16-Feb-10 Familiarisation (POST YOUR CLUES!)

Toad

How dissapointing. They made Summoning easier/faster to train rather than improving the skill with new familiars and special moves. D&D provides nothing for people who are already 99.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Summoning is the next skill in line to get made significantly easier, wonder whats next.

Well, you get some charms for 40 minutes. That's okay, but not really going to make it much easier or cheaper. The items will make it slightly cheaper for a few pouches, but still need your charms.

It's not going to make it that much easier.

Yeah true, misread it

2376/2376 total achieved - May 2009

Retired Dec 2009

How dissapointing. They made Summoning easier/faster to train rather than improving the skill with new familiars and special moves. D&D provides nothing for people who are already 99.

If you get 99 in a skill, be prapared for the fact that any updates to that skill will never have any impact on you. It's one of the drawbacks to maxing a skill.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

With a waterfiend task, extremes turmoil good familiar etc, that 40 mins can get you about 100k extra summoning xp. Wonder if the item reward will be any good, if it's under 100k or something I'll just go for the triple charm drop reward and extra ranks or something.

2dvjurb.png

So Summoning is the next skill in line to get made significantly easier, wonder whats next.

Well, you get some charms for 40 minutes. That's okay, but not really going to make it much easier or cheaper. The items will make it slightly cheaper for a few pouches, but still need your charms.

It's not going to make it that much easier.

Well, 40 minutes at WF on a task with lucky charm, would net around 100 extra crimsons. Not much, but still 100 more than you would normally get so it will be easier in a small way.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

I think for us pre-99 Summon-ers, it's a fine update. Not overpowering with only 40 minute's worth of triple charm, but helpful nonetheless. I find the secondaries as a reward more useless really, unless it's a huge amount.

If I ever get any waterfiend tasks I know what i'll be doing beforehand! <3:

blue charms from tds :9

Knowing my luck that will be one of those trips where they spam me with golds. :mellow:

Anyway, interesting update. Definitely going to try when I get waterfiends.

[hide]sevestia.png[/hide]

Well that was anti-climatic.

This.

And this.

You are not even 99 summoning... :???:

Cant comment on the content yet as I in a middle of a slayer task but the rewards sound great for those training summoning.

Personally I hope the random item reward thing is useful as I rather not get any more charms costing me more money. So I just hope I can get a decent odds and amount of free shards compared to charms. Otherwise this update just costs me.. cant deny its not a useful update for others though. Cant have them all.

If you get 99 in a skill, be prapared for the fact that any updates to that skill will never have any impact on you. It's one of the drawbacks to maxing a skill.

That's not true. 99 Summoners don't only use Steel Titans ya know. Summoning is unuque in that there are even plenty of low level familiars that are useful, Beaver for example while woodcutting.

Even the Phoenix D&D gave us two new pets and a new familiar. Yet for some reaosn Jagex devices not give give a Summoning related D&D anything new. This seems odd to me.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Still no news on what exactly hex and focus do from a mod. Been pushing the topic for the last 3 hours on RSOF.

Love the idea, hope it plays out right as a D&D.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Something I just want to make clear. I am not ranting. I think the D&D looks great, and while I haven't played it yet it looks fun and the rewards are nice.

I am not ranting, I am dissapointed. I feel that this was a wasted opportunity to try something new and fresh. Instead of doing the obvious thing of increasing charm rates (Eviltree banks logs, Shooting stars can get you double ores etc) Jagex could have given us something new and exciting.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

I was going to ask why lots of people feel the need to declare this a fail / waste of time / dissapointment without even seeing it or playing it, but then i remembered where I was......

Remember this is a diversions minigame, not a full time minigame or a new way to train summoning. Its a little something new to do for fun occasionally.

Also, like the ardy diaries with the hidden elite tasks, which were slated for hours, why not give it some time to see what it actually can do?

Gda_Scooby.png

I think the idea of D&D is to eventually assist every single skill in the game with a more interesting way of getting your logs and charms and mining EXP. So I would consider it an expected update. None of the D&D I know so far is overwhelmingly overpowered compared to the training methods we have either.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

From patch notes:

"minigames:

You can no longer use the horn from Barbarian Assault while you're a monkey. "

Why? <_<

They have changed it to:

"Graphical

You can no longer use the horn-playing emote for the Penance horns while you're a monkey. "

namnlskopia.jpg