10-Mar-2010 - Big Ticket Prize Draw

Carl

We recently launched the Big Ticket, which gives our players a chance to win one of 24 exclusive invitations for an all-expenses-paid trip to Jagex HQ here in Cambridge, England, where you and a group of fellow Big Ticket winners will get the chance to meet the people behind RuneScape and generally have a whole lot of fun.

As announced in our Big Ticket launch post, there are a number of ways to bag yourself a Big Ticket. One such way is by entering one of our prize draws, the first of which we’re holding on 26th March 2010, at 3pm (GMT/forum time)!

How do I enter?

All accounts with valid membership at the time of the draw (3pm GMT on 26th March) will automatically be entered (so signing up for a month’s membership today will guarantee your place in this month’s draw). If you have multiple accounts with membership, you’ll be entered into the draw multiple times.

Non-members are also most welcome to enter by sending a postcard marked with ‘Big Ticket Draw’ to: Jagex, Box 78, 23 King Street, Cambridge, CB1 1AH, United Kingdom. Your postcard must include the date of the draw you wish to enter, your account name and your contact details. If you are under 13, please only provide contact details of your parent or guardian.

When will the next draw happen?

When we announce the winner of a prize draw, we’ll also announce the date of the next draw. Prize draws will take place at the end of each month and the news announcing the winner will appear a few days after the draw itself.

How will I know if I win?

If you win, we’ll contact you via your RuneScape message centre if you enter the member draw, or using the contact details you supply if you enter using our PO Box address. We’ll also announce the winner of the prize draw with a newspost a few days after the draw.

You can find a complete set of terms & conditions here, and don’t forget to check out the Big Ticket forum thread for more information and the dedicated FAQ.

Good luck, everyone!

Mod Hohbein

Community Management

RIP Michaelangelopolous

So I have like 1/3million chance of winning, woot.

For a prize that's valued at what, 3-4k USD?

Not sure if that's worth it to me. Especially the hassle of postage and shipping internationally, it might be cheaper to buy a month of membership on a nub acct.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

So I have like 1/3million chance of winning, woot.

For a prize that's valued at what, 3-4k USD?

Not sure if that's worth it to me. Especially the hassle of postage and shipping internationally, it might be cheaper to buy a month of membership on a nub acct.

Or on your main, that'd make sense too.

Unless you're like, obsessively F2P or something.

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

Great.. They're going to chose someone completely random who probably does nothing for the community. I'm all for Jagex picking people to visit them for reasons that they've helped out RS or made an impact on it in someway. Not because they happen to give them money (or send them a postcard).

asrhasrh.jpg

You might want to add this to the first post too, I found it containing quite important information for anyone taking part in the Big Ticket competitions. :)

[hide=Terms and Conditions]

Jagex is running a series of competitions where the prize is a Big Ticket. A Big Ticket winner will be invited to attend specific a fun day with Jagex staff. The Big Ticket competition is subject to these terms and conditions if you enter a Big Ticket competition you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.

1. Jagex Limited, a United Kingdom registered company (registered office St Johns Innovation Centre, Cowley Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WS) is administering this series of free prize draws. These terms and conditions apply to a series of free prize draws for Big Tickets.

2. The Big Ticket competition is open to people of any age. However, if you are under 18 you will need the permission of a parent or guardian and you would need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian to the Big Ticket event, if you win that prize.

3. A Big Ticket is an invitation for the winner to attend a specific Jagex event, which may include a Jagex office party or a visit to Jagex offices (for example). Jagex will pay for and arrange reasonable travel and accommodation for the trip to enable the winner to attend the event. If the winner is under 18, Jagex will pay for and arrange reasonable travel and accommodation for the winner and a parent or guardian. You (and your parent or guardian) will need to liaise with Jagex representatives regarding the arrangements for the event and provide such information as necessary to make the arrangements.

4. Big Ticket draws will be run automatically each month when announced on the website. Every fully paid subscriber to RuneScape on the date of the prize draw will automatically be entered once into the free prize draw (each an Automatic Draw). Exact dates of each draw will be communicated in a news post each month when a draw is being run.

5. One person will win a Big Ticket for each Automatic Draw. All such winners will be selected at random.

6. Big Tickets may also be won by other means. These terms and conditions will also be relevant to the award and redemption of the Big Ticket by other means, unless the rules relating to any such competition specifically state otherwise.

7. Winners will be notified if they have won by a message being sent to their Jagex account. To claim a prize, the winner will need to respond to the message sent to their Jagex account with such personal details as necessary to enable Jagex to contact that individual about the Big Ticket event. The details required will be detailed in the message informing you that you have won.

8. If you are under 13 please do not provide your personal details to us in response to a winning message. Instead please provide the details of the parent or guardian who we can contact to organise redemption of the prize. If you are over 13 but under 18, please provide us with details of your parent or guardian as well as your own personal details, when responding to such a message. Your parent or guardian may need to complete a parental consent form in order to allow us to process your entry and accept the prize.

9. If the notified winner of an Automatic Draw does not respond to Jagex within 7 days of a message being sent to them, then we reserve the right to repeat each and any Automatic Draw until a winner is found.

10. All results are final. Jagex reserves the right to refuse or not include any entry for any reason, including but not limited to a breach of these terms and conditions.

11. The Big Ticket event and arrangements will be as specified by Jagex and the prize is not substitutable, exchangeable or refundable.

12. Details of the winner may be published by Jagex on Jagex websites or in newsletters or similar alternative communications. Winners may be required to participate in various promotional activities related to the Big Ticket competition.

13. This competition is not open to employees of Jagex Limited or any persons professionally connected to this competition.

14. No purchase is necessary to enter the Automatic Draw: instead of the automatic entry process described above at 4, a person may enter the Automatic Draw by sending a postcard marked Big Ticket Draw to Jagex, Box 78, 23 King Street, Cambridge, CB1 1AH, United Kingdom. The postcard must include the date of the draw you are entering, sufficient contact details for Jagex to contact you or your parent or guardian and comply with the personal information provisions at 8 above. Postcard entries will only be entered into the draw if sent after the date a draw is announced and received before the date a draw is schedule to be made. Subject to compliance with these provisions, each postcard will be entered into the relevant Automatic Draw.

15. We have the right to withdraw this competition at any time.

16. Copyright © 2010 Jagex Limited. All rights reserved. Jagex and RuneScape are trade marks or registered trade marks of Jagex Limited in the US, Europe and other places.

17. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed and interpreted in accordance with English Law.

[/hide]

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Great.. They're going to chose someone completely random who probably does nothing for the community. I'm all for Jagex picking people to visit them for reasons that they've helped out RS or made an impact on it in someway. Not because they happen to give them money (or send them a postcard).

Yeah I share the sentiment Aurian but you got to remember how much the Big Ticket is playing off the Willy Wonka theme. In that story, the Golden Tickets were hidden in a bar of chocolate and someone got to go to his awe-inspiring chocolate factory just because of their ability to buy a bar of candy :P. Although Charlie's ticket was arguably meant to be lol... Perhaps another Charlie out there will emerge among us :blink:. Anyways I'm sure they will not throw draws for them left and right. At least this way they are giving any player (or anyone with the ability to mail a post card) the opportunity to score one.

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).

I hope that the winner is at least someone who is like 17+ and has at least some sence of maturity. If someone from the RSOF rants section gets selected I'm going to cry.

Just the fact that people are auto entered pushes the odds of winning much lower. If you had to go out and fill a form or something on the website, that would have cut the number down by like 75%.

All I can say is I hope it's me!

Thinking about it, this could be a clever way for Jagex to get more memberships. It takes, what? like 1000 new members to fully make up the cost of sending 1 person on the trip? Surely people would rather choose to buy a month of members then spend the same ammount sending a post-card half way across the globe. Oh well, This makes Jagex money which leads to more development dollars so I'm fine with it.

Yeah I share the sentiment Aurian but you got to remember how much the Big Ticket is playing off the Willy Wonka theme. In that story, the Golden Tickets were hidden in a bar of chocolate and someone got to go to his awe-inspiring chocolate factory just because of their ability to buy a bar of candy :P. Although Charlie's ticket was arguably meant to be lol... Perhaps another Charlie out there will emerge among us :blink:. Anyways I'm sure they will not throw draws for them left and right. At least this way they are giving any player (or anyone with the ability to mail a post card) the opportunity to score one.

Except I doubt Andrew is planning on giving away Jagex to one of the lucky winners.

Even if I won, it would be really award to try and explain this prize to my boss and family.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I think I would break down and cry if I won. I never win anything. It's literally the chance of a lifetime for me.

Lmao pretty close to my thoughts :lol: Maybe I wouldn't go quite as far as to cry but I seriously never win ANY kind of raffle, draw or any luck-related contest.. never ever ever. So not only would I just die of shock if I actually won, I'd be totally and completely ecstatic :P

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I hope that the winner is at least someone who is like 17+ and has at least some sence of maturity. If someone from the RSOF rants section gets selected I'm going to cry.

I lol'd at this. I am actually from the rants forums. You may think that most of us are immature. But we are mostly just misunderstood. :P The rants forum is a good source of humor; and is at least unique to the rest of the RSoF.

Back on topic:

I have a 2/3,000,000 chance. So I am really banking on this trip. :P

To be honest, I don't know if I would even want to win. I think that I would end up saying something stupid to MMG if given the chance to meet him.

To be honest, I don't know if I would even want to win. I think that I would end up saying something stupid to MMG if given the chance to meet him.

"So, uh, MMG, hows your WoW character coming along? ERM, uh, *runs*"

Too bad I'm no longer a member. I cba to write a postcard :)

seetons.png

Feel free to HYT me in-game =)

~~3,483rd to 99 Thieving, Feb 22, 2008~~

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." - Calvin (& Hobbes)

I hope I don't win tbh I don't feel like dealing with this or explaining to my parents how I won a ticket to jagex headquarters the makers of an online game..... Not like I'd even accept the ticket anyway I really don't want to go and wish I wasn't auto entered even though it's like no chance of my winning anyway so idk why I'm bothered by it. I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way it would probably be better if jagex made a form that you have to fill out even for members to enter this to give those who want to go a better chance.

If my luck in RuneScape has been indicative of anything lately, it's that I stand a higher chance of getting an Elysian Sigil, Visage, and 3A Kite in the same day than winning a big ticket.

Either way, it seems to be pretty cool. It would definitely be fun to go over there, if I did win.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Aww, my parent's would have to come with me if I win =/. That's no fun.

Aaaaaaand this is why no one takes Runescape seriously

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hell, I would love to travel to England, but it does seem stupid that they automatically entered everyone with membership... Some people aren't active (although they keep their subscription just in case), and some people wouldn't even want to go.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.