New Skill Tomorrow??

3PointMan

Guys, read the OP. It was not him who wrote it, it was that guy in the RSOF.

Anyways, it's just kind of creepy. So many pieces of evidence coincidentally collide. :blink:

But it doesn't matter, we'll just wait and see.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope it's not tomorrow as I have an essay to write. <_<

Im with you. Need to make a whole 7 page website for friday and the new skill would pretty much kill all motivation to get it done. :P

I wont speculate on it coming though, ive waited this long I can wait some more.

I really hope it's not tomorrow as I have an essay to write. <_<

Im with you. Need to make a whole 7 page website for friday and the new skill would pretty much kill all motivation to get it done. :P

I wont speculate on it coming though, ive waited this long I can wait some more.

Same, hoping for a small update later today so i can focus again :P

Lord_Beloved.png

I am just reposting this, I found it incredibly interesting and all of his reasons were very logical.

EDIT: THIS IS NOT MY IDEA DONT [bleep] ME OUT FOR IT. IM AM JUST REPOSTING IT

firstly, even if it is not your idea, you reposted it and said that you agreed with his thoughts.

You really should have amended that second part, or at least spent a little effort distancing yourself from the repost than you did.

either way, inevitably people are going to flame you if you don't. It's how most forums work, live, learn, and get pissed about it somewhere else.

-anyways-

I wanted to get that out of the way

I'm going to side with Qeltar here, since nobody else is.

look, all of his reasons are very logical, but they still cannot hope to scratch the surface of many possible reasons Jagex could have for releasing a skill.

and frankly while providing good reasons, the post itself does a poor job of addressing doubts.

While logical in its own right, it does not have much more logic than many other propositions mentioned on RSOF threads all the time.

The poster makes a good case that tomorrow would be a good, in fact nearly ideal time to release the new skill.

But from my personal experience as a merchanter, each time I bet my money on something like that, I tend to lose. That's why I don't bet my money on these things anymore.

just because tomorrow is a better than average day to release the skill, doesn't make me believe that there is more than a 5% chance of the skill being released tomorrow or the following week.

things like these simply aren't meant to be predicted.

If the poster does happen to gloat over it because he just happened to be correct, then he's an idiot.

Naaxi.png

TBH I don't think it will be the new skill. There is a fishing related update that is still yet to come and thats the fishing Guild makeover of which there has been artwork released a while back.

Going with the 23/22 (30 days) pattern it could be possible that we may find out more about the strange power/wildy castle but it does not mean it will be released.

I'm going with a fishing update(or at least fishy related could be another sea slug quest), if it was Mod Emilee who posted that I would think it could be a 'Red Herring', but it wasn't so that could be why its not very cryptic as usual.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

I hope they update smithing before the new skill. They said they had a smithing update planned and its been months.

I hope this weeks update doesnt suck, because last weeks was lame.

God no, I'm nowhere near ready for the smith update :(

Lord_Beloved.png

I hope this weeks update doesnt suck, because last weeks was lame.

Nah, last weeks was awesome. |^_^|

Hopefully tomorrow's update involves the new areas.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

What the bleep is going on on Tif, MXM returns to the gallery, Alduron returns to post there, Musky44 returns, Qeltar returns.

The bleep?

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Wish they'd just release the damn thing so I don't have to keep reading these posts... Its not like your guess is better than mine.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

This thread has been an interesting read, I must admit. Well, give or take some back-and-forth flaming, anyway. :P

Now, while it would be nice to have a new skill, I won't hold my breath. It's gonna come when Jagex decides it's cool enough for release, and not a moment before, sad to say. :(

BTW, last week's update had a major plus for some players, even with it being primarily aimed at newbies... Especially with all those unburied bones just appearing due to the negligence of others. (Yup, you guessed right. I'm one of those prayer-training oddballs who got down there and took advantage of that little opportunity!) :mrgreen:

See you all on the flipside. Who knows what the future holds... :?

Oh, and pirate_felix, you missed someone... ME! ....... Shame on you! :shame:

~Mr. D. V. "I'll just lurk until it happens..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

It was an interesting read, but really only JAGEX knows when the skill will be released.

BTW, wasn't the quote from JAGEX about the new skill release date something along the lines of: "the skill will be released closer to the middle of the year than closer to the end of the year"? Not a direct quote, but wasn't it something similar? If so, wouldn't March be closer to the middle of the year than to the end of the year?

Lord_Porus.png

What the bleep is going on on Tif, MXM returns to the gallery, Alduron returns to post there, Musky44 returns, Qeltar returns.

The bleep?

Addicts.

This, is the power of the 'new skill'... :twisted:

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

NO it could be D&D besides every week its apparently a new skill.. it makes zero sense if I'm totally honest you say black cat you think black cat if you get me.

March 29th is the 6th year of RuneScape 2 though (my birthday get me something nice).

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Whats up your [wagon]?

Its just a theory. No harm in posting it.

This theory has popped up in its own thread at least once a month since Summoning launched, and every month before then. Everything pointed out here:

1. It's the perfect time.

2. This update is a hint towards it.

3. The twitter update

4. It is ___ days/months/years after X update

5. Jagex being cryptic.

As for #3, is that really evidence? Jagex being too direct with their hint? I've heard that countless times since Jagex started doing hints on Twitter, and every time it was exactly what they said it would be.

Jagex sets themselves up for this, and I know they love players speculating, but they pretty much trashed the concept of verbatim back in 2005 when they announced Player Owned Houses in the Behind the Scenes as "be able to sit in chairs," because for years after every ending to every Behind the Scenes was somehow a hint towards something huge, which is why so many people ranted at the end of each month. Jagex would say "We're upgrading the engine to improve performance on lower end machines," and somehow people would turn that into "Upgrading the engine? THAT MUST MEAN KEWL 3D GRAPHX ON A NEW ENGINE!" only to end in miserable disappointment when it turns out that the update was indeed just an engine update for performance.

And for the record, the new skill could come out tomorrow and that still wouldn't make the OP right. Someone has called out new skill virtually every week with similar supporting evidence, since the new skill was confirmed. If I tell someone it's going to rain every morning, it doesn't make me a weather man when three weeks later, it rains. Throw enough spaghetti at the fridge, and at least one strand will stick eventually, no matter how poorly the pasta is cooked.

if the spaghetti is dry, then you have to make the fridge sticky somehow.

pere_grin.png

"Going to go out on a line and apologies about the weight for this weeks RuneScape update hint. We couldnt think of hook to bait you with" @Jagex

What if they update pirate hooks? Like give different kinds of them for fewer agility tickets? Haha, just a thought.

Staurolite.png

Many schools are on spring break around me in my region of the USA. I think it would be a fine time to release the new skill, but I've been doubtful. I like the idea that Mod Emilee has taken the week off so that she can be the first to reach 99 on her choob account. :)

"All that is gold does not glitter..."

For all those quoting the Jagex statement saying the new skill will come out closer to the middle of the year rather than the end of the year, it only means the skill will be released before october. Anything before octobre will be closer to the middle of the year while any date after October 1st will be closer to the end of the year.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Many schools are on spring break around me in my region of the USA. I think it would be a fine time to release the new skill, but I've been doubtful. I like the idea that Mod Emilee has taken the week off so that she can be the first to reach 99 on her choob account. :)

I somehow doubt that Jagex revolve their update timetable around the American school system.. :rolleyes:

Oh and to the topic question? No. Shut up and just wait for it to come, in a few months..

asrhasrh.jpg

Just because the USA is on holiday doesn't mean that all the games companies will stand to attention and deliver something.

Jagex are British, so therefore they'll base themselves on the British holiday's not American IMO, otherwise most people will just think they're selling out and becoming an Americanised British company and I'd really hate that to happen.

This is the last week of school/college/uni for pretty much everyone in the UK so therefore after next week will be prime time; however the Easter event will come then. TBF I'd say they'll co-ordinate it with the end of term for everyone, which is ~end of june usually. It's probably a much safer bet to release it then when they'll receive an influx of kids and adults playing more.

My 2 cents: Wait till June and see. It's not that hard, and it's not too far away.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D