used heaps.

interesting

It might. For now I can say that there will be a Summoning related update in February.

:9

they're done - recap

inflation/merchanting fixes

new low level f2p quest

f2p boss monster

smithing updates

new weapons/armour - degradeable

new myreque quest this year

new city/area late this year

new WOM quest

graphical updates to some npcs, including dragons

summoning update feb

hp/defence reworks

small castlewars changes

more strange power events

minor construction additions with a new quest

well, pretty decent q&a

The new skill will be Mecha (or robotics).

Reasons:

Mecha affects all skills by specialized robotic appendages or combat equipment

Jagex stated that the new skill could've been a standalone game (Mechscape was cancelled)

Take a spaceship into space to visit a robotics lab

Mecha is "cool" and "big"

Adds a new "Robotics Lab" room to construction

Adds new "Robotics" to Smithing skill

Adds Robotic Turrets to Castle Wars

Reasons:

Jagex stated that the new skill could've been a standalone game (Mechscape was cancelled)

that would destroy the whole game setting and be completely ridiculous. even in some semi-steampunk fashion it would still be completely unbearable.

Reasons:

Adds a new "Robotics Lab" room to construction

Adds new "Robotics" to Smithing skill

Adds Robotic Turrets to Castle Wars

Very interesting concept. I guess time will tell, eh?

I do wish they wouldn't answer the same questions repeatedly. If you answered that the skill is coming out towards the middle of the year don't answer another question asking almost the exact same thing. :rolleyes:

That's why I didn't bother to read the whole thing and hoped to find a summary of the answers in this thread. :P

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Well I braved it and read it all, I think :P

I think they answer the same questions over and over so that the answers drilled into people's heads. I can practically recite when the skill will likely be out, what it isn't and different aspects mentioned... now only if it was Runescape coursework and not ICT coursework I need to do atm :wall:

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Why does he even bother answering the same questions over and over again?

Example:

This is directed towards the content team. I am wondering if the new skill this year or other skills to come will be applied towards combat. If so, will it raise the combat level?

OwnerOfAll98

The new skill will not have any impact on combat level.

Mod Fetzki

1. Can you confirm if the new skill is a non-combat skill or a combat skill?

2. Do you guys like the idea of Slayer for skillers? (The ‘Skiller master’ would ask them to make certain things, or gather certain supplies.)

Pro Cheese93

1. The skill will not impact on the combat level.

:wall:

Still some interesting stuff, though.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

Mod Fetzki

3. MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL! Will we EVER see a return of the old graphics right before the very first HD update? All before that, in 1 option – will it ever happen, just like you opened RSC again? I know you guys can pull it off...hopefully, you will.

Nukerange

3. No, we don't see any reason to do this. If you would see it, you wouldn't want it back, I'm sure about this.

*facepalm*. Does he assume that we all started in '09?

Shaniqua.png

I dont understand one thing, i think they contradicted themselves about the new skills dependence on other skills.

This is the quotes

Will you need levels in other skills to do some features of the skill? Jagex answered no

and later they said

It will involve all current skills of RuneScape.

Can someone please elaborate.

Currently:whacking noobs with rubber chicken

F2p and 52 prayer :-P

^^^^ Awesome Video ^^^^

Mod Fetzki

3. MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL! Will we EVER see a return of the old graphics right before the very first HD update? All before that, in 1 option will it ever happen, just like you opened RSC again? I know you guys can pull it off...hopefully, you will.

Nukerange

3. No, we don't see any reason to do this. If you would see it, you wouldn't want it back, I'm sure about this.

*facepalm*. Does he assume that we all started in '09?

it's not about that, it's just pointless for them to waste time and resources doing something that a diminishing amount of people actually care for.

i miss those days, but they are over and there's no point going back

I read the previously answered questions and he said they are working on *several* boss monsters for F2P...hmmmmmm...

Queen cockroach anyone? Or maybe something nobody has even thought of? Probably (and I hope) the latter.

I love these QnA's! Except for the stupid repetitive questions.

Big_Stingman.png

Does he assume that everyone uses HD? Hell i'm in safe mode fixed window!! It's as close as you can get to back then. HD is just horrible textures they have plastered over random parts of the game making some things look awesome and then others still stuck in 2004.

asrhasrh.jpg

Really curious about the new smithing updates... wonder if i should be stocking on coal?

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Some really nice answers in there, but again they fell victim to answering all the questions that are the same but just worded differently.

e.g. Wat is de new skil

JMod: Can't tell.

next question....

What is the new skill?

JMod: Can't tell.

Multiply by 5 and you have filled up a lot of empty spaces that could've being used for some constructive questions. Still, most of the answers I was expecting (and there was a few that I wasn't) but it was a pretty good read :).

disturbeda.png

Hoping for something good to come out of the summon update, but looking at what we just got I doubt it will be anything high level :(

There's not much of an incentive to get mine past 88 (except of course for the pack yak), spending that kind of time and money to get the charms isn't worth it at the moment.

Mod Fetzki

Will there ever be even better weapons than the godswords?

JamesesGlory

Yes!

Dump Godswors now!!! :shock:

there already are lol, kinda a dumb question, its like asking if theyll make items better than a d scim

a_final_name.png

More plot with the storylines would be awesome. What future updates can you say about this?

Luvandpower

Lots of future plot is coming. People have generally expressed a preference for us to focus on the plotlines weve already started, so expect more from existing series like Mahjarrat, fairies, the Myreque... Also, we will be starting to go into more depth for a couple of things weve only touched upon before. The Kin still wait, but for how much longer?

Paul

Most interesting one

I dont understand one thing, i think they contradicted themselves about the new skills dependence on other skills.

This is the quotes

Will you need levels in other skills to do some features of the skill? Jagex answered no

and later they said

They didn't say plainly no, they said "Yes and no. You'll understand when the skill is out." So it will involve other skills, but you won't need levels in other skills to do this skill =)

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Hoping for something good to come out of the summon update, but looking at what we just got I doubt it will be anything high level :(

There's not much of an incentive to get mine past 88 (except of course for the pack yak), spending that kind of time and money to get the charms isn't worth it at the moment.

My guess would be adding charms to over events (imps as they are due an update). Really anything which adds more variety to summoning is welcome.

This is the quotes

and later they said

Think the way hunter interacted with other skills and yet required no other skill to level.

New range weapons, new equipment, new potions and so forth.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Secretly hoping to be able to use fighting familiars in single combat areas. lol

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12