When do we get a REAL update?

Lep

Which is why we need better armor and a total reworking of the Defense system.

Better armor wouldnt do the trick, cause as of right now there are really few people who actually even wear barrows armor. A lot of pvp seems to be people who are ready to die, running around in rune, and prot-iteming their AGS

Which is why Runescape PvP is (and always was) a joke. I can't understand for the life of me who would find the PvP system in this game fun at all. The only decent PvP we have is Castle Wars because the terrible defense and melee system that Runescape has doesn't cost you money.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is why I said we need a rework to the Defense system.

Also, it seems we won't get a *real* update this week either. :rolleyes:

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

What do you expect? The game to completely change every two months?

I don't WANT the game to change. My money is well spent in Runescape. The game is constantly improved with bug fixes, and it's already one of the least buggy games I've ever played. It's nice getting new bits and pieces every month or two, but if it changed constantly, we could never keep up.

What do you expect? The game to completely change every two months?

I don't WANT the game to change. My money is well spent in Runescape. The game is constantly improved with bug fixes, and it's already one of the least buggy games I've ever played. It's nice getting new bits and pieces every month or two, but if it changed constantly, we could never keep up.

No, we want a good update right off the bat. No more half done updates that get the second half done weeks later, like the Multiplem Runecrafting updates. Updates this year have been very shallow or half assed. Nomad's Requiem being both in my opinion.

Oh no update this week? Wicked. :thumbdown: I bet next week they're finally working on high level content though, right? I bet it's a sequel to the blood pact where the statues we had cause the nechromancer to come to life because they're gathered together and we have to fight a level 50 boss. Wew!

I wonder what would happen if Jagex released content that ONLY people below a certain level can do... Like only level 60's can kill this monster that drops a wicked new weapon...

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Did we forget that there is a new skill coming out later this year?

Did we forget about the raw footage we saw in a video on the Runescape's Youtube Channel?

Did we forget about the likely new Fairy quest with new graphic additions?

Did we forget that these updates will come out this year?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Come up to me and tell me those are not REAL updates.

Get a grip you guys.

You people favor radical change, but when it comes, you same people complain how it has affected the game and how you want it back like the 'Old Days' were.

just a bunch of whiners imo. if you have a problem with the game dont play, jagex is doing a great job. looking forward to all their promised content, not my fault you complainers are impatient

agent_earl.png

agent_earl.png

ANAHEIM DUCKS

It's the sheer amount of promised content and the very long wait we've had. Also with most the high level content being crap, like Implings, we all grow weary of it. We're not impatient, we're just tired of unfulfilled promises.

It's the sheer amount of promised content and the very long wait we've had. Also with most the high level content being crap, like Implings, we all grow weary of it. We're not impatient, we're just tired of unfulfilled promises.

honestly though, butterflies were nice, implings good for the low leveled hunter who wants to make money and train hunter at the same time. no quests required, no areas to go to that are hard to get to. it's just content for another type of player, really, although i do agree either the exp, or the monetary rewards are still underpowered; it's an improvement.

that's the case with very much of the high level content that's been bemoaned a lot of places: they don't suit my style of playing, i don't like them so jagex are ripping me off.

I do agree a lot of promised content is overdue.

Yes Butterflies were good. Imps weren't money makers really because it was just someone else spending their money for other stuff. The zombie imp was a money saver though.

Also the WC rebalance was fine, but these, like the multiple runes craftabler for deaths/bloods for me are more like common sense updates than high level updates.

Yes Butterflies were good. Imps weren't money makers really because it was just someone else spending their money for other stuff. The zombie imp was a money saver though.

Also the WC rebalance was fine, but these, like the multiple runes craftabler for deaths/bloods for me are more like common sense updates than high level updates.

So then *if* we get a defence rework you'll complain about that too because it's a 'common sence update'?

So then *if* we get a defence rework you'll complain about that too because it's a 'common sense update'?

No because that would be a complete reworking of the skill, not simply an add on. I know that would be a lot of work to rebalance combat. It will be a big update that was common sense as well. So yes it will be, but I won't complain.

... unless it's bad. :mrgreen:

The Fish Fingers distraction is actually pretty fun to do from time to time. But indeed your right were not really getting our moneys worth atm. Hopefully the new skill will be worth the long wait.

Fabled_Foe.png

26M Crafting XP

All i can see from this post is someone who likes to complain about everything and shouldn't be playing if he wants a new item/skill every week. There is already a ton of skills you can go train.. just because your favorite skill is maxed and you did all you can for it dose not mean you deserve an update... and people complaining about not getting there moneys worth? lol what do you mean? your paying to play the game.... your not paying to get updates so you are getting your moneys worth. you all just need to calm down, play the game, and not expect a magic amazing update every weak. It takes time to think up stuff its not like they have it all ready and slowly putting it into the game to get your money. Train some skills, do a quest, play a mini game there plenty to do and if you are somehow bored of everything that Runescape can offer witch is a ton... then cancel your membership and watch the front page until something comes along that you like.

We'll all get an update when no one is prompted to make a thread like this, or in relation to this, after every update.

So never. Because people just like to be nitpicky.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

and people complaining about not getting there moneys worth? lol what do you mean? your paying to play the game.... your not paying to get updates so you are getting your moneys worth.

Actually one of the member benefits advertised by Jagex itself is:

Regular content updates

This doesn't have to be weekly.

Even a bi-weekly new content update would be welcome but it's not happening.

All of you jumping up and down in happiness at patch notes are Jagex fans.

A few years ago patch notes were not even a big deal. Now they are being promoted as content. It's a joke.

Holiday events are supposed to be small and give a small costume reward. Now holidays are promoted as real content. It's a joke.

All of last year was dedicated to improving the game and fixing the existing skills. A few skills were tweaked last year, and this year a few more skills have had minor updates.

None of the skills were majorly changed or majorly improved this is all small fixes. Plus a lot of skills have not even been touched. Some skills have no guilds. All skills should have guilds, why isn't there a fletching or farming guild? Sheer laziness on Jagex's part.

The question remains where exactly is all of the real gp we pay for members going?!

Certainly not to new updates and new content so far this year. It's been a very quiet year.

I shake my head at updates like constituition where the benefits are for new players who get bored easily(!) and nothing was rolled out for exisiting loyal players.

Combat needs a complete re-work, constitution could have been the first phase. Instead they admitted that there is nothing developed for constitution but they are willing to listen to player suggestions and ideas... Ridiculous.

There's a new skill on its way, I have no hopes for it.

I remember when there used to be two skils released per year, now one new skill is being overhyped.

The only thing I want to see is RSC quests wrapped up in my lifetime. I don't care about any other content.

Because frankly I don't like the new content apart from the new prayers.

Strykworms have to be killed while on a task. This was a slap to 99 slayers.

New imps and better exp but Puro Puro was enlarged so there are fewer more spread out imps. The costume isn't that great.

Herblore combat potions while I don't mind that these aren't tradeable I wish they were able to be made with assist. What's the point of a high herblore level when the only way you can profit from it is to do godwars. If they were assistable they could be introduced to pvp which makes things more interesting.

and people complaining about not getting there moneys worth? lol what do you mean? your paying to play the game.... your not paying to get updates so you are getting your moneys worth.

Actually one of the member benefits advertised by Jagex itself is:

Regular content updates

This doesn't have to be weekly.

Even a bi-weekly new content update would be welcome but it's not happening.

All of you jumping up and down in happiness at patch notes are Jagex fans.

A few years ago patch notes were not even a big deal. Now they are being promoted as content. It's a joke.

Holiday events are supposed to be small and give a small costume reward. Now holidays are promoted as real content. It's a joke.

All of last year was dedicated to improving the game and fixing the existing skills. A few skills were tweaked last year, and this year a few more skills have had minor updates.

None of the skills were majorly changed or majorly improved this is all small fixes. Plus a lot of skills have not even been touched. Some skills have no guilds. All skills should have guilds, why isn't there a fletching or farming guild? Sheer laziness on Jagex's part.

The question remains where exactly is all of the real gp we pay for members going?!

Certainly not to new updates and new content so far this year. It's been a very quiet year.

I shake my head at updates like constituition where the benefits are for new players who get bored easily(!) and nothing was rolled out for exisiting loyal players.

Combat needs a complete re-work, constitution could have been the first phase. Instead they admitted that there is nothing developed for constitution but they are willing to listen to player suggestions and ideas... Ridiculous.

There's a new skill on its way, I have no hopes for it.

I remember when there used to be two skils released per year, now one new skill is being overhyped.

The only thing I want to see is RSC quests wrapped up in my lifetime. I don't care about any other content.

Because frankly I don't like the new content apart from the new prayers.

Strykworms have to be killed while on a task. This was a slap to 99 slayers.

New imps and better exp but Puro Puro was enlarged so there are fewer more spread out imps. The costume isn't that great.

Herblore combat potions while I don't mind that these aren't tradeable I wish they were able to be made with assist. What's the point of a high herblore level when the only way you can profit from it is to do godwars. If they were assistable they could be introduced to pvp which makes things more interesting.

Your opinion doesn't represent the whole of the RuneScape population. We have been getting updates at least once every two weeks, just that whether those updates fit your taste. And since you declared that you ONLY want RSC storyline quests, might as well cease your membership until you see one, because honestly, Jagex isn't going to change their update schedule for you. And I think I've seen enough of people glorifying the past years, in particular the year 2005 with the 2 new skills and barrows and ancient magicks and whatsnot.

By the way, I'm sure not everyone agree with what you think strykewyrms, and herblore update should be like. I sure as hell don't.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Yeah, I'm 99 slayer and I certainly don't view it as a slap. The only think I dislike is that it wasn't introduced sooner.

Also what would be the point of having extremes be assistable? Too lazy to go train one of the easiest skills in the game (700k+ xp/h)? :thumbdown:

The 2005 update list was quite interesting. Not because it was such a great year, but because I actually never accessed many of these 2005 updates before this year.

That's right. Runescape is so rich in content that I didn't even have time yet to access content from the year 2005 till now.

I sometimes think that they update too much.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png